Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
So if your DR cap is 1000 instead of 100 like I read somewhere, doesn't that make Toughness absolute poo poo? It would be 5% DR for 5 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Seriously, where in Sanctuary is the power armor rack?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Verranicus posted:

Straight across the road from your old house.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

What is the deal with the monkey clapper with red eyes thing and is it a coincidence that a huge bear with a skull hp bar killed me while I was investigating it? This all randomly happened as I took shelter from a rad storm which surprised the gently caress out of me. Nice touch

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

FO4 is getting a metacritic user score of 4.7:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-4

Has this been to discussed to death somewhere on a prior page yet?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Would you be interested in purchasing some prime real-estate in sunny cozy Sanctuary this fine morning?

Built that ramshackle thing and had the suit+glasses on anyway and just had to snap a pic from the sleazy salesman vibe :v:

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I'd like to see that confirmed too, I'm probably not going to use anyone besides Dogmeat just because I don't care for wrangling companions.

This is how I roll too. So the lone wanderer perk works with dogmeat I can confirm it because my carry weight did go up with dogmeat following me. Lost the carry weight bonus as soon as I got another companion.

It's a great perk all around.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I'm 5 hours in and I've only been building up sanctuary...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

afkmacro posted:

This is how I roll too. So the lone wanderer perk works with dogmeat I can confirm it because my carry weight did go up with dogmeat following me. Lost the carry weight bonus as soon as I got another companion.

Hell yeah, thanks for letting me know. The carry weight's been killing me.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

pmchem posted:

Angry idiots rating game 0 out of 10, news at 11.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

pmchem posted:

Gamers are whiny babies, news at 11

E. F,b, with the same drat joke too

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

afkmacro posted:

Does this work with Codsworth too? Or is he too "human"?

Do all companions have the same inventory size? Codsworth's limit seems to be 150lb.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Jimlit posted:

I'm 5 hours in and I've only been building up sanctuary...

I have no idea how anyone is doing the base building stuff.

It's loving dire.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

pmchem posted:

One of the reviews posted:

This game is bad. My computer don't may run this game. Bad repack and game. Texture from the 20000000 years under H.X. Dialogue so casual. I very angry.

I kinda wish metacritic had a steam-style "rewiever played this title for x hours" counter :allears:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

pmchem posted:

People are genuinely upset that this game exists.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i honestly dont understand what is so controversial about this game. its skyrim with guns. it does its thing, its buggy but fun like all of their games, I dont really get the outrage

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Perestroika posted:

I kinda wish metacritic had a steam-style "rewiever played this title for x hours" counter :allears:

God that's the loving worst. People thumbs downing a 100+ hour game and then the review starts with "well I played 3 hours and..."

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

spudsbuckley posted:

I have no idea how anyone is doing the base building stuff.

It's loving dire.

Some people just like playing house.

Me, I slapped 12 prefabs together and planted a few beds in there and now the people at Sanctuary are satisifed.

Speaking of housing - is there any way to take shelter during radiation storms? (Apart from just fast traveling away or entering an indoor cell)

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Earwicker posted:

i honestly dont understand what is so controversial about this game. its skyrim with guns. it does its thing, its buggy but fun like all of their games, I dont really get the outrage
Bugs are one of the best features in Bethesda games.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Earwicker posted:

A couple pictures got posted before the game came out that made it look far worse than it is.

Then it was just a matter of snowballing idiocy as the many, many people on the internet who are incapable of creating their own opinions jumped on the bandwagon.

I honestly feel bad for Bethesda. Sure, Fallout 4 has its issues but this feels like a witch hunt.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Verranicus posted:

If you fast travel to Sanctuary its literally right in front of you :confused:

pmchem posted:

Yeah haters gonna hate, its dumb, the game is fun whatever nobody cares. Metacritic is literally retarded.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

ethanol posted:

What is the deal with the monkey clapper with red eyes thing and is it a coincidence that a huge bear with a skull hp bar killed me while I was investigating it? This all randomly happened as I took shelter from a rad storm which surprised the gently caress out of me. Nice touch

This thing terrifies me. I whacked it's head off with a bat and managed to blow myself up by hitting a fire extinguisher at the same time.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Here is my favorite thing about fall out 4

http://images.nvidia.com/geforce-co...tra-vs-low.html
http://images.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/images/fallout-4/fallout-4-god-rays-quality-performance-640px.png

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

hemale in pain posted:

This thing terrifies me. I whacked it's head off with a bat and managed to blow myself up by hitting a fire extinguisher at the same time.

I always blow that fucker's head off every time I see one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ethanol posted:

I've seen several clapping monkeys throughout the Commonwealth Wasteland, and I've shot them all. Some things are just too evil to live.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

I demand somebody mod in the "Pop Goes the Weasel" tune to the Laser Musket.

This was on the nexus when I looked. Why don't you people look there first?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/122/

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Yeah I don't get the bad reviews either. I expected Skyrim with Guns and that's what we got. I mean, sure the RPG elements are dumbed down but it's nice to now be able to pick up a laser gun and be effective with it instead of it doing piddly damage because I decided to dump all my points into Bang Bang instead of Pew Pew.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 11, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Any way to get the UI to show the DS3/4 buttons on PC?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What weapons do radiation damage?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Mordaedil posted:

This was on the nexus when I looked. Why don't you people look there first?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/122/

I wouldn't expect this to exist so soon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I haven't seen it yet, but the Gamma Gun apparently does.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Sashimi posted:

Bugs are one of the best features in Bethesda games.

I feel like this is relevant:

https://youtu.be/Oso_mmhvm-Y

Sometimes Bethesda bugs are downright magical.

Had anyone gotten the junk jet and able to sound off if it works with heavy guns traits/books/bobble heads?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Gamma Gun, which I've only found on Children of Atom so far.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

ymgve posted:

Does this work with Codsworth too? Or is he too "human"?

Do all companions have the same inventory size? Codsworth's limit seems to be 150lb.

I would say no? I got a similar robot companion from vault 81 and that's when I noticed I lost the carry weight bonus.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

3 Mutfruit, 3 Tato, 3 Corn, and a Purified Water combined at a cooking station will give 5 adhesive (once Vegetable Starch is scrapped) so once you get some farms going you can start making your own in quantity, I just learned.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

titties posted:

tap for melee, hold then release for grenades, it's pretty easy imo

still stupid tho

I'm still playing catch-up on this thread, so please forgive me, but that control is loving stupid. I love this game unconditionally, but it's the same button you hold to hold your breath while sniping. I had just made the trek to Diamond City and walked up to security tangling with some Super Mutants in a building near the entrance, and one of them was Legendary so it was a pretty good fire fight. I joined in as a sniper with my stupid pipe gun and was holding the button to hold my breath, and while I was reloading the gun I didn't take my finger off the button for some reason. Heat of the moment. When I finally realized and released, it lobbed a grenade straight into the cover some Diamond City Security were hiding behind. Oopsie. Yeah, that was a re-load...

Two things. First, I found a minor Easter Egg in the form of wooden blocks spelling "GARY" and a teddy bear in the back of a trailer.

Second, a trader came through Sanctuary and her cows were hanging out in the road. I left, did some things, and came back, and her cows were inside the loving house with all the crafting tables with their big dumb heads sticking out the front window. It was funny so I got a laugh out of it and didn't make a fuss about it. The trader was nowhere to be found. I left, did some more poo poo, came back. Still heard the cows but didn't see them sticking out the window. That's because they're on the roof now. As far as I know, they're still there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DeathSandwich posted:

I feel like this is relevant:

https://youtu.be/Oso_mmhvm-Y

Sometimes Bethesda bugs are downright magical.

Had anyone gotten the junk jet and able to sound off if it works with heavy guns traits/books/bobble heads?

If you want the Junk Jet, go do the quest to help Paladin Danse of the Brotherhood of Steel, you'll run right into it while exploring the factory with him. He's not hard to find, just go south through Lexington and you'll pick up his team's radio message.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

The male voice acting is just so goddamn bad. it's a mix of bad writing and poor line delivery but he feels like a complete bitch all the time.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

It's cool that they're trying to stay in-universe with the weapon mods by making them look cobbled together. That said, I'd much rather have an actual reflex sight on my pistol then two nails stuck in a ring of metal :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Can codsworth use weapons or just his cutting wheel?

PantsBandit posted:

It's cool that they're trying to stay in-universe with the weapon mods by making them look cobbled together. That said, I'd much rather have an actual reflex sight on my pistol then two nails stuck in a ring of metal :(

The non-pipe weapons have better reflex sights, but they require nuclear material. Even the 10mm pistol.

• Locked thread