Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

He will likely not be put in with the general population.

He can join the aryan nation, he'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

lol

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Tiara Syst is quite the unfortunate name. I can see why she's pissed at the world.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Not the Onion.

Since 1969.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Bluedeanie posted:

Apparently Hunter M. Park was arrested in Rolla, and authorities say he was not on or near campus at the time the threats were made on yikyak and other social media, according to the Columbia Tribune. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's absolutely not how yikyak works, correct? Is it possible that he spoofed his location to post in the mizzou area, or is there another guy they need to be looking for?

You can easily spoof your location on yik yak.

Like without any level of computer competence easy. There's tons of apps that just do it for you.

But yik yak still records your phone info and personal ID info so you can be easily found.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

greatn posted:

Time to read So You've Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson

I do feel for her, she got singled out for doing something student leaders told her to do to support their cause and her career is likely dead and gone. Academia is highly competitive, she's DOA.

On the other hand, maybe a comms professor who fails to realize that telling someone in the media to gently caress off is basically asking for an onslaught of think pieces about media suppression and press rights shouldn't be teaching quite yet.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

CNN's story on their front page does, actually note that.

The right wing isn't the only group capable of complaining about the media not covering things it is definitely covering.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Crain posted:

You can easily spoof your location on yik yak.

Like without any level of computer competence easy. There's tons of apps that just do it for you.

But yik yak still records your phone info and personal ID info so you can be easily found.

Ok, good to know. I'm obviously not a user so I didn't really know if that was a thing you could do.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bluedeanie posted:

Apparently Hunter M. Park was arrested in Rolla, and authorities say he was not on or near campus at the time the threats were made on yikyak and other social media, according to the Columbia Tribune. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's absolutely not how yikyak works, correct? Is it possible that he spoofed his location to post in the mizzou area, or is there another guy they need to be looking for?

Mugshot has already leaked.

He looks like your average 19-year old fuckhead.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

saltylopez posted:

13.9% GDP growth over a decade is pretty terrible too, especially since all of the GOP candidates are hammering on current growth (just over 2% per year) being too low.

I think they're trying to say 13.9% more growth than what would it would otherwise be. So 60% more growth than under Obama.

(Insert a 3/5ths joke here)

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Is there anything on the Mizzou protests that describes the sort of racism going on on campus? Every news site is talking about the poop swastika or the pickup truck people or have veered off into talking about the camera man incident but no one seems to be including other examples.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

Mugshot has already leaked.

He looks like your average 19-year old fuckhead.

I've been reading about juvenile law in Japan, and so my brain is now stuck thinking people under 20 committing crimes should be protected from themselves in the first place (and only appear in front of the family court unless there's a good reason to trial the person as an adult). I mean, before that I would have agreed that yes, 19 is old enough to be accountable, but it's so easy to imagine he's just the byproduct of a racist environment which he, until he finished high school, cannot be reasonably expected to shake off so quickly.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Control Volume posted:

Is there anything on the Mizzou protests that describes the sort of racism going on on campus? Every news site is talking about the poop swastika or the pickup truck people or have veered off into talking about the camera man incident but no one seems to be including other examples.

http://www.themaneater.com/special-sections/mu-fall-2015/

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

NeilPerry posted:

I've been reading about juvenile law in Japan, and so my brain is now stuck thinking people under 20 committing crimes should be protected from themselves in the first place (and only appear in front of the family court unless there's a good reason to trial the person as an adult). I mean, before that I would have agreed that yes, 19 is old enough to be accountable, but it's so easy to imagine he's just the byproduct of a racist environment which he, until he finished high school, cannot be reasonably expected to shake off so quickly.

Assuming that he doesn't have a record, he probably won't do time and instead get a fat slap of probation and community service.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

well poo poo my lovely work internet is blocking google spreadsheets for some reason, I'll read this in 10 hours I guess

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

So no?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Really bad cop video may be coming out from Chicago shortly: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-police-shooting-video-kass-met-1111-20151110-column.html

I dunno, if Eric garner's murder didn't get you I'm skeptical anything will. But we will see

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Do you only process racism as overt, sheet-wearing, cross-burning, lynch mobs?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Control Volume posted:

This is a very short list of a few examples that I've pulled up just from memory.

A couple years back a ROTC knucklehead and his buddy dumped a bunch of cotton balls on the Black Culture Center lawn. Brady Deaton (Loftin’s predecessor) gave them temporary suspension pending formal outcome of a hearing. This article doesn’t state it as it was written before the outcome of said hearing, but IIRC, their scholarships were revoked and they naturally left the school as a result.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/crime/two-arrested-in-cotton-ball-incident/article_d9781cd7-52ee-5f18-801b-a66de6d6720c.html

It’s only back to 2013, but it’s an example of a fast, strongly-worded and severe response from MU administration.

More recently under Loftin, a student meandered into a rehearsal of the Legion of Black Collegians Royalty Court and hurled racial slurs at the participants. He was “removed from campus” following his disciplinary hearing and Loftin uploaded a Youtube video addressing racism as “alive and well at Mizzou” and how we should “end hatred and racism” on campus. A big part of the issue in this case was that a security officer was present at the rehearsal and those involved felt that officer’s reaction was too slow to be appropriate.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/n...8f3d5cd67b.html

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/n...1b01fff9a4.html

Earlier this year in April, another swastika was drawn in a dorm in ash, along with the words “Heil” and “You’ve been warned.” Bradley Baker was eventually arrested and charged with a hate crime, and pleaded down to a misdemeanor.

http://www.jta.org/2015/04/14/news-opinion/united-states/swastikas-drawn-in-university-of-missouri-dorm

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news...272e8d4a52.html

http://fox2now.com/2015/10/22/mizzou-student-accused-of-hate-crime-pleads-guilty-to-lesser-charge/

These are of course a few disjointed examples and only go back a few years, but they go beyond the “poop swastika” that seems to have been latched onto as the central catalyst for these protests in the general narrative. I’m sure you could go back years and years and years and find similar patterns of behavior, but I don’t know that anyone has taken the effort to do so yet.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Do you only process racism as overt, sheet-wearing, cross-burning, lynch mobs?

You like the one that was falsely reported last night?

Two drunk townies and a poopoo picasso are not a good reason to fire the president of a university system.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Thanks, that helps me see the pattern they're claiming a bit better.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Kingfish posted:

Two drunk townies and a poopoo picasso are not a good reason to fire the president of a university system.

he wasn't fired. he resigned because he realized he hosed up irrevocably at his job

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Fried Chicken posted:

Really bad cop video may be coming out from Chicago shortly: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-police-shooting-video-kass-met-1111-20151110-column.html

I dunno, if Eric garner's murder didn't get you I'm skeptical anything will. But we will see

Pay wall

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Boon posted:

Pay wall

That site finally made me install noscript.

That video is going to leak no matter what that hearing rules.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

he wasn't fired. he resigned because he realized he hosed up irrevocably at his job

Don't feed the troll.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Boon posted:

Pay wall

pro tip: google the headline and click the result. works for like 90% of newspaper paywalls

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

NeilPerry posted:

If he was throwing rocks through windows ok maybe. He threatened to murder people. 19 is old enough to know what that is. Throw they book at him.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

The Kingfish posted:

Like, you understand that racism and discrimination are not things that sprang into being last week right?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fried Chicken posted:

article quotes an eyewitness as basically being like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaRBHQlEu-o

yikes

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
also, gently caress the police media

1) https://libcom.org/news/snitches-get-pulitzers-10112015

quote:

Journalists document social movements solely to advance their careers, but their work often helps the police and employers target people who take direct action

Seemingly out of nowhere, for those of us on the outside, a fight against racism at the University of Missouri rapidly spread from a hunger strike, to a football player strike, to a walkout by the faculty. This has culminated in the resignation of the president of the school as well as the chancellor.

Many of the people who have taken these actions have risked their positions as students and staff and therefore have something to lose by their participation. Some may have even broken the law by occupying public spaces. Certainly, some will fear being targeted in the future, after the media blitz has died down and the new school leadership tries to put everything back to “normal.”

These rapid developments mean that the media has suddenly swarmed this campus looking to report the story, so there is a need to protect people taking these risks from being targeted for their participation. One result has been that journalists are sometimes limited by activists from photographing people who do not want to be photographed, or from simply harassing them. The consequence of these actions was documented in a series of videos, one in particular showing a group of students refusing to allow a photographer access to a tent city on campus, even locking arms and chanting “hey hey, ho ho, reporters have got to go!”

The outrage at this assault on the First Amendment–we are told–was swift. Josh Greenman, an editor at New York Daily News, tweeted that “Without media, no attention. No attention, no pressure. No pressure, no victory. (Also, this is just wrong.)” One might think from Greenman that it was journalists who risked their jobs to fight racism, and not the students and faculty. Another dismissive commenter was Freddie deBoer, a well known critic of “call out culture” and “trigger warnings” and anything that might reflect on students as seeming to be too sensitive of racism and sexism. He tweeted one of the videos and added “I’m thrilled these protesters got the president to resign, but this isn’t cool.” Since the area restricted from the media was called a “No media safe space,” it must have immediately raised deBoer’s ire, who probably saw the incident as an organized trigger warning carried out by a mob and not an occupation of public space contending with the administration over who rules the campus. It is an honest mistake for somebody who is absolutely clueless about these things.

With the hand wringing over the First Amendment and the cries of political correctness run amok, it would sound like the students at Missouri have fallen off the deep end and completely lost focus of what their movement is about. In fact, the exact opposite is true. The restrictions on the media and the willingness to enforce them represent a relatively advanced level of organization and consciousness beyond mere symbolic protest. The people wringing their hands over the First Amendment simply want the students to hold up signs opposing racism. These people can only view direct action through their narrow ideological spectrum. To them, politics is about winning over the media with friendly messages, not disrupting the status quo and shutting down schools and workplaces. They have never risked anything to be a part of a potentially dangerous struggle and they cannot even begin to understand the problems raised by these type of actions.

There is plenty of precedent for these concerns about the media. The Occupy movement in some places was notorious for having a hostile relationship with the media, precisely because of the heightened risk of arrest involved in occupying public space. There are numerous examples of people who had their picture taken doing something possibly illegal and then found it used against them in court or fired from their jobs. Additionally, there is already one professor at the University of Missouri in the video who has come under increased scrutiny and has resigned one position and may face further repercussions. The problem is not the she was too overzealous in protecting students. The problem is that in her zeal, she and others did not recognize that the real threat was another video camera. She is being harassed and targeted for attempting to help keep other people from being similarly harassed and targeted. Not a single journalist in the US will recognize the irony as they are too busy complaining about how their rights are being infringed.

More drastically, the recent rebellions against police murdering Black people have seen precisely these consequences faced by the participants. The most iconic photograph from Ferguson, Missouri, depicts an African-American man wearing a US flag shirt while throwing a tear gas canister, presumably at the police. This image, among others, won the photographer a Pulitzer prize, the most coveted award for journalism in the US. Meanwhile, a year after this photo was taken, the person throwing the canister was charged with interfering with a police officer, a charge which would not have occurred without the photo as evidence

A similar case occurred in Baltimore where a young man was photographed on top of a police car while smashing the window. With this evidence, he was charged with eight criminal counts and given $500,000 bail. The photo was taken by a photographer with Agence France-Presse and widely distributed throughout the media.

In short, journalists who arrive to document historic social movements do so at the peril of the people who are making it. Any struggle that engages in tactics that are disruptive or potentially illegal–not to mention in some cases extremely illegal–will be wise to take a skeptical view of what the media are doing and strategize to keep them from harming people.

Journalists and their liberal supporters are often horrified at these supposed assaults on their rights, while doing nothing to support the people who are put in jail by police with evidence they sell and use to pad their resumes. Journalists arrive solely to advance their careers and will happily use and abuse the sacrifices of people in a movement to do so. Restricting their ability to get people arrested and fired is a necessary part of an anti-repression strategy for any direct action movement.

2) https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...e-media-around/

quote:

Video of a confrontation between a news photographer and protesters at the University of Missouri on Monday led to a dispute between journalists and the activists’ sympathizers beyond the campus walls. In response to a series of racial issues at the university, a circle of arm-linked students sought to designate a “safe space” around an encampment on the campus quad. When they blocked journalist Tim Tai from photographing the encampment, reporters complained that media were denied access to a public space.

Certainly, Tai – like any journalist – had a legal right to enter the space, given that it was in a public area. But that shouldn’t be the end of this story. We in the media have something important to learn from this unfortunate exchange. The protesters had a legitimate gripe: The black community distrusts the news media because it has failed to cover black pain fairly.

As a journalist, I understand how frustrating it is to be denied access to a person or place that’s essential to my story. I appeared with other journalists on local media in New York City to discuss our frustration over Mayor Bill de Blasio’s sometimes standoffish attitude towards the press. He is a public figure whose salary is paid with tax dollars. He is obligated to be accessible to us.

That was not the dynamic Tai encountered on Monday. These student protesters were not a government entity stonewalling access to public information or a public official hiding from media questions. They were young people trying to create a safe space from not only the racism they encounter on campus, but the insensitivity they encounter in the news media. In the outsized conversation that erupted about First-Amendment rights, journalists drowned out the very message of the students Tai was covering.

As journalists, we should strive to understand the motivations of the people we cover. In this case, black students at the University of Missouri have had a string of racist encounters on campus: The president of the students’ association has been called the N-word and other black students have been racially harassed while participating in campus activities. A Missouri journalism professor wrote in the Huffington Post that she has been called the n-word “too many times to count” during her 18 years at the university. In February 2010, black students woke up to cotton balls strewn over on the campus yard. The crime, carried out by white students, was designed to invoke the image of plantation slavery. University president Tim Wolfe resigned Monday after graduate student Jonathan Butler went on a hunger strike to protest the very public racism he and many black students believe the school did little to address.

Establishing a “safe space” was about much more than denying the media access; it was about securing a rare space where their blackness could not be violated. Yes, the hunger strike, the safe space and other student demonstrations were protests, and protests should be covered. But what was fueling those protests was black pain. In most circumstances, when covering people who are in pain, journalists offer extra space and empathy. But that didn’t happen in this case; these young people weren’t treated as hurting victims.

To be clear, my objective is not to impugn Tai’s character or journalistic integrity. I agree that Tai was doing his job and his past outstanding work speaks for itself. But in this conversation over “public space,” we’ve overlooked the protesters’ message — that conditions on campus make it an unbearable environment for black students to live and learn. Their approach to creating a safe space probably could have been better thought out, but the media should feel a responsibility to understand their motivations and respect their pain.

Further, as reporters, we have to drop our sense of entitlement and understand that not everyone wants to be subjects of our journalism. Our press passes don’t give us the license to bully ourselves into any and all spaces where our presence is not appreciated.

In many communities that historically have been marginalized and unfairly portrayed by the media, there’s good reason why people do not trust journalists. There’s a tendency in news media to criminalize black people’s pain and resistance to racial oppression. We saw it in coverage of Ferguson and Baltimore, when news stations provided more coverage of broken windows in their communities than of black pain.

The unfair portrayal of black people in the news media is well documented. In one study analyzing news coverage by 26 local television stations, black people were rarely portrayed unless they had committed a crime. A 2015 University of Houston study found that this imbalanced coverage may lead viewers to develop racial bias against black people because it often over-represents them in crime rates. Recognizing this kind of bias in news media, black Twitter users started the #IfTheyGunnedMeDown hashtag to call out news images of Mike Brown that many felt criminalized him in his death.

That black students would be skeptical of media is understandable. We’ve already seen the kind of headlines they undoubtedly feared. In an Atlantic piece headlined “Campus Activists Weaponize ‘Safe Space’,” Conor Friedersdorf calls the protesters a mob and insists they are “twisting the concept of ‘safe space.’” Again, a journalist criminalizes black people for expressing their pain. It was another piece centering the reporter’s privilege over the students’ trauma. Friederdorf’s piece completely ignores the intolerable racial climate that forced the students to establish a safe space in the first place.

There were other ways to cover these students’ protest without breaching their safe space and without criminalizing them.The human chain students formed provided ample b-roll and still photos. Students could have been interviewed outside of that space. I would have pitched a story to my editors with the headline, “Why Black Students Were Forced To Secure A Safe Space On A Public Campus.” But to do that requires self-reflection and not a condescending, self-absorbed soliloquy about the First Amendment.

For journalists, the Missouri protests are a big news story. For the black students we’re covering, however, it’s a fight for their humanity and liberation.
Tai is correct: he was doing his job. But in that stressful moment he may have failed to realize that the space he wanted to enter was a healing one that black people had worked to secure.

Black pain is not an easy subject to cover, but the lesson we can take from this encounter at Missouri is that our presence as journalists, with the long legacy of criminalizing blackness that comes with it, may trigger the same harmful emotions that led to the students’ protests in the first place.

WhiskeyJuvenile fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 11, 2015

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

There's something deeply ironic about condemning people with cameras and then citing how it helps the police. That first article is a piece of work.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

DeusExMachinima posted:

If he was throwing rocks through windows ok maybe. He threatened to murder people. 19 is old enough to know what that is. Throw they book at him.

i mean, if you threw the book at every edgy, ironically racist 19 year old shitlord you would depirve 4chan of its entire userbase and reddit of half

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

i mean, if you threw the book at every edgy, ironically racist 19 year old shitlord you would depirve 4chan of its entire userbase and reddit of half

I don't see the issue here

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

icantfindaname posted:

so...make sure to short reddit stock beforehand? I can't figure out what else you'd use this information for.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Control Volume posted:

There's something deeply ironic about condemning people with cameras and then citing how it helps the police. That first article is a piece of work.

It's not wrong though. Pictures will be used against you if you're doing something "illegal". Be that protesting in a public space, or murdering an unarmed black man. Sadly, it's used to prosecute the former more often.

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.
If you are a protester the media is not really your friend, as they generally support the narrative of the powerful. The media is, however, a tool that you absolutely must use for your protest to actually work. If you have thousands of people demanding your college president resign and no one from the media reports on it, well, just ask the Iraq war protesters what it's like to have them ignore your demonstrations. I'm glad they invited the reporters back and I think if this is the biggest mistake those kids make their movement is going to be fine. That said, I don't care who you are you do not get to take a piece of the commons and fence it off and claim it as your own. That campus is also Tim Tai's home, too.

If you're a person who advocates safe spaces and trigger warnings the stuff espoused in this article is probably more damaging to your cause than anything else. Safe spaces are supposed to be places where you are safe from abuse, not one where you put a velvet rope up and bounce out everyone who's not your friend, right? This article makes it seem like people who just want to not be harassed are actually trying to invade everyone else's space and, to use a popular term, colonize it for themselves.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
The Mizzou protesters should get in touch with Ben Carson, he knows all about the deceitful media and how they have a agenda.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Talmonis posted:

It's not wrong though. Pictures will be used against you if you're doing something "illegal". Be that protesting in a public space, or murdering an unarmed black man. Sadly, it's used to prosecute the former more often.

it is true but it is also ignoring the fact that without the media, and the camera specifically, policy brutality (especially w/r/t people of color) would be even more consequence free that it has been historically.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
All the whining by journalists about how the sanctity of their profession has been disparaged is really loving rich. Talk about thin-skinned.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Talmonis posted:

On the other hand the proliferation of cameras and the lower barrier of entry into having a job that can be considered "the media" has led to an unprecedented visibility and reporting on police offenses that previously would have been swept under the rug, so while things may not be ideal for things like protests, wider media access is a net positive for this country.

That's not what has me incredulous when I read that article, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Maarek posted:

If you are a protester the media is not really your friend, as they generally support the narrative of the powerful. The media is, however, a tool that you absolutely must use for your protest to actually work. If you have thousands of people demanding your college president resign and no one from the media reports on it, well, just ask the Iraq war protesters what it's like to have them ignore your demonstrations. I'm glad they invited the reporters back and I think if this is the biggest mistake those kids make their movement is going to be fine. That said, I don't care who you are you do not get to take a piece of the commons and fence it off and claim it as your own. That campus is also Tim Tai's home, too.

If you're a person who advocates safe spaces and trigger warnings the stuff espoused in this article is probably more damaging to your cause than anything else. Safe spaces are supposed to be places where you are safe from abuse, not one where you put a velvet rope up and bounce out everyone who's not your friend, right? This article makes it seem like people who just want to not be harassed are actually trying to invade everyone else's space and, to use a popular term, colonize it for themselves.

how is this different from "where's the safe space for the straight white men? :qq:"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread