Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I will, however, admit Bethesda's solution to "I heard this dialogue before" is fantasic, clicking through dialogue scenes and hearing my character uninterestingly go "Uh huh", "Yup", "Right", "Sure", is pretty fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Are there any 5mm rifles in this game? I have all this ammo but don't really want to cart the minigun around anymore.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

HATE MINIGUN

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

projecthalaxy posted:

Are there any 5mm rifles in this game? I have all this ammo but don't really want to cart the minigun around anymore.

Yeah I drop my minigun into a box when I ditch my power armor. Too heavy. Only practical if you build for the heavy weapon perks and strength.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Rookersh posted:

When does this happen? I built up the settlement like the guy said, and as soon as I put up defenses he thanked me and that was basically it. I've also helped both Minutemen related town quests.

At some point he'll give you another quest to clear out an area (a drive-in cinema, I think) and establish a new settlement there, which includes putting up a radio tower to attract people. Consider taking it down or moving it to another place once you get a few people there, otherwise the place will soon be overflowing with more people it can support.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Digital_Jesus posted:

HATE MINIGUN

It's closer to SPECCED INTO RIFLEMAN and STR QUITE LOW but yes.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Am i the only one who hasn't bothered to use the power armour outside of then first time you get it?

I dislike the HUD and energy core requirement immensely. Just let me play Fallout you fucks. That and the base building suck poo poo and need to go away.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhymenoserous posted:

I just kind of assumed whichever one you picked is the war vet and the other is the lawyer.

you assumed wrong.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

botany posted:

she's a lawyer, married to the war veteran, hasn't practiced in a while to take care of the family.

lol so he's what, a full time war vet?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I drop my minigun into a box when I ditch my power armor. Too heavy. Only practical if you build for the heavy weapon perks and strength.
I only have like 3 str so I was kinda pissed off when the game handed me the junk cannon gun at the end of a string of like 20 enemies and a longass dungeon. Even dogmeat was already overloaded.

Is there a perk or something to allow you to scrap items without a workbench?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

spudsbuckley posted:

Am i the only one who hasn't bothered to use the power armour outside of then first time you get it?

I dislike the HUD and energy core requirement immensely. Just let me play Fallout you fucks. That and the base building suck poo poo and need to go away.

I'm a stealthy sniper kind of person, so you're not the only one. Power armour doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Digital_Jesus posted:

I will, however, admit Bethesda's solution to "I heard this dialogue before" is fantasic, clicking through dialogue scenes and hearing my character uninterestingly go "Uh huh", "Yup", "Right", "Sure", is pretty fantastic.

Yes. This is the best.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

spudsbuckley posted:

Yeah I left it behind as well. I don't personally see the point in using something that makes an already pretty easy game even easier.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

I just kind of assumed whichever one you picked is the war vet and the other is the lawyer.

That definitely would have made more sense. The game is getting praised for allowing polyamory (which is obviously just Bethesda being lazy and not adding any consequences for romancing every single companion), but I think it would have been much more progressive to be able to have a couple where the woman is the fighty one.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

The Male Player was established as a former Soldier. Maybe she has the same background and they met in the army?

Or maybe its CHIM.

Also is Codsworth better to adventure with than Dogmeat?

There isn't a single military spouse I have met that -doesn't- know how to shoot and maintain equipment. It's something important to one of them and it sorta just phases over the the other over time.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

spudsbuckley posted:

That and the base building suck poo poo and need to go away.

I wish I attended the meeting where it was decided that crafting needed to be a huge part of every game to acommodate the minecraft spergs

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

You know, I liked playing these games as a wanderer, never having a home base, only owning what I can carry.

But drat, the Settlement system is fun. But god drat you Bethesda, your giving me a reason to carry whatever junk I find across the wasteland! :argh:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
When I'm crafting weapons, am I not able to take parts off one weapon and put it onto another? If I have two pipe pistols, one has glow sights, another has an auto receiver, can I not take a part off one and put it on the other? Scrapping guns only gives me steel. I thought the whole gun crafting thing was like "it's worth it to pick up guns because you can use them to make your current gun better."

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

As the lady character, when I met Danse, I was able to say I had a military background.

So I assume they met in the military. She just got a job afterwards, while he ?????.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

THe one story element so far I didn't like is that we only start learning who Kellogg is after you kill him. From the sound of things he might have been a great heavy to whoever the big boss of the Institute is.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

projecthalaxy posted:

It does! Three each of Corn, Mutfruit, and Tato, one water equals 5 adhesive.

:whatup:

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Rookersh posted:

As the lady character, when I met Danse, I was able to say I had a military background.

So I assume they met in the military. She just got a job afterwards, while he ?????.

Trying to comprehend bethesda writing is like trying to comprehend a pile of poo poo please stop trying

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

spudsbuckley posted:

You fucks? What the poo poo? Dude nothing is stopping you from never even getting in any power armor in the first place.

And once you get it you can just get out and never get back in.

This is the dumbest loving thing to complain about. You never have to use power armor ever. What in the gently caress is wrong with you. It needs to go away? gently caress off.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I really like that IGN gave it 10/10 and listed cons bugs

like if there were no bugs it would some how be 11/10

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
I looked forward to this game coming out for a long time. I bought the game and it is very good and fun.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Ilustforponydeath posted:

I wish I attended the meeting where it was decided that crafting needed to be a huge part of every game to acommodate the minecraft spergs

It actually has nothing to do with minecraft and instead is because weapon crafting mods were extremely overwhelmingly popular for New Vegas.

So go gently caress yourself because gun crafting is super awesome.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think the crafting perks may be the single most useless things to waste points in, especially since every dipshit raider has a +2 Pipe Pistol anyway. Is it worth sticking with them at all?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

When I'm crafting weapons, am I not able to take parts off one weapon and put it onto another? If I have two pipe pistols, one has glow sights, another has an auto receiver, can I not take a part off one and put it on the other? Scrapping guns only gives me steel. I thought the whole gun crafting thing was like "it's worth it to pick up guns because you can use them to make your current gun better."

You can take parts off one and put it on another, but most slots can't actually be empty so you'll have to craft the lowest level possible thing, swap it with gun A, then take the part from gun A and swap it with gun B, leaving you with a leftover basic part. The good news is you can hold on to that basic part forever and use it for future swaps.

Don't scrap them. And yes that is the whole point.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Third World Reggin posted:

I really like that IGN gave it 10/10 and listed cons bugs

like if there were no bugs it would some how be 11/10

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Cojawfee posted:

Doesn't seem that way, but hopefully I'm wrong. e: guess I was wrong.

Keep in mind that it appears your character is too stupid to put water into a kettle to make soup. Instead the character has to go find water out in the wilds despite having been smart enough to build a powered water purifier with a motorized turret guarding it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I can't stop house building

this poo poo owns

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I think the crafting perks may be the single most useless things to waste points in, especially since every dipshit raider has a +2 Pipe Pistol anyway. Is it worth sticking with them at all?

Uh the crafting perks are loving awesome and let you make OP guns of death?

Even if you find a +2 pipe pistol off some guy, maybe you want to upgrade the scope or the stock? Maybe you find a +2 pipe pistol and then you find a long barrel serrated dagger heavy pistol and you combine the two into a +2 long barrel serrated dagger heavy pistol?

Its super good dude.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah you can't just snap parts off, sadly. The solution is to make a "default" part on one you want to release, like for your glow sights, replace them with standard iron sights. You will then have a set of glow sights in your inventory. Go to your auto pistol and go to glow sights, it will say Install, instead of build.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

IMB posted:

I looked forward to this game coming out for a long time. I bought the game and it is very good and fun.

I feel the same way except for the "very good" part

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

my favorite part about the base building is goons making sure everyone in this thread knows they don't have autism

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

this poo poo owns

That's amazing. Also everybody saying that base building sucks can suck a dick, check out these pictures. You guys just have zero creativity.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ShadowMar posted:

my favorite part about the base building is goons making sure everyone in this thread knows they don't have autism

I have autism, friend.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah you can't just snap parts off, sadly. The solution is to make a "default" part on one you want to release, like for your glow sights, replace them with standard iron sights. You will then have a set of glow sights in your inventory. Go to your auto pistol and go to glow sights, it will say Install, instead of build.

Awesome, time to go crafting.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Kerrrrrrr posted:

this poo poo owns

How long did this take you? That is fuckin' boss.

Also serious question:

Is Codsworth worth ditching Dogmeat to adventure with? The game seems like it want's you to have a companion (yes I know Lone Wanderer is an option)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have 3 recruitment beacons, 13 beds, 18 water, and 15 food. Why isn't anyone else showing up to my settlement? (it has 6 people)

Codsworth is kind of funny, but he doesn't like it when you pick up random junk, and will chastise you for going through ancient lockers. He just wants you to be your pre-war self. I got kind of annoyed and traded him for the dog. Danse is a poo poo head too, but I'm in love with Piper. i hope she'll travel with me, because there's just something about her dumb bullshit newsies act that I just adore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

How do I get rid of these god drat molerat corpses in my Red Rocket garage? It seems like corpses in settlements never disappear or something.

• Locked thread