Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

dragon enthusiast posted:

one white supremacist website claimed that "The Jew Ken Levine is making a white-person-killing simulator."[211]

not worthless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Tebowing was recognized as a word in the English language by the Global Language Monitor, due to its level of worldwide usage, which was comparable to the word Obamamania (referencing President Barack Obama).[157][163]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Tebowing was recognized as a word in the English language by the Global Language Monitor, due to its level of worldwide usage, which was comparable to the word Obamamania (referencing President Barack Obama).[157][163]

call me when -ailure becomes a recognized suffix

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

worldwide usage being in the us only, because nobody in an English speaking country gives a poo poo about either praying or football outside of that country

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FrozenVent posted:

worldwide usage being in the us only, because nobody in an English speaking country gives a poo poo about either praying or football outside of that country

the us is the world

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

prefect posted:

the us is the world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AjkUyX0rVw

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

FrozenVent posted:

nah we love football, it's the us where nobody really cares about it except very briefly when your team makes it into the world cup or whatever

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Soricidus posted:

nah we love football, it's the us where nobody really cares about it except very briefly when your team makes it into the world cup or whatever

except the women's world cup which mysteriously* the rest of the world doesn't care about and the US does

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Snapchat A Titty posted:

call me when -ailure becomes a recognized suffix

i'm waiting for "plebescrub" myself

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
During the spring and summer of 2014, several journalists observed that Frozen was unusually catchy in comparison to the vast majority of films, in that many children in both the U.S.[303][304][305][306][307][308] and the UK[309][310][311][312] were watching Frozen so many times that they now knew all the songs by heart and kept singing them again and again at every opportunity to the distress of their hapless parents, teachers, and classmates.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
i love frozen

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Nelson MandEULA posted:

During the spring and summer of 2014, several journalists observed that Frozen was unusually catchy in comparison to the vast majority of films, in that many children in both the U.S.[303][304][305][306][307][308] and the UK[309][310][311][312] were watching Frozen so many times that they now knew all the songs by heart and kept singing them again and again at every opportunity to the distress of their hapless parents, teachers, and classmates.

never before had kids watched a movie over and over and memorized the songs.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Nelson MandEULA posted:

[more citations needed]

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

A Pinball Wizard posted:

never before had kids watched a movie over and over and memorized the songs.

apparently until something is mentioned on twitter then it didn't happen.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Trig Discipline posted:

holy poo poo you guys are literally arguing pokemon vs. trains. you've reached a point on the spectrum that is typically reserved for medical imaging

ffffFFFF 10 pages ago but holy lol :laffo:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Possibly the single most widespread cultural activity within the Empire is gaming, particularly role-playing games and wargaming.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

that movie it drives conservatives up the loving wall for some weird reason

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

duTrieux. posted:

that movie it drives conservatives up the loving wall for some weird reason
its because theres girls

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Sham bam bamina! posted:

its because theres girls
gross

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Space-Pope posted:

get rid of slimy girlS

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Expedition_45_%27Return_of_the_Jedi%27_crew_poster.jpg

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
post the most broken tables you can find on something awful

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

gdmamit, somone noticed

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

its because theres girls

lots of disney movies have girls; is there a hidden lesbian subtext or something?

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
maybe it's because the prince is a villain (a la shrek)? heck if I know

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

prefect posted:

lots of disney movies have girls; is there a hidden lesbian subtext or something?

people think that elsa is a metphor for gay people because she's born different, learns to accept who she is, and doesn't have a male suitor

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Symbolic Butt posted:

maybe it's because the prince is a villain (a la shrek)? heck if I know

:lol:

Disney's 'Frozen' Will Teach Kids To Be Gay And Is The Work Of The Devil: Kevin Swanson

As Right Wing Watch reported, Pastor Kevin Swanson blasted producers of the movie, which has reportedly grossed over $1 billion worldwide and nabbed two Oscars, for trying to "indoctrinate" children into being gay, and treating "homosexuality [and] bestiality in a light sort of way."

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

He likened “Let It Go” to Eve’s temptation by the serpent in the Garden of Eden, deriding the song as “Satan’s rebellion anthem” that corrupts children.

The popularity of the song and its “spirit of licentiousness” shows that people don’t want to follow the totality of the Bible, he said, warning that God “will chasten our nation” as a result of the movie’s popularity.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
bestiality?!? where did they get that

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Symbolic Butt posted:

bestiality?!? where did they get that
its because theres animals

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

one character has a friendly relationship with a reindeer

somebody sings this about him and the reindeer:

So he's a bit of a fixer-upper,
So he's got a few flaws.
Like his peculiar brain dear, His thing with the reindeer.
That's a little outside of nature's laws!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

obviously disney meant that to mean that he places his turgid penis into the reindeer's orifices in between scenes

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
i don't think the "hidden gay messages" thing is a large group against frozen

i think mostly people are against it because kids are absolutely goddamn obsessed with it, the movie is a crazy huge phenomenon despite the movie being made in a huge rush and there being weird unpolished things related to that all over the place

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

theflyingorc posted:

weird unpolished things related to that all over the place

such as?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
they forgot to have a set of "polished" textures for the sleigh's first appearance so it breaks continuity by being dirty and weathered before it's ever used, they were able to mitigate this with filters in post-production but keen eyes will still notice

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
a fine opportunity for a Frozen: Director's Cut release

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

there's a couple of time skips that make no sense, a number of incidental characters who barely have a part in the plot (it would be really easy to excise Olaf entirely if you wanted), the trolls do almost nothing to the plot either

Elsa was the main villain of the story literally less than 15 months before the movie was released, the movie didn't really bake as long as their average release, so there's tonal shifts and character motive weirdness in a lot of areas

it's not a bad movie, i like it, there's just places where you can tell that there were leftover recycled ideas instead of a unified vision

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
there's something weird about how they (don't) explain her freezing powers but I can't really break it in tvtropes narrative principles of why it feels this way

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
doesnt the movie have some animation fuckups like hair phasing through other objects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the animation of the people is top notch

their facial experrions etc i mena