Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Bryter posted:

It's only November, isn't it a bit early for your inevitable breakdown?

They usually do come in November.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Grem posted:

I will say that Carson seems like the least likely to engage in cronyism and be corrupted. He'd listen to some scheme and jolt himself awake with "aww, I don't think we can pull that off".

What? He's going to fill his cabinet with people who tell him what to do. He'd be Reagan on valium.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

thrawn527 posted:

Longest? What? It was 4 years long.

Wars that beat it (just a few famous ones, there are far more):

WWII.
The Vietnam War.
Punic Wars.
War in Afghanistan.
The freaking Hundred Years' War.

Where is the pints of blood spilled pie chart

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

RPZip posted:

They usually do come in November.

Wrong November though

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

I thought Trump would gradually allow his position to deport tens of millions of illegals to fade, that he simply didn't want to be seen as weak or a waffler, so that instead of openly changing his stance to correct a mistake he would kind of just ignore it and if he became President safely hide behind "welp, gotta compromise to make deals with congress."

I never imagined he would double down, directly speak to the concerns over people being rounded up in their neighborhoods, homes, etc., and verify those concerns by proposing a "deportation force"

He is either the greatest showman of our time, building up to a triumphant reveal, OR he is truly a legitimate mad-man.

Like I am VIRULENTLY anti ILLEGAL immigrant and even I think this is loving insane not to mention UNELECTABLE. Bar them from welfare of any form, sure. Deny them full citizenship i.e. VOTING privileges so the Democrats' plan to simply flood the country with govt. dependent voter drones to win the Presidency indefinitely and stack SCOTUS to crush my rights like my 2nd amendment rights, absolutely. Effectively wall off the border and prevent more illegals, yes. Tighten visas and only allow legal immigrants in and only give them citizenship/voting privileges if they can contribute and be net federal income tax payers, you bet.

But rounding up people already here illegally with brown-shirt squads??? This is loving madness. Elian Gonzales x 10-15 million??? No way.

Ted Cruz is an enormous rear end-hole with a God complex, but WELP guess I don't have any options left since the alternative is Marco flood the country with tens of millions more Democrat dependents and doom America Rubio.

Why Trump WHY?????

Look at this spineless Trumpeteer unwilling even to step up for a place in the Trumptruppen. Get the hell outta here.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Did tom clancy ever do civil war novels.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

Did tom clancy ever do civil war novels.

even better

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The video we've all been waiting for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29s6fS7Y5dY

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Montasque posted:

lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

I forgot Dole was alive.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Montasque posted:

Okay. Pro-Hitler.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Smoothrich found his calling; Youtube commentator.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Montasque posted:

The question was prejudiced to begin with. Should have asked something more like "would you have aborted the fetus who would become Hitler if pregnancy would continue". By calling it "baby Hitler", he's already accepted the premise that fetuses are babies.

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?
There seems to be a lot of confusion in this thread about the civil war era. I hope this helps clarify some things.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Solus M.D. posted:

There seems to be a lot of confusion in this thread about the civil war era. I hope this helps clarify some things.

i see you measured Cumulative Suck Factor

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Montasque posted:

that woman's omg voice

:lol:

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Solus M.D. posted:

I forgot about the new Texas schoolbooks.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Montasque posted:

That second one makes a good point. Someone should take Jeb to task for saying he'd kill the person who grew up to kill Hitler.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The greatest thing about the civil war is that America took Lee's plantation in Arlington as forfeit due to his treason, and turned it into a national cemetery so that the war dead would literally be laid at that racist gently caress's doorstep.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

you know who else tried to abort baby hitlers?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Smoothrich posted:

Even the Confederate Army alone would've destroyed any other world power in the 1800s

Go earn some history.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Grem posted:

I will say that Carson seems like the least likely to engage in cronyism and be corrupted.

Read up on his campaign/business managers history

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

Boosted_C5 posted:

I've been testing the waters this morning with my usual focus group (who don't realize I'm using them as a focus group).

We're not talking Frank Luntz people i.e. dumb people who can barely string together sentences or make coherent points. We're talking decorated veterans, middle-aged middle class and rising, self-employed people, wealthy baby boomers and retirees, people who are in the top half of GOP voters in terms of intelligence and wealth.

Guys. The dream might be dying. Trump may have been stumped. And Carson is falling off the face of the planet.

Get ready for the Cruz missile.

Trump has a yuge lead in the post debate polls such as time and drudge, and you're bailing on him? The Donald would be ashamed.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

quote:

From a tiny frontier force in 1860, the Union and Confederate armies had grown into the "largest and most efficient armies in the world" within a few years. European observers at the time dismissed them as amateur and unprofessional, but British historian John Keegan's assessment is that each outmatched the French, Prussian and Russian armies of the time, and but for the Atlantic, would have threatened any of them with defeat.

quote:

By 1865 the Union army, which had begun as a replica in miniature of the British army, and the Confederate army, which had not existed at all, had grown into the largest and most efficient armies in the world, divided and subdivided into elaborate operational formations and units and comprising every branch of military specialization. Though dismissed by European military grandees as amateur and unprofessional, each, but particularly the United States Army, out-matched the French, Prussian, and the Russian in up-to-date experience and, but for the interposing Atlantic, would have threatened any of them with defeat

:can:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

please don't summon the powers of history autists, it will be the downfall of RFS

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

this argument is gonna sound pretty silly when it turns out carson just misspoke and meant to say less than 200 years

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

mike12345 posted:

please don't summon the powers of history autists, it will be the downfall of RFS

insha'allah

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Prof. Lurker posted:

Trump has a yuge lead in the post debate polls such as time and drudge, and you're bailing on him? The Donald would be ashamed.

You know who agrees with Boosted that Trump went too far?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

in terms of mid 19th century rebellions taiping >>>> confederacy

general li >>>> general lee

also the 1865 armies were really good at armying and couldve won a variety of battles posed by masturbating war pig historians except that the soldiers were desperately tired and would have chosen to murder the historians then go home/wander around the west committing murder/be addicted to opiates or some combination

also also harry turtledove is so rad

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 11, 2015

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Boosted that's just pathetic. Supporting Trump has always been supporting Trumpstallnacht, there was maybe a week at the start of the campaign where you could plead ignorance that you didn't know he really *meant* it.

Now is the time for doubling down, not retreating, unless you're just straight up coming out as a gigantic beta bitch pussy. In which case I salute your courage and vulnerability.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

:eyepop:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Montasque posted:

You know who agrees with Boosted that Trump went too far?

what if you don't have a family? Hilary playing it safe, get ready for illegal goonlords being told to vaya con dios.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the best insane alt history civil war book is the one where britain invades in the middle of some battle and the union and confederacy dramatically band together and defeat the old enemy

the best insane alt history book period i can remember at this moment was the series where some engineer self-inserts himself into pre-mongol invasion poland and single-handedly invents a modern army and kills all the mongols and takes over the world and has sex with polish teenage girls

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Montasque posted:

The disgusted "oh my god" from some other journalist there is hilarious. Lady, you're covering Ben loving Carson; you should not be taking your job so seriously.

Rocks posted:

that woman's omg voice

:lol:

:D

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

crazy cloud posted:

Boosted that's just pathetic. Supporting Trump has always been supporting Trumpstallnacht, there was maybe a week at the start of the campaign where you could plead ignorance that you didn't know he really *meant* it.

Now is the time for doubling down, not retreating, unless you're just straight up coming out as a gigantic beta bitch pussy. In which case I salute your courage and vulnerability.

Boosted's freakout all but confirms the inevitability of Lord President Trump. Dehumanize yourself, kill your parents and face the bloodshed. The Black Shirts are coming.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Fox Ironic posted:

Boosted's freakout all but confirms the inevitability of Lord President Trump. Dehumanize yourself, kill your parents and face the bloodshed. The Black Shirts are coming.

Agreed. It is done. Hail Satan.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Grem posted:

I will say that Carson seems like the least likely to engage in cronyism and be corrupted. He'd listen to some scheme and jolt himself awake with "aww, I don't think we can pull that off".

Actually it's be incredibly easy to subvert him because he's a loving idiot and would have no idea his advisors were taking advantage of him.

cunningham
Jul 28, 2004
From pages ago:

Montasque posted:

The people who made up the audience were Wisconsin Republican donors and party faithful, most of them were/are Walker people.
The WI GOP insiders I know LOATHE Walker for turning the state and party into a laughingstock. His biggest (only?) supporters here are the FYGM/tribalists from Waukesha.

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Does anyone have any insight into how the audiences for the GOP debates are filled? Are the campaigns given X number of tickets each to hand out to donors/supporters?

I'm wondering if there's any realistic chance that I could attend one even though I'm a registered democrat short of switching parties and donating $10,000 to a GOP candidate.
A friend of mine was in the audience last night. He has a relative who is high up in the WI GOP, tickets went to those who were vetted, i.e., you have to know somebody. I think also some local, retired GOP politicians were there.

Those I know that were there would be hardline fiscal conservatives (WI'ers: think Ozaukee County, not Waukesha) who do not care about immigration. I'm sure they cheered and boo'ed when they were told...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Montasque posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9FlG2TXsQc

lmao.. genocide, probably not a gray area.

• Locked thread