Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I didn't see anyone mention it back when it happened but Battle Tendency Volume 1 came out a while ago and Volume 2 hits this month on the 17th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Some info about that scan from Steel Ball Jack
- It supposedly confirms that there may be more characters coming
- Doppio is playable separately from Diavolo
- Trish is voiced by Touyama Nao
- Story Mode has mini games.
- One of those mini games is poker vs Daniel J D'Arby.
- The other two are fighting Justice and collecting all of Harvest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkGnNvbJGsU

Unrelated, I just got this in the mail and I love it.

That scan doesn't say Doppio is playable separately. All it says is that Diavolo appears as Doppio during his entrance animation.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Do the parts of Jesus Christ count as the sixth DIO?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The holy corpse is Dio in Jorge Joestar, so yeah, sure.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Thanks for the SAS pictures! I hadn't known that he comes with the binoculars or that crazy diamond came with a stand cry... thing. I really am tempted to get those two as a pair someday, though I think I'd limit my stand SAS purchases to crazy diamond & the hand, most likely.

I don't think I posted my Rohan when that finally came in. I packed most of his stuff away but it also came with a paintbrush, a camera, and some manga pages. Getting Heaven's Door balanced there is kind of an issue, I should pose it a little better than that but oh well.

I also picked this up (finally) last weekend :allears:

And pomp I saw that rohan thing the other day and about died laughing. dangit I need to pull together the post that I said I would. I was distracted last night by trainwreckblond's beefcake DIO art and forgot to look through my history to get the other stuff I said I'd post.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3DS, and there is an artist character named Kenny Rohan. Coincidence?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Baal posted:

I didn't see anyone mention it back when it happened but Battle Tendency Volume 1 came out a while ago and Volume 2 hits this month on the 17th.

Is this the physical or digital edition?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Physical. Vol 2 already came out digitally.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Baal posted:

Where are you getting that date from? Amazon's got a Vol. 2 release for February 2, and vol. 1 only came out three days ago.

e: Wait no, I see it. Volume 3 is coming out digitally November 17. The physical copies of 2 and 3 are being released in February and May next year.

melodicwaffle fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 6, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh my bad, I misremembered

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Pomp needs a hoodie

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The World looks like a Digital Devil Saga character like that

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Nothing will be better than the Cream hoodie which actually exists.

Except perhaps for Kira's tie which also actually exists but is way too expensive or I'd already own it.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

*throws Rohan Goes to the Louvre out the window*

ARRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAKIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 11, 2015

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I wouldn't treat the Rohan short stories (or Deadman's Questions for that matter) as totally canon with the Jojoverse.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Oh, definitely not. I'm just mad because this has been an ongoing personal saga: the saga of me saying 'hey, he got the stand from the arrow, right?' then 'nope, he had it before' and now 'yes of course he got it from the arrow god dangit it's right there!'

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Hirohiko Araki posted:

It's nothing to brag about, but I'm horrible at remembering things. I can barely remember what I did for fun as a kid, or what such-and-such TV show was about. The other day I saw Rie Miyazawa (a Japanese actress) but I completely forgot her name. When I asked someone what her name was, they laughed at me. (I should mention that I'm a huge Rie Miyazawa fan.) I'm really worried about my future.

I could stay depressed about my bad memory, but that's a negative way to live. Let's look on the bright side and list the advantages of having a bad memory.
(1) You can reread a book and see a movie over and over and enjoy it as much as the first time.
(2) If you make an inconvenient promise, you can pretend that you forgot about it and still be forgiven.
(3) This is the most important thing: you can keep coming up with ideas without being held back by convictions or the past.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the power of araki's stand, [JAIL HOUSE LOCK]

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kira barely even looks or acts like Kira in Dead Man's Questions. It's a bit disappointing in that sense, but it's pretty interesting overall.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Why is Araki so cool?

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

a cartoon duck posted:

the power of araki's stand, [JAIL HOUSE LOCK]

For all the things I love about Stone Ocean's descent into madness I think Jail House Lock is my favorite arc from that part.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The best Araki quote is

Hirohiko Araki posted:

That’s the reason why I always liked Kira. Although he may have had a bad childhood and become a serial killer, I always hope that he tries his best at being one.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
That one is definitely the best one, but my second favourite is

Hirohiko Araki posted:

"Once, My mother caught the cold and told me, "Go to the local clinic and bring some cold medicine back for me."
And so, I went. Once they called out my waiting number, the doctor ran out and said to me, "Come! Hirohiko-kin, take off your clothes, I'm going to give you a needle."
"What! The one with the cold isn't me!"
"You're lying."
At the time, I was really mad. However, now that I think about it, the whole experience itself seems funny in hindsight. In fact, I feel that this story is a precious experience for me to becoming a top notch manga artist."
The last sentence just makes it perfect.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Amaryllis posted:

The last sentence just makes it perfect.

I can imagine him ending every single childhood anecdote with the exact same sentence word-for-word.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The best Araki quote is

Is it ever firmly established if Kira got his Stand from the Arrow? It'd be pretty fitting if he was a natural Stand user from his desire to murder people really hard

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I thought he was a natural stand user from his desire to be able to destroy all evidence without any trace, so he can live a quiet life

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
He actually got it from the Arrow: http://bato.to/reader#03f9b6266a6d8a91_19

"The Arrow...It struck a second time...!?"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Kira's dad shot him with the arrow, probably because he caught his son returning all bloody from a night out on the town or something and wanted to give him a means of keeping his inclinations a secret.

The poisonous love Kira's father holds for his son is actually a pretty interesting facet of his character. Kind of a shame Araki didn't do more with it, but I can't really blame him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Atom Heart Father as a whole is just sort of hard to make interesting. It's just not that fun to look at.

I get that he probably had to make the stand hard to spot yet able to get around to make it so he could make the plot happen without being caught, I'm just not sure that stand was the best way to do so.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Atom Heart Father as a whole is just sort of hard to make interesting. It's just not that fun to look at.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I agree, Kira's dad is hilarious

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, that does own. It's a shame the crow doesn't get its own stand and appear for a scrap too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wish that Part 4 had been made today, so Atom Heart Father could have been called Photograph.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also, you're all wrong about the best Araki quote.

quote:

Heads up to all the young people out there. Stop climbing trees as soon as you read this. However, ignoring my friendly wisdom is even more dangerous. Policemen are already looking for you. Especially throughout the Tokyo city center. I know, I know, climbing trees is just too drat cool to give up. But, consider the following: The moment you relinquish your tree-climbing desires is the moment you avoid falling on your rear end and looking like a complete buffoon stuck in the hospital. Dislocating your pelvis, scraping your knees, or kicking the bucket can be just the beginning. Furthermore, your mental health comes in question the second your foot encounters bark. Now, a special message to any of you crazies reading this advice while hanging out on a tree branch, 'RETURN TO EARTH!' I understand you wish to defy gravity and the natural order of the entire planet, but climbing trees is the wrong way to do it. Hopefully, this message inspires every one of you to come to your senses and discover new found respect for your own well-being.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Also: when Araki encountered a ghost but was too tired to deal with it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Atom Heart Father makes it sound like his Stand should be something involving nukes or a Death Note. I wasn't expecting a photograph related skill.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, you're all wrong about the best Araki quote.

But this is missing the best part: the accompanying picture of Araki posing in a tree.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Every day I think about different parts of DiU that I'll get to see animated soon and I get excited all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Every day I think about different parts of DiU that I'll get to see animated soon and I get excited all over again.

I really can't wait to see how people react to it. Stardust was bonkers but it kinda kept itself...well gently caress I can't say 'realistic' but it established A reality and kinda stuck to it. The whole point with Dio's stand being so terrifying was it broke 'the rules' of the story.

This is the arc with stands becoming way more nebulous territory and confrontations that involve straight up crazy magic stands treated as the norm rather than something rare. Like, people thought Dio and the baby stuff were nuts, what are they gonna do when there's a loving bow and arrow set that was forged from a space rock that is basically what started part 3 off as well, and that's just the first big dramatic reveal of the series.

My personal pick for 'I wanna see this animated' is Pearl Jam the lovely little tomato monster that pushes your bad guts out and was awakened because a chef was SUPER INTO Italian cooking. Not really the craziest Diamond got, sure, but probably my favorite part just for how random it was and how it legitimately added some extra depth to the stand worldbuilding and history that the earlier parts of the story put in. I think it was the first(?) stand in there that wasn't a bow and arrow baby, just some dude super into his weird magic healing cooking and I thought that was neat.