Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Binary Badger posted:

none of this poo poo helps when im trying new ways to die in FTL
you should be trying new ways to die IRL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
hope my wife likes her christmas ipadde pro

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

cremnob posted:

http://daringfireball.net/2015/11/the_ipad_pro

The iPad Pro is without question faster than the new one-port MacBook or the latest MacBook Airs. I’ve looked at several of my favorite benchmarks — Geekbench 3, Mozilla’s Kraken, and Google’s Octane 2 — and the iPad Pro is a race car. It’s only a hair slower than my year-old 13-inch MacBook Pro in single-core measurements. Graphics-wise, testing with GFXBench, it blows my MacBook Pro away. A one-year-old maxed-out MacBook Pro, rivaled by an iPad in performance benchmarks. Just think about that. According to Geekbench’s online results, the iPad Pro is faster in single-core testing than Microsoft’s new Surface Pro 4 with a Core-i5 processor. The Core-i7 version of the Surface Pro 4 isn’t shipping until December — that model will almost certainly test faster than the iPad Pro. But that’s a $1599 machine with an Intel x86 CPU. The iPad Pro starts at $799 and runs an ARM CPU — Apple’s A9X. There is no more trade-off. You don’t have to choose between the performance of x86 and the battery life of ARM.

RIP intel

can i run xcode on the ipad yet?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Fabricated posted:

ban cremnob

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Fabricated posted:

ban cremnob

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Mulva posted:

Good. That movie was the worst adaptation since "I Robot".

i robot was good

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Michael F. Assbender

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

resident microsoft shill at the verge is mad that timb talked poo poo about the surface

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/664453036568219648

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

founder of WinRumors. lol

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Apple's SoC team deserves a massive raise they are doing some impressive work

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

can you imagine the kind of person who would visit Win Rumors Dot Com? me neither

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

As a Millennial I posted:

can you imagine the kind of person who would visit Win Rumors Dot Com? me neither

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

ok so what crazy thing did tim say this time?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Verge posted:

While the iPad Pro mixes together a tablet, keyboard, and stylus like Microsoft pioneered with its Surface lineup and tablet PCs, Cook isn't a fan of the latest Surface Book.

"It's a product that tries too hard to do too much," said Cook, during an appearance at an Irish college this morning. "It's trying to be a tablet and a notebook and it really succeeds at being neither. It's sort of deluded."

yeah really damning, jeez tim take it easy!!!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

slow down tim, that's a little too on the nose

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yep, that clinches it, he's already got a team working on creating an apple version, flexihinge and all

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Stymie posted:

yep, that clinches it, he's already got a team working on creating an apple version, flexihinge and all

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

they're mad because he's right. thing is a piece of poo poo.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ballmer insulting a first gen product before release is pretty different than Cook pointing out that a product that took a $1 billion write-off and is in it's ~6th iteration is bad

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

paul thurrott will be on live in a few minutes on windows weekly. can't wait to hear him rage

https://twit.tv/live

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
i can't wait to hear you scream impotently when you get banned

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

...cremnob was right?

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

nerds simply could not fathom that mighty intel would be felled by apple. can't wait to read the comments once anandtech does their post on the a9x

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

with the a10x apple will be crowned the king of chip design

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

intel's ~process advantage~ aint doing poo poo for them anymore

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

lol john fireball tried to fat-finger his macbook screen. the end is nigh

also eesh

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Last Chance posted:

slow down tim, that's a little too on the nose

What's crazy is that while he's right, it's still the best Windows portable machine.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

:drat:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sounds like a fantastic piece of hardware which if it ran osx or windows would be a++ best tablet and or product to buy

but running ios? its like having a v8 but in one of those dollar toy cars kids sit in that shake around at the mall

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

echinopsis posted:

sounds like a fantastic piece of hardware which if it ran osx or windows would be a++ best tablet and or product to buy

but running ios? its like having a v8 but in one of those dollar toy cars kids sit in that shake around at the mall

nuh uh intel is quaking in its boots right now apple is going to steamroll them

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

just when you thought the camera bump was the nadir of apple design

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Apple in talks to launch person-to-person Apple Pay mobile payments system in 2016

http://9to5mac.com/2015/11/11/apple-pay-person-to-person-payments/

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

cremnob posted:

Apple in talks to launch person-to-person Apple Pay mobile payments system in 2016

http://9to5mac.com/2015/11/11/apple-pay-person-to-person-payments/

nice did i not say a bunch of times i wanted this

however it's november 11 and still no apple pay in canada

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah, apple's going to steamroll intel by controlling a fraction of one market that intel is barely even in. this makes sense somehow?

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

what

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Endless Mike posted:

yeah, apple's going to steamroll intel by controlling a fraction of one market that intel is barely even in. this makes sense somehow?

the money isn't in desktops and hasn't been for almost a decade now. Intel has tried so many times to get into the smartphone market and they clearly aren't going to gain any ground with that tactic. If the company buying some of your highest margin consumer parts(Iris Pro i5/i7) suddenly stops needing them their bottom line is going to hurt.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

and intel dying is good because???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

intel's fat stacks are in the sever market

1st generation attempt at arm servers has been a flop, but if apple can make some crazy arm chips in the future, intel can finally die

• Locked thread