Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is James Joyce in this game sucking in girl farts with he mouth and blowin then out he nose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
hey my name is also Sean and I am a villain

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
anne frank clueless as usual

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i care about plot spoilers but at the same time i cant think of a major rpg i've played in ten years where the key elements of the plot weren't spoiled for me months in advance

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

I saw your brilliant post over on the Steam forums which was this exact same thing. LOL, just LOL if anyone actually gives a single poo poo about spoilers for the main story in a fuckin' Fallout game.

I wish it was me but it wasn't.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Link to that post?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

LegoPirateNinja posted:

anne frank clueless as usual

character build has lots of points in speech and charisma

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

etalian posted:

character build has lots of points in speech and charisma

Who needs points in "sneak"?!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think the worst part of Oblivion was how the unique weapons scaled to the level they were found at and didn't get any stronger as the player leveled. Skyrim kind of mitigated that with smithing but it was still there. The best weapon in Oblivion was a zero weight ebony longsword that was part of a questline because it had the stats of an ebony weapon while the randomized loot was still spitting out iron and steel.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Unguided posted:

I think the worst part of Oblivion was how the unique weapons scaled to the level they were found at and didn't get any stronger as the player leveled. Skyrim kind of mitigated that with smithing but it was still there. The best weapon in Oblivion was a zero weight ebony longsword that was part of a questline because it had the stats of an ebony weapon while the randomized loot was still spitting out iron and steel.

The worst part of Oblivion were the thousands of procedurally generated Oblivion gates that spawned all over the map that you'd run past every time because gently caress doing another one of those loving chores. Having everything scale to you was horrible, god help you if you didn't do Kvast or whatever that town was ASAP. Oh also the clicking for fast travel and magic compass for finding places was and is so loving bad. Half of Morrowind was looking around in the woods for some cave based off of a sketchy description some elf gave you in return for murdering her husband. When you found something you actually found it, and this combined with the really good lore and story was great. Oblivion was just "there's a demon guy, he's at the spot on your map that says where he is, go get him."

I think Oblivion was the biggest disappointment in games ever for me. Just really awful.

raton fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 11, 2015

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
At the end of the day I still liked Oblivion. Great atmosphere, good quests and guilds, just lots of fun. It was a good game despite several pitfalls like the level scaling or, god, the leveling system and some other things.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Demonachizer posted:

or nuke the commonwealth.

Thanks a lot, dickhead.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Doppelganger posted:

Thanks a lot, dickhead.

??????

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Did you really need to spoil the story?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Doppelganger posted:

Did you really need to spoil the story?

Everyone said that it doesn't matter. Now you seem to feel it does. I am really confused :confused:

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Demonachizer posted:

Everyone said that it doesn't matter. Now you seem to feel it does. I am really confused :confused:
So do you not realize that there are some people who don't like spoilers, or do you just not care? I don't get why you felt the need to post this thread in the first place.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
lol this guy unironically cares about a Bethesda story. It took 4 pages but we finally found someone who gives a hoot if they get spoiled about this.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
This better not be true. If it is, I hope someone farts on your pillow so you get pinkeye.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Doppelganger posted:

So do you not realize that there are some people who don't like spoilers, or do you just not care? I don't get why you felt the need to post this thread in the first place.

Jon Snow dies, Tywin shot on toilet, Rob Snow and Talia killed during the red wedding by the Freys

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Man finds out some humans managed to find a partial cure to the vampire virus and after getting captured realizes he has become a murderous terrifying boogy man for the survivors.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
goons do, in fact, ruin everything.

CruzerZERO
May 8, 2007

Oh man, what a bummer
drat... Time to play this game for its gameplay instead of the dumb, forgettable storyline. Thanks OP. :(

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Mozi posted:

remember that saying 'luke, it's me, your father'? i hope there is that dialogue option here, it would really make the game

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CruzerZERO posted:

drat... Time to play this game for its gameplay instead of the dumb, forgettable storyline. Thanks OP. :(

The real point of the game is shooting mutants in the nuts with a plasma rifle

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Some Oedipal poo poo right there

Seroxat
Jan 10, 2011

etalian posted:

Man finds out some humans managed to find a partial cure to the vampire virus and after getting captured realizes he has become a murderous terrifying boogy man for the survivors.

He was.... legend (rest in rip God bless)

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Doppelganger posted:

Are you the guy in your AV?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

At the end of the day I still liked Oblivion. Great atmosphere, good quests and guilds, just lots of fun. It was a good game despite several pitfalls like the level scaling or, god, the leveling system and some other things.

Eat a white dogshit idiot

Bad game

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Doppelganger posted:

Next level trollpost right here ladies and gents this is how you will do it in 2016

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sheep-Goats posted:

Eat a white dogshit idiot

I saw a sheep-goat the other day, horrible creatures.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

goddamn it op, i was so invested in the main storyline of fallout 4 until this thread.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
dont worry everyone, in 20 years I will drug the op and take him to a island and hunt him with a crossbow for this transgression.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

lol gently caress you too Bethesda. *fist bumps Todd Howard*

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
His name is father but he is your son.

*mindblown*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bluemillion posted:

lol gently caress you too Bethesda. *fist bumps Todd Howard*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxeulGetDlU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I have that sweater

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Lol someone on imgur was spoiling the ending and everyone was getting mad

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Toadvine posted:

I guess the nerds don't realize posting spoilers is only fun if it leads to nerd meltdowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Toadvine posted:

i saw that, it was hilarious

• Locked thread