Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

StringOfLetters posted:

I tried them and can't tell if one big swingy attack counts for one 1% chance or multiple 1% chances.

you have to unlock the augment at the forge first

that 1-3% will become some discrete number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns
obviously real difficulty devs intended is hard cuz it's in the middle

anything below is for babbies

anything above is for tryhard babbies

hth

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?

Azerban posted:

you have to unlock the augment at the forge first

that 1-3% will become some discrete number

No I got that part. I mean once it crystallizes (in this example, I assumed I would get a 1% chance) will one of the elf's big swirly blender charge attacks count as a single proc chance, or multiple hits? Like, she definitely hits a guy at least twice, because there are two swords involved.

StringOfLetters fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 11, 2015

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

^ I'm wondering this too since I have some % chance things and they will be very good if one swing can roll the % chance for every rat it hits but not so good if it can only trigger once per swing.

Mr E posted:

So should I buy this game or not, I'm confused

Ignore everything posted on the last page. It's a super fun game where you can chill out and shoot some chill rats with your buddies.

I've had a lot of fun public games so far too, maybe it gets worse on nightmare difficulty and up but on normal and hard difficulty there's some fine games to be had even if your friends aren't online.

Snatch Duster posted:

Lot of goons ITT mad about how people enjoy video games.

:ironicat:

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 11, 2015

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Snatch Duster posted:

bloo bloo i'm poo poo eating goon who enjoys playing games on baby tier and complaining about loot a bloo bloo

- Kitchner 2015

The people making fun of you and your stupid opinions on 'the one true difficulty' and how you cheat so you can play on it are not the people complaining about loot.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Skandranon posted:

The people making fun of you and your stupid opinions on 'the one true difficulty' and how you cheat so you can play on it are not the people complaining about loot.

I haven't done the research, so I'llc have to disagree with you.

P sure the goons are upset because of my Straight D communication style. I would wager that many of them are S/I or S/C styled, which makes sense.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Snatch Duster posted:

P sure the goons are upset because of my Straight D communication style. I would wager that many of them are S/I or S/C styled, which makes sense.

Ok, I'll finally bite. What the gently caress does this even mean?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Ok, I'll finally bite. What the gently caress does this even mean?

DiSC communication profile assessment.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Snatch Duster posted:

DiSC communication profile assessment.

Oh, pseudo-psychology like Meyers-Briggs.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
hairy nutsack

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the above post contributes mroe to this thread than the last page combined

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

(this includes my posts in that page)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Snatch Dusty is just giving you guys the "straight D" but you aren't appreciating it.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

I like hitting the rats with a hammer, but I also like hitting them with a shield. I can't do both at the same time, which is a major design flaw imo.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Snatch Duster posted:

Not really an argument imo. I am just stating an opinion. I've done that to help out babby goons learning the game and just to gently caress around.

Just a bunch of goons being jealous or mad that there are people who enjoy the game in a different way than them.

These goons are the kids making sand castles next to the Ocean, and the waves sometimes gently caress their castles up. I'm the dumb human being kid that suggest we move further ahead so we can actually make a castle without it getting ruin, but instead they refuse and throw sand cover dog poo poo instead. Goons love poo poo.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

I haven't done the research, so I'llc have to disagree with you.

Wait, you admit to not doing the research, so then disagree anyways because your ignorance is probably right? I take it your "Straight D" talk means you are a caricature of Stephen Colbert, but without the charming or funny parts.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tweet Me Balls posted:

I like hitting the rats with a hammer, but I also like hitting them with a shield. I can't do both at the same time, which is a major design flaw imo.

You can do it if you get a hammer and shield for bardin. It's more like hitting the rats with a hammer and then hitting them with a shield. But it's close.

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns
Playing hard Engines of War, 1 Grim, 3 Tomes, 2 mins or so to wait at the finale.

Host crashes.

Hey other two guys back at the inn. Let's discuss how this is exactly the kind of host migration we want.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Ignore everything posted on the last page. It's a super fun game where you can chill out and shoot some chill rats with your buddies.

I've had a lot of fun public games so far too, maybe it gets worse on nightmare difficulty and up but on normal and hard difficulty there's some fine games to be had even if your friends aren't online.

Cool, is the goon community sizable enough or should I try to talk my friends into getting into this game?

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Plllllllaydies :heysexy:

Honest Davion posted:

Hey other two guys back at the inn. Let's discuss how this is exactly the kind of host migration we want.

Host migration would be really nice, also they need a checkers board in the Inn.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Mr E posted:

Cool, is the goon community sizable enough or should I try to talk my friends into getting into this game?

Goon community is settling down from initial release surge. Depending how much you want to play, should be able to find a group with goons, though pubs aren't terrible (if you expectations are properly low enough).

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Skandranon posted:

Goon community is settling down from initial release surge. Depending how much you want to play, should be able to find a group with goons, though pubs aren't terrible (if you expectations are properly low enough).

Also fallout 4 has dwindled the numbers greatly for at least a week or so.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
It's a good game to play with mates though I reckon. The melee combat is really solid. Getting loot is fun but really the enjoyment in this game is hitting a rat in the head with a hammer and watching his body ragdoll into a wall. Or holding a chokepoint with a sword and shield until the rat swarm thins out enough that you can break through, laying waste to the rats around you.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

If you aren't having fun killing rats with white weapons, I doubt you'll have fun killing rats with orange ones.

This truth bomb somehow applies to way more of my life than vermintide

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
The devs didn't design any game mode to be the ONE TRUE GAMEMODE! In fact the only real reason there are difficulties is so your loot treadmill can go on. Why do you need to play Cataclysm? Why? What could possibly make cataclysm the pinnacle of your gaming experience? Because its the hardest game mode? It doesn't make sense. If you are arguing cataclysm is too hard to be played without dope loot than just play the equivalent difficulty for the loot you have and the relative difficulty should be the same.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Ok honestly, play as if items don't exist. If you don't like playing the game and don't like killing rats, don't do it for loving loot. If you do like killing rats, play the game and enjoy the "progression" as a side effect.

Or wait until first week of December and try then

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Ok, so does the patch seem to have broken more things than it fixed for anyone else? My framerate went down significantly, and the bot behavior has been spectacularly bad. Like, stand and watch you bleed out without fighting any rats in a finale bad.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Grondoth posted:

Ok, so does the patch seem to have broken more things than it fixed for anyone else? My framerate went down significantly, and the bot behavior has been spectacularly bad. Like, stand and watch you bleed out without fighting any rats in a finale bad.

Nope, been working a treat for me. Try verifying your cache?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Grondoth posted:

had this issue with white rat too. No audio for the bell queues etc either so i think it was a cache issue. I fixed it and it worked

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
Cool all of my green weapons have bloodlust.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Just to make sure this isn't confirmation bias on my part, fusing stuff does pull from the type of weapons put in an not just a random weapon right?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

AndroidHub posted:

Just to make sure this isn't confirmation bias on my part, fusing stuff does pull from the type of weapons put in an not just a random weapon right?

it's 20% to get any given weapon you put into it, so 5 of one thing = 100% of that thing, 4 of one thing and 1 of another = 80%/20%, etc

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Heh, looks like some of you guys just haven't experienced ratgame on the real difficulty for hardcore players. What does it feel like to realize this whole time you thought you were killing rats and having fun...when you were actually playing a hollow and watered-down game for lesser players?

:feelsgood:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Can't find people to play hard games that aren't the horn.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Grognan posted:

Can't find people to play hard games that aren't the horn.

drat, shame I'm wrapping up for the night, I'm all over hard games that aren't horn.

Although I did just get in a real nice hard library run on horn where it was as clean as that map gets. Used the kit on the one guy in the red right before we ran. Going all in and winning on that was great after a night of things going wrong in just the wrong way.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I have a hard time taking people seriously when they say they can't find anything but horn. I mean I just logged in and pressed L and this is what I get.

I mean yeah it's popular but to say you have trouble finding a game on any other map seems ridiculous.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.
Same thing for Cata, every game is Horn or Ramparts.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Wheat and Chaff is really fun now. A big running brawl where every now and then 4 stormvermin just show up and are like 'Hey man-things, sup?'

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Chomp8645 posted:

I have a hard time taking people seriously when they say they can't find anything but horn. I mean I just logged in and pressed L and this is what I get.

I mean yeah it's popular but to say you have trouble finding a game on any other map seems ridiculous.

Some people don't live in the united states :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Metos posted:

Some people don't live in the united states :ssh:

What, do players in other countries have some huge boner for Magnus that you don't find in US players?

• Locked thread