Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, “Naturally, I do not suggest that America start a war or send out engraved invitations to a Star Wars-type invasion from some galaxy far, far away. I just wish I could convince more thinking people of what I believe is true — that continued racial divisions within our society pose every bit as great a threat to our survival as a nation as any outside attack, be it from earthly or other-worldly enemies.” ~ Ben Carson

There goes the Newt endorsement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Ben Carson posted:

“I know Independence Day is science fiction, but the same heroic emotional reactions it portrayed were very much alive after Japan attacked Pearl Harbor in 1941. Recruiting stations across the nation experienced a virtual flood of people from all ethnic backgrounds ready to sign up for the protection of our country,” he added. “Crises that threaten an entire nation, or the entire world, may be horrible, but they force us to embrace a common vision. They remind all of us, who may have forgotten, exactly what it is that unites us. In times of crises even small minds get a clearer view of the Big Picture.”

Remember when men of all colors and creeds came together to drag americans of Japanese ancestry out of their homes and put them into camps?
Uncle Ben remembers fondly.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Do It Once Right posted:

Remember when men of all colors and creeds came together to drag americans of Japanese ancestry out of their homes and put them into camps?
Uncle Ben remembers fondly.

Ben is big in Japan, all right?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The longer Rand's campaign manager talks, the louder the baby cries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnrIe2IwsMM

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Hillary Clittin'

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Joementum posted:

Same.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

Of course Rand's campaign manager resembles an If They Mated of The Nostalgia Critic and Andrew Dobson.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The blinking, eyebrow movements, and twitchy head shakes all make me think Rand Paul is leaning over the seat in front of him with a gun.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

Hmm, I think these two things might be related.

WTF is that media curve even measuring? What is the quantitative unit of measurement? Percent of total time?

We need an entire thread for charts like this, both real and goon made. It could be the breakout thread of Election Erection.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jewel Repetition posted:

The blinking, eyebrow movements, and twitchy head shakes all make me think Rand Paul is leaning over the seat in front of him with a gun.

that bg noise of the jet engine is a nice touch to the ambiance and makes it feel more real and not manufactured, so candid

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Spacebump posted:

"We have to make sure our readers know she is a Republican and we can't draw her with a tie"
"Give her red earrings"

On that point, Trump and Rand are the only one with pure red. Everyone else is streaked with white.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Chokes McGee posted:

WTF is that media curve even measuring? What is the quantitative unit of measurement? Percent of total time?

My guess is that it's measuring trump's percent of the total coverage given to him, christie, fiorana, carson, bush, kasich, rubio, huckabee, paul, santorum, and cruz.
I could be mistaken, though.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Milk Malk posted:

Some really interesting ideas in this one. Subbed for more thoughtful takes on played out arguments. Especially fond of the Hitler Did Nothing Wrong / Mountain Dew matchup. Do you do graphic design work on commission?

He's like a bald Christian Slater.

EDIT: Haha, he even tells a story the same way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNNcp-Fe6iI

EDIT 2:

Deep Hurting posted:

The problem with the drawing of Cruz is insufficient emphasis on the shape of his nose. He's got a very weird, beaky nose. Still, it's reasonably recognizable, and captures his general, overall smugness.

The problem with drawing Cruz is that I think he's Clayface. I mean, compare the faces in these pictures. They all look like different molds melting.

And just because I feel like inflicting it upon the thread

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 12, 2015

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

William Bear posted:

Thanks for the colorful illustration in your debate coverage, Washington Post, but you just wound up making the primary look like the most boring comic book ever.

anime fiorina is much more pleasing to look at than real fiorina

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

Partido ReTrumplicano, great pun there

I like that the spanish one is much sassier

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

It's not nice to call Rand Paul a baby.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

babypolis posted:

anime fiorina is much more pleasing to look at than real fiorina

Yeah, but what isn't.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Republican Presidential Candidates: Hillary's best advertisers

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Louisgod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9FlG2TXsQc

lmao.. genocide, probably not a gray area.

Lol I think I've been laughing at a legit disabled person.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Chip Englander

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

katlington posted:

You lack the intelligence to appreciate the depth of thought and philosophical insight of a Slavic superman.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

katlington posted:

his writing skills are too good hes just a crazy dude

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
If that's the way I spoke I would be a really good writer too.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

A Neurotic Jew posted:

If that's the way I spoke I would be a really good writer too.

Schizophrenia and good writing share a lot of similar skill sets.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Would you let gay baby Hitler into the women's bathroom to wish Merry Christmas to Syrian refugees?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Chokes McGee posted:

We need an entire thread for charts like this, both real and goon made. It could be the breakout thread of Election Erection.

We already have one. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745614

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Internet Webguy posted:

Would you let gay baby Hitler into the women's bathroom to wish Merry Christmas to Syrian refugees?

Not if he intends to do it in German.

This is America like it or leave it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

reignofevil posted:

Not if he intends to do it in German.

This is America like it or leave it.
Counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdpicC_6y4s

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

:ughh: How is this happening?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Liberty makes attendance at such events mandatory (see the full houses for Cruz and Sanders).

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

William Bear posted:

Thanks for the colorful illustration in your debate coverage, Washington Post, but you just wound up making the primary look like the most boring comic book ever.

Jeb! looks like Steve Forbes and Fiorina looks like someone who has working facial muscles

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Joementum posted:

Why are the comments disabled?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Note: it's not sexist for me to disparage Fiorina's looks because I disparage Ted Cruz's much more often.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

Note: it's not sexist for me to disparage Fiorina's looks because I disparage Ted Cruz's much more often.

i wouldnt say anything about her looks if her soul wasnt as ugly as she is

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is there video of his full speech?

Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcShIOgdvlo

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Naet posted:

ThinkProgress has a rebuttal to Rubio's "welders, not philosophers" argument in which they claim the average annual salary for people with a B.A. in Philosophy is $97,000.

As dumb as Rubs is, that number can't possibly be correct without a deluge of caveats, right?

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/11/10/3721387/why-marco-rubio-owes-philosophy-majors-an-apology/

Yeah, well, I'm sure welding pays half a million an hour due to communist unions.

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Okay so I used to totally scoff at republicans when they would suggest "MAKE THIS LAW 3 PAGES OR NO ONE WILL READ IT. NOTHING CAN BE READ IF ITW MOR THAN 5 pages MY WMTITEE TAX PLAN IS FIVE-FIVE-FIVE 5 inch pizza with 5 toppings for 5 dollars"

I seriously thought this was an "I don't like to read" argument appealing to the illiterate masses but last night's debate made me think of it differently

They argued that an overly complex tax code hurts small businesses because large corporations can afford teams of lawyers to get by it while small businesses just have to accept it.

This is actually a good argument but if they really wanted to help small businesses and tax large corporate tax cheaters wouldn't it be easier to just write bills that specifically target large mega corporations? Like have higher taxes or higher minimum wage for companies with thousands of employees and hundreds of millions of profit, while leaving low taxes and lower minimum wage for small businesses?

I imagine you could collapse all federal income taxes into fewer brackets and taxes with a generous standard deduction.

Minimum wage should be set to a commodity bundle worth $20,000 in 2015, and the standard deduction should be set to minimum wage. Perhaps Social Security should be set to minimum wage too, only increasing with disability. People making minimum wage or less now have no federally taxable income, and minimum wage will increase and decrease with the price of that commodity bundle. Get rid of most tax deductions, excluding mortgage interest for a primary residence, retirement contributions, disability, and state income tax.

With the standard deduction increased and most other deductions eliminated, taxes can be decreased and simplified. Bracket income taxes up to 30%, reached at ten times minimum wage. Tax long-term capital gains and dividends at half rate unless they compose more than a quarter of income. Have the estate tax remain a flat 35%, but reduce the exemption to two hundred times minimum wage, excluding primary residences if no secondary residences exist.

You'll still need the legal gobbledygook to establish precedence, but the goal shouldn't be to make the legal document simple. The goal should be making calculations and audits easy.

And corporations shouldn't be taxed, but an expatriation tax should be implemented for everyone, including domestic and alien corporations.

Only then will Obama bring jobs back to America.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

Hmm, I think these two things might be related.

That data must feel incredible because it just receieved the massage of a lifetime.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

babypolis posted:

I like that the spanish one is much sassier

It's because there's like three people in the entire country (or possibly the world) who would both understand it and be offended by it.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I never would have imagined Smoothrich to be so reliant on vocal fry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
People with good credit scores should be able to defer and file taxes less frequently.

• Locked thread