Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Holy moly I love the art style for that game.

And my excitement for fallout4 turned out to be accurate!

This year has brought me super mario maker and fallout4. I am absolutely happy with these turns of events and would like to thank video gaming for allowing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

There's nothing i'm really looking forward to coming out this year :(:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Persona 5 is going to be frankly full of win and Street Fighter 5 may turn out to be incredibly good (it's going to be either that or terrible), but if you don't care about Japanese stuff I guess those don't count

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Golden Goat posted:

There's nothing i'm really looking forward to coming out this year :(:

I hope 2016 brings you much excitement friend

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
this year brought me a playable carmageddon reincarnation :woot:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I hope 2016 brings you much excitement friend
It's the year I'll have to buy a Playstation 4 for.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Golden Goat posted:

It's the year I'll have to buy a Playstation 4 for.
Hell if I get a raise, I might even get a Bone.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2pdVmk0B48

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ohhhh, can you derez the car mid jump and then load it back again?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I don't see why not.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWnXQL3B4KY

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Love Stole the Day posted:

what in the gently caress are you on about here? because that was the only game i had in my n64 collection when i was a kid that required you to not use the analog stick.

But it required the use of the A and B buttons plus all of the camera buttons. It's a setup that basically requires a six face button setup which nothing has and unlike most N64 games where putting the camera buttons on the second analog works well enough, in MM it works really badly.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

By the way, if Sega keeps doing 3D Classics for the 3DS, Virtua Racing might be next.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

axleblaze posted:

But it required the use of the A and B buttons plus all of the camera buttons. It's a setup that basically requires a six face button setup which nothing has and unlike most N64 games where putting the camera buttons on the second analog works well enough, in MM it works really badly.

You could get away with double tapping the d-pad directions. It actually gives you a better boost than the c buttons, but doing it literally all the time instead of only when required is loving murder on your left hand.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

note to any potential mischief makers port team: just put a and b on the r1/l1 triggers and keep the face buttons as your camera if you're worried about it.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Nasgate posted:

Yeah, the vault tec guy skeeved me out with his teeth. It added to the Oracle lady though.

I really like the lack of skills and the crafting. Overall it makes it feel more survival ish. Use whatever gun works best, you need tape and glue. And the combat is the right balance of difficult, but you can play dress-up instead of max armor.

Rip me though, someone called in to work.

so basically they removed all the RPG depth and replaced it with loving crafting?

:barf:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Real hurthling! posted:

note to any potential mischief makers port team: just put a and b on the r1/l1 triggers and keep the face buttons as your camera if you're worried about it.

Grabbing/throwing I can deal with but who in their right mind would want to play a platformer where you jump with a shoulder button? :confused:

a better alternative would be to put c-left and c-right on L1/R1 respectively. i tried it once using a ps2 controller and an emulator but it still didn't feel right. it felt super awkward actually, but i have pretty strong mischief makers muscle memory.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

Grabbing/throwing I can deal with but who in their right mind would want to play a platformer where you jump with a shoulder button? :confused:

a better alternative would be to put c-left and c-right on L1/R1 respectively. i tried it once using a ps2 controller and an emulator but it still didn't feel right. it felt super awkward actually, but i have pretty strong mischief makers muscle memory.

I would, that's how it controlled in Ape Escape and it only took a little bit to get used to.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

so basically they removed all the RPG depth and replaced it with loving crafting?

No, they replaced stupid numbers with perks so every level you can do something you couldn't before. Meaning every persons character is probably different in more ways. Which sounds like more depth to me.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Mischief Makers is one of my favorite 2D platformers even if I cannot loving for the life of me speedrun the Magma Rafts fast enough.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

icantfindaname posted:

Yes, because focus groups love crafting due to their low intelligence.
I'll never understand how grinding materials somehow made it across from MMORPGS as a gameplay feature, when everyone but the dumbest people realize it's a pointless time sink.

:suicide:

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Sweet! It's like an improved Nitronic Rush. Definitely going on my wish list

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Oh my god it's the Testarossa. :allears:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Ilustforponydeath posted:

I'll never understand how grinding materials somehow made it across from

I'll stop you there because the answer is "Minecraft is crazy popular for whatever reason" and FO4's system is like a really janky version of Minecraft more than some MMO thing and it goes hand in hand with the kleptomania that people seem to have when playing these games.

It's all just a slightly more-involved version of the crafting from NV which is fine and not something to get grognardy about.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 11, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i just beat bayonetta. very fun game. the camera and targeting kind of suck a lot though never felt comfortable. platinum made it so much better in revengence good on them

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

i just beat bayonetta. very fun game. the camera and targeting kind of suck a lot though never felt comfortable. platinum made it so much better in revengence good on them

Is it opposite day today, the camera in Revengeance was bad and way worse than Bayonetta

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

bloodychill posted:

I'll stop you there because the answer is "Minecraft is crazy popular for whatever reason" and FO4's system is like a really janky version of Minecraft more than some MMO thing and it goes hand in hand with the kleptomania that people seem to have when playing these games.

It's all just a slightly more-involved version of the crafting from NV which is fine and not something to get grognardy about.

i always wanted to do crafting in NV but the interface is such a massive pain

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I haven't had a camera issue with a platinum game since Godhand and that's only because I have poor reflexes when enemies are slightly offscreen and transparent.

I think growing up with n64 platformers desensitized me to bad cameras.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

icantfindaname posted:

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Yes, because focus groups love crafting due to their low intelligence.
I'll never understand how grinding materials somehow made it across from MMORPGS as a gameplay feature, when everyone but the dumbest people realize it's a pointless time sink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

how the gently caress do you frame "they took all the pointless crafting and worthless junk in the previous games and made it less pointless and more fun" as a problem with the game?

Baku fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 11, 2015

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

StashAugustine posted:

i always wanted to do crafting in NV but the interface is such a massive pain

It's not ideal by any standard.

edit: whoops, thought you were talking about building

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 11, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Is it opposite day today, the camera in Revengeance was bad and way worse than Bayonetta

yeah? thats weird. felt like i had to keep adjusting it to stay on the action/give me a good view

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I can't think of any point I had trouble targeting things in Bayonetta (not that you even need to target specific things that much). I also don't really recall having problems with the camera, though I seem to be pretty tolerant of bad cameras (I've been playing Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 lately and really I don't think any modern game you can name would even begin to approach those in terms of bad camera).

program666
Aug 22, 2013

the camera in revegence is really bad but it's mostly because of the flying enemies

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Zombies' Downfall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

how the gently caress do you frame "they took all the pointless crafting and worthless junk in the previous games and made it less pointless and more fun" as a problem with the game?

you're responding to two posts that were talking about something that was addressed a few posts before, and since they didn't took those posts into consideration while responding their are either not really reading the thread or just flat out trolling.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

I am enjoying the new Tomb Raider

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Q-sixtysix posted:

I am enjoying the new Tomb Raider

i wish Gamestop would let you rent an XBONE like blockbuster used to let you rent consoles because drat do i wanna play dat but not sure i'd be able to beat it in the 7 days i would have to hit the return window on a used BONER

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

i wish Gamestop would let you rent an XBONE like blockbuster used to let you rent consoles because drat do i wanna play dat but not sure i'd be able to beat it in the 7 days i would have to hit the return window on a used BONER

the 360 version runs just as well as the xbone one with all the content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
After taking a month off I'm back on my trek through the MGSes with Snake Eater. Do the radars' batteries recharge on my own or should I pretty much never use them? I'm terrible at resource management and it was bad enough when it was just ammo and rations!

• Locked thread