Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I have an interview for a position that was listed as 14/15. I'm qualified for 15 based on private sector experience, and on the application questionnaire I meet all the requirements for 15. But I checked 14 as the lowest grade I would consider.

Prior to the interview, I got the notification that I was rated 100 for 14 and 15. After scheduling the interview, I received a second notification letter that I am qualified at Grade 15 and being referred to the hiring official (this one said nothing about 14 at all).

Obviously I will be asking to be hired at 15 and as high a step in-grade as possible to match current salary, though a good chunk of income is a bonus based on productivity so not part of base pay. I assume they will not consider "bonuses" when looking at matching, even though it's very common in the industry (lawyer).

I presume since they have deemed me qualified, if they have the budget for it they would hire me at 15. But I'm so used to the private sector mentality of "let's pay them the absolute minimum possible."

Has anyone dealt with this type of situation, a position at two possible grades? If they list it at both, are they funded for both or looking to get someone cheap? Are they willing to pay what they ordinarily pay at a certain level of experience? "It depends"?

It depends from what I have seen, like I applied to a 9-12 a bit ago, qualified at 12 from work exp etc. Everything I got said 12 but when it came to the job offer they were only hiring at 9. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Federal pay sucks rear end right now and since the pay freeze of 2010 we have gotten two 1% raises. When you think about the cumulative effect of what 5 years of even 2% COLA increases would be I'd say we are at least 10-15% under where we would be in a normal budget situation.There are advantages when it comes to pay per hour worked but at least at my agency overtime is not available other than in special circumstances so don't count on it.

I also agree that there are some jobs where the pay scale makes no sense considering the requirements. For instance, a PHD in accounting, or an LLM would get you in at a grade 11 where I work (except not since we haven't hired in 5 years). I'm sure engineers generally have a really good market for their services so this may be even more exaggerated in other fields.

Retirement benefits are good in that the federal government is one of the only places to still have a defined benefit pension plan. The system has changed considerably from what it once was in that you aren't going to see very many large pensions from anyone hired in the last 20 years or so. The current calculation is 1% of your high 3 years average salary times years of service. So, if you work for 30 years exactly and retire with a high 3 of $100K you would make $30,000 before taxes per year for life, plus social security and whatever you have in your TSP (401K but with low fees and more limited investment options) account. The 1811 special agent job classification, and a few others, have 20-year retirement periods with a 1.7% factor (but also have mandatory retirement ages). One good thing about working for the government is that you can basically work there until you die, which you may need to do considering the salaries.

AntennaGeek
May 30, 2011

rockamiclikeavandal posted:

This is the 5/15 I was looking at.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/420075300

Just seems crazy you can swing ay that much in 5 years.

That's a recurring cattle-call posting for 0801-series engineers --- there is no ladder to 15.
( My office occasionally goes to the well of resumes generated by that cattle call posting. )

We used to be able to get promoted to -13 via 'accretion of duties', but now the AF is shifting to rank-in-position, not person. The only way for me to get a promotion in my current office is for someone to die or retire, unless the Billet Fairy turns one of the empty developmental billets (9->12 ladder) into a 'structured 13' position.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I have an interview for a position that was listed as 14/15. I'm qualified for 15 based on private sector experience, and on the application questionnaire I meet all the requirements for 15. But I checked 14 as the lowest grade I would consider.

Prior to the interview, I got the notification that I was rated 100 for 14 and 15. After scheduling the interview, I received a second notification letter that I am qualified at Grade 15 and being referred to the hiring official (this one said nothing about 14 at all).

Obviously I will be asking to be hired at 15 and as high a step in-grade as possible to match current salary, though a good chunk of income is a bonus based on productivity so not part of base pay. I assume they will not consider "bonuses" when looking at matching, even though it's very common in the industry (lawyer).

I presume since they have deemed me qualified, if they have the budget for it they would hire me at 15. But I'm so used to the private sector mentality of "let's pay them the absolute minimum possible."

Has anyone dealt with this type of situation, a position at two possible grades? If they list it at both, are they funded for both or looking to get someone cheap? Are they willing to pay what they ordinarily pay at a certain level of experience? "It depends"?

I've been on this situation from the hiring end. We've put out 14/15 vacancies because we're willing to consider less experienced attorneys, but we will hire someone at a 15 if they have enough years of work experience. Our practice is certainly to do as much as we can do for the person we're hiring, in terms of bringing them in at the highest step/grade that makes sense for their experience. We've had people come from the private sector who maybe weren't clear on the difference between 14 and 15, and we've hired them as 15s even though they said they'd accept a 14 or a 15. I would hope that wherever you're interview does that for you.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
A few weeks ago I applied to a 12/13 6 month roster selection announcement. I think this is the 3rd time I've applied to the same one and have never gotten an update past 'application received'. It closed on 10/19, and last week my status went from reviewed to referred within 2 days. This has to be some kind of record for fastest time from applied to referred ever. Fingers crossed I get it, just got my 12 in September so it would be nice to know the 13 is guaranteed in 10 months.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

McCoy Pauley posted:

I've been on this situation from the hiring end. We've put out 14/15 vacancies because we're willing to consider less experienced attorneys, but we will hire someone at a 15 if they have enough years of work experience. Our practice is certainly to do as much as we can do for the person we're hiring, in terms of bringing them in at the highest step/grade that makes sense for their experience. We've had people come from the private sector who maybe weren't clear on the difference between 14 and 15, and we've hired them as 15s even though they said they'd accept a 14 or a 15. I would hope that wherever you're interview does that for you.

Good to know, and thanks.

Out of curiosity, if someone is technically qualified for 15, but getting hired at step one would be a raise from their current salary, would you still look at it the same way? I've always assumed the government was more concerned about pay equity as opposed to getting talent as cheaply as possible, which in the zero-sum firm framework is the name of the game.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Good to know, and thanks.

Out of curiosity, if someone is technically qualified for 15, but getting hired at step one would be a raise from their current salary, would you still look at it the same way? I've always assumed the government was more concerned about pay equity as opposed to getting talent as cheaply as possible, which in the zero-sum firm framework is the name of the game.

I would definitely look at it the same way, and try to slot the person into the best grade/step that I could based on their experience (rather than putting someone at a lower level because they were making less at their old job). In fact, I've had this experience in hiring attorneys who were in state government -- so obviously they would be making quite a bit less at their state jobs than a candidate coming out a firm who had been working the same number of years. In those cases, certainly the position I and my legal office would take is that we put the person at the grade/step that makes sense based on how long they've been out of law school. We would not, for those former state government lawyers, try to bring them in as 14s just because even a GS-14 salary was more than their state salary. I guess mileage may vary depending on agency, but in any event, it's definitely not the same framework from firm world -- at least not at my current agency (and not compared to my old firm).

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Phil Moscowitz posted:

To agree with Dislike Button, out of pure desperation when my wife was like "remember how you said you would be finished with your dissertation and have a job by 2012 and it is 2013?" and I was all CHECK ALL THE GRADE LEVELS ON ALL THE JOBS and even though I said I was willing to take a 7 they hired me at a 9. We will not get into the fact that I qualified to start at an 11 (to be fair that was not possible with the posting).

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
So I just got my first perm position for the Forest Service in Cali (2/2 in interviews woooo). Anyone know anything about the culture of region 5 FS and what I should do as a first time perm federal employee?

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

sparkmaster posted:

So I just got my first perm position for the Forest Service in Cali (2/2 in interviews woooo). Anyone know anything about the culture of region 5 FS and what I should do as a first time perm federal employee?

TSP TSP TSP

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo posted:

I need to get back on the inside something fierce, but I don't qualify for any of the reinstatement stuff. Right now I'm contracting at a GS-12 equivalent, but I think OPM is just shitcanning most of my applications before I even get to the BQ list because they are under-rating my experience. Is there a good way to find out exactly which checkboxes I'm failing to hit on an application so I can rejigger my resume to at least hit the BQ list (when the things aren't monopolized by Vets, a thing that happens in my office a lot)?

Dragging this back from the last page since I'm getting desperate as a real nice position I'm perfectly qualified closes tomorrow and I really don't want to end up getting left off again because they aren't counting my contracting position as the proper GS equivalent.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

sparkmaster posted:

Some general first day advice:
Have a bank acount number and routing number ready for direct deposit.
Have information prepared for any student loans you have outstanding, in case your agency is offering repayment for years of service. That's usually a great deal.
Look up your options for retirement (tsp.gov), health insurance (https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/), dental vision and long term care insurance (benefeds.com). That way you can fill out the paperwork on entry rather than being clueless and overwhelmed.
Look up your local AFGE union and be informed about whether you choose to join or not.
Be prepared to fill out large amounts of paperwork.
Be prepared to do a lot of waiting.

Kolodny
Jul 10, 2010

sparkmaster posted:

Don't pass on FEGLI (the life insurance policy) - there's an open season next year, but those are few and far between, and it's a very good deal if you have extenuating circumstances that make other life policies unattractive.

Kolodny fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 27, 2017

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Leviathan Song posted:

Some general first day advice:
Have a bank acount number and routing number ready for direct deposit.
Have information prepared for any student loans you have outstanding, in case your agency is offering repayment for years of service. That's usually a great deal.
Look up your options for retirement (tsp.gov), health insurance (https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/), dental vision and long term care insurance (benefeds.com). That way you can fill out the paperwork on entry rather than being clueless and overwhelmed.
Look up your local AFGE union and be informed about whether you choose to join or not.
Be prepared to fill out large amounts of paperwork.
Be prepared to do a lot of waiting.

Is that the norm to fill out all that stuff on your first day? When I got hired they just emailed me all the stuff like 2 weeks before my start date and had me bring it in filled out.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Rakeris posted:

Is that the norm to fill out all that stuff on your first day? When I got hired they just emailed me all the stuff like 2 weeks before my start date and had me bring it in filled out.

I hired on with a group of about 250 people. The vast majority did not fill out the paperwork in advance.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Rakeris posted:

It is in the DOD. Your agency may vary.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

So, I applied for a 9/13 opening with the treasury back in September. After the close date, I went from reviewed to referred to SME pretty quickly, but haven't had any updates since then (a bit more than a month). Is this typical? I know feds take forever to do everything, but figured I'd ask.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

xsf421 posted:

I know feds take forever to do everything

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Does it really say "referred to SME"? I've never seen that status before only "referred to selecting official" so not sure if it's different. Just watch your email and sit tight would be my advice. As a side note, the last time I applied to a higher graded position via USA Jobs I was contacted by the hiring manager via my agency email instead of the USA Jobs one which I thought was interesting.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Dislike button posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Does it really say "referred to SME"? I've never seen that status before only "referred to selecting official" so not sure if it's different. Just watch your email and sit tight would be my advice. As a side note, the last time I applied to a higher graded position via USA Jobs I was contacted by the hiring manager via my agency email instead of the USA Jobs one which I thought was interesting.

The exact phrasing is "Sent to subject matter expert for review." I'm not actually a federal employee right now (recently separated veteran), so the only way they have to get in touch with me is USA Jobs or phone. Guess I'll just keep waiting. It's just weird to me that I've gotten rejection notices from openings that closed out multiple weeks after this one.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

xsf421 posted:

The exact phrasing is "Sent to subject matter expert for review." I'm not actually a federal employee right now (recently separated veteran), so the only way they have to get in touch with me is USA Jobs or phone. Guess I'll just keep waiting. It's just weird to me that I've gotten rejection notices from openings that closed out multiple weeks after this one.

You probably got bumped somewhere earlier in the process

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I'm in a Public Trust position. There is a very real chance I am going to get divorced and have to file bankruptcy. Am I just boned when my next security check rolls around in 4 years?

Must Love Dogs
May 6, 2005

and the sky is filled with light can you see it?

Beerdeer posted:

I'm in a Public Trust position. There is a very real chance I am going to get divorced and have to file bankruptcy. Am I just boned when my next security check rolls around in 4 years?

Depends on your position and what level of scrutiny you have to deal with. The divorce itself isn't the issue but the credit could be. I've got PMs on if you want to discuss this privately.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Must Love Dogs posted:

Depends on your position and what level of scrutiny you have to deal with. The divorce itself isn't the issue but the credit could be. I've got PMs on if you want to discuss this privately.

No PMs here but thanks. At least it's only a could be instead of an is.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Beerdeer posted:

No PMs here but thanks. At least it's only a could be instead of an is.

If it's any help, I know someone with TS/SCI who's gone through a divorce and two stints in rehab (alcohol), and still has his clearance. Apparently they're willing to forgive a lot as long as you don't try to hide anything.

dalliance
Oct 9, 2012
Hi everyone,

So I'm a second year Masters candidate, soon to graduate in June 2016 with an MA in International Security. Desperately, desperately looking for an analyst position in the federal government. State Dept is my dream. At this point, I've applied to over 200 postings on USAJobs, with State and FEMA getting back to me 7 months after I applied with really no information about my application status. I'm still listed as referred for both of them but there's been no contact since March and May when I applied to these positions.

I'm currently a Pathways Intern at a DOJ office in Denver and they want me to stay on after graduation...only problem is they're only willing to pay me GS-4.

With a Masters at every other federal job I've looked at (DIA, DHS, FBI, etc.), I'd start at a GS-9, so I'm really really wary about staying on as a GS-4. I'm already getting paid way below my educational level because I'm an intern.

I'm potentially interning at State Dept this spring and I've already been cleared for it, but I've heard that usually doesn't lead to a permanent job. If I take the internship in DC, I'd have to quit this paid one and lose my chance of getting a job at DOJ.

So my question is, should I suck it up and stay on for 3 years at crap pay to get competitive status or just keep trying until graduation to get a job with another agency hoping for a GS-9? Also, just a note, my supervisor saw me on USAJobs at my internship once and almost started crying because she thought I wanted to leave (guilt-tripping galore)...and I haven't had the nerve to bring up how I feel about staying on permanently yet, given the situation and her reaction.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

dalliance posted:

Hi everyone,

So I'm a second year Masters candidate, soon to graduate in June 2016 with an MA in International Security. Desperately, desperately looking for an analyst position in the federal government. State Dept is my dream. At this point, I've applied to over 200 postings on USAJobs, with State and FEMA getting back to me 7 months after I applied with really no information about my application status. I'm still listed as referred for both of them but there's been no contact since March and May when I applied to these positions.

I'm currently a Pathways Intern at a DOJ office in Denver and they want me to stay on after graduation...only problem is they're only willing to pay me GS-4.

With a Masters at every other federal job I've looked at (DIA, DHS, FBI, etc.), I'd start at a GS-9, so I'm really really wary about staying on as a GS-4. I'm already getting paid way below my educational level because I'm an intern.

I'm potentially interning at State Dept this spring and I've already been cleared for it, but I've heard that usually doesn't lead to a permanent job. If I take the internship in DC, I'd have to quit this paid one and lose my chance of getting a job at DOJ.

So my question is, should I suck it up and stay on for 3 years at crap pay to get competitive status or just keep trying until graduation to get a job with another agency hoping for a GS-9? Also, just a note, my supervisor saw me on USAJobs at my internship once and almost started crying because she thought I wanted to leave (guilt-tripping galore)...and I haven't had the nerve to bring up how I feel about staying on permanently yet, given the situation and her reaction.

Just as a side note - check your Pathways manual for information on promotions. Our Pathways interns are eligible for promotion up to GS-9.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
There's really no reason at all not to keep putting out all the applications you can. Your supervisor is just someone you work with, if you leaving makes her sad that's unfortunate, but not important in your overall life.
With a master's gs-4 is criminally low. I started in the government at 5 with no degree and no experience.

Also, worth pointing out that this isn't your one and only chance to get into government work, it's competitive, but agencies hire from outside constantly.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Hopefully after the appropriation budgets are worked out and passed by December 11 there should be more certainty as to hiring government wide. I think many agencies are waiting to see what their final numbers are.

dalliance
Oct 9, 2012
We're not eligible for Pathways promotions and the pay scale for federal paralegals here starts at a GS-4. And thank you, the bit about the appropriations makes sense. Hoping more avenues open up. I'm completely open to moving to DC to get a job after graduating but I have no idea where to begin networking.

Happydayz
Jan 6, 2001

dalliance posted:

Hi everyone,

PMF if it is not too late. One of the best ways into good government jobs is through that program.

dalliance
Oct 9, 2012
Yup I've applied! We hear about semi finalists soon this week I believe. Do you think having a Pathways internship will help my PMF prospects?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Is there something special you do to get into a Pathways internship? I've applied for some and been clearly qualified but not even have my application make it to a HR person. It dies in USAjobs

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
This is a cool job to have if you like eggs and/or chickens. It shows as a GS5/7 position but goes to GS8. Apply to the Hudson/Platteville CO positions specifically if possible, but I could answer questions about the job in any location through PM's

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/416545700

dalliance
Oct 9, 2012
I got mine out of sheer dumb luck after getting my Bachelors / the summer before starting my MA. Three interviews, and I was fourth on the list. Miraculously, the people before me on the list (all veterans) had to drop out for personal reasons, so I got the job.

I've applied to over 25 more Pathways postings and got rejected from all of them due to vet preference :/

Update: PMF Semifinalist list is up and I didn't make the cut. So there's that.Nearly 3/4ths of applicants are from Beltway schools...feeling more than slightly disadvantaged out here in CO for that. The Beltway schools already have a leg up on DC jobs and internships, not surprised their influence extends to fellowships as well. Isn't the goal of fellowships like this to get candidates that represent the breadth of the US?

dalliance fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 19, 2015

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

dalliance posted:

Update: PMF Semifinalist list is up and I didn't make the cut. So there's that.Nearly 3/4ths of applicants are from Beltway schools...feeling more than slightly disadvantaged out here in CO for that. The Beltway schools already have a leg up on DC jobs and internships, not surprised their influence extends to fellowships as well. Isn't the goal of fellowships like this to get candidates that represent the breadth of the US?
I honestly assumed the Presidential Management Fellowship program was just intended to divert promising young studious individuals from potentially fatal careers in the private sector. But if it was originally intended to promote some sort of non-elitist diversity then yeah, it probably did not succeed, given the schools of the finalists I remember from my own rejection year.

Also like, am I wrong or would it always be the best idea to keep the GS-scale job just for the sake of being able to be vested after 3 years and/or internal applications always being (ostensibly) at least a bit easier?

I always wondered about this same issue when I took a GS-9 job even though I qualified for GS-11, but...an actual job is still an actual job. Transferring is supposed to be the easy part. Supposed to be.

dalliance
Oct 9, 2012

Quarex posted:

Also like, am I wrong or would it always be the best idea to keep the GS-scale job just for the sake of being able to be vested after 3 years and/or internal applications always being (ostensibly) at least a bit easier?

I always wondered about this same issue when I took a GS-9 job even though I qualified for GS-11, but...an actual job is still an actual job. Transferring is supposed to be the easy part. Supposed to be.
That's what I keep grappling with. But I keep hearing that even if you transfer, you only get paid one grade above what your previous GS pay scale was. If I'm wrong, please correct me, but that's more discouraging. I also don't want to get pigeonholed in DOJ while my real goal is State/DoD who might disqualify me from jobs because I've never worked in that sector, even though I'll have the MA and BA to back up credentials for State/DoD. Also, most job descriptions require someone to have worked the equivalent of the next lower pay grade before they qualify for the position...so working as a GS-4 would disqualify me from everything that I want to work with eventually.

dalliance fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 20, 2015

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

dalliance posted:

That's what I keep grappling with. But I keep hearing that even if you transfer, you only get paid one grade above what your previous GS pay scale was. If I'm wrong, please correct me, but that's more discouraging. I also don't want to get pigeonholed in DOJ while my real goal is State/DoD who might disqualify me from jobs because I've never worked in that sector, even though I'll have the MA and BA to back up credentials for State/DoD. Also, most job descriptions require someone to have worked the equivalent of the next lower pay grade before they qualify for the position...so working as a GS-4 would disqualify me from everything that I want to work with eventually.
Well, you are not wrong in the sense that for "Time-In-Grade" purposes, you can only apply for the next higher grade ("next higher" also being 5 to 7, 7 to 9, 9 to 11, in those ranks where they decided nobody really has an even-numbered job). But there is nothing stopping you from using your education to qualify directly for, in your case, a GS-9 position--and if the GS-4 job you did had experience related at all to the job to which you were applying, it would definitely give you a better shot at it than someone without that experience.

What I mean is, I came in directly as a GS-9, and I do not see why if I had already been a GS-4 I would not have also had a chance at that same position. I suppose you might have to use the open-to-public postings, rather than the internal candidate postings, though? That part I am not sure about.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Quarex posted:

Well, you are not wrong in the sense that for "Time-In-Grade" purposes, you can only apply for the next higher grade ("next higher" also being 5 to 7, 7 to 9, 9 to 11, in those ranks where they decided nobody really has an even-numbered job). But there is nothing stopping you from using your education to qualify directly for, in your case, a GS-9 position--and if the GS-4 job you did had experience related at all to the job to which you were applying, it would definitely give you a better shot at it than someone without that experience.

What I mean is, I came in directly as a GS-9, and I do not see why if I had already been a GS-4 I would not have also had a chance at that same position. I suppose you might have to use the open-to-public postings, rather than the internal candidate postings, though? That part I am not sure about.

You are correct, if it's an internal posting you can not jump over multiple grades like 4 to 9, (this assumes the internal posting has a time in grade requirement) but if it's open to the public all bets are off, you could go from a 4 to a 12 if you BQ and get the job.

dalliance
Oct 9, 2012
Oh that's reassuring. Thank you both!

Still not sure what I'll do but I'll wait til April or May to panic if I haven't found anything til then... DOJ may just be my only option at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

dalliance posted:

Oh that's reassuring. Thank you both!

Still not sure what I'll do but I'll wait til April or May to panic if I haven't found anything til then... DOJ may just be my only option at that point.

I hope you're checking USAJOBS every weekday night at Midnight Eastern time.. some jobs are only posted for a very short window, and some close automatically when a certain threshold of applicants are reached.

What sort of analyst position are you seeking? There is a wide range within that general category.