Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'd argue Arkham Knight got quite a lot of criticism!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Just like every Gamebryo mod in existence, it inexplicably has "immersive" in the name.

It's a dumb joke. It's 'immersive' because everyone in that area is supposed to be crazy about said team, and it's in parody of exactly the trend you're referring to.

You are familiar with the concept of 'humor', right? Maybe? No? Oh well.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
FO4 has betrayed me. I found a gun with the special perk saying it had "Unlimted ammo", so I sold all my ammo of that type and bought new armour. Turns out what the game meant by this was "Unlimited clip size", e.g. it still uses ammo and the ammo is still finite in number, you just never need to reload :sigh:

Worst game.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Kanfy posted:

Yeah, that ain't gonna happen, you can't realistically expect people to "just shut up" about one of the biggest video game releases of the year on a video game forum. A whole lot of people will talk about FO4 for a long time to come, best get used to it or it'll be bad for your mental health.

I think it might be better to simply hold people to a higher posting standards and call out retards for being retards.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Yes you do? The problem comes from the lack of perceived attempts to correct fundamental flaws, just compare it to complaints about Ubisoft titles but consider how often they try something different in the long-running series formula. People are more forgiving if you try to correct flaws, but it goes wrong, than if you insist it's part of the charm and dismiss complaints.

like this weirdo who has 19 pages of posts in the xbox thread but still thinks he can speak for how normal people think.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

The Colonel posted:

Devil May Cry 3 has a terrible PC port but the Style Switcher mod actually fixes it up a whole lot on top of doing a very good job of integrating a neat game mechanic from DMC4. If you don't want that added in though, the mod has a pretty extensive ini file and you can just pop that open and change one variable to turn it off. They're both very worth picking up, but bear in mind they're a lot less forgiving than DmC and have a different general combat focus.

If you ever get the chance, I'd even recommend playing the first Devil May Cry. It's got issues, but it's still actually a pretty fun game. Steer waaaaay clear of DMC2 though, it's not just subjectively split like DmC is--it's a downright terrible game, from the mechanics to the presentation.

I played original DMC 1 and 3 back on PS2 when they came out, but playing the new one makes me want to give 3 another spin. If it work alright and has controller support I'll snatch it next sale. Might grab 4 for the heck of it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanfy posted:

You might not see it but it's pretty obvious if you follow these discussions whenever one of these games come out, contrary to popular belief a whole lot of people do still want to enjoy video games.

I don't think this is right. There are people who feel this was for certain but they're not the ones constantly shitposting. The people doing that are legitimately just interested in the excitement and drama of the thing they don't care about or dislike being bad. It doesn't matter if it's the X-Box Sharktank or the abominable Fallout thread or whatever, there's no legitimate interest in them being good. It's just teams cheering for failure.

The people who are disappointed or are upset are not the ones making constant unending posts. They're not the ones posting unmarked ending spoilers in threads or intentionally exaggerating flaws to the point people unironically believe them or posting constantly and unendingly about how utterly lovely and terrible (currently popular thing) is. That isn't legitimate interest in a company improving, it's just territorial bullshit.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 12, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well, which is it?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

ImpAtom posted:

I don't think this is right. There are people who feel this was for certain but they're not the ones constantly shitposting. The people doing that are legitimately just interested in the excitement and drama of the thing they don't care about or dislike being bad. It doesn't matter if it's the X-Box Sharktank or the abominable Fallout thread or whatever, there's no legitimate interest in them being good. It's just teams cheering for failure.

The people who are disappointed or are upset are not the ones making constant unending posts. They're not the ones posting unmarked ending spoilers in threads or intentionally exaggerating flaws to the point people unironically believe them or posting constantly and unendingly about how utterly lovely and terrible (currently popular thing) is. That isn't legitimate interest in a company improving, it's just territorial bullshit.

Intentional shitposting obviously isn't the same thing as criticising a game, but it's also not really fair to lump everyone who is criticising a game together with the shitposters and act like they're one and the same which seems to happens a fair amount.

You have a lot of idiots, but many of the common criticisms directed at FO4 and those games in general are also perfectly legitimate and the non-shitposters wouldn't bother criticising them if they didn't care about them at all.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Stan Taylor posted:

I played original DMC 1 and 3 back on PS2 when they came out, but playing the new one makes me want to give 3 another spin. If it work alright and has controller support I'll snatch it next sale. Might grab 4 for the heck of it.

3 is almost unplayable on keyboard. I know that should be obvious, but it's really terrible to navigate the menus and I only say almost because I've beat the game on normal with a keyboard. With a controller it's a decent port of the ps2 version. The graphics held up better than I thought they would.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I just can't suspend my disbelief unless the post-apocalyptic mass murder/kleptomaniac garbage woman is running around in baseball underwear.

ftfy. I MUST HAUL ALL OF THESE TIN CANS BACK TO THE RECYCLER

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
The big problem you're gonna run into with DMC3 on PC is that if you don't install the Style Switcher mod, you'll have to delete the music or else deal with some serious performance issues.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Kero Blaster is pretty fun so far, its like a level-based Cave Story. It's definitely weirder than Cave Story too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanfy posted:

Intentional shitposting obviously isn't the same thing as criticising a game, but it's also not really fair to lump everyone who is criticising a game together with the shitposters and act like they're one and the same which seems to happens a fair amount.

You have a lot of idiots, but many of the common criticisms directed at FO4 and those games in general are also perfectly legitimate and the non-shitposters wouldn't bother criticising them if they didn't care about them at all.

Of course not but the people who are making legitimate criticisms are not the ones making it in that fashion. There's a pretty significant difference and it's pretty easy to see. I can't even say "It's Something Awful" because there is a staggering difference in threads here at times.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Of course not but the people who are making legitimate criticisms are not the ones making it in that fashion. There's a pretty significant difference and it's pretty easy to see. I can't even say "It's Something Awful" because there is a staggering difference in threads here at times.

Which criticisms are illegitimate?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Go and ask why people are in that xbox thread sometime, you might be learn something instead of blindly insisting it's territorial bullshit with no interest in a company improving. Beyond that I really don't know how to reply to this opinion of yours other than wonder how naive you are.

ImpAtom posted:

Legitimate criticisms aren't minor flaws that you approve of people talking about.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

ImpAtom posted:

Feel free to write us up a form of Legitimate Criticisms About FO4 so I can fill it out and send it in for your approval.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Thanks for autosaving after I triggered the sequence that locks me out of an area forever, Ori.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gonna hand out some illicit critism when the cops ain't lookin.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

ImpAtom posted:

Well, which is it?

it wasn't

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hog Inspector posted:

Which criticisms are illegitimate?

There was a bunch of bullshit in the Fallout 4 thread prior to and during release It's died down a little but it was really bad for a while.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

ImpAtom posted:

There was a bunch of bullshit in the Fallout 4 thread prior to and during release It's died down a little but it was really bad for a while.

Just like Fallout 4!

I kid, I kid.

FO4 never stopped being bad

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I hope ImpAtom's FO4 boogeyman turns out to be Cream-Of-Plenty.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

People in this thread are talking about the game after it's already out, what does that have to do with the prerelease fallout 4 thread being bad

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Don't buy Bethesda games at launch.

Don't buy Bethesda games.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ekster posted:

Don't buy Bethesda games at launch.

Don't buy Bethesda games.
Bethesda published games are fine though.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Accordion Man posted:

Unless they're running Bethesda engines.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

Unless its RAGE, or Hunted, or Rogue Warrior, or Brink.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
This thread is a year and a half old, maybe now would be a good time to reboot it so we have a fresh one in time for the winter sale and the people who can't hack it in the other half-dozen threads dedicated to Fallout 4 stop having a monopoly on posting in this one.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
This thread is like fine wine though.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Rogue Warrior was the epitome of Bethesda's design ideals in all ways.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can post about other things if you want. fallout just happens to be the hot new release so people are talking about it in the pc gaming thread

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Awesome! posted:

you can post about other things if you want. fallout just happens to be the hot new release so people are talking about it in the pc gaming thread

Maybe if X-COM 2 hadn't been delayed. :smith:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
The next Steam thread should be called the PC gaming thread. But we shouldn't even make it and post in this one forever.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The next steam thread should be called the VN And Eroge Central Discussion Thread because let's face it, that accounts for 80% of all new Steam releases nowadays anyway

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Freak Futanari posted:

The next steam thread should be called the VN And Eroge Central Discussion Thread because let's face it, that accounts for 80% of all new Steam releases nowadays anyway

my body is ready

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

The Vita thread already exists.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
I would be so loving happy if there was a vn thread and a separate games thread

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Freak Futanari posted:

A glorious age...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Justin_Brett posted:

Thanks for autosaving after I triggered the sequence that locks me out of an area forever, Ori.

Which area? I don't recall that. I was able to backtrack everywhere and 100% the game.

• Locked thread