Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

nintendo65 posted:

Anyone who is saying this game is bad or lazy can suck a gently caress this game is rad.

I loaded it up for first time yesterday and felt like I was just replaying Fallout 3.

This game is like the 6th season of The Walking Dead. I've seen and done all this poo poo before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Is there something I'm supposed to do first to prevent the people in the combat zone from shooting me on sight?

Edit: Apparently there's not. I thought there would be some kind of dialogue possible but it seems like you have to just kill everyone

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 12, 2015

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Does power armor take durability damage when companions are wearing it?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Did Nvidia ever post why they took down the tweaking guide for this game? I suspect it's because it had the uGrids tweak, which can break savegames, and Bethesda didn't want people busting their game, but I'm still curious.

I know you can still get cached copies of the guide, but I wonder what exactly caused them to take it down and it's still not back up.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Scoss posted:

Does power armor take durability damage when companions are wearing it?

Yes.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i wish gasmasks didnt take up helmet slots

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

The Iron Rose posted:

The female protagonist is former military as well fyi

Where's it say this? YES I KNOW this is a ludicrous thing to be concerned about.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

moolchaba posted:

I loaded it up for first time yesterday and felt like I was just replaying Fallout 3.

This game is like the 6th season of The Walking Dead. I've seen and done all this poo poo before.

I had the exact same feeling when I started out, but it actually gets quite a lot better further in.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Is there a way to melt down junk for parts without having it in the workshop? I just wanna get spergy and see how much material I really have.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PantsBandit posted:

Was listening to the radio and the dj announced the song "Right behind you baby" and said that, while the singer was not behind me, somebody may be so I should check. I checked behind me and there was a raider about to shoot me :eyepop:

You know, I think the reason why some people don't like the poor radio guy is because he's stuck being compared to the likes of Wayne "Mr. New Vegas" Newton :allears:.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

fyi, beds are assigned to each settler individually so if you've got a pesky settler sleeping in the bed you set aside for yourself you can assign them to a different one like any other item

Evil Canadian posted:

Is there a way to melt down junk for parts without having it in the workshop? I just wanna get spergy and see how much material I really have.

dump it on the floor and scrap it

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Evil Canadian posted:

Technically you can pull out all your intact junk from the workshop, drop in on the ground and start scrapping it piece by piece with the settlement interface, but it's pretty tedious.

You could also grab it all to your inventory and switch to "component view", which I think should at least show you the potential numbers.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Scoss posted:

Technically you can pull out all your intact junk from the workshop, drop in on the ground and start scrapping it piece by piece with the settlement interface, but it's pretty tedious.

You could also grab it all to your inventory and switch to "component view", which I think should at least show you the potential numbers.

They should really change the "Store all Junk" command to a "scrap all junk". What, do we really need a stack of plates?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I don't fully understand the base building, and not sure how I want to go about it. For one thing, I know I like the gas station better than the Sanctuary. It seems like you could make it more defensible with less material. However, the Preston Gang are in sanctuary and I'm assuming they are useful. Can I send them to the gas station? Or do I have to start from scratch there and attract settlers via radio or whatever(haven't gotten that far).

So far base building wise I'm still on the "plant food for the guys" part. I'm not sure where I find corn seeds(or can i just find regular corn and plant that?) or other stuff like that. So far I've only been able to plant melons.

e: honestly the only thing I really want out of the base building either now or soon, is being able to make myself water for healing. The other stuff can wait.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

JoshTheStampede posted:

Also that perk is in Perception anyway.

Yeah, sorry, perception.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
The game lets you salvage lead, to block radiation in your gear, from a pencil, even though the lead in a pencil is made of graphite.

Who even made this game

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Welp, just got my first quest-breaking bug. Trying to return a fetch item to the BoS at the Cambridge Police Station and walking through the door makes me fall through the world.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wallrod posted:

The game lets you salvage lead, to block radiation in your gear, from a pencil, even though the lead in a pencil is made of graphite.

Who even made this game

Pencils up til the 1950's used lead paint in the outer coating. Guess what era the entire setting draws from? :eng101:

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

I'm getting a lot of motion sickness because of the head bob... I can't find anything anywhere about it (beside people with the same issue). Anyone knows if there's a hidden option somewhere on the PC version? I tried the FOV and mouse acceleration tweaks and they don't help.

It's such a downer because after paying 65$Cnd, it sucks!

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Wallrod posted:

Who even made this game

In Fallout world they never shifted to graphite because reasons and divergence and World of Tomorrow in the FUTURE! :byodood:

This is a fun game, so far. I actually (knock wood) haven't had any real problems with bugs yet. Dog is awesome. Mostly useless, but awesome. One question I have is the power armor. Ever since using it to help the people in Concord, I've kept the thing in Sanctuary. Just found another power core, but I'm not sure how often or when I'm supposed to use it.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I don't fully understand the base building, and not sure how I want to go about it. For one thing, I know I like the gas station better than the Sanctuary. It seems like you could make it more defensible with less material. However, the Preston Gang are in sanctuary and I'm assuming they are useful. Can I send them to the gas station? Or do I have to start from scratch there and attract settlers via radio or whatever(haven't gotten that far).

You don't need seeds, you plant the fruit directly. I'd recommend getting atleast some corn, mutfruit and tato plants so you can produce adhesives.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I made Cait equip my dead wife's wedding ring. Gonna make this real weird for everyone.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pencils up til the 1950's used lead paint in the outer coating. Guess what era the entire setting draws from? :eng101:

with all the crazy poo poo in the fallout universe i wouldn't be surprised if they also just straight up made pencil lead from actual lead

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hemish posted:

I'm getting a lot of motion sickness because of the head bob... I can't find anything anywhere about it (beside people with the same issue). Anyone knows if there's a hidden option somewhere on the PC version? I tried the FOV and mouse acceleration tweaks and they don't help.

It's such a downer because after paying 65$Cnd, it sucks!

I worked out was causing me a bit of motion sickness when nothing usually does - the loving Pip-Boy. What genius thought having your primary menu wave about constantly as well as move back-and-forth while you have to focus on it was a good idea? :barf:

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
How do I get rid of this stupid loving molerat disease?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Am I just insanely unobservant, or are there no kitchen items to craft? A sink, an oven, a fridge... I'm not seeing any of it.

Are... are there unlockable decorations...? :ohdear:

Also, how the hell do I make followers stop following? I can order them to stay put, but there they are when I warp off somewhere. I want to go it alone, at least until I run into a non-Dogmeat/Codsworth buddy, but the little shits won't go away. Go hang out in Dumpsville with Preston and his hobos!

E: Also re: food - if you harvest it yourself, will it regrow? If so, how long does it take? Got a nice place at the Starlight, but I dunno if I should bother with crops if I need a settler minding them.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

There are unlockable decorations. Magazines unlock cosmetic options for your settlements.

Food regrows when harvested, it's like other gathering points in other Bethesda games.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

How do I get rid of this stupid loving molerat disease?

Perhaps try... a doctor? Just a thought.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I had a settlement under attack, went to it, saw nothing out of the ordinary then a settler started shooting this named npc I'd recruited earlier, then the turrets shredded that settler, fight ended. I checked out the dead settler and he had synth components, I couldn't find any more infiltrators so I left and got a message about how I failed to defend sanctuary, when I came back later almost all the resources and turrets were destroyed.

ChibiSoma posted:

Am I just insanely unobservant, or are there no kitchen items to craft? A sink, an oven, a fridge... I'm not seeing any of it.

Also, how the hell do I make followers stop following? I can order them to stay put, but there they are when I warp off somewhere. I want to go it alone, at least until I run into a non-Dogmeat/Codsworth buddy, but the little shits won't go away. Go hang out in Dumpsville with Preston and his hobos!

E: Also re: food - if you harvest it yourself, will it regrow? If so, how long does it take? Got a nice place at the Starlight, but I dunno if I should bother with crops if I need a settler minding them.

It regrows if you harvest food and you can find magazines with new craftable stuff for your settlements.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

ChibiSoma posted:

There are magazines that give new settlement crafting items, I assume some of it would be a kitchen.

You can tell them to leave, you have to interact with them and then select talk. I think the option to send them away is the lefthand one and it should ask you which settlement you want them sent to.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Corvega is a bitch!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Case in point:

I didn't give a poo poo about energy weapons in Fallout 3, but they look so pretty and bad-rear end in this game I'm quickly changing my mind about them. :swoon: The :f5: to charge/load/crank up your shot is a pretty sweet thought on Bethesda's part, so kudos to them for that.

[e]: I dunno why the screencapture in-game makes pictures turn out blurrier than they should be, though. :(

How are you getting decent shots of your character from different angles? Whenever I try that it zooms in really close and I can't do it with weapons out.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Is there no command to just give xp? I want to test something out but I don't want to use the setlevel command to do it.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Frankenoodle posted:

This is really lovely, because it means that the best way to scrap things is to drop them all on the ground and scrap them one by one to make sure you get all of the components. stop worrying and embrace the bomb. and also put bullets in muhfuggas heads.

Yeah I noticed this and went with the fix above.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Is there no command to just give xp? I want to test something out but I don't want to use the setlevel command to do it.
player.modav Experience xxx.x

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
Does anyone know if I accept leadership of the minutemen or join the BoS am I committed to anything? Does it even matter if I join all the factions?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Hot Jam posted:

Does anyone know if I accept leadership of the minutemen or join the BoS am I committed to anything? Does it even matter if I join all the factions?

Historically it's been fine to join a faction called "become Jesus" and also be the head of a faction called "kill all Jesus" but I dunno. Danse was real intense when he kept saying he'd be my boss, so I told him "maybe."

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Perhaps try... a doctor? Just a thought.

Doesn't do poo poo

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I just took over an outpost, but I damaged the well with grenade shrapnel. The game tells me to repair it so it will work, and of course since it's Fallout 4 there's no explanation how to accomplish this. I highlighted the pump and didn't see a repair function. I then tried "store item in workbench" and now I can't find it in the bench menu and still don't know how to repair stuff. Help me, goonsires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

mlmp08 posted:

Historically it's been fine to join a faction called "become Jesus" and also be the head of a faction called "kill all Jesus" but I dunno. Danse was real intense when he kept saying he'd be my boss, so I told him "maybe."

"I just got all but two of our guys killed and I kept on screwing over your attempts at stealth and I don't have the god drat common sense to get away from an igniting rocket, but I want you to work for me and do what I say without question." I keep on finding dead BoS while I'm building my empire up north so I don't think I'll go for an entry position.

• Locked thread