Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Has probably gotten too much press for them to cover it, but this read to me like an extremely UYD-type story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Definitely moming harder.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Does anyone remember the crazy lounge-style outro song they used once? I can't remember the circumstances, but they talked it up for a few minutes before it played.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

Does anyone remember the crazy lounge-style outro song they used once? I can't remember the circumstances, but they talked it up for a few minutes before it played.
Something like "Beauregard's Wild Emporium"? Might be enough to start a search if that's the one you're thinking of.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Episode 68. Soonhey - Beauregard And Charlemagne.

We endorse the Beatles, the Dead and Soonhey.

Diet Sodium
Apr 29, 2009
So I just got an envelope from UYD today. It was in a plastic bag with an apology from USPS. It looks like a dog got a hold of it and it's just the envelope, nothing inside...

I have a feeling my flash drive used to be in there. I'm pretty bummed out. I emailed them about it, though. I hope they can help me out.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
UGH Jonathon flubs up again!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Was it just a regular letter envelope?

I'm gonna love it if it turns out Jonathan just mailed out the first wave of thumbdrives in regular envelopes before taking off to Europe and they all end up getting caught in sorting machinery.

e: also, I think you're supposed to use additional postage when mailing inflexible objects like that, I'm guessing it's just got the one stamp.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 7, 2015

nw
Aug 18, 2004

He was probably freaking stoned out of his gourd on pot hahaha!!!

Diet Sodium
Apr 29, 2009
Yeah it was just a regular envelope with 2 stamps on it.

He actually emailed me back within half an hour. I was shocked. He apologized and said he's going to send me a new one as soon as possible. We'll see if I ever actually get it, though.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

It's Seth's christmas card nightmare all over again.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Did anyone with VIP at the Gramcery shows get their signed poster(s)?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Oh my god, this skype ep is great. Seth holding cards up to a web cam, rather than emailing notes.... Seth not knowing how to wear earbuds.... Needing outside tech support to even install skype on Seth's old computer....

bango skank posted:

Was it just a regular letter envelope?

I'm gonna love it if it turns out Jonathan just mailed out the first wave of thumbdrives in regular envelopes before taking off to Europe and they all end up getting caught in sorting machinery.

e: also, I think you're supposed to use additional postage when mailing inflexible objects like that, I'm guessing it's just got the one stamp.

Definitely requires special handling -- I tried to RMA an old, worthless thumb drive a few months ago, but the post office wouldn't accept it in a standard envelope. I would've had to spend more than its value to ship as a package.

WoG fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 8, 2015

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
478 up fuckers

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

GhostDog posted:

Episode 68. Soonhey - Beauregard And Charlemagne.

We endorse the Beatles, the Dead and Soonhey.

Not on Spotify, not on Youtube, found it on their MySpace page. Never thought I'd be back up in the 'Space, but it figures UYD got me there.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

something clever posted:

478 up fuckers

You know how I know when an ep is up? When my podcast app says that 5 episodes have been downloaded, but only 4 appear at the top of the list.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

My two weeks in Europe, which has become one month in Europe

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
For some reason this one appeared among my newer 'casts for once. I guess because Jonathan dated it properly or something. I actually don't know what day of the week this podcast comes out.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UP AND ADAM posted:

For some reason this one appeared among my newer 'casts for once. I guess because Jonathan dated it properly or something. I actually don't know what day of the week this podcast comes out.

New episodes are posted on Mond- hahaha I couldn't finish that with a straight face.

Dr. Wright
Dec 26, 2005

UP AND ADAM posted:

He always backdates the episodes to the date they were recorded, no matter what day they're uploaded. This time the episode was posted just a day or so after it was uploaded, which is pretty unusual.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Something like "Beauregard's Wild Emporium"? Might be enough to start a search if that's the one you're thinking of.

That's it. Beauregard and Charlemagne's wild emporium.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

bango skank posted:

New episodes are posted on Mond- hahaha I couldn't finish that with a straight face.

UYD - New eps every sometimes

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

UP AND ADAM posted:

I was just coming to post this, has the penny finally dropped?

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Skype is a sensual app.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
skype ep good ep

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Did Seth ever explain why he used to pretend he was mute while eating lunch at his favorite restaurant ? That was one of my all time favorite stories from their very early years.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Did Seth ever explain why he used to pretend he was mute while eating lunch at his favorite restaurant ? That was one of my all time favorite stories from their very early years.

People say that it was because he got tired of them getting his order wrong but I don't think it's actually ever been said in an episode.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

WDIIA posted:

People say that it was because he got tired of them getting his order wrong but I don't think it's actually ever been said in an episode.

This is one of the most enduring UYD rumors, right up there with Seth's relationship with his dad.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jonathan made a joke about it at the second Gramercy Theater live show, asking if he'd finally reveal why he doesn't speak there.

Seth declined

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I think that was one of his 400th episode promises along with moonwalking.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

"¡Viva la Bern!~~" -uyd

deepspace.io
Aug 5, 2015
478 outro track? Soundhound is not helping.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
Trivia: Seth's 500th episode promise is to reveal what a famous family did to slight the Romatellis. What family was it?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Greatest Living Man posted:

Trivia: Seth's 500th episode promise is to reveal what a famous family did to slight the Romatellis. What family was it?

Dennis quaid right?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The Kennedy's denying paternity.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Matey posted:

"¡Viva la Bern!~~" -uyd

Hey. last time Jonathan got political, he ended up in that weird L.A Obama video...

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Space-Bird posted:

Hey. last time Jonathan got political, he ended up in that weird L.A Obama video...

we hood, we votin, and throwin it uuuup!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The Larroquettes.

JL Sr. slept with Seths mom, because you can't look like Seth and not be the son of John Larroquette.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

WDIIA posted:

I think they explain it on one of the guest episodes they did. Maybe the Marc Maron one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Uhh, come on people! These are jokes!