Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Black Griffon posted:

Takes like two clicks to bring up that, desktop is just win+d. That's like five hundred thousand more clicks.

Anyway, more on topic: What the gently caress is a Lancia Stratos? How do you drive this loving thing? Who the gently caress made this monstrosity? Why is it designed to spin constantly during every single moment of eternity? Why? Why?

Point it in the direction you want it to go, floor it, pray to the elder gods that it goes in that direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Good handling and fast times often don't go together.

Max grip and twitchyness mean fast, if you're equally twitchy and value a laptime over your life.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Speaking of maximum grip, the v1.50 update for Stock Car Extreme (the one with Velo Citta and the Lancer Cup) is coming within the next few days. There's a giant update post on the RD forums if you want to know the basics but mostly it's saying write down your settings and delete your UserData folder when the update hits, because so much of the code has been rewritten that old player data probably won't work. Also it's probably gonna break quite a lot of mods so hope that the people who did the conversions feel like updating them.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I mean, it's a beautiful machine, but it's also some kind of mad trickster god that rewards the insane and punishes the rational. And I've come to realize that it's the combination of the Stratos and Monte Carlo that's giving me real trouble.

All things considered, I think this is an excellent laptime. For me. I'm giving myself that.

I will tame thee, demon.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Black Griffon posted:

Alright, thanks. I guess it might have something to do with the replay thing seeing as it happens a second after I cross the finish line. I'll see what I can get out of the official forums.

Quite a few people in a small league that I'm driving in has this issue. It's very annoying.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
The Lancer and Velo Citta are a fun combination in the beta; assuming we have a decent number of people we should totally have a goon race just after the official release

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Well we don't have to worry about most of the GSCE mod tracks it seems, Patrick Giranthon's already got 1.5 ready versions of Spa and Monza uploaded.

E: GSCE 1.5 IS OUT!

njsykora fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 30, 2015

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8NWSj9d3Fw

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

You know what? gently caress Monte Carlo with a rusty spade. It's a horrid hellscape devoid of joy and pleasure, and I hope its mountainous regions somehow manages to get swallowed by the sea.

Getting better at the Stratos though.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Fayez Butts posted:

Do you really have to have both Dirt 3 and Dirt 3 Complete Edition installed?

When Windows 10 was installed, I clicked the first game, held shift, clicked the last game, right clicked, and clicked "Install multiple."

Hard drives are cheap and I have a stupid fast fiber WAN.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I spent most of my time with the SCE beta with the Lancers but after an endless formation lap at Riberio Preto because the AI cannot deal with that hairpin I went back to try the stock cars with the auto-wheel rotation and AI balancing. I am absolutely stomping them at the 90% difficulty I used to get crushed at. This is gonna make jumping from car to car a lot easier if I'm just having to make little tweaks to the difficulty.

Also the AI are cheating bastards on formation laps.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Oh good god that looks unbelievable

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

There's something fundamentally comical about seeing four cars drift by and a fifth one sliding slowly into view on its roof. The ancient Greek would laugh at that.

SparkTR
May 6, 2009
How's rFactor 2 been shaping up recently? I saw the Steam announcement and wondering if it's worth jumping in for a person who owns AC and PCars.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I love rF2 for how the driving and FFB feel, but the content is still somewhat in shambles and modding is still not really taking off. Get Stock Car Extreme first.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Game Stock Car Extreme also has super kickin rad supercarts!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

And it's gonna have similar tire modelling and dynamic tracks within a few months.

Assetto Corsa taking all the modders really killed rF2 before it even got started.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

this is amazing, must get.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

real_scud posted:

Oh good god that looks unbelievable

I didn't think you could mod tracks for LFS?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Helicon One posted:

I didn't think you could mod tracks for LFS?

As far as I know you can create custom layouts for the tracks they have, because I've seen videos of people running some tracks point to point like rally stages. Certainly at that track in particular there's a hell of a lot of road around the track that's modelled to allow that kind of stuff.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

So there's some interesting stuff going on in the Reiza 51 dev forum if you backed their crowdfunding campaign.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I've seen. I voted YES.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Ditto, its an honestly dated title and a clean-slate start would be awesome for them.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlJTQX_NFa8

In case you missed it, there's a group of us who have a league going on iRacing. Here are some highlights from the past few weeks.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I was around half the crashes at Concord. I must be bad luck.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ringo Star Get posted:

Ditto, its an honestly dated title and a clean-slate start would be awesome for them.

Yeah, most of the objections I've seen are people worried about how this would affect their league (not at all) and people who for some ungodly reason spend hundreds of dollars on racing wheels but are still running Windows XP. I don't blame them for not wanting to wrestle with the nightmare I assume GSCE's code base is and just starting fresh.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

njsykora posted:

Yeah, most of the objections I've seen are people worried about how this would affect their league (not at all) and people who for some ungodly reason spend hundreds of dollars on racing wheels but are still running Windows XP. I don't blame them for not wanting to wrestle with the nightmare I assume GSCE's code base is and just starting fresh.

Someone legitimately said that they would be sad at a game no longer supporting Windows XP and another member offered to send them a PC that would easily at least run Windows10.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

People still using Windows XP have mental problems

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Norns posted:

People still using Windows XP have mental problems

Mostly it's train sim folks /olds who are :spergin: so you are correct.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

njsykora posted:

So there's some interesting stuff going on in the Reiza 51 dev forum if you backed their crowdfunding campaign.

Link/explanation for those of us who don't know wtf?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Helicon One posted:

Link/explanation for those of us who don't know wtf?

It's supposed to remain a thing inside the dev forum but it's gotten out to some blogs so I might as well say. They basically want to take the content of GSCE + Formula Truck and release a new game to be a successor to GSCE next year while they work on their 2017 game. So this new thing would contain the new content, graphics improvements, HUD and UI changes, dynamic track and tire modelling they promised in the crowdfunding but still be running on ISIMotor. They want to move it to Steam only so they can spend less time testing updates, and hopefully get some extra sales. Also it won't carry the Stock Car branding, because that's cost them quite a lot of deals over the years. So a fresh codebase, fresh branding, time on the front page of Steam as a new release and also potentially DLC support (though they've said this is unlikely). Starting fresh also means they'll be able to add in a few more new features because of potential extra sales.

The important things to keep in mind are these.

1) Everyone who owns GSCE when this new thing (codenamed Reiza2015) is released will get it for free, whether they backed the crowdfunding or not.
2) Everyone who backed the crowdfunding campaign will get Reiza2015 for free, and also get any DLC content for free.

3) Beta backers will still get betas, but they will be Reiza2015 betas instead of GSCE betas.
4) This does not affect the new game mentioned in the crowdfunding campaign which is codenamed Reiza2017.

None of this is confirmed to be happening yet, that's what the dev forum thread is for. Getting permission from the crowdfunding backers before proceeding with this plan, if the backers reject the idea it won't happen and GSCE will be updated as promised. If it does happen (and it currently has 93% approval) GSCE will get a few last bug fix updates but then that will be it. They've also said if they do end up making Reiza2015 they will refund any backers who want to pull out.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I voted for the new game too. Reiza seems like a pretty cool dev and I'm down for whatever they wanna do.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Whatever gets me VR support in a thing.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
So Reiza2015 is an overhaul of GSCE that will come out next year, and Reiza2017 is a completely new game to be released the following year?

This sounds really ambitious, how big is their dev team that they can work on two games to be released in two years?

If they do this then I have a feeling that Reiza2017 won't be released in 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

pik_d posted:

So Reiza2015 is an overhaul of GSCE that will come out next year, and Reiza2017 is a completely new game to be released the following year?

This sounds really ambitious, how big is their dev team that they can work on two games to be released in two years?

If they do this then I have a feeling that Reiza2017 won't be released in 2017

All the content for Reiza2017 is being worked on by a separate team to the GSCE stuff as its been explained. Most of the physics and gameplay will be brought over from GSCE so the main work is going into a DX12 graphics engine. Similar to how Raceroom uses a custom graphics engine but the physics are still using ISIMotor.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

goddamn that looks fun.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

rFactor 2 is on Steam now. If you already have a non-Steam copy, you can get a key here.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
http://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=925431757532821&substory_index=0&id=113736022035736

Called it months ago that Fanatec would have a new wheel out by the end of the year. It looks like it came over in the same container as the ClubSport v3 pedals, as they are now in stock in the US.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I was just about to post about that. LOL at Ohsh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

I was just about to post about that. LOL at Ohsh.

Im p ok with this

• Locked thread