Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

It's cool that I won, I just am a little confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Pander posted:

It's cool that I won, I just am a little confused

Mogul. The answer is always Mogul.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Yeah mcfreeze just pointed that out. Goofy bug. Harmless, but goofy.

Anyways yay, didn't expect a sweep, I'm the best, and in the words of JR Leap:

quote:

Wow, it is like the person writing the update was inside of my head....(minus the good wife part)

so I'm going to have to go buy a DVD of the 2005 post season and force her to sit and watch it in penance.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Relevant:

Rocks posted:

Trump is receiving secret service. His code name is Mogul.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
I want to sim the LCSes on Thursday, mid-day, so whoever's left, get your rosters to me by then.

For DannoMack and Beet, you already know who you're facing anyway.

For gingemidget and McFreeze, you know who you would be facing if you advanced.

For Pander, well, I think we can all agree that Pander doesn't really need the help.

LegendInTheMakin
Oct 4, 2015

Pash posted:

Trade!

Commission Sends:
1965 Ernie Banks
1906 Joe McGinnity

St Maarten Storm Send:
1909 Cy Young

I would like to accept this trade.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

LegendInTheMakin posted:

I would like to accept this trade.

Awesome! Thanks!

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

HulkaMatt posted:

I don't have a kevin brown to trade anymore, mr. mountie.

I meant that your glowing endorsement and exorbitant asking price for Joe Morgan made me think I was getting a good deal for him when really he's just okay :mad:
But you and I can be BFFs again if you start collecting these: http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Gallery.cfm/sid/83659/2013-RCMP-Musical-Ride?PageIndex=2 IT HAS THEIR HORSES NAMES IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

DannoMack posted:

I meant that your glowing endorsement and exorbitant asking price for Joe Morgan made me think I was getting a good deal for him when really he's just okay :mad:
But you and I can be BFFs again if you start collecting these: http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Gallery.cfm/sid/83659/2013-RCMP-Musical-Ride?PageIndex=2 IT HAS THEIR HORSES NAMES IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER

I do not know what you are talking about. We had a trade in place for my Nap Lajoie that you backed out on to get Joe Morgan!!!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
that horse named viper is probably really confused

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Sub-Par League V, Gyros League Championship Series: The Gay Agenda vs. Achewood Stoned Lightning

The Gay Agenda is here! Panic!! Somehow, this collection of really good, yet really loving old players managed to come together as a decent team. And their bodies just held out long enough to capture the yearly title of "Worst Division Champion Ever". Well, everyone who's not Barry Bonds. So, you would think this team would have to be the underdog, as while their starting pitching was pretty great, their batting lineup is held together by threads right now. But it's worth noting that in September, with both teams fighting for their lives, the Gay Agenda beat the Stoned Lightning in 4 out of 6 games. Hmm...

In another universe, the Stoned Lightning went down as just another bad decision by CaptainYesterday. Given the chance to go directly to the Super-League, he instead traded that spot for a group of his favorite Houston Astros. And by the all-star break, his team was already 10 games behind in the division. But slowly and surely, the Stoned Lightning clawed back, riding a 44-29 second half to a narrowly-earned division title, and earning that Super-League spot for the second time. But one question remains - can they overcome the power of Orbit, who they traded to the Gay Agenda earlier this season, and who seems to have some magical power that leads them to victory?

Game 1: The Gay Agenda @ Achewood Stoned Lightning (Series Tied 0-0)

Keith Wuncler CXXXIV posted:

RICHARD TWIRLS GEM AS STONED LIGHTNING TAKE 1-0 LEAD, 1-0

Someplace, Nowhere Important In Particular - To be showcased in the GLCS is in a large sense a matter of being a team that was not nearly as bad as its competition. This season, with the Feast of Fired being a laughingstock, and the Monster's Ball decided practically in the last week after the Highlanders fell into irretrievable ruin, it's been less a matter of fiercely contested pennant races between deserving rivals than a matter of collapsing less than your division mates. And so, the Gay Agenda with barely a winning record shuffled up to Achewood to meet the Stoned Lightning in what is surely going to be a most painful series to write about.

It is in this vein that in stark contrast to the BLCS, which featured great hitting, pitching meltdowns, the excitement of triples or singles (but nary a dinger) to thrill even the jaded Super-League fan, we open the series with a game so bloodless, so anemic that one could be forgiven if they thought this wasn't baseball and just a really bad game of pepper being played with the most disinterested little leaguers in all of suburbia.

Batters would emerge from the dugout, walk to the plate in some sort of drug-induced stupor, then strike out or ground out, then shuffle back like the poorly animated constructs they appeared to be. Most of the innings were incredibly brief affairs where the commercials took longer than actual play; the entire game finished in a little over 2 hours which left local affiliates scrambling to find content to fill the air. Thankfully, broadcast test patterns are indistinguishable from the languid, exceedingly boring game that proceeded it.

In the event, somehow the Stoned Lightning managed to get two hits in a row and score a run in the 7th, which apparently was all which was needed. This burst of activity drained all remaining life in the stadium, and I'm not entirely sure because the next two innings were a blur and suddenly the game ended. I think I passed out, it's hard to say.

CaptainYesterday genially thanked everyone for coming, and was pleased with the game, but in an anxious way hoped that all had a good time since he is a gracious host. Carlos Correa, who would not be joining the Lightning after the season in the Super League after being traded to an incoming EC team, sighed in quiet exasperation. "Hey, we won, isn't that worth getting excited over? Guys? Hello?" The silence answered that question with an eloquence that mere words could never hope to convey.

GAME NOTES

- There's nothing to note.

- Fine, Agenda's Gehrig had two hits. These were the only hits for the entire team.

- Lord Barrold of the County Bond drew two walks. Yay.

- J.R. Richard had a double! Amazing! He then reported losing feeling in his arm in all the excitement but I'm sure he can walk it off.

Box Score

Game 2: The Gay Agenda @ Achewood Stoned Lightning (STO leads 1-0)

GAY AGENDA HITTERS REMAIN BAFFLED AS NOLAN RYAN EXTENDS LEAD TO 2-0, 2-0

Boredomville, Population Two - This was an improvement, I suppose. After a game in which much of nothing occurred and a general lack of action took place, the Stoned Lightning took a commanding two game lead in the series with - hang on to your seats gentle folk - TWO runs scored in the game!

Whoa, you might be saying, don't overload us with such incredible heroics. Let's go at this one play at a time! Sure, I say to my purely hypothetical audience, who hasn't already escaped to find something more interesting to read, like the minutes of the February 1986 Federal Open Market Committee that voted to keep interest rates at their current levels. That Chairman Volcker could run a committee, let me tell you, that oblique comment about the Laffer Curve sure had me in stitches. Get it? Get it? Hahah. hah.

Sorry, where was I?

Right, the game. In the 1st inning, a shaky Walter Johnson gave up three singles in a row, Berkman and Bonds pulling singles to left field, with Bagwell pulling yet another single to get Berkman across home to make it 1-0. Meanwhile, Nolan Ryan was completely dominating, letting players on base but then striking out or, in a lucky instance, inducing a double play to kill the incipient run threat. The Gay Agenda couldn't quite, for the second game in a row, solve their hitting woes. A Jose Cruz single, pinch-hitting for Nolan Ryan in the 8th, provided insurance by driving in Joe Morgan who stole second in what in hindsight seems brilliant.

Not to be outdone in the player substitution game, inky pulled George Brett to insert Orbit. Orbit, being an intern dressed in an oversized fur suit, naturally struck out. The rest of the order followed and that was that.

inky, asked what the gently caress was wrong with them, merely ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Also added was a :fuckoff: at the temerity of the reporters questioning the wisdom of letting a joke player come to bat in a critical moment of the game. :nyan: suddenly appeared out of nowhere and inky felt compelled to chase after it, leaving a trail of :taco: in their wake.

For his part, CaptainYesterday was very excited about discussing more TNA with the reporters, but there's been too much bizarreness in this article already.

The series will resume after a travel day in Melbourne for games 3, 4 and 5 if needed.

GAME NOTES

- Walt Johnson gave up the game-losing RBI, then GIDP to kill the Agenda's best chance of scoring. Not a proud moment in the LGBT rights movement.

- Five mainstays of the Agenda lineup have not gotten a single hit this series.

- The triple B threat of Berkman/Bonds/Bagwell is annoying alliterative and actually already antiquated.

- Walt had some issues with control, beaning Bonds and Correa. The LGBT rights cannot be won with violence!

Box Score

Game 3: Achewood Stoned Lightning @ The Gay Agenda (STO leads 2-0)

GAY AGENDA STRIKES BACK WITH SHUTOUT OF THEIR OWN

A Land Down Under - The Gay Agenda lives! After two games in which they were held scoreless and very nearly hitless, the movement for gay rights and, I guess baseball championships, regained some momentum.

As perhaps to be expected, the means by which this was accomplished was extremely unexpected. Both pitchers were masterful, allowing few hits and if they ran into trouble, managed to squeeze out from jams with a convenient ground out or strikeout. But it was in the 3rd when Walter Johnson, hitting safely for a double, found in him the speed to reach third. A quick single by Tris Speaker in the next at-bat brought him home, and he stayed on the mound to ensure this would suffice to win.

Steve Carlton for the Lightning had hoped to replicate this in the 7th; with two men on bases, one of whom walked intentionally to pitch to Carlton, he worked the count to 1-1 before ripping loose on a fastball to center. Sadly for the Lightning, not quite enough pop to escape the attention of Speaker whose catch ended the only real threat to the Agenda's lead. Much like the last two games, the rest of the innings were a languid blur of batters rising, failing, then heading to the field to repeat the process.

inky was naturally ill-disposed to speak with reporters, :nyan: somehow caught and resting in their lap while a small cloud of :kimchi: filled the air around the pair. Walter Johnson spoke though, saying "while my counterpart Walt was less successful, I am pleased to have restored the luster to our good names. Sometimes if you want something done, you must do it yourself." He cast a baleful glance at some of his teammates who have been less than successful at the plate. "After all, the series cannot last long enough for me to come back to the mound and rescue this team single-handedly a second time."

CaptainYesterday, while still confident of his ultimate victory, fiddled with some action figures of TNA stars that he had put together from GI Joe figures and Transformer toys he insist he just had lying around. "I think we're doing okay? I mean, it's not unusual to lose a game on the road, we're not the Despair who will probably crush the winner of this series into goo or anything." Twisting the arms of one such hybrid abomination into something vaguely resembling a macho stance, he went further: "I guess it's okay if we lose this series, we're secure in our ticket to the Super-League, but it'd be nice to win the championship."

While playing further, the arm fell off. All were filled with an unspeakable sadness at the sight.

GAME NOTES

- Walter Johnson! With a hit and a run scored, he's hitting for .333, which makes him the best hitter on the team! That's...a little unfortunate!

- A total of four hits by each team were had. Only the Agenda managed to put two of those hits in a row to get a run.

- Walks drawn by the Agenda: zero. :nyoron:

- There really isn't anything to talk about these games. Holy cow.

Box Score

Game 4: Achewood Stoned Lightning @ The Gay Agenda (STO leads 2-1)

SERIES TIED BACK UP; GAY PITCHERS CONTINUE TO DOMINATE

Where Someone Is Putting A Shrimp on the Barbie For You - Now things are getting exciting. After three games dominated by the pitching resulting in low scoring affairs won on the slimmest of margins, it seemed that everyone realized that they're among the best players to have played the game and should hit accordingly. With this newfound power to actually hit the ball, the Agenda have turned the entire series around, seizing control of the game and revitalizing their prospects anew to pull even with the Lightning in the championship.

At first, things seemed to echo the pace of the prior games, lazy innings drifting by with little care for getting on base or otherwise putting on any sort of show worth following. This idyll was shattered when Nap Lajoie slammed a triple in the 2d. Now, suddenly the world was put on notice that this was a different sort of game. There was a sac fly and Nap scored. Impossible, thought the crowd, runners don't score in this series. When the Lightning answered with a pair of doubles to drive in their own run in the same inning, the stadium immediately stopped slouching and paid heed. Apparently they were going to be privy to an amazing transformation: something entertaining on the field!

And for the home crowd, Melbournians who would rather see a match of Cricket than a sociosexual movement for greater freedoms won through the medium of an imported athletic competition, at the least they could enjoy "their" team beat the poo poo out of the Lightning. Gaylord (:3:) Perry singled, then was brought home on another triple, this time hit by Speaker. Brett hit a sac to bring Speaker across home plate. In the 4th, Larry Dierker completely melted down and threw two consecutive wild pitches to turn a Goose Goslin single into an effective triple, who was brought home on yet another sac hit. One more set of doubles in the 6th gave the Agenda another run for good measure.

An attempted rally in the 9th by the Lightning was far too little, too late. While they managed to add another run, and thereby practically double their offensive production over the last 18 innings played, it was pitifully short. A tiny Lombardi grounder ended the game.

If CaptainYesterday was concerned about suddenly losing the momentum in the series, he hid it well. "These things happen, right? You win a few, you lose a few, but I'm sure we'll be back to winning again. It's not like you can lose four in a row or something." He turned to a conveniently opened laptop that showed had as its wallpaper a picture of a large mountain. "Look, see if I use this jpeg of TNA superstar Booby Roode, I can make him climb the face of the mountain. Then he descends on the other side. Up and down, that's perfectly natural."

The reporters would have sought an excuse to go talk to inky, but since the other locker room was filled with :tem: and :shittydog: chasing each other in clouds of bizarre emoticons, all we could do was sit and stare sadly at CaptainYesterday.

GAME NOTES

- Triples!? What kind of dark sorcery is this.

- Gaylord Perry must have been inspired by Walt's last game CGSO, pitching all nine innings with only a single earned run.

- Lightning: 8 Ks, 0 walks. That's very very bad.

- Larry Dierker no bueno.

Box Score

Game 5: Achewood Stoned Lightning @ The Gay Agenda (Series Tied 2-2)

YET ANOTHER SHUTOUT PUTS GAY AGENDA ONE WIN FROM SUB-PAR BOWL BERTH

The Other City That's Not Sydney. No, Not Perth. - Maybe it's something in the water, maybe it's the fact it's spring in the southern hemisphere, when in its native environment it is fall and naturally thoughts turn to the slow winding down of life in preparation of a cold hibernation. Whatever the case may be, the Gay Agenda have roared to life in a way that defies simple explanation, with a dominating performance both behind its starting pitcher and at the plate to take the series lead 3-2.

The game started with a taut edge that defied the apparent inactivity of the scoreboard. Hits would be had, bases claimed, but the defense of both teams seemed preternaturally alert, foreclosing any scoring attempts and shutting down the run production of both teams. In this charged environment the first slip would result in disaster.

As it happened, that most dubious honor went to the Stoned Lightning. In the 5th, with Sam Rice on third and Juan Marichal at the plate, CaptainYesterday signaled for the infield to be brought in. This would be a safe bet, since it's a pitcher. But this being a series where all rational analysis often makes fools of those hoping for a sensible explanation of reality, Marichal hit a nice, long fly out to right field, giving Rice ample time to tag up and score.

To rub it in, in the 6th, the Agenda more or less mirrored the strategy, bringing in the infield to guard against Mike Donlin at third from scoring. However, the meatiest part of the Lightning batting order failed, with Bonds striking out and Bagwell hitting a flyout to strand Donlin in prime position. This, sadly, represented the best chance for the Lightning to score, and the wily Marichal would not allow any real threats to materialize. The double doubles by Rice and Dietz to pad the score 3-0 merely illuminated the gravity of the Lightning's failures.

"Oh no, oh no. How can this be?" fretted a visibly anxious CaptainYesterday. "Everything was coming together. I won the division and the Gay Agenda, no offense to them, they seem like nice people, but I didn't think they'd be this much trouble." He fell silent, pondering the decisions in his life that brought him to this juncture. "There was that thing with Smasher at the end of the EC, but that turned out okay. Trusting in Correa all season didn't go too badly I suppose. I did trade him..." He looked at Correa quietly packing his gear for the trip back home. "Maybe...no. If life is the sum of our decisions and our path a series of switchbacks climbing the cliffs of mortality, then I have nothing to regret for the time remaining is too short and too valuable to be spent in a futile attempt to undo the past."

For their part, inky did something incomprehensible. It involved dancing bananas. Look, I don't want to talk about it, thinking about the situation makes me irritable.

The series will conclude, come hell or more hell, in Achewood.

GAME NOTES

- Johnson, Perry, and now Marichal have all done their parts to both suppress runs and generate them on behalf of their teams. What an incredible performance.

- Dick Dietz scored a run, then TOOTBLAN'ed at third. Sigh.

- Hey Lightning, do you want to draw some walks? No? You sure? They're great for your offense? If you insist, you're an adult but I think this is a mistake. Fine, fine, I'll stop bothering you about it.

Box Score

Game 6: The Gay Agenda @ Achewood Stoned Lightning (GAY leads 3-2)

Remarks by Dr. Ben Carson at Liberty University
[Ed.: Fact checking by Politco.com]

Good evening. As you, God-fearing Christians may know, there is a scourge upon us. The liberal-biased press, slandering my good name. The out-of-control Supreme Court granting so-called rights on sinners and criminals. Planned Parenthood literally murdering babies in their billions. But this pales in comparison to that den of iniquity that has invaded our very shores. You know that of which I speak: The Gay Agenda.

They have perverted our sense of the natural way of marriage, and have perverted the very sport of our great nation. And now, they arrive to steal a championship from a hard-working American team!1 Is this what America has come to? Let me tell you that I was a scholar-athlete at Yale2 and I would not have let these abominations run away with the game like they did last night.

Were I President, I would not have, in the second inning, struck out and leave our good, heterosexual men on bases unable to reach home. Chipper Jones is a moral coward who cannot stand up for family values. I certainly would not have let those sodomites advance on a Gander Goslin3 double to score a run, nor let Sam Rice do the same. That's a weakness I hope to stamp out of our hometown baseball teams, lacking as it is in the fortitude to defend traditional beliefs.

The fact that Carlos Correa, a known immigrant4 kept striking out or grounding out is proof that immigration reform doesn't work. Keep American jobs for Americans.

Now, listen. I have gay friends. I have to respect the power that drove George Brett5 to slam a homer, the only one of the entire series, to drive two more runs in. Why can't we do this with American teams? How is it that it takes a gay Australian6 to do what America was great at before? This must not come to pass. Just as Joseph built the Pyramids to store grain7, so too my platform will include a bill to ensure we return to our peak dinger production as it was in the glory of our past.8.

It's not all bad. We have a basis for optimism, where we have the parts to make America great again. But it is not enough, to go up in the 9th and score a poor two runs. That's something I would not have done in Yale9, to settle for less. We will drive forward and secure the GLCS trophy again for our nation, a marvelous silver cup10 that our forebears brought forth decades11 ago at great cost.

Pray with me. Oh Lord, we come before You to seek forgiveness in failing to live Biblical lives, to not give up home runs as You decreed in Leviticus 13.12 We pray that you will grant us the strength to part through the cloud of lies and many ugly emoticons that surround inky13 and bring Your love and judgment. We also pray for the soul of the lost CaptainYesterday, who retreated to his room to play with his sinful dolls14 and will not face those Americans who he let down in this dire time.15 We pray that TheMcD is of good Christian character and will take the Sub-Par League championship, though he is Austrian.16 We speak these things in Your Name. Amen.

Please don't forget to vote during the primary, I and all of those seeking religious freedom depend on you to make the right choice.

Footnotes:
  1. Technically the team is Australian but the owner is American.
  2. Yale has no record of any sort of athletic activity. Most of his days seem to be spent working on an autobiography.
  3. Goose Goslin. God.
  4. Correa is from Puerto Rico, which we last checked is American territory.
  5. Brett is not gay, to the best of our knowledge.
  6. Neither is Brett Australian! Holy cow.
  7. Do we need to comment on this one?
  8. Peak dingers were in Mexico, and it was two weeks ago.
  9. Carson was known to have settled for a lot less.
  10. Spray painted silver Pabst Blue Ribbon beer can.
  11. Hand crafted two hours before the trophy presentation.
  12. Leviticus 13 is actually a chapter on examining skin sores for leprosy.
  13. There actually was a cloud of emoticons. We're still trying to figure out how this is possible.
  14. Uh...yeah, he has those dolls. He could not be reached for comment.
  15. Most Americans polled have mostly disgust for the Sub-Par League, and have expressed the sentiment that they'd rather disband than enter play in it.
  16. TheMcD is German.

[Ed: honestly, it would have been easier to pick out what was not wrong]

FURTHER "CLARIFICATIONS" BY THE CARSON CAMPAIGN:

- The Lightning finally drew two walks! Too bad the Agenda drew nine.

- Walter Johnson is the very model of efficiency.

- Dick Dietz! Now both a funny name and completely terrible at getting on base.

- gently caress, gently caress gently caress my pick'em. God loving dammit.

Box Score

Pick 'em: The Gauntlet, Round 3
Pick TWO!

Antigua Unspecifieds
Genoa Janus
Mitt Romney and the Gang
New York Winners

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Lineups stay the same other than please insert Ted Simmons as catcher in both lineups.

SP1 Walter Johnson
SP2 Satchel Paige
SP3 Deacon Philippe
SP4 Cy Young
MU Sid Fernandez

CL Mariano Rivera
SU Billy Wagner
SR Mark Eichhorn
SR Billy Wagner
MR Juan Marichal
LR Joe McGinnity

slider changes
Pitching Around Good Hitters: 0
Bringing the Infield In: -5
Guarding the Lines: -5

Thank you Smasher!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Pick TWO!

Genoa Janus
Mitt Romney and the Gang

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Pick TWO!

Genoa Janus
New York Winners

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
IM SO HAPPY

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
PICK THEM

Janus
Winners

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
:angel: Everytime someone picks the winners a mets player gets their wings :angel:

GenericGirlName fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 12, 2015

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

GenericGirlName posted:

:angel: Everytime someone picks the winners a mets player gets their wings :angel:

If you mean because it's going to cause Mets players to die and become angels, then I have no particular opposition to this.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Smasher Dynamo posted:

If you mean because it's going to cause Mets players to die and become angels, then I have no particular opposition to this.

Murphy to Angels confirmed.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I guess nothing new here. Same as before? Would Kersh be starting game 1 again?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Pander posted:

I guess nothing new here. Same as before? Would Kersh be starting game 1 again?

He is, but I think all of your pitchers are rested enough.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

He is, but I think all of your pitchers are rested enough.

well that's good. Orosco needed a rest after throwing 110 pitches in a sweep for some reason.

I guess I'll stick with what I got. Seemed to work out okay.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Pick TWO!
Genoa Janus
Mitt Romney and the Gang

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Pick TWO!

Genoa Janus
Mitt Romney and the Gang

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Pick TWO!
Antigua Unspecifieds
Genoa Janus
Mitt Romney and the Gang

New York Winners

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Pick TWO!

Genoa Janus
New York Winners

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Romney
Winners

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Y'all are putting a lot of pressure on me, jeez.

e: thank you kw

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Mornacale posted:

Y'all are putting a lot of pressure on me, jeez.

e: thank you kw

Hey, if you can't trust a Pirates fan to know about surviving despite not being very good, who can you trust?

(e: my wife and her family are Pirates fans I kid because I love)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I stopped doing pick 'em' awhile ago but i am going to pick my friend THE GENOA JANUS and also i am going to predict the other three teams are eaten by wild dogs and cannot continue

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

rabidsquid posted:

I stopped doing pick 'em' awhile ago but i am going to pick my friend THE GENOA JANUS and also i am going to predict the other three teams are eaten by wild dogs and cannot continue

The pick 'em is only for EC teams so your prediction, while true, will give you no benefit.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I can't wait for those teams to get eaten by wild dogs. Exciting times in the sub-par league

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

FairGame posted:

The success of the Hope's Peak Despair and their rotation of Schillings has taught me that this is clearly the way to success! I will selectively ignore the Coldplayers and Commission for the purpose of this analysis!

To that end, I would like to acquire ALL OF THE KEVIN BROWNS in the league.

If you have a Brown of a reasonable age, I would like to trade one of my starting pitchers for him! My starting pitchers are:

1.) Roy Halladay
2.) Roger Clemens
3.) Whitey Ford

all of them are of a reasonable age (25-32, I think). If you have a Kevin Brown, let's talk!

e: I also have a Vic Willis (HoF deadballer who hasn't translated well into the Super League, though he's had a decent season here and there. He could be traded for a subprime Brown.)

Id be interested in trading my 1998 Kevin Brown for Roger Clemens. Is there anyway you'd throw in Ross Barnes as well?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Okay, here's the stuff, in the unlikely event that we don't lose.

1. Juan Marichal
2. Steve Carlton
3. Stephen Strasburg
4. Rick Reuschel
Mopup: Doc White

:siren: Unless the series went 5 games, which would make Marichal tired, so switch him and Strasburg.
I want Carlton pitching on the road both times, game 2 and 6
Bullpen is the same

Lineup vs. LHP, just a batting order change.
1. CF Billy Hamilton
2. 3B George Kell
3. LF Ted Williams
4. RF Babe Ruth
5. C Wally Schang
6. 1B Mickey Mantle
7. DH Hank Aaron
8. SS Alex Rodriguez
9. 2B Ryne Sandberg

Send down Prince Fielder, call up, gently caress, I don't know. Konerko. Actually, yes, call up Konerko, this is my master plan to break Pander's heart by using his favorite player of all time against him, mwahaha.

Can I have a lineup for home games? Actually, after consideration, this would also just be a batting order change. So it's not really a big deal either way.
1. Hamilton
2. Mantle
3. Williams
4. Ruth
5. Aaron
6. Rod
7. Schang
8. Sandberg
9. Kell

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

johnfw50 posted:

Id be interested in trading my 1998 Kevin Brown for Roger Clemens. Is there anyway you'd throw in Ross Barnes as well?

Maybe for something small as an add in like a bullpen lottery ticket or something. Do you have a team spreadsheet or anything?

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

FairGame posted:

Maybe for something small as an add in like a bullpen lottery ticket or something. Do you have a team spreadsheet or anything?

Yup. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18goAOH3Q18DEYN9mvFCQYi3BGGi-0FBYqP6nDK4F4Ws/htmlview

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Do you still have John Candelaria from the 81 Pirates? If so, can he be the add on? I need another lefty bullpen dude.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Hold up, I want Ross Barnes too! An all-contact, no-defense infielder is practically my team philosophy distilled down to a single player! I believe the asking price I remember was a fourth rounder? We'd still need to do the lottery to see how those picks end up, though. Also, I have a wide variety of bullpen crap available too.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

TheMcD posted:

Hold up, I want Ross Barnes too! An all-contact, no-defense infielder is practically my team philosophy distilled down to a single player! I believe the asking price I remember was a fourth rounder? We'd still need to do the lottery to see how those picks end up, though. Also, I have a wide variety of bullpen crap available too.

I thought you only wanted him if you were in the DH league. And if you won the Subpar Finals you were going to go non-DH.

And, uh...no offense to The Gay Agenda, but I really can't see them winning.

In any event, johnfw50, I think our trade has to be on hold for now unless you're cool with doing Clemens for Brown, straight up. Gotta be loyal to my Alter Egos tag team partner :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

FairGame posted:

I thought you only wanted him if you were in the DH league. And if you won the Subpar Finals you were going to go non-DH.

And, uh...no offense to The Gay Agenda, but I really can't see them winning.

In any event, johnfw50, I think our trade has to be on hold for now unless you're cool with doing Clemens for Brown, straight up. Gotta be loyal to my Alter Egos tag team partner :D

Well, to elaborate, the trade only makes sense if I'm going to a DH league. Key word being "makes sense". Then I remembered that I'm running a team that has a pitching staff that primarily consists of Curt Schilling and has a baby Madison Bumgarner as its ace. poo poo don't make sense to start with. Besides, if I'm going no-DH, I need a pinch hitter, and Barnes would be perfect! And I can just slot him in the infield should some big injury occur - either if somebody in the infield dies, I shift him to 3B somehow, or if somebody in the outfield dies, I shift Teddy to that position and Barnes to 1B.