Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Youth Code continue to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

As a total shill for Youth Code... this isn't that great?

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
I like it, even though it sounds as a mash up of songs of their previous album.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

I think it's a great song, just didn't hook me like Consuming Guilt.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

I think I like Shift of Dismay slightly better.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

chime_on posted:

Forced Exposure says they don't think a repress is happening. Norman Records says a repress ISN'T happening.

I get that you and I are the only people in this thread talking about this, and we both bought them all, but still, everyone-- these cost $9.50 a pop 2 weeks ago. Going for around $30 a pop today on discogs.

To talk about the music a little bit-- holy poo poo, the Horse Rotorvator demos on The Wheel CD are amazing. It's so great to hear Coil's process a little bit, to pick up on all the little things they TOOK OUT of these songs before they were officially released. Similarly, the unreleased stuff on the Hellraiser disc is top notch. That last track, with the loop that begins to gradually slow down more and more-- holy poo poo.

Good news for those who missed the first batch and were hoping for more:

http://brainwashed.com/bark/projects-coil.html

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The Prodigy performs in Helsinki in just a couple of hours

my body is ready :getin:

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Anyone else going to Birthday Massacre/Combichrist at The Abbey in Chicago tomorrow? It's a 17+ show, and part of me is afraid I'm going to be the only one in my late 20s.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Chainsawdomy posted:

Anyone else going to Birthday Massacre/Combichrist at The Abbey in Chicago tomorrow? It's a 17+ show, and part of me is afraid I'm going to be the only one in my late 20s.

This is Sat in Denver. I'm so in.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Skinny Puppy and Youth Code tonight in Houston. Looking forward to it, since the last show here the venue was absolutely hosed.

UPDATE:

Youth Code killed it. So much energy and they are way cool people. This was hands down the best Skinny Puppy set list I have witnessed. Other than "Village", everything was The Process or older, andholyshittheyplayedkillinggame.

Long gone are the extravagant costumes and gore, but they still bring it and I still sing along to "Worlock" with the rest of the old buggers in the crowd.

hatelull fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 6, 2015

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Going to catch them in Cleveland next weekend. I can't wait.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Godmachine posted:

Not really industrial but one of my favorites. Check these bands out:
Linea Aspera - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1JplpqHkPw
She Past Away - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy2x_kHCy4w
Lebanon Hanover - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPw7nlluRdc
Cold Cave - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWyWJr0FlYI

These are all excellent, thank you!

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Who knew Thrill Kill Kult was on tour? http://www.songkick.com/concerts/24110954-my-life-with-the-thrill-kill-kult-at-oriental-theater

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQzhwls2Ubk

Acoustic KMFDM sounds great, actually.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

I was expecting a joke track like this unplugged Iszoloscope one

http://iszoloscope.bandcamp.com/track/unplugged

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Chainsawdomy posted:

Fun show! I'm 33, though I think we were at 21+ show.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

If you like The Process then you will really like this current SP tour.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Went to the Youth Code/Skinny Puppy show in Baltimore last night, and I don't know if my ears are ever going to stop ringing. Youth Code owns a lot live.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

ANAmal.net posted:

Went to the Youth Code/Skinny Puppy show in Baltimore last night, and I don't know if my ears are ever going to stop ringing. Youth Code owns a lot live.

Please wear ear protection.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

ANAmal.net posted:

I think that was one of the best SP performances I've seen (post reunion). Also got a few compliments on my Chelsea Wolfe shirt.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I usually do, I hosed my hearing up pretty bad from going to shows when I was younger, and eventually learned my lesson. :smith: I forgot them this time, and resorted to jamming wadded-up cocktail napkins in my ears because I drank too much and just had to get up front for a while. Which kinda helped, but I ended up spending most of the show in the back of the room anyway. Not far enough back I guess, but that venue is kind of stupid loud.

ohrwurm posted:

I think that was one of the best SP performances I've seen (post reunion). Also got a few compliments on my Chelsea Wolfe shirt.

I've only seen them once before, a few years ago in Silver Spring, and this was definitely a better performance.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Note for young people: CAT rear end now!!! is not joking about this. In my twenties I was that guy who happily went and stood in front of the speakers and didn't bother with ear protection at brutally loud festivals. Now I'm in my thirties and have tinnitus, which isn't as fun.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Wulfband was introduced to me by this thread a while back but there is a dearth of information available about them and my German II knowledge from a decade and a half ago isn't exactly up to snuff.

Are the last 30 seconds of the EISZEITGEIST video from a different song and if so, does anyone know the title?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Note for young people: CAT rear end now!!! is not joking about this. In my twenties I was that guy who happily went and stood in front of the speakers and didn't bother with ear protection at brutally loud festivals. Now I'm in my thirties and have tinnitus, which isn't as fun.

No doubt. What really cemented it for me was seeing Einstürzende Neubauten at the Commodore in Vancouver. They were so brutally loud, that I couldn't distinguish anything other than pain without ear plugs in. With the ear plugs, they sounded loving amazing. Mind blowingly better than on their recorded music. After that, it was ear plugs all the way at every concert.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Wulfband make a point of saying very little about themselves. Like Masked Intruder, but for EBM instead of taking the piss out of pop punk.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
So there's a new Haujobb album out, and it's pretty good.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Now I'm in my thirties and have tinnitus, which isn't as fun.

Hey there tinnitus brotha!
:hfive:

I remember catching a stupid loud Ministry concert around 2007, and after that show I've had a slight 17khz tone playing in the background of my life.

Ninja edit: New Haujobb is also very moody and cool.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Laibach is playing their Sound of Music tour in Stockholm on the 17th of January. Sweet!

Hedenius fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Nov 12, 2015

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

ANAmal.net posted:

I usually do, I hosed my hearing up pretty bad from going to shows when I was younger, and eventually learned my lesson. :smith: I forgot them this time, and resorted to jamming wadded-up cocktail napkins in my ears because I drank too much and just had to get up front for a while. Which kinda helped, but I ended up spending most of the show in the back of the room anyway. Not far enough back I guess, but that venue is kind of stupid loud.

Well, it's good that you at least you usually do :) Just always, always carry a pair with you somehow. I have two pairs of 15 € ear plugs, one pair of which I always carry in my messenger bag and the other is at home. Also, you should be able to buy (awful) ear plugs at just about any concert venue. If you can't, it's an exceptionally shameful concert venue and you should probably shoot them an email about it.

Although I very occasionally get a really soft beep in my left ear (not enough to keep me awake, for example), I've managed to escape any actually serious hearing damage even though I went to plenty of festivals and concerts without ear protection when I was a bit younger and plenty dumber. Then I read up on hearing loss enough to scare me into never, ever going to concerts without having some with me again. A slight drop in volume is a tiny price to pay for keeping one of your coolest senses healthy - not to mention that most live music actually sounds better with even semi-decent ear plugs on, just like B33rChiller said.

The place where D.A.F played this past Saturday had their poo poo just absurdly loud - like, louder than most big festivals I've been to! I weep for the people without any protection, and there were plenty, because I'm sure at least some of them got their ears thoroughly and permanently hosed :(

Potential BFF posted:

Wulfband was introduced to me by this thread a while back but there is a dearth of information available about them and my German II knowledge from a decade and a half ago isn't exactly up to snuff.

Don't worry, their German isn't up to snuff either :v:

Hedenius posted:

Laibach is playing their Sound of Music tour in Stockholm on the 17th of January. Sweet!

gently caress

and they aren't coming to Finland, it looks like

I..... I need to consider this :argh:

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I play Gruntsplatter's The Death Fires when I sleep because the songs have high pitch frequency sounds buzzing over the drone that cancels out my tinnitus.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Don't worry, their German isn't up to snuff either :v:

I don't even speak German and it's pretty obvious that they're benefiting from working in a genre where short, simple statements are acceptable lyrics.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/track/downpour

:eyepop:

elektroboot
Nov 7, 2004

god yes, I came here to post about the new DWIFH

it is... pretty dark

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

elektroboot posted:

god yes, I came here to post about the new DWIFH

it is... pretty dark
I've been in a dark mood. I'm also listening to Diary of Dreams! :stare:

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Dead When I Found Her is so good.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

The latest podcast from ID:YD has an interview with DWIFH, too. He says he has made a doom jazz album that he plans to release at some point.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I definitely hear that jazz (almost gospel) influence in the choruses on the song Misericordia. It's noirish and cool.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Youth Code was amazing live. I really dug their set. Skinny Puppy was also awesome as usual. They should have went straight into Death from Jahya though since the ended up playing it a couple songs later anyway. I would have actually dug maybe one or two post-Process songs, but probably not what the crowd was there to hear.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Ogre is working on a side project that may involve Grimes

:chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

ohrwurm posted:

Ogre is working on a side project that may involve Grimes

:chanpop: