Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Is there any way to turn bloom(or whatever this is called) off on PC? The green crap around the aimpoint on sights makes it impossible to see anything at night.

Well I can see everything, just not the drat thing under my bright rear end green sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

The Insect Court posted:

Can anyone give me a non-spoilery hint to nudge me in the right direction? Assuming that it just doesn't open up during the main quest or that it really is as dull as it seems.

Do the quest a tiny person gives you in that location that requires you to leave that location. When you've come back to turn in that quest, go to a place of healing in that location.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

The Insect Court posted:

I assume thing is Vault 81, I've come to the same conclusion despite searching high and low inside it. The only thing I haven't unlocked is a single master-level terminal. Can anyone give me a non-spoilery hint to nudge me in the right direction? Assuming that it just doesn't open up during the main quest or that it really is as dull as it seems.
^^^^^^^ e:fb

Go visit it again, and make sure to talk to everyone. If nothing happens, make sure to do any outstanding quests there. There is absolutely something that does happen. Don't unlock the terminal yet.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

the grognak armor is pretty great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEHiBo9CKhc&hd=1

really hope they let you separate power attack and grenade though, it's just not safe.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Tamayachi posted:

Also, I have some leg armor that basically gives me Bullet Time when my health drops below 20%, it's soooooo nice.

Yeah I got that drop too. Saves my rear end cause my dudes not really build for fighting and Piper aint much help, even with an "enraging" laser rifle.

Anyone know what happens when you max out a companions affection? Aside from being able to romance them, do you get a quest from them?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Asked this in the other thread but I'll put it here too I guess:

I just did the quest Human Error on my good guy character, and I'm not sure I did the right thing. I sweet-talked my way into a meeting with the doctor, and I refused her offer and killed her. I figure this is the good ending, until I go back to Covenant and all the PTSD-addled citizens attack me and I have to kill them all. Am I overthinking things, or did I mess up and take the eviler of the two sides here?

The only reason I question it is that the people in Covenant seem innocent, they were tortured, found out to be human, and sent to this place to rehab.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's a really fun game and I'm playing as mama from dredd

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

isndl posted:

Has anyone tried the perks that let you befriend/intimidate enemies? What kind of orders do they let you issue?

You can tell them to remove their clothing and/or lay face down on the ground.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."
From what I understand, you can give armor and poo poo to companions and they should wear it. I tried to give armor to dudes in the starting town (Im still early in the game) and nobody will wear anything. I gave them all pistols and ammo and they seem to have equipped them just fine though. Is there anything I should put on these dudes? Also, I noticed you can trade with codsworth, but he's got nothing to offer. Would he benefit if I gave him anything? I'm not going to use him as a companion. Speaking of companions: I'm using Dogmeat. I've tried to put things in his inventory to get him to wear poo poo, but I havent found any kind of armor for dogs yet. I noticed he wont wear a harness (obviously this harness is made for BDSM raider types, not dogs... was worth a try though) and he also wont even wear a dog collar. I guess those are meant to be worn on your arm for some loving reason, and not your dog. :confused:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Can you use VATS with grenades or do they have to be thrown manually always?

Also, repeat on the ammo question: where can I reliably buy/find more, especially for shotguns and laser rifles?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Nerolus posted:

From what I understand, you can give armor and poo poo to companions and they should wear it. I tried to give armor to dudes in the starting town (Im still early in the game) and nobody will wear anything. I gave them all pistols and ammo and they seem to have equipped them just fine though. Is there anything I should put on these dudes? Also, I noticed you can trade with codsworth, but he's got nothing to offer. Would he benefit if I gave him anything? I'm not going to use him as a companion. Speaking of companions: I'm using Dogmeat. I've tried to put things in his inventory to get him to wear poo poo, but I havent found any kind of armor for dogs yet. I noticed he wont wear a harness (obviously this harness is made for BDSM raider types, not dogs... was worth a try though) and he also wont even wear a dog collar. I guess those are meant to be worn on your arm for some loving reason, and not your dog. :confused:

Once you give Dogmeat some cool stuff like Doggy Goggles or Bandannas, you have to go into his inventory and select Equip as well.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

My two best pieces of armor are the chameleon shoulder and the leg that increases defenses by up to +35 the lower I go in health, so radiation makes me take less damage.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Is there any way to set a building/bed as mine? I built my town a big communal dorm while I live in a private luxury metal shack, but I keep finding random settlers sleeping in my bed.

TheIllestVillain posted:

so im playing it on PS4 and im pretty sure the Brotherhood of Steel quest is broken beyond repair for me, i did the first initiate mission but i cant seem to return to the cambridge police station without the world literally breaking, like i enter and everything is falling and the world is just grey. i tried multiple reloads and applied the latest updates but no dice.

everything else is fine so im thinking of just skipping it, am i missing out on much?

I can't tell you if you're missing anything, but I have the same bug on PC, so you're not alone. There are several search results on reddit for the same issue, but no solutions so far. I was able to turn on noclip and stop every single object in the building from falling in order to turn in the quest, but somewhere in the mix the door to the outside world disappeared, so there's no way to exit the police station. Getting on the roof and entering from there doesn't work either.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I really like keeping the map open on the Pip-Boy app. No more constantly opening the in-game map because my sense of direction sucks. The arrow on the app is really responsive too.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
Holy loving poo poo you guys I found the thing that crashed

:allears:

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
probably because of its dumb engine wings i would guess

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

TheIllestVillain posted:

so im playing it on PS4 and im pretty sure the Brotherhood of Steel quest is broken beyond repair for me, i did the first initiate mission but i cant seem to return to the cambridge police station without the world literally breaking, like i enter and everything is falling and the world is just grey. i tried multiple reloads and applied the latest updates but no dice.

everything else is fine so im thinking of just skipping it, am i missing out on much?

Did you try closing the app down and restarting it? As I discovered, loading a game doesn't always put you in the exact same state as before.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

My two best pieces of armor are the chameleon shoulder and the leg that increases defenses by up to +35 the lower I go in health, so radiation makes me take less damage.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Slogged through Vault 95 and ended up finding the Heavy Weapons Bobblehead but part of the Vault was blocked off by a Master terminal. Luckily I had a perk point so I saved before the door and bought the perk, and proceeded to clear out the rest of the area. Behind the door was just more mobs and turrets, and just not any good loot at all, not even containers. A suspicious room at the very end, a "detox" chair, but I couldn't operate the terminal because the chair needed a subject. Am I missing something?

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

The Mantis posted:

probably because of its dumb engine wings i would guess

:agreed:

Why do some sentry bots seem harder/easier than others? I swear I killed one with 3 upgraded combat shotgun blasts once. Just tried that again and it definitely did NOT work :rip:

OTOH, I did find out that the Gamma Gun is both cool and good.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Anyone else suddenly getting their gun stock slammed into their face?

Here's my gun from a few hours ago

and here it is now. I have not modded it inbetween

Notice behind the ammo count. That moves when I do

I can't keep playing like this. Swapping guns via hotkeys now takes like 10 second from press to gun out.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

God drat setting up multiple settlements in a row is rough, better take a break and HARVEST MORE OIL AND SCREWS.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Hollenhammer posted:

Anyone else suddenly getting their gun stock slammed into their face?

Here's my gun from a few hours ago

and here it is now. I have not modded it inbetween

Notice behind the ammo count. That moves when I do

I can't keep playing like this. Swapping guns via hotkeys now takes like 10 second from press to gun out.

Let me guess - you're wearing a big iron-barred raider chestpiece? I had the same thing happen to me, I assume it's part of the arm or shoulder coming up in your face.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Zodack posted:

Let me guess - you're wearing a big iron-barred raider chestpiece? I had the same thing happen to me, I assume it's part of the arm or shoulder coming up in your face.

Well yeah, but when i went and modded the stock off the gun, it went away
e: and its not there for other guns

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Anyone know if you can equip codsworth with items like your other companions?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/214/

I made a carry weight mod if for some reason you don't want to use console commands.

E: I also created an esp that contains all the nonstring GMSTs for easy gameplay changes.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/210/

Creating mods without the GECK is a gigantic pain in the rear end, but it's possible!

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Nov 12, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hollenhammer posted:

Well yeah, but when i went and modded the stock off the gun, it went away
e: and its not there for other guns

It's because of the way your character holds the gun. The shoulder clips into view of the camera.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Exit the drat menu and stand up faster, twinkletoes.

Zeron posted:

If you assign a settler to any plant it will automatically cue up for 6 food production total (12 0.5 food plants or 6 Mutfruit plans).
I don't get it, I keep making more food resources and my settlers can't work food better than 1:1. I feel like this is a giant timesink, the more I invest in the base building the more they want. Also for all the effort I get nothing in return.

Is there any reason not to shoot the old lady that keeps asking me to build a chair when there are chairs loving everywhere?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Sanctum posted:

Is there any reason not to shoot the old lady that keeps asking me to build a chair when there are chairs loving everywhere?

Her vast, drug fueled psychic powers can give you an advantage in later encounters.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

conversation piece posted:

Holy loving poo poo you guys I found the thing that crashed

Nah, the plane is always there. What you heard/saw crashing is something else.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Does the institute have a trader anywhere?

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Anyone know where to get a biometric scanner? I've searched like 3 hospitals and haven't found one

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Hahahaha. I got real curious about one thing during the Human Error quest, quicksaved and tested out various possible outcomes.

The test to get into Covenant is just a repurposed version of the GOAT from Fallout 3.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

CJacobs posted:

It's because of the way your character holds the gun. The shoulder clips into view of the camera.

But look at the first picture. It's not there at all. The gun hasn't changed

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

What's the difference between hard and very hard?

Also for PC dudes, should I use KB+M or my 350 controller?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bob NewSCART posted:

What's the difference between hard and very hard?

Also for PC dudes, should I use KB+M or my 350 controller?

The difference between difficulties is mostly that enemies deal more damage and you do less (also I think legendary enemies spawn more often on harder difficulties)

The PC interface/controls are pretty awful but personally I still prefer KBM in this game. You should probably test both and see which one you like more.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Boogaleeboo posted:

Her vast, drug fueled psychic powers can give you an advantage in later encounters.

This is so stupid that she can actually predict future. I'd like it was just a stupid hallucinations from too much Jet.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Manatee Cannon posted:

poo poo, I don't own any free stations and I can't make them yet (there's the one in diamond city but I dunno if that's safe since I don't own it)

wonder what would happen if I made a free floating platform in a settlement that you had to jump to and placed the armor on it? I guess I do still have spare suits of power armor anyway...

Just pull the battery out after you finish using it.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Andrast posted:

The difference between difficulties is mostly that enemies deal more damage and you do less (also I think legendary enemies spawn more often on harder difficulties)

Lack of Legendary enemies will lead you to finish this game without any funny weapon you get from that guys. But bullet-soaking is real and very stupid.

Look, there is a radroach, I should shoot it twice with my combat shotgun in close range to kill it. Roaches of steel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Longshot007 posted:

Anyone know where to get a biometric scanner? I've searched like 3 hospitals and haven't found one

Turret loot.

• Locked thread