Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yea, I remember the first time I got a mouse I gave it a shot with Duke Nukem. It was loving terrible and I never used it. I didn't even know Doom had mouse support at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Everytime I do MiniLuv auth and recruitment, I'm reminded of how retarded goons, allies, kf and literally everyone in this game is. Vyst and Co., I can't imagine how you guys have done auth and recruitment so long without lobotomizing yourself with a sawed off shotgun.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Yea I looked it up and while it did indeed support the mouse, it wasn't mouse support in any form that a modern shooter would resemble, the mouse was basically a replacement for the up down left right arrow keys, so you had to move a bunch of keys around and do some .cfg fuckery.

Eh. You used the mouse to look around. So much like how it's used today.
Sure, you didn't look up and down, but that was because those directions didn't exist — they were really just 2D games with height-tagged regions. Even Duke's up/down was just a nasty form of tilt-shift.

Yes, you had to configure your controls. We still do that because it's a handy feature for a game to have (and turning off mouse movement in Doom was a pro choice). If for some reason you wanted movement and turning on both the keyboard and the mouse at once, you could do that just fine.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 12, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Everytime I do MiniLuv auth and recruitment, I'm reminded of how retarded goons, allies, kf and literally everyone in this game is. Vyst and Co., I can't imagine how you guys have done auth and recruitment so long without lobotomizing yourself with a sawed off shotgun.

Try doing it when dozens of people were applying a week or sometimes in a day :suicide:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
According to CCP "only 1.1%" of all players on a random day were doing courier missions. Or, put rationally, there are 1000 times more people doing courier missions than there should be.

https://www.themittani.com/news/ccp-releases-charts-details-eve-economy

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Maneck posted:

According to CCP "only 1.1%" of all players on a random day were doing courier missions. Or, put rationally, there are 1000 times more people doing courier missions than there should be.

https://www.themittani.com/news/ccp-releases-charts-details-eve-economy

The best part of that devblog was this paragraph:

You can see some interesting and unexpected things like the fact that only 1.5% of players run Incursions and 13.8% of players engage in PVP on any given day. The former is especially interesting considering the fact that incursion payouts were the 3rd largest ISK faucet in September, at 8.3T ISK, which you'll see this later in this blog, and on top of this is the added value of Concord LP payouts for clearing incursions.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

LemonDrizzle posted:

The best part of that devblog was this paragraph:

You can see some interesting and unexpected things like the fact that only 1.5% of players run Incursions and 13.8% of players engage in PVP on any given day. The former is especially interesting considering the fact that incursion payouts were the 3rd largest ISK faucet in September, at 8.3T ISK, which you'll see this later in this blog, and on top of this is the added value of Concord LP payouts for clearing incursions.

so in order to bring that into balance they added a new type of incursion

so incursions will be able to be farmed by twice as many people

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Glory of Arioch posted:

Someday they're going to implement incursions in wormholes. We'll see you on social media, Mountain Dew-laden spittle flying as you lay waste to the Doritos section in some poor gas station, your rage and angst there for all to see. Thankfully, you'll probably find some way to game the gently caress out of it and you'll make pubbies cry on E-O, so all will be well in the end.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ynglaur posted:

Mountain Dew-laden spittle flying as you lay waste to the Doritos section
:gop:

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?
That will be the final step in his transition to Quevlern Qoblin

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

ullerrm posted:

Dust actually supports KBM play, natively -- just plug a USB keyboard and mouse into the ports on the front of the machine. It's the only sensible way to play it.

(And even if it didn't, there are devices like the XIM that emulate a controller based on KB+M input. XIM users are basically the loving bane of Destiny PvP at the moment.)

And every other controller-based shooter with PVP. There are several guys that use them for Destiny that post in the SA thread. From the descriptions it sounds a lot like it's not far removed from a hardware aimbot as it will automatically counter recoil and poo poo that controller players have to manually adjust for.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Yep, XIM has macroable ballistics. You can set a profile for a given weapon load out (I.e. "I always pvp with a Zhalo Supercell") and it'll adjust accordingly.

It sucks, but it's a nice thing that Destiny in TYOOL 2015 is determined by your input, and not by "I was/wasn't willing to grind out a hunter and a Thorn." Balance has come a HUGE way, and Destiny is probably my biggest time sink now, followed by FO4 and Eve.

e: Except for Mayhem Rumble, in which case Destiny is "either be a sunlock or suntitan or be easy kill fodder," because Luke Smith sucks wet farts from pigeons' arseholes

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 12, 2015

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Glory of Arioch posted:

:ccp:

Incursion may be nerfed in a sneaky way if and when logi get nerfed.
A 40 man HQ fleet now uses about 10 logi. If they need more tank or more logi, they will put out less dps or need more people and thus make less money.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
I remember actually being able to play this game, but when I just downloaded it again it's running at no more than 5-6 FPS even though I set everything to the lowest possible setting. So I guess they updated the graphics engine since the last time I played then?

-Anders fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Nov 12, 2015

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

-Anders posted:

I remember actually being able to play this game, but when I just downloaded it again it's running at no more than 5-6 FPS even though I set everything to the lowest possible setting. So I guess they updated the graphics engine since the last time I played then?

Are you using a Voodoo 2? I can't think of how else to get EVE to run at 5-6 fps on lowest settings.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

xtothez posted:

Are you using a Voodoo 2? I can't think of how else to get EVE to run at 5-6 fps on lowest settings.

No clue either, I updated my graphics drivers and rebooted and everything was running fine again :iiam:

Anyway: I am a returning idiot that wants to play this idiotic game again. Someone please delete the forums account with email hash 0b0a6c5456ca5818c34e1a043890c251 so I can be an idiot in space again.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

-Anders posted:

No clue either, I updated my graphics drivers and rebooted and everything was running fine again :iiam:

Anyway: I am a returning idiot that wants to play this idiotic game again. Someone please delete the forums account with email hash 0b0a6c5456ca5818c34e1a043890c251 so I can be an idiot in space again.

No.

That is not how it works. You'll need to retrieve your old goonfleet.com account details and then follow the instructions in this thread:

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/179171-are-you-vacationed-and-want-to-come-back-to-goonfleet/

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

darth cookie posted:

No.

That is not how it works. You'll need to retrieve your old goonfleet.com account details and then follow the instructions in this thread:

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/179171-are-you-vacationed-and-want-to-come-back-to-goonfleet/

Yes, this worked.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

xtothez posted:

There's quite a few non-graphic settings that can be changed, like brackets for one thing. I haven't played for a year and alot has changed.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.

ullerrm posted:

Dust actually supports KBM play, natively -- just plug a USB keyboard and mouse into the ports on the front of the machine. It's the only sensible way to play it.

(And even if it didn't, there are devices like the XIM that emulate a controller based on KB+M input. XIM users are basically the loving bane of Destiny PvP at the moment.)

I love my XIM4. I still need to hook the camera up to my PS4 and point it at my keyboard/mouse while I stream Destiny, just to see how much rage I generate.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

ShankyMcStabber posted:

I love my XIM4. I still need to hook the camera up to my PS4 and point it at my keyboard/mouse while I stream Destiny, just to see how much rage I generate.

Tell me about how you paied 150 extra bux to shoot badboys playing console games with your goddamn K and M

:frogbon:

Not.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.

froody guy posted:

Tell me about how you paied 150 extra bux to shoot badboys playing console games with your goddamn K and M

Not.

My PS4 is hooked to one of my computer monitors so I already play it at my computer desk. The cost of the XIM just meant I bought 2.5 less new games one month. Considering how many games it can be used in and the fact I can also use it on my XBone/PS3, I feel I get my money's worth.

And to be honest, $150 isn't really that much compared to some of my other hobbies. You should hear how much I have spent building my own Arcade Machine.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

froody guy posted:

Not.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:catbert:

e. :getout:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

LemonDrizzle posted:

You could equally argue that if they're very closely integrated, they're not really separate games at all and if you're getting messed up by dust players the problem is that you're bad at or have chosen to disregard one part of the game.

That argument was never going to work while they were on completely separate platforms though.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

ShankyMcStabber posted:

My PS4 is hooked to one of my computer monitors so I already play it at my computer desk. The cost of the XIM just meant I bought 2.5 less new games one month. Considering how many games it can be used in and the fact I can also use it on my XBone/PS3, I feel I get my money's worth.

And to be honest, $150 isn't really that much compared to some of my other hobbies. You should hear how much I have spent building my own Arcade Machine.

:allears: Please continue telling about how expensive your hobbies are

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Dank meme m8

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I LOVE GRUMPYCAT >_< LOL ROFLMAO

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I LOVE GRUMPYCAT >_< LOL ROFLMAO

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
So close to all the logi cruisers.

Then to get ready for logi frigs and FA caps.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Oh my god it's so funny and original, I've never seen that image used before.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

That cat really does look like Senator Palpatine.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Worldshatter posted:

Oh my god it's so funny and original, I've never seen that image used before.

Yeah, it's totally the best. And it completely served it's meek little purpose diverting the rage about Dust into a fixation on kitten meme.

Mission Accomplished.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Wyld posted:

Yeah, it's totally the best. And it completely served it's meek little purpose diverting the rage about Dust into a fixation on kitten meme.

Mission Accomplished.

Puppetmaster-defense? No one saw that one coming.

:frogout:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Wyld posted:

Mission Accomplished.

Only 20 days til your 3 months are up! What macro images are you going to post to the goonfleet forums once you get in?

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Puppetmaster-defense? No one saw that one coming.

:frogout:

I just read page 2 (https://www.somethingawful.com/news/internet-argument-lose/2/). You are right, I am sorry. I'll go back to the whole not talking part.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wyld posted:

I just read page 2 (https://www.somethingawful.com/news/internet-argument-lose/2/). You are right, I am sorry. I'll go back to the whole not talking part.

You just googled "puppetmaster defense", didn't you?

Jesus Christ.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

• Locked thread