Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Mr Jaunts posted:

Call me crazy, but if he did try to stab a kid in the gut, wouldn't he get more punishment than just a talking to from his mom? It seems that's at least grounds for a "assault with a deadly weapon" charge

Also, there's another minor issue with his story (Gawker link, I know, I know). At the time of the stabbing incident, Carson stated in his book that he had "been reading Psychology Today for a year." He was 14 at the time, putting it around 1965/66. Psychology Today, however, only started publishing a year later, in mid-1967.

The funny thing is that even if it is true, it's a stab in the gut (:haw:) at the Republican philosophy of "imprison first, ask questions later". Not that any of them will think about it that hard, because shucks he's just one of the Good Ones, ya know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Joementum posted:

Eliminating HUD would destroy mortgage and construction insurance, which might have economic consequences, though I admit I have no idea what the effect would be on the price of gold.

Would it effect our wall.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

William Bear posted:

Review of Ted Cruz reaction to naming the Department of Commerce twice to eliminate.

I guess he just figured he should ignore it, correct his mistake, and move on. Smart, but no fun. He should own it, like Rick Perry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSLBwhdr3U8

Someone should ask if eliminating DoE is part of his nuclear disarmament plan.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

point of return posted:

i want to see fishmech moderate a presidential debate

"FISHMECH: Actually, kid, the Lake Shore Amtrak route goes through New York twice a day."

RUBIO: You haven't asked us a question for 40 minutes.

FISHMECH: No, wrong, child, the Pacific Intercontinental railroad is 1,907 miles, not 1800."

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Here's your morning Jeb-cringe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1pTjhSEYwQ

“I do that for every convert. Anytime you guys want to try a chest bump, I’m all in.”

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Shageletic posted:

"FISHMECH: Actually, kid, the Lake Shore Amtrak route goes through New York twice a day."

RUBIO: You haven't asked us a question for 40 minutes.

FISHMECH: No, wrong, child, the Pacific Intercontinental railroad is 1,907 miles, not 1800."

Rubio and others already have the moderators and the bell on ignore, so they would fit pretty well in this thread

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

hobbesmaster posted:

Someone should ask if eliminating DoE is part of his nuclear disarmament plan.

When asked, they all say they'd transfer the nuclear weapons to the Strategic Air Command's control.

I do think it's interesting that Republicans who want to eliminate government agencies don't agree on the list.

Ron Paul: Education, Energy, Interior, Commerce, HUD
Rick Perry: Education, Commerce, and uh..... (Energy)
Ted Cruz: IRS (part of the Treasury), Education, Energy, Commerce, HUD
Rand Paul: Reclamation, Indian Affairs, Government Printing Office, Energy, and many others signficantly cut (71% cut to State, for example)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Isn't the Dept of Education the one that also tripped up Perry? Truly, the Department that educates.

EDIT: Just saww the post above me. Ooops.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

When asked, they all say they'd transfer the nuclear weapons to the Strategic Air Command's control.

The navy would go ballistic.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

hobbesmaster posted:

The navy would go ballistic.

No, they wouldn't be able to!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Joementum posted:

I do think it's interesting that Republicans who want to eliminate government agencies don't agree on the list.

Ron Paul: Education, Energy, Interior, Commerce, HUD
Rick Perry: Education, Commerce, and uh..... (Energy)
Ted Cruz: IRS (part of the Treasury), Education, Energy, Commerce, HUD
Rand Paul: Reclamation, Indian Affairs, Government Printing Office, Energy, and many others signficantly cut (71% cut to State, for example)

The SAC museum would be a pretty cool caretaker for the missile stockpile if only because they'd lovingly restore a silo complete with missile mockup so people could tour that poo poo.

If you're ever passing through Nebraska on I-80 it's worth a visit.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Why do they all have a hard-on for getting rid of the department of education? That seems like a good department.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Perry and Cruz both want to get rid of Energy, Commerce, and Education.

Have any candidates called for the elimination of the Department of Labor? I know Scott Walker wanted to majorly weaken it, but you'd think it would be a big conservative target along with the three above.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PT6A posted:

Why do they all have a hard-on for getting rid of the department of education? That seems like a good department.

Yes why do the anti-intellectual party who constantly demonize public schools want to remove the DoE, a mystery indeed.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

PT6A posted:

They believe it sets the curriculum and removes control from local school boards. This is, of course, completely untrue.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Guess which candidate is now in a real-estate scandal involving a shady ex-con of Southern European extraction!

http://bigstory.ap.org/urn:publicid:ap.org:7dbf61be9ac94bbe959e94addb6f7def

EDIT: Updated source

Montasque fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 12, 2015

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Montasque posted:

Guess which candidate is now in a real-estate scandal involving a shady ex-con of Southern European extraction!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3315079/Carson-profits-friendship-felon.html

Guess how believable I think it is coming from Daily Mail!

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Joementum posted:

They believe it sets the curriculum and removes control from local school boards. This is, of course, completely untrue.

Inner city public schools are totally garbage and receive tons of state and federal funding, that is a serious problem. Common core styled performance metrics just lead to more corruption and/or worse educations it seems too. Getting rid of the Department of Education is stupid, but using it to have federal agents monitoring schools for corruption (as well as liberal propaganda) is an excellent idea

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Doctor Butts posted:

Guess how believable I think it is coming from Daily Mail!

EDIT:

Here's the right link:

http://bigstory.ap.org/urn:publicid:ap.org:7dbf61be9ac94bbe959e94addb6f7def

Story is from the AP.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Carson has friends who are criminals. Is this really surprising? Good Doctor Ben probably prays for him.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Is the last few pages of pedantic rambling really what dnd is like? Because lol holy moley :words:

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
How is it a scandal when you invest money in a real estate deal, and separately from that the guy you invested with commits fraud in his day job?

What's even LESS scandalous is helping out someone you know in court.

If anything I'd be suspicious that maybe Carson's people leaked this out there because any MSM outlet running with it is only going to help him bilk more suckers for cash.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

It's nice that Cruz schedules entertainment for the children he periodically devours to keep his reptilian urges subdued.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The story of the Tim and Eric video editor who pranked the Jeb! campaign into believing he got a neck tattoo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljURLnURVvM

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Boosted_C5 posted:

How is it a scandal when you invest money in a real estate deal, and separately from that the guy you invested with commits fraud in his day job?

What's even LESS scandalous is helping out someone you know in court.

If anything I'd be suspicious that maybe Carson's people leaked this out there because any MSM outlet running with it is only going to help him bilk more suckers for cash.

Ask Tony Rezko.

The scandal is that Carson said in a book he would have draconian laws against those who commit medical fraud, yet he helped Costa get off the hook.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Montasque posted:

Ask Tony Rezko.

The scandal is that Carson said in a book he would have draconian laws against those who commit medical fraud, yet he helped Costa get off the hook.

If there was a mandatory sentencing law in place for medical fraud, Carson's friend would've been in jail. I'm sure Carson understands that. It's not really hypocritical to follow the law and plead for clemency to a judge as long as you are acting within the boundaries of the law. It's like how rich people say "if I had to pay higher taxes/had less loopholes, I wouldn't use them, but I'm just following the law so gently caress off"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

point of return posted:

I want to see jrodefeld be at a presidential debate

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

gradenko_2000 posted:

I want to see jrodefeld be in a presidential debate

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

point of return posted:

That would be funny as hell

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

Is the last few pages of pedantic rambling really what dnd is like? Because lol holy moley :words:

D&D is much, much worse.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Xelkelvos posted:

Missed this little speck of the thread, but continuing off of this, Philosophy majors also end up learning skills useful for a Law degree as much of their major is about learning argumentation and the presentation of those arguments. That's likely why their section skews so high since many of them may pick up more practical techniques than their PoliSci counterparts.

the classics own

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Grem posted:

Get used to it, 5 more weeks until something interesting happens.

let's come up with catchy republitard slogans for candidates

my favorite so far is With Cruz you Lose

and something about Benzo Carson and of Course Make America Great Again because Trump is life

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

Joementum posted:

The story of the Tim and Eric video editor who pranked the Jeb! campaign into believing he got a neck tattoo.

Amazing!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Moktaro posted:

The funny thing is that even if it is true, it's a stab in the gut (:haw:) at the Republican philosophy of "imprison first, ask questions later". Not that any of them will think about it that hard, because shucks he's just one of the Good Ones, ya know?

If he ended up in prison we would have the first gay GOP front runner

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Top City Homo posted:

let's come up with catchy republitard slogans for candidates

my favorite so far is With Cruz you Lose

and something about Benzo Carson and of Course Make America Great Again because Trump is life

Carson 2016: The Smart Choice

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Siiiiigns signs everywhere a sign tellin me I'm allowed to go into the girls bathrooooom

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Vic is doing well for himself (in terms of views). I'm seeing his stuff straight up stolen and repackaged on twitter and facebook. Shocked (kinda) that the media could not have figured out sooner that it was fake, especially because if you actually watched the video you could tell it was. It's not like they did a lot to hide it.

But yeah, everyone follow him, he's great.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fat guy with a guitar seems familiar, is he anybody note worthy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
The plan is to eliminate the 8.9% of the budget not used on FICA, ERISA, the military, veterans, and debt interest repayment, and give that 8.9% to the military and veterans. If possible, we can eliminate ERISA and give that to the military and veterans too.

• Locked thread