Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

esperterra posted:

I definitely missed that one!

Guess we'll just have to wait and see if 'I'm not gay' means Murphy gets that an MtF into guys is straight, or if he thinks an MtF into girls is not technically gay.

I have no idea why this of all things is what I nitpick about this season.

Maybe Liz meant that she's not gay because she likes men and feels like a woman, therefore not homosexual. Just because she was married to a woman before doesn't mean she is into women. It could have been out of convenience. She was in the closet after all, and she said that she married her wife only because they wore the same size (literally in her wife's closet, haha). But I doubt Murphy would ever have that kind of nuance in his shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Stabitha posted:

Maybe Liz meant that she's not gay because she likes men and feels like a woman, therefore not homosexual. Just because she was married to a woman before doesn't mean she is into women. It could have been out of convenience. She was in the closet after all, and she said that she married her wife only because they wore the same size (literally in her wife's closet, haha). But I doubt Murphy would ever have that kind of nuance in his shows.

Either I'm misremembering my posts or you don't have the best reading comprehension. I already know and understand everything you're saying. My nitpick is with how it was presented on the show being unclear in an odd way that stood out to me.

In the end it's irrelevant to the outcome of the rest of the show. But it's the only thing this season I've found weird or disjointed in its presentation.

Mostly now I just want to see if he/she will be into men or women so it can answer my nagging curiosity about how Murphy views trans sexuality.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I've watch the first 2 episodes, should I bother catching up with Hotel?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Dugong posted:

I've watch the first 2 episodes, should I bother catching up with Hotel?

If you have to ask than probably not?

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

If you are interested in an incredibly stupid/awesome dinner party featuring some of America's most notorious serial killers then watch episode 4 and be done with it.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I actually like this season, the detective is probably the only character I don't like. His acting is horrendous but everyone else has been entertaining.

It's a lot better than freak show and it'll probably be above coven when it's done. Asylum is hard to top and I don't think hotel is there yet but I'd love for the second half of the season to be great.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I give up, the last episode was worse than anything the show's done so far. Worse than Freak Show, worse than Coven. Just utter nonsensical poo poo. I'm out.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

somnambulist posted:

I actually like this season, the detective is probably the only character I don't like. His acting is horrendous but everyone else has been entertaining.

It's a lot better than freak show and it'll probably be above coven when it's done. Asylum is hard to top and I don't think hotel is there yet but I'd love for the second half of the season to be great.

Yeah the John Lowe character is definitely a drag on the show, which is a drat shame since we need that human element and it's basically just his acting that's the issue. For me at least. Story's fine for what this season is, but he's not very good.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
The impression I got is that Liz is a crossdresser who is attracted to women, and therefore not gay, as most crossdressers aren't homosexual. And the unique circumstances of living in the hotel and serving The Countess allow her to play that part 24/7.

But one would think that would technically make her transgender, if she always presents herself as a woman. I guess if there's a distinction between someone who identifies as an actual woman, and someone who desires to play the part of the woman, but is still a man at heart, that could help explain it. Like an actor who never stops playing a part, but could easily revert away from doing so if need/want be. Though the blood smelling and the meat tube lines would suggest full on transgenderism of course.

But maybe it's all a moot point, because I'm getting an odd feeling that Liz and Iris will get romantically involved.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

OmegaBR posted:

But maybe it's all a moot point, because I'm getting an odd feeling that Liz and Iris will get romantically involved.

I'd be very okay with this.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

esperterra posted:

I'd be very okay with this.

Iris naked would be the scariest part of the season.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dienes posted:

Iris naked would be the scariest part of the season.

I would not be okay with naked Kathy Bates, though. Too much.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Look at all these jabronis who never watched About Schmidt.

Kathy Bates is the best actor on the show and if we gotta see her floppy titties once in a while then so be it.

Also it looked like late 80's early 90's when Kathy Bates' kid got vamped up by Gaga. How did she work with Liz this long without knowing anything about her?

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Doltos posted:

Why hasn't anyone seen this movie? It is such a great movie!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
This show is loving awesome. There isn't anything I don't like about it anymore. Cops sketch wife that I was annoyed with made up for that by unleashing a horde of vampire kids on the world.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Doltos posted:

Kathy Bates is the best actor on the show and if we gotta see her floppy titties once in a while then so be it.

Also it looked like late 80's early 90's when Kathy Bates' kid got vamped up by Gaga. How did she work with Liz this long without knowing anything about her?

They mentioned offhand that this episode they apparently talked more than in their entire time working together, but I find that hard to believe.

That they hadn't had serious conversation makes sense.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
We're approaching the part of AHS that happens every season where the show collapses under the weight of it's lovely decisions. Came a little earlier this year I feel like it, but at least it's better than Freakshow. Denis O'Hare is a joy to watch, they let Kathy Bates not do an accent, and they found a role that Gaga is pretty good at it so it does have some good things. Sarah Paulson is insufferable, and I miss Jessica Lange.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 8, 2015

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Liz is transcendent. Goddesses don't need labels.
(I'm willing to bet money you guys are giving it way more thought than any of her creators ever did)

I didn't like most of this episode but I love me some Liz. I hope they crank up the glam though because their horror is mostly stupid this time around.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:unsmigghh: Sixth season confirmed :unsmigghh:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Start packing for CAMP folks

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
As much as I loved Jessica Lange in the first 2 seasons I think a non-Lange centric story is one of the reasons I'm enjoying this.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tonight on American Horror Story: "Room 33"

Ramona and Donovan enact their plan for revenge; Liz Taylor finds true love; the resident of Room 33 is revealed.

I didn't realize the resident of room 33 was a mystery we were supposed to be puzzling over. Also, Evan Peters on driving, karaoke deep cuts, mancrushes.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Far as I can remember, they've mentioned it exactly one time, when Iris talked about feeding "the thing" in room 33.

For some reason, I get the feeling it's the original ghoul the foreign girls saw in the first episode.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
ok then

e: boo.

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 12, 2015

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
So I guess they explained how Liz identifies?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Well this was definitely the check out episode. And the lack of replies reflects it.

Where to start? It's like they skipped an episode between Liz and Tristan being true lovers and Gaga having already seduced Drake fully. Alex is helping ghosts screw with her husband, literally. And Gaga's got a baby boy of her own with a messed up face (the go-to horror visual in AHS between Infantata, Bloodyface, Raspers, Twisty, Ghouls, Sally, etc.)

The Murder House callback was nice, but really any reference to any former season would be. Makes you wonder about things we'll never know the answer to, like the Infantata and if he had some vamp in him.

Saw the throat slash coming a mile away. Who the heck wouldn't?

Standing by my assertion we'll never see those vamp kids again.

Remember when it was suggested that this season would be more contained and focus on the murder mystery? Ah well. Keep piling it on Mr. Murphy.

Gaga's still got a great butt though.

In The Bushes
Mar 4, 2012
Five people watched this episode.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I did, after awhile. Not a priority show, but still fun in its own, empty sort of way. You could tell a mile away that Tristan wasn't going to make it and the Countess' kid had a messed up face.

At least the callback was nice though. Same for the glimpse of the next victim in The Ten Commandments killer's spree. Those are very se7en and visually stunning. The season's just setting up more questions and less answers, which is frustrating.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
I'm still confused on the actor who bought the building vs. Iris' son. Which one was the one who liked Gaga but had to have a man? What a yawn, it doesn't even matter, does it.

I can't stand the way Gaga delivers her lines. I don't know if she's trying for a style but it pops me out of the show.

Happy Liz Taylor was the best part of this episode. No more :(

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Kind of a boring episode but I'm still mostly enjoying this season. I hope that wasn't the only return to the Murder House we see this season.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
There was a whole lot of wooden line delivery in this episode. I mostly feel bad for the detective guy's daughter at this point. Her dad is a crazy rear end in a top hat, her mom is a vampire and gives not one poo poo about the kid, and her weird brother is a vampire with bad hair. Off to grandma's!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

this episode feels like a Sims fanfiction with the amount of sex, people turning people the other orientation, vampires and melodrama. at least the swiss girls get some violence going on in this otherwise bloodless 50 minutes

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
The opening vampire abortion scene gave me flashbacks of the part of Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines when you go into the prosthetic maker's creepy basement. Easily creepiest thing in the season so far.

I really didn't like the Swedish ghosts and the quest for purpose. Felt really forced and pointless.

hepscat posted:

I'm still confused on the actor who bought the building vs. Iris' son. Which one was the one who liked Gaga but had to have a man?

The one who bought the building.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Dienes posted:

Felt really forced and pointless.

This show since Coven.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've complained since the beginning that the different subplots felt like they had almost nothing to do with each other so it's good that this episode continues linking them up and letting them interact.

Didn't pick it up at the time but the cartoon Scarlett is watching is The Fairly OddParents :haw:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

haveblue posted:

Didn't pick it up at the time but the cartoon Scarlett is watching is The Fairly OddParents :haw:

Was it? It looked like a generic stock cartoon to me.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
ehhh this episode was alright.

There isn't really any build or plot development to keep me excited for next week. It's a fun visual spectacle and some pretty good acting performances but it's just not going anywhere.

Oh hey the Ten Commandments killer struck again! Let's just show the disemboweled corpse then have Tall Dark and Handsome Detective told he's off the case (lol he's the killer!) and that's it.

Feels like it's on the typical trajectory toward boredom and stupidity of the last few seasons of AHS.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
This was not a good episode.

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

OmegaBR posted:

Well this was definitely the check out episode. And the lack of replies reflects it.

Where to start? It's like they skipped an episode between Liz and Tristan being true lovers and Gaga having already seduced Drake fully. Alex is helping ghosts screw with her husband, literally. And Gaga's got a baby boy of her own with a messed up face

I'd like to echo this sentiment. It's almost like they write the script like Matt and Trey do for South Park. If the writers on AH gave a poo poo they'd map out the entire season beforehand and try to hit those dramatic marks. It would've been ridiculously easy to have Liz and Tristan have a relationship, there was plenty of time to establish that. I think after an episode of seeing vampire kids eat an entire (?) school's faculty we'd get a follow up on that, as well. It's almost as though, instead of each season being a vingette, each episode is a vingette.

Here's hoping the Vamp kids start their own school. Then next season the Vamp kids can go to sleepaway camp and meet the Witch school's kids. They can have a whole buncha adventures and get a spin-off prequel series on Netflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I really hope this filler episode doesn't turn into a filler back-half-of-the-season like the last two-- oh... Oh god, it's happening again isn't it? :ohdear:

• Locked thread