Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Space-Pope posted:

cgs:

the first line of my briefing: "Our air and submarine forces must disrupt the resupply of NATO forces in Europe. To do this, we must first subjugate the Norwegians."

:shepface:
here's a walkthrough
http://qz.com/546507/norway-says-russian-spies-are-ensnaring-its-politicians-in-sex-traps/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

As a Millennial I posted:

look at that thick-rear end manual. a manual you can sink your teeth into

i found my moms old atari computer in the garage and one of the games was some sort of flight simulator that had a thickass manual with all the technical specs for the plane

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Blackula69 posted:

the spergiest imaginable outside of dwarf fortress
not quite, you forgot about aurora

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

sandoz posted:

click it

the support section says they receive faxes

simpler times, man :allears:

edit: gonna send one asking them to help with my IPX connection

mad.radhu fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 12, 2015

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Blackula69 posted:

use dogmeat to get the cryolator

this sounds like a bad idea

because I'm using Preston

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

setafd posted:

this sounds like a bad idea

because I'm using Preston

Preston is a whiner. get MacCready or Valentine.

game is fun despite day 1 Bethesda shenanigans. the animations and combat are way better than anything else they've done.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Sudo Echo posted:

Preston is a whiner. get MacCready or Valentine.

game is fun despite day 1 Bethesda shenanigans. the animations and combat are way better than anything else they've done.

weapon mods was also a way smart way to get enchantments into the game

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
the modding system for weapons, armor, and your power armor loving own. also building up settlements to expand artillery coverage :getin:

e: also i like the addition of legendary enemies, unique weapons, and the crit ability

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
what difficulty are you playing on? i want the higher spawn rates for legendary creatures but the higher levels are basically impossible with 2 EN

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
i'm playing on whatever one above the default or normal difficulty is. it's definitely challenging but not impossible, though i think i've been charging into areas and doing quests that are getting above my level

also gently caress the suicide super mutants, those guys ruin my loving day (in a hilarious way because drat)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

sandoz posted:

click it

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i sniped a legendary suicider super mutant and his explosion killed like 8 or 9 other super mutants at the satellite array.

was impressive, literally looked like a nuke went off.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

As a Millennial I posted:

re: cool manuals, starflight for the sega genesis came with a walkthrough in the style of a "captain's log" along with a freakin novella that tied in with the game's story. i want that manual again so bad but every copy of the game i find online just has the cartridge :-(

stonekeep had a novella in it too for some reason

it was really weird

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

sim ant came with a textbook about ants

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

sim ant came with a textbook about ants

sim earth came w/ a bible

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

where did you get that wicked sledgehammer? just later in the game? i sorta jumped over to the BoS after killing the raiders in that city factory (couldn't find a way to the boss aside from a leap of faith - just barely clipped on) and skipped wherever cowboy tom was sending me

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i sniped a legendary suicider super mutant and his explosion killed like 8 or 9 other super mutants at the satellite array.

was impressive, literally looked like a nuke went off.

i started walking up to a gas station where there was a firefight going on between the brotherhood and some raiders. one of the raiders threw a grenade which detonated two cars, setting off two nuclear explosions and killing everyone except the paladin in power armor

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
sprinting and running out of stamina just as you step on a land mine is the most disheartening thing ever

"welp this is it for me"

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

where did you get that wicked sledgehammer? just later in the game? i sorta jumped over to the BoS after killing the raiders in that city factory (couldn't find a way to the boss aside from a leap of faith - just barely clipped on) and skipped wherever cowboy tom was sending me

it's a super sledge I got from a town infested with super mutants north of the police station and upgraded myself. there was a legendary guy carrying it and a missile launcher. there was also a ripper there just on a desk. pretty lucky considering it was really early for me and I made a melee character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEHiBo9CKhc&hd=1

it's a fun build. that perk for extra armor while sprinting is good.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

so i ran into my first bandit in power armor, can i peel his buckshot-puree remains from inside the exo-frame or is the core "suit" considered forfeit?

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

This looks rad, but instead of spending $100 I think I'll just play Harpoon.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

watching my wife play I don't think they play tested this game at all

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Al! posted:

i'm just kinda amazed by how many typos there are

you think they'd catch POSEIDEN PUMPING FACILITY on the first pass

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Al! posted:

bethesda has a very small qa team that they also use for all the games they publish

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

also I didn't realize how filthy old school rock and roll is

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

there appears to be a song about two dudes 69ing which is very progressive for the time

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

scamtank posted:

i'm just kinda amazed by how many typos there are

you think they'd catch POSEIDEN PUMPING FACILITY on the first pass

never forget

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

and there's this too, really surprised Blizzard bothered to archive these

i'd love to find a PDF of the SWOTL manual

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Phoenixan posted:

never forget

Is that elvish for "supermarket"?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that is almost restrained for a metzen

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i'm playing through Legacy... if... The Void... right now and i am thankful that you can quickly advance in-game conversations by clicking through them.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

inconsistencies are already showing up but i'll wait until the end to see if everything gels

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Al! posted:

that is almost restrained for a metzen
it seems to be missing shoulderpads

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i was walking around in fallout and came across this shack full of hillbilly ghouls and their chem lab. in the basement was a sovereign citizen ghoul building a nuke to blow up the radio tower that the govment had put right on the front lawn. he had a manifesto typed up on the terminal and everything. i'm having fun

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

i was walking around in fallout and came across this shack full of hillbilly ghouls and their chem lab. in the basement was a sovereign citizen ghoul building a nuke to blow up the radio tower that the govment had put right on the front lawn. he had a manifesto typed up on the terminal and everything. i'm having fun

I found that too that was great

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Space-Pope posted:

cgs:

the first line of my briefing: "Our air and submarine forces must disrupt the resupply of NATO forces in Europe. To do this, we must first subjugate the Norwegians."

:shepface:

$79.99 jesus

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Roosevelt posted:

yeah that was a p good moment. i also like the police station full of TV cop cliches

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Blackula69 posted:

what difficulty are you playing on? i want the higher spawn rates for legendary creatures but the higher levels are basically impossible with 2 EN

Survival. YOLO.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I'm in a robot shopping mall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the nintendo direct is 46 minutes long!!!!!!

• Locked thread