Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

ApplesandOranges posted:

Basch dress record. But nah, it's far more likely that Vaan would get one first. Still, Basch is their last main character from XII, so from here they can only add Guests or someone like Gabranth.

A dress record would make a lot of sense actually, given that they already went in the opposite direction back in Duodecim. But I still want the real deal :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Did anyone post this WoL trailer for Dissidia Arcade because the game looks slick as hell now that we're seeing more concentrated footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Bap-3w7fk

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Finally finished ffxiii. Didn't finish all of the hunts though. Will any of this affect my play through of ffxiii-2?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Not in the slightest. It doesn't carry over anything, it just checks to see if you have XIII save data.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

So for someone who didn't know Final Fantasy Explorers existed until seeing it in the Nintendo Direct: was it considered any good?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Hey guys.

Cloud is a Super Smash Bros character now.

That's all.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Yeah he's in smash

It finally happened

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Final Fantasy moved out of Nintendo's house with 7, and it comes back with 7.

It actually came back with Crystal Chronicles, my bad.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
THANK YOU BASED SQUARE

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Gotta say, it's a bit of an odd choice having Cloud in Smash given that the game he was in wasn't on a Nintendo console. I suppose the argument could have been made for Snake too in Brawl but at least the remake of MGS 1, Twin Snakes was on a Nintendo console.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mezzanon posted:

Finally finished ffxiii. Didn't finish all of the hunts though. Will any of this affect my play through of ffxiii-2?

You get bonus items in 2 and 3 just for playing 1. you don't need to 100% it or even beat it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Gotta say, it's a bit of an odd choice having Cloud in Smash given that the game he was in wasn't on a Nintendo console. I suppose the argument could have been made for Snake too in Brawl but at least the remake of MGS 1, Twin Snakes was on a Nintendo console.

Cloud is more recognisable than the characters from Nintendo FF games.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Turning on the Sony SNES released the spirit of Nintendo-Cloud back into the universe, and the first manifestation is Cloud showing up in Smash. After the time lines mend themselves, we won't remember a time before FF7 came to the Sony SNES.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Erebus posted:

So for someone who didn't know Final Fantasy Explorers existed until seeing it in the Nintendo Direct: was it considered any good?

everyone pretty much agreed it was a really mediocre monster hunter knockoff

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Man, why isn't it the original blocky PSX Cloud character model.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Cloud Strife appears as a cameo in both Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories for the Gameboy Advance and Final Fantasy Explorers on the 3DS.

Why do I suddenly feel like Comic Book Guy from Simpsons?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sunning posted:

Cloud Strife appears as a cameo in both Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories for the Gameboy Advance and Final Fantasy Explorers on the 3DS.

Why do I suddenly feel like Comic Book Guy from Simpsons?

He's also in Re:Coded where he is a playable character.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
You're all forgetting the most important game of the bunch, Theatrhythm Curtain Call.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Ill reserve judgement, but he looks really Eh. Curious how the Limit break works.

Im more shocked that he's even in it to begin with.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
:stonk: I cannot loving believe this

Veib posted:

Man, why isn't it the original blocky PSX Cloud character model.

Hopefully this is a costume option, although with him having the standard outfit and the emo Kingdom Hearts / Advent Children / Zach's outfit, he probably doesn't also have a third. The rest will probably be recolors. But maybe?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Zaphod42 posted:

Hopefully this is a costume option, although with him having the standard outfit and the emo Kingdom Hearts / Advent Children / Zach's outfit, he probably doesn't also have a third. The rest will probably be recolors. But maybe?

How could you forget the dress?

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

Shoenin posted:

Ill reserve judgement, but he looks really Eh. Curious how the Limit break works.

Im more shocked that he's even in it to begin with.

His Limit Break thing seems to be a mode he charges up.

From a glance it looks like his specials are:
Blade Beam = B
Climhazzard = Up-B (With a follow up into Braver)
Cross Slash = Side-B
Limit Charge = Down-B Which most likely changes into Finishing Touch when in Limit Break.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Black Mage Knight posted:

His Limit Break thing seems to be a mode he charges up.

From a glance it looks like his specials are:
Blade Beam = B
Crime Hazard= Up-B (With a follow up into Braver)
Cross Slash = Side-B
Limit Charge = Down-B Which most likely changes into Finishing Touch when in Limit Break.

:colbert:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm a dumb nerd that likes playing on the omega versions of stages but the summons on the Midgar stage look awesome

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It finally happened. A Sakurai game literally turned into Final Fantasy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That Bahamut mega flare is just so loving godo

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I'm excited to see what my good friend Iscar Matthias brings to the table as an assist trophy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dragon Quest 7 & 8 coming to america
Cloud in Smash
Dissidia Arcade
FFXV
Kingdom Hearts III
FF7HD

thank you based square, godlike

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Years later, facing the firing squad, Sakurai would think back to the decision to acknowledge Final Fantasy's humble beginnings on the Nintendo Entertainment System with the same patriarchal calm tone and demeanor that enabled him to survive seven two assassinations, instigate thirty three failed game console uprisings, outlive his number one fan Reggie Fils-Aime, order seven ex Konami employees to their deaths, lose every single battle he ever fought, and go unmolested in every single one of them save for a bullet wound that he himself shot into his chest that emerged from his back without hitting any vital organs: "I regret putting Cloud Strife in Smash."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lightning Returns on PC will open the gates to the valhalla that is Square Enix 2016-2018

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Baal posted:

Dragon Quest 7 & 8 coming to america
Cloud in Smash
Dissidia Arcade
FFXV
Kingdom Hearts III
FF7HD

thank you based square, godlike

You forgot Platinum Nier 2

How

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I forgot there was more good stuff, how could I forget about more good stuff.

I'm very excited right now

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Baal posted:

I forgot there was more good stuff, how could I forget about more good stuff.

I'm very excited right now

hell even star ocean 5 may not be crap

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope that Chrono Trigger looking thing gets a western release too

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I hope that Chrono Trigger looking thing gets a western release too

the what now??

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can never remember the name but it has 'inspired by Chrono Trigger!' all over it in the same way Exist Fate does Valkyrie Profile.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's the one that's named in honor of the best Soulcalibur 3 character, the white prostitute from Japan.

You know, Mitsurugi.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I just noticed that the scene at the end of the trailer with Cloud's Omnislash is a reference to the final cutscene fight at the end of FF7. :allears:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Finally, I live in a world where I can watch Cloud get his rear end kicked by the Wii Fit Trainer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Cloud can finally face Donkey Kong in a 1v1 as he was always meant to.