Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I wish I could make potted plants and have rooftop gardens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Is there a console command to bring dogmeat to you? He went missing again and I've checked all the doghouses in sanctuary, but can't find him.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
^ Wait 24 hours, or fast travel somewhere.

Sonofsilversign posted:

Theres a size limit? That sucks, is it at least like 50 people?

Its not an NPC limit, its a placed object limit, I am positive its there to keep consoles and people with lovely machines from breaking their game and then complaining about it. When in the workshop view, the meter is in the upper right corner.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I wish I could make potted plants and have rooftop gardens.

I believe plants are one of the Picket Fences books unlocks. So....yeah. Go to town!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Meowbot posted:

why does my Status screen have a permanent sad face?

Whoa, can you actually turn into a ghoul with too much rads?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Sonofsilversign posted:

Did you have to kill that chick in Goodneighbour for that dress? Can you put armor pieces on over it?

I cheated both hers and Ellie Perkins' out of the console because they are both unkillable. Not armorable.
I guess if you really wanted to do it legit though you could get up to level 30/Pickpocket 4 which lets you steal clothes right off of someone.

Ratty Skirt - 001B828C
Feathered Dress - 001B5F1B

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
im extremely radiated and out of rad away after an unfortunate encounter with a large pool of radiation and some feral ghouls. I still have to go through corvega to get to diamond city so is there any other good way to get rid of my radiation? I dont want to use the console and cheat and none of the traders I've ran into have any

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I think my favorite moment was when I went to fight a ton of guys, one in power armor.

They were kicking my rear end so I went out the door behind me.

They followed, but luckily there was a robot I had hacked there. The robot swiftly killed all of them and walked off. I looted and left.

Thanks robot buddy.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Hangmans alley is deffo my favorite settlement so far. Great defensive position and you build up so you can use outfits and bed asignment to create a teired society with the plebs in the dirt and the rich living it up above them. AI pathfinding is kinda a pain though, gotta fiddle with stairs for ages.

LumberingTroll posted:

Its not an NPC limit, its a placed object limit, I am positive its there to keep consoles and people with lovely machines from breaking their game and then complaining about it. When in the workshop view, the meter is in the upper right corner.

Oh dang guess i'll have to keep an eye on it, my Sanctuary is getting pretty big.

Saint Freak posted:

I cheated both hers and Ellie Perkins' out of the console because they are both unkillable. Not armorable.
I guess if you really wanted to do it legit though you could get up to level 30/Pickpocket 4 which lets you steal clothes right off of someone.

Ratty Skirt - 001B828C

Nice thanks, shame about the armor. That dress with some mad max poo poo over it would be ballin, ah well thats what mods are for :getin:

BIG PUFFY NIPS fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 13, 2015

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Meowbot posted:

im extremely radiated and out of rad away after an unfortunate encounter with a large pool of radiation and some feral ghouls. I still have to go through corvega to get to diamond city so is there any other good way to get rid of my radiation? I dont want to use the console and cheat and none of the traders I've ran into have any

Your Pip-Boy says you have 4 Rad Away though? Or are you somehow so irradiated that it isn't enough?

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Kimmalah posted:

Your Pip-Boy says you have 4 Rad Away though? Or are you somehow so irradiated that it isn't enough?

I had to take 3 earlier and now I just took my last one and am at about 60% radiation im bad and I feel bad

also, its kinda bullshit the elevator in the excavation just keeps going deeper and deeper into radiated water. There should be some sort of sign that says dont go down this elevator! I was curious what was down there :ohdear:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

potaties posted:

This happened to me too, so that's where I'm stuck until someone can find her reference ID for me and can "moveto player" her.

I did find it out by going to the console and typing sqt, which showed the current missions as well as targets. When I moveto her its just an empty marker though, drat.

Anybody know how to find out a quest id?

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Judge Tesla posted:

Machinegames aren't up to much after releasing Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and are also owned by Zenimax, could be good if they make a Fallout game.

Going off Zenimax studios's job pages and employee linkedin accounts, all of them seem busy with sequels. ZeniMax Online Studios is strictly a MMORPG studio supporting The Elder Scrolls Online. iD is working on the new Doom. Arkane Studios in France is developing Dishonored 2. Arkane Austin is supposedly working on Prey 2 after Humanhead ended their relationship with Zenimax. Machinegames hinted at Wolfenstein 2. Tango is most likely making a sequel to Evil Within on Unreal Engine 4.

Other than Arkane Studios and Zenimax Online, none of them seem to have significant experience developing an RPG. We might get better shooting mechanics though.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Anyone else noticed that if you put a teddy bear in Dogmeat's inventory he does an animation of playing with it?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Meowbot posted:

I had to take 3 earlier and now I just took my last one and am at about 60% radiation im bad and I feel bad

also, its kinda bullshit the elevator in the excavation just keeps going deeper and deeper into radiated water. There should be some sort of sign that says dont go down this elevator! I was curious what was down there :ohdear:

You can make Rad Away at the chem crafting tables from those little green glowing mushrooms, antiseptic, plastic and purified water. And sometimes merchants carry them kind of at random.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

poo poo, the game is tossing fusion cores at me like they're going out of style now. Between the int perk that doubles their duration and all the ones I've been finding I never have to leave my beloved power armor ever again.

Also, jumping off of rooftops into a pack of raiders and killing them with the impact never gets old.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Massasoit posted:

I think my favorite moment was when I went to fight a ton of guys, one in power armor.

They were kicking my rear end so I went out the door behind me.

They followed, but luckily there was a robot I had hacked there. The robot swiftly killed all of them and walked off. I looted and left.

Thanks robot buddy.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Looks like the Monster Factory spat something out onto the Boston Wasteland. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1jGnFt78H8

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Fans posted:

I'm doing a high luck dumb as bricks run and when Idiot Savant procs on the handing in of a quest it's the best thing ever. Yes I'll take a level please? What? Two levels? Oh sure, why not!
Meanwhile in 8 INT land, I level at almost every turn-in.. ;)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

OK so what is the deal with Protectrons? I set one as the Subway Steward routine and I have a subway token in my inventory. He demanded to see my subway token then shot me with lasers. Do I have to equip it or is it bugged or what. I HAVE A TOKEN YOU DUMB ROBIT

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

projecthalaxy posted:

OK so what is the deal with Protectrons? I set one as the Subway Steward routine and I have a subway token in my inventory. He demanded to see my subway token then shot me with lasers. Do I have to equip it or is it bugged or what. I HAVE A TOKEN YOU DUMB ROBIT
Bugged. It's supposed to take a metro token like the ones in Fallout 3.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I have begun the most holy of quests.

PROTECT THE BEERBOT

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

You should get a newer computer.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
am I bad at the games or is survival difficulty absurd? I'm getting wrecked.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

ElBrak posted:

Looks like the Monster Factory spat something out onto the Boston Wasteland. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1jGnFt78H8

Oh my good loving lord. :laffo:

I was laughing so hard at the mutant crack baby birth defect character creation I couldn't breathe and tears were rolling down my cheeks.

Please never change Bethesda.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

coyo7e posted:

Meanwhile in 8 INT land, I level at almost every turn-in.. ;)

Lemme tell you about 10 INT :science:

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Has anybody found useful tips for getting more FPS out of older systems? The game autodetects my settings to Ultra, but even setting everything to Low or Off gives me frame drops to the low 30s in Diamond City and Sanctuary. I'm 90% sure the problem is my old dual core i3, but none of the ini tweaks I've found offer much improvement.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Saint Freak posted:

Ratty Skirt - 001B828C

The Ratty Skirt, at least, is (random?) loot, I've had one forever

It's a bummer if there's no non-cheaty way to get the Feather Dress, though; I scoured the Memory Den or whatever trying to find an extra in a cabinet

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Protons posted:

You should get a newer computer.

That specific area in FO4 is bugged as poo poo. It looks like that on my computer as well and I'm running FO4 on Ultra.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
If you wear a mining helmet its built in light replaces your pipboy's :3:

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

I've got two playthroughs going at the moment, a melee tanks and a generic shootyman one.

Melee is so much loving tougher. Thanks to being able to sell all the ammunition you find, I've been able to afford some good gear, but I basically need everything just to survive. The upside is that I can kill most things in 1-3 swipes. The downside is turrets, missiles and snipers are sometimes impossible to deal with. Also I've had to chug a poo poo load of drugs just to pull through some fights, whereas my gun guy has a massive stock of Stims that don't really need too be used.

It's fun as gently caress though, ran into a super mutant camp, that was just packed with enemies (including a loving Master with a minigun) and I was hitting up Jet every chance I could just to figure out where all the damage was coming from. Ended up being a suicider in the camp too, so I had to loot a gun just to deal with it.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Yeah people say that reloading fixed it but it did not for me, also on ultra. Clearly an LOD bug if you try to walk or look or do anything near it so it's weird that people think it's acceptable to use in graphics comparison.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

drat, that Memory Den sequence was...something. I forgot the Shi were a thing. I wish the radio was louder, I think it was summing up Fallout 1's ending.

The Vault-Tec guy...Sure, Paul Eiding doing a ghoul voice is loving hilarious, but...:unsmith:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

frenton posted:

I lost my dog. Does he go back and wait for you somewhere or does he just stay wherever you lost him cause I have no idea when he stopped following me? I fear he has died :[

Dogmeat is actually an immortal dog god, he cannot die no matter what you do :)

He sometimes gets stuck, if you run around he might pop up. Otherwise he's at sanctuary if you built the dog house or he's at the red rocket.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
How long is the main story? Slight spoilers below

I just nuked Kellogg's ugly loving face...and someone told me that's "Act 1" and now I'm on to "act 2" and it was like...3 loving quest steps to get through what is presumably half

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Fans posted:

I like to think all the Sarcasm options are terrible because it's basically Grandad deciding to mix with the young kids to show them all how hip he is.

Actually works perfectly for my character, although the player character's voice really kills that.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Is there a way to check the junk that your settlement generated.

Im assuming the scavenging table generates junk faster but I have no wsy of knowing.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Son of Rodney posted:

I did find it out by going to the console and typing sqt, which showed the current missions as well as targets. When I moveto her its just an empty marker though, drat.

Anybody know how to find out a quest id?

Ok screw this, I watched this quest on youtube and gave myself the bobblehead that is rightfully mine :mad:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

ElBrak posted:

This is really funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Oh yeah, Jet is really fun to use in this game. The character going :black101: and screaming poo poo while roiding out is a nice touch.

• Locked thread