Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Over/under on Woodward coming back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

ElectroMagneticJosh posted:

You would think England should have a bunch of decent young players either in their squad or close to making it. Considering they were winners of the under 20 world Cup in 2013 and 2014 plus the runner up this year. I have no idea if these players are doing well in, or playing, as professionals but you would hope a few contracts were signed.

It's quite hard to tell given how much any promising England players gets fellated by the commentators during most Premiership commentaries.

That said, Slade looks half decent, Itoje looks very good and there are probably more.

Also ding dong the witch is dead etc.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

fallingdownjoe posted:

Over/under on Woodward coming back?

I will take the under as the management establishment would rather castrate themselves on live TV than have him back.

Probably means that the dump truck full of money blow and hookers arrived at Chieka's house.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Stuart Lancaster posted:

The reality is that, while many aspects of the review were very positive, we didn’t achieve success on the field when it mattered and we all have to take responsibility for that but me especially as head coach.”

Lol.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
It sounds too insane to be true, but The Scarlets appear to have signed Jonathan Davies, George North and Leigh Halfpenny for the 2016 season.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Tyma posted:

It sounds too insane to be true, but The Scarlets appear to have signed Jonathan Davies, George North and Leigh Halfpenny for the 2016 season.

Gareth Davies, Rhys patchell, Scott Williams, Johnathon Davies, George north, Liam Williams and Leigh halfpenny. Can't see that back line doing much :aaa:

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Tyma posted:

Sauce?

I'm wondering if Lewsey leaving his position today is linked to the lancaster announcement? It seems almost impossible to be a coincidence. The RFU wouldn't repeat the mistake of appointing another coach with zero coaching experience would they?

hitchensgoespop fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 11, 2015

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Western Mail are reporting that all three are going to Scarlets, and are usually pretty sure when they start writing around the headlines.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/stephen-jones-key-scarlets-attracting-10425824

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

hitchensgoespop posted:

RFU repeat mistake

I'd like you to sit down and think about what you've written.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Good to see Halfpenny going back to play in Wales, even if it means the Scarlets get that scary back line.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Makes you wonder how they are gonna pay for line up?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nationalist guilt.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

hitchensgoespop posted:

Makes you wonder how they are gonna pay for line up?

It'll be pretty reasonable when you take into account that they'll likely be on central contracts, so the WRU will cover 60% of the wages.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
So is there any guidance around how many central contacts each region can have?

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

hitchensgoespop posted:

So is there any guidance around how many central contacts each region can have?

WRU's discretion I believe, though the new Chief Exec came out today and said he's not bothered what players play where, which is hella dumb.

There are 16 dual-contracted players currently, and Gatland wants to get it up to around 25 apparently

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...

stavros880 posted:

Gareth Davies, Rhys patchell, Scott Williams, Johnathon Davies, George north, Liam Williams and Leigh halfpenny. Can't see that back line doing much :aaa:

With DTH Van der Merwe and Regan King (even at 35 he's still incredible) kicking around too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I wonder if Graham Henry will laugh uproariously if he is asked to take over England.... and if anybody will be able to tell if he does.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I wonder if Graham Henry will laugh uproariously if he is asked to take over England.... and if anybody will be able to tell if he does.

Graham Henry posted:

There is absolutely no chance of that happening

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...of-running.html

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
In vintage rugby journalism, my uncle-figure just posted this great clipping from his University days (in North Carolina in the '70s):

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Who's Jack White? Isn't he the guy from The White Stripes? Didn't realize he had such a rugby pedigree.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I found out today my de facto nephew is taking up both rugby and judo as of this weekend. If he keeps it up, :black101:

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Perhaps one day he too could be like a hairy bull bison in rut!

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
At the moment, he's like a rubber ball rage machine with anger issues who flips out when people give him poo poo back. Thankfully, he does understand that there are ways you are allowed tackle and ways you are not allowed tackle.

He is looking forward to learning all of them.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

It would be hilarious if Jake White becomes England coach. We could have bets what will happen first, the RFU firing him, or him firing the RFU. Can you imagine that arsehole trying to work cooperatively with the clubs?

e: Ha ha, according to this, he also has conditions about not being subjected to a application process: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/nov/12/rfu-warned-overseas-messiah-england-coach-exeter-rob-baxter

I think they'd be perfect for each other.

Unimpressed fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 13, 2015

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jake White has had to work within the structures set by the South African Rugby Union, who basically went out of their way to constantly undermine him - particularly in 2007. He's probably used to having to work with obstinate shitheads trying to cut his legs out from underneath him.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I would be totally down to signing an RFU coaching contract for a bajillion quid and then having them buy me out of it after 18 months.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
In Paris at the moment for a second honeymoon (first was spent being ill in Spain) and met my first Glasgow fans tonight as a coincidence after the game today was cancelled because of last night's events.

Very good people. Healing power of sport yet again confirmed to me: although not my wife, who is well drunk, partly because of the drinks they bought us.

Edit: wife wants me to point out that I'm the one who got a Glasgow kiss: it was pretty much like a normal kiss, but much more vodka-ey.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Leinster bad

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Yeah a pretty shite performance altogether. not to mention the loving bounce of the ball really didn't go our way.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pretty damning score, what/who went wrong?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Burgo posted:

Yeah a pretty shite performance altogether. not to mention the loving bounce of the ball really didn't go our way.

Wasps are an okay team but I'd have had this one down as a banker for Leinster. I'm more sad for the tenner I lost than the championship at this stage. I didn't follow the game but by the looks of the live text the Wasps try rattled them and it was error-city all game

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 15, 2015

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
If people are still checking this thread from the World Cup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_26kQzOLqRA

Remember that the small guy sometimes wins. When he does this game is the best in the world.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Jonah Lomu has died 😢

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
gently caress. :(

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Well that loving sucks.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
RIP

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo. That's awful. He was the big rugby inspiration for 9 year old me watching the 1995 world cup.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
gently caress :(

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

loving hell, only 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I'll never forget the joy of watching him stamp on tony underwoods chest on his way to score in the 95 world cup.

hitchensgoespop fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Nov 18, 2015