Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Sorry, unreasonable search and seizure is why the police shouldn't be loving spying on our every move for ~Reasons~. And there's a legit slippery slope argument here... just look at what the TSA has done, the patriot act, how the NYPD has been (and continues to) loving X-RAY PEOPLE'S HOUSES AND CARS every goddamn day without a warrant, notice, or any sort of oversight. As well as using microwave backscatter to snoop into people's private lives, again without any sort of warrant, notice, or oversight.

gently caress that, I like all of the amendments we have right now. They exist for a reason and should not be hosed with. It's too bad the government basically just ignores them now.

Rhyno posted:

I pissed off another motorist yesterday morning and she attacked me as well.

With a Burger King milkshake.

I caught a dunkin donuts iced coffee on the hood/windshield of my MJ a few years back, after something polite and trivial I did enraged a fat jersey shore motherfucker in a blinged out escalade. He wasn't amused by me flashing him a thumbs up, then pointing and laughing the next time I passed him. I was, though.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I was hard after a 10mm Delta Cup, but gently caress me, the prices are out of control lately.

I think Taurus had a 10 mm revolver at one point, I'd love to get one.

Once I get my LTC-A ALP (GF already did, after completing the MA required safety course and applying... she's accomplished in a few months what I haven't gotten around to doing in five years) I'll probably be picking up a ruger 10/22, some sort of cheap 12ga shotgun, and a redhawk 44 mag. Why? Because they're fun to shoot and so far I've been most accurate with the 44, aside from a 177 air rifle that doesn't really count :v: I have pretty much no intent of carrying regularly, mostly because internet rumors to the contrary, I probably couldn't actually bring myself to shoot someone and it'd likely be used against me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Ahahahahaha Cloud's in Smash Bros

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I need a good lager recommendation.

What do you folks like? I'm in Iowa, so if any one has a good local/regional beer, that would be awesome.

If you can get Great Lakes beers Dortmunder Gold and Eliot Ness are two of my favorite lagers and they're great examples of their respective styles.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

kastein posted:

NYPD has been (and continues to) loving X-RAY PEOPLE'S HOUSES AND CARS e

...... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Seriously?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

So many good sources, I can't choose!

https://www.google.com/search?q=nypd+x+ray+van

e. http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/10/the-nypd-is-using-mobile-x-rays-to-spy-on-unknown-targets/411181/

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

zundfolge posted:

If you can get Great Lakes beers Dortmunder Gold and Eliot Ness are two of my favorite lagers and they're great examples of their respective styles.

I'd just like to say that Great Lakes is generally good stuff. The only beer they make that people seem to be split on is Burning River. Dortmunder is their "flagship" beer and should be the easiest to find.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kastein posted:

some sort of cheap 12ga shotgun

Mossberg 500 is the best pump shotgun by far for the price point. I used to do a bunch of bird hunting and my 500 is about the best all around gun I have owned.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ffffffffff the autozone wheel bearing I bought last year is making noise. At the time my friend was helping me and he recommended it and said it would be fine. A few weeks later I had to do the other side, and knowing how to do it I bought a Moog part. Guess which one failed just out of warranty.

Also labbatts is a good lager and is what I'll be drinking now.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I still can't stop drinking NYF's

In fact I may go get a six pack later

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

Cage posted:

Also labbatts is a good lager and is what I'll be drinking now.

:staredog: Are you from 'Murica or something cuz Labbatts is something you get someone to buy you when you're a teenager up here...

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I'm from buffalo so basically I'm half Canadian.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

kastein posted:

I'll probably be picking up a ruger 10/22, some sort of cheap 12ga shotgun, and a redhawk 44 mag. Why? Because they're fun to shoot and so far I've been most accurate with the 44

As someone with all three, those are good choices :v: The Redhawk is fantastic; fun as hell and shoots like a laser. Knucklez is right about the Mossy 500/"Big 5 Special", it's a solid 12g. Both it and 10/22s have an aftermarket comparable with XJs so you can tweak 'em out forever.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Cage posted:

I'm revoking that half.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

I still can't stop drinking NYF's

In fact I may go get a six pack later

Have you tried Coney Island yet? I like it slightly more and it's the same price.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm revoking that half.
wat

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm revoking that half.

Seconded

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
I'm a rambling, gambling, hell of an engineer. Go Jackets, bust their rear end!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ain't nothing wrong with labatts if you usually go for 3 or 4 a night. Fancy poo poo gets expensive and is reserved for weekends.

Cage fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 13, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cage posted:

Ain't nothing wrong with labbatts if you usually go for 3 or 4 a night. Fancy poo poo gets expensive and is reserved for when someone dies.

Fixed for me. Well drinks for life.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Man I just cleaned up the garage and helicoiled some STI LCAs and I'm feeling fancy!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

As someone with all three, those are good choices :v: The Redhawk is fantastic; fun as hell and shoots like a laser. Knucklez is right about the Mossy 500/"Big 5 Special", it's a solid 12g. Both it and 10/22s have an aftermarket comparable with XJs so you can tweak 'em out forever.

The Ruger is a really fun range pistol. Love mine, but .22 got scarce for a while.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Nov 13, 2015

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cage posted:

Ain't nothing wrong with labatts if you usually go for 3 or 4 a night. Fancy poo poo gets expensive and is reserved for weekends.

See, I thought the same.

Then I realized I'd go through a 12 pack of cheap poo poo for the same price as a 6 pack of decent poo poo (plus or minus a buck) so I just drink decent poo poo, and save the good poo poo for payday weekend or special events.

Then again, socal spoils me for choice.

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah I was a loving wreck "trying to quit" for about a year and a half near the end and I was just getting progressively more and more miserable. I wouldn't say it gets "easier", it just becomes more manageable. There's a threshold point where you've got more to lose by giving into the cravings. Going through three days of withdrawal hell set it in my mind that there was no way in hell that I'm ever going through that again in my life.

I know there's a certain book out there that sells quitting cold turkey like its the easiest thing in the world, I've read it several times and its never as easy as that book sells it. For me I was just getting over a cold and was in a particularly lovely mood/place in life and just figured that quitting smoking certainly wasn't going to make things any worse.

The name of the book is called "Allen Carr's Easy Way to stop smoking."

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0615482155

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cage posted:

GO BILLS

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

I don't always drink milk, but when I do, I drink whole.

I can always tell it's cold because the cats treat me like an electric blanket.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Some time ago, I bought a Lenovo laptop. Came with w8.1. Hated it. Installed w7. Made the mistake of going to w10. In the process of reinstalling w7 and after the sp1 download/install it's hanging at checking for updates. Have quit, restarted twice and it still won't get past "checking for updates".

Damnit.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

CommieGIR posted:

The River is a really fun range pistol. Love mine, but .22 got scarce for a while.

I read this and can only think "avoid getting dependent on guns that use .22 in Fallout 4."

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Geoj posted:

Assuming there was a city-wide WiFi network administered by the municipality this would be technically possible but it would narrow down your location to "he's within X feet of this access point," and if you were driving it would be practically worthless.

Not being subjected to unreasonable search and seizure is a constitutional right. If the police need to obtain a warrant to wiretap a landline they should need to similarly obtain a warrant to track your cell phone activity.

Hypothetically speaking, they could flag your cell phone's IMEI erroneously during a dragnet operation using one of these, and lets say you happen to drive by a known drug house or other criminal enterprise law enforcement is watching. They could potentially use this evidence to arrest you on trafficking or accessory charges, and while you would likely have the charges dropped in the end do you really want to put up with standing trial for a major felony charge just because they flagged your phone and you coincidentally and through no fault of your own happened to be in the vicinity of criminal activity?

To put this in perspective, a lot of folks I know (myself included) would lose our jobs if we were charged with a felony, even if it was later dismissed.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I need a good lager recommendation.

What do you folks like? I'm in Iowa, so if any one has a good local/regional beer, that would be awesome.

Exile Brewing in Des Moines and Peace Tree out of Knoxville. I'm a huge fan of Peace Tree's Red Rambler, and Exile did a seasonal sour that was amazing recently.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 13, 2015

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Enourmo posted:

currently sitting in class and my materials professor (who is french) is currently going off on a tangent about Napoleon's army (talking about how their buttons disintegrated in the cold)

could this guy GET any more french?

I had this college professor that was Portuguese for 'world history since 1500' and he was the hugest rear end in a top hat. He had such a hate boner for America and looooved Portugal. He talked about all the things Portugal did BEFORE 1500 AD and so we should just worship them alone. He also denied the Spanish Inquisition existed and wore an eye patch. He was such a dick.

iwentdoodie posted:

See, I thought the same.

Then I realized I'd go through a 12 pack of cheap poo poo for the same price as a 6 pack of decent poo poo (plus or minus a buck) so I just drink decent poo poo, and save the good poo poo for payday weekend or special events.

Then again, socal spoils me for choice.

I used this same philosophy except for ice cream because I don't drink.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

SuperDucky posted:

I'm a rambling, gambling, hell of an engineer. Go Jackets, bust their rear end!

What's the good word?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

kastein posted:

I'll probably be picking up a ruger 10/22, some sort of cheap 12ga shotgun, and a redhawk 44 mag.

Nthing the 10/22, I have one, they are great plinking guns. My Marlin bolt .22 is slightly more accurate, but the 10/22 is just fun, and it's smaller and lighter to carry around. My brother has a Redhawk, and it's also a great gun, and a friggen tank, Rugers can handle super-hot loads forever.

The Mossberg is also a solid choice, and I'd probably own one except that I got a silly good deal on a Benelli M1 Super-90 probably 26 years ago, and don't see any point in getting another 12 gauge. Actually I haven't shot that in over a decade, I really should turn it into a nice pile of cash.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Deeters posted:

Have you tried Coney Island yet? I like it slightly more and it's the same price.

It was okay, but NYF's tastes more like A&W versus Barq's or whatever

Speaking of NYF's I just got home from a going away bar bash party and had three of them and indeed they were v good

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

leica posted:

GO BILLS
:hfive:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Pulled off a win, thank god. Rex better kick this team in the rear end and get some more wins, I want to see them in the playoffs.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

First world problems. New hardware showed up.

.... I don't have a PSU with an 8 pin motherboard connector. :sigh: I miiiight try the 4 to 8 pin ATX hack if I can't find another PSU (I have boxes the drat things somewhere), but that's a last resort.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

some texas redneck posted:

First world problems. New hardware showed up.

.... I don't have a PSU with an 8 pin motherboard connector. :sigh: I miiiight try the 4 to 8 pin ATX hack if I can't find another PSU (I have boxes the drat things somewhere), but that's a last resort.

Haha, let me know. I've got spare supplies and I forgot the second package anyways.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Don't worry about it. Turns out the 4 -> 8 pin hack works. :haw: I''m sure it's fall over if I had a remotely beefy video card on it that didn't have its own power connector, or had something pegging the CPU at 100% usage nonstop... but it just has an old GT240 in it, and it's just going to be running a little-used server.

I do know I have a better PSU sitting around... somewhere; the one I'm using one is now that came with a case. It's working well enough to get 2k12 installed, and it has a SATA power connector. The auto overclock in the BIOS is pretty sweet too, though it's a lot faster than I expected even at stock clock speeds.

Thanks again for the hardware, I owe you one or five.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I guess if you like something, drink it. Saw that root beer stuff in the store the other day and was a little surprised it's $10 a six pack. It does kind of annoy me that it is marketed as a secret recipe, made in a small craft brewery, but that's actually made in the same place as things like four loko and smirnoff ice and the "brewery" is owned by pabst. Although currently all the big breweries are losing market share so they are doing similar things.

Tonight we went hiking and then afterward had some pizza and beer. I had a really good ipa from Helena, mt.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Just walked into work and half the fancy new LED street lights in the car park are unlit. The other half have generators at the base with cables lashed in. I think someone made am expensive backhoe mistake.

Question about PC hardware. I have nowhere suitable for a desktop pc, is there such a thing as using a light laptop as a remote terminal for a PC, so I could put a PC capable of running real games like FO4 somewhere doing the hard work and just use the screen and keyboard of my laptop?

Or is this a stupid question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

gently caress all this gun chat, where can I get a CCW for a SADM?

Cakefool posted:

Question about PC hardware. I have nowhere suitable for a desktop pc, is there such a thing as using a light laptop as a remote terminal for a PC, so I could put a PC capable of running real games like FO4 somewhere doing the hard work and just use the screen and keyboard of my laptop?

Or is this a stupid question?

You can build a pretty powerful PC with a footprint not much larger than your average gaming console these days with the huge selection of microATX boards nowadays and the even smaller mini ITX stuff as well.

• Locked thread