Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

site posted:

So what you're saying is you're trying to deflect the fact that you're an anime shitlord yourself.

yes and no

I am an anime nerd motherfucker

I thought you were a cool poster and thought your av gave u ~gravitas~

then jag told me it was pol pot

and I lol'd lots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
Yeah, I think I'll make a rye bread tomorrow. I'll prepare a biga pre-ferment today, though.

Thanks, dadchat!

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
my av now has the most gravitas

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
rye bread is poo poo.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Aeryk posted:

who here wants some poverty? i got the good stuff, super concentrated.

I don't think anyone wants poverty, and individuals will often go to quite the discontortinist psychological lengths to explain how their poverty is not true poverty.

There is both quantitative and qualitative povery in America: poverty of assets and poverty of the soul. I think the simplest way to determine if someone is living in poverty and deserving of government asssistance is to merely ask them directly: "Are you poor?" Anyone who answers yes, no matter their gross earnings, should be able to qualify for assistance.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

On the day I was supposed to get from Cheyenne to Portland, i-80 was closed west of Cheyenne due to blizzard, and so were any paralleling surface roads.

So I had to detour through Denver, go across i70 deep into Utah, and come up through salt lake city. Finally just grabbing a hotel in Boise due to exhaustion.

But that whole section of i70 from the tunnel approach to the 120 mile stretch in Utah with no human habitation, to going down through lush snowy canyons for a surface road to i15 - it was loving gorgeous in the November snow

Its pretty crazy when you pass green river and an hour later realize that there has been nothing, nothing at all anywhere around you for a very long time and if anything happened you would likely be super stone cold dead by the time a helicoper could get you to the hospital.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Rye bread is great

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nintendo Kid posted:

Rye bread is great

anything that bitter better get me drunk or it can get out of my face

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

I don't think anyone wants poverty, and individuals will often go to quite the discontortinist psychological lengths to explain how their poverty is not true poverty.

There is both quantitative and qualitative povery in America: poverty of assets and poverty of the soul. I think the simplest way to determine if someone is living in poverty and deserving of government asssistance is to merely ask them directly: "Are you poor?" Anyone who answers yes, no matter their gross earnings, should be able to qualify for assistance.

sounds like you've come around to the communist mindset, friend

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Spaceman Future! posted:

Its pretty crazy when you pass green river and an hour later realize that there has been nothing, nothing at all anywhere around you for a very long time and if anything happened you would likely be super stone cold dead by the time a helicoper could get you to the hospital.

You can see dinosaur fossils in some of the cuts though, it's rad.

And the cell service is surprisingly good

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Volkerball posted:

rye bread is poo poo.

Volkerball, you're going to need to write that on a paper bag and address it to a disbelieving Zoux if you really want to rise to my levels of bad food beliefs

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

look, i'm not giving up any of my souls just because people won't conduct their own dark rituals. i earned those!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Volkerball posted:

anything that bitter better get me drunk or it can get out of my face

I've never had bitter rye bread. Only some that's a bit sweet

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Tesseraction posted:

yes and no

I am an anime nerd motherfucker

I thought you were a cool poster and thought your av gave u ~gravitas~

then jag told me it was pol pot

and I lol'd lots

Yeah, I'm reeeeeeal sorry to disappoint you...

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Tesseraction posted:

cool

remelia best one tho

i think u misspelled mai hasubandos name

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
should i go out drinkin tonight?

pros some people i havent seen in a while that i like, good wine at this place

cons i woke up three hours ago and getting drunk will ruin my lovely third shift sleep schedule

(i do not have to work until saturday night at least)

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nintendo Kid posted:

I've never had bitter rye bread. Only some that's a bit sweet

i don't know what word you want to describe it with, but "good" is not it. my body reacts to it the same way it reacts to a mouthful of sand. head down, mouth open, tongue move and just let it like fall out, so you don't accidentally get some on your lips.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Space Dandy is the only anime I've ever watched in the past year, and I'm comfortable with that.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
it's not even 10PM and I think I'm going to lie in bed and play some DS game, or surf the Internet. But I feel like curling up in bed. Yay cold weather, I'm glad you've arrived.

Either that or Depression II: Depression Harder is striking.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

site posted:

Yeah, I'm reeeeeeal sorry to disappoint you...

You shouldn't. I still think you're a rad poster, I was just making light over the av business.

I mean lol I know you don't give a gently caress what I think but you're a cool poster and I don't want you to think I'm trying to be antagonistic.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
rye bread is really good for the record

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Tesseraction posted:

senran kagura is an anime game where big titty women fight other big titty women to remove the others' clothing first

it is very popular amongst anime nerds and had a dedicated thread in games for a while based on a single poster's dedication to being fuckbarrelled at length

I remember the first Senran Kagura thread Dark_Tzitzimine posted. A bunch of people all tried to troll him at once - and seeing Senran Kagura why wouldn't you - and through his je ne sais quoi they just ended up tripping over themselves in their concentrated efforts to own the unownable and merely owned themselves.

There's a thread in Games today because he proved unflappable and carried on as though a dozen posters weren't implying he's a huge pervert every step of the way. What exactly makes Dark Tzitzimine so untrollable is worth academic research.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Swan Oat posted:

Yes

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

Small Frozen Thing posted:

i think u misspelled mai hasubandos name

takes talent to wear that much fabric and still be falling out of your clothes. i'm impressed.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

On the day I was supposed to get from Cheyenne to Portland, i-80 was closed west of Cheyenne due to blizzard, and so were any paralleling surface roads.

So I had to detour through Denver, go across i70 deep into Utah, and come up through salt lake city. Finally just grabbing a hotel in Boise due to exhaustion.

But that whole section of i70 from the tunnel approach to the 120 mile stretch in Utah with no human habitation, to going down through lush snowy canyons for a surface road to i15 - it was loving gorgeous in the November snow

why the hell are you doing 16 hr days on the road, youre going to die

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

Don't do it, he'll steal your gold!

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

paranoid randroid posted:

can confirm, I did 16 hours this past weekend and I wanted to die

note that I didn't even drive the whole time, it was still terrible

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

I've been drinking every night for the past week. Also every day. And every morning. Wine festival owns.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
when i was driving through the yukon at night, there was a stretch where i went hours and hours and hours without seeing so much as an oncoming car. it was really ominous. then i got to this one corner where they had made like a temporary road and bridge, and i look over the river, and the temporary road was there because the old bridge had collapsed. the same exact style of bridge i'd crossed about 20 of already. i can't even imagine how dead i'd have been if one of those fuckers had collapsed on me.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i did 14 hrs from arcata to riverside a couple of times and i have no idea why you would ever do that more than necessary

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

can confirm, I did 16 hours this past weekend and I wanted to die

note that I didn't even drive the whole time, it was still terrible

you can't even do it in euro truck simulator 2

what a lovely game

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

There's a thread in Games today because he proved unflappable and carried on as though a dozen posters weren't implying he's a huge pervert every step of the way. What exactly makes Dark Tzitzimine so untrollable is worth academic research.

tbh it's called 'confidence' and fair play to him he has confidence in his perversion

at least it's relatively harmless in his case......... i hope

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

page 8 best page for first posts

"jihadi john"

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

The alternative was more days in The Boring Middle.

Also back then I was on add meds so alertness wasn't an issue.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
roll you inspired me to bake bread this weekend.

I'm lazy so it's going to be just some pain l'ancienne from Peter Reinhart's book :effort:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

i did 14 hrs from ____

genuinely slip of the eye but thought I saw "from suicide" there and went WHOAAA

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Volkerball posted:

rye bread is poo poo.

I salute your service, Volkerball, and feel that national service should both result in expanded & expedited priviledges while also being made compulsory.

With that said, rye bread is not poo poo. It is not poo poo on its own; it is not poo poo on a reuben; it is not poo poo on a rachel.

Might I recommend expanding your experience of rye bread via patronage of a hyde park kosher deli? There is one in particular that I would recommend to you, if you are willing to make the commitment to earnestly and honestly indulge yourself in Jewish culture for a period of 30-60 minutes.

Swan Oat posted:

Answer: Yes.

All else after is extemporaneous.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Badger of Basra posted:

page 8 best page for first posts

"jihadi john"

i miss when we thought lil jinny was jihadi john

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

genuinely slip of the eye but thought I saw "from suicide" there and went WHOAAA

riverside is not unlike suicidal ideation, tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

My Imaginary GF posted:

I salute your service, Volkerball, and feel that national service should both result in expanded & expedited priviledges while also being made compulsory.

With that said, rye bread is not poo poo. It is not poo poo on its own; it is not poo poo on a reuben; it is not poo poo on a rachel.

Might I recommend expanding your experience of rye bread via patronage of a hyde park kosher deli? There is one in particular that I would recommend to you, if you are willing to make the commitment to earnestly and honestly indulge yourself in Jewish culture for a period of 30-60 minutes.

do they have burgers or no

• Locked thread