Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I missed the part where we were talking about the guy who did editing for Tim and Eric by like five pages, but I found this on a playlist of his videos and I think you guys will enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxmJlhXqoL8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Jewel Repetition posted:

I'm a little late to notice this but the place he's saying everyone in Iowa is stupid, is in Iowa.

I think it's the 3rd or 4th time he's said something like that about Iowa.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

He actually said Carson's psychopathy is like that of a child molester.

Meanwhile, the GOP establishment may be really panicking for real. Could it be time to draft another loser to run for office, just so we have someone who at least looks normal?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...0f76_story.html

This is pretty funny. They're so scared of all the nutjobs running that it sounds like they're willing to vote for Hillary.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Malloreon posted:

Why watch a lovely remake when the 1949 version won best picture?

how do i watch the 1949 version which won best picture in color

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

So when does Trump call him out for his facial hair and cause a media shitstorm as everyone breathlessly churns out facial hair analysis articles? Is it our responsibility to tweet this to trump?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Montasque posted:

Yep. He's got all sorts of cool stuff to do.

There's going to be a different reaction than there was to Jeb saying it for two reasons. One he actually might have better stuff to do. Two we all actually care whether he'd drop out so the threat is effective.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
So when does Trump just go full "Michael Richards" on Carson?

Montasque fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 13, 2015

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

oddium posted:

how do i watch the 1949 version which won best picture in color

you watch the black and white version and try to see the colors in it

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Montasque posted:

So when does Trump just go full "Michael Ricards" on Carson?

full Rick Santorum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgrhJSAaYIc

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

dont yall stop noticing it's not in color after a while? are people's brains too spoiled to do that any more

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

oystertoadfish posted:

dont yall stop noticing it's not in color after a while? are people's brains too spoiled to do that any more

4k release, or burn all copies.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
The remake of All the King's Mem is poo poo, yes.

Complaining about old movies being black and white is like complaining about TV shows prior to a decade ago being in 4/3 aspect ratio.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

did they just not realize they weren't filming in color or what ??

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
If you can't enjoy movies like Casablanca or Asphalt Jungle because they're in monochrome, well, boy, I dunno.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Meanwhile, the GOP establishment may be really panicking for real. Could it be time to draft another loser to run for office, just so we have someone who at least looks normal?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...0f76_story.html

Help, I read this article of Republican Serious Dynamic Strategists and Wealthy Influential Donors feeling existential dread over Trump's and Carson's chances, and I still have an erection.

It has been 4 hours.

Help

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If you can't enjoy movies like Casablanca or Asphalt Jungle because they're in monochrome, well, boy, I dunno.

i found casablanca in color but i can't find the other two. is casablanca a good substitute ??

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

William Bear posted:

Help, I read this article of Republican Serious Dynamic Strategists and Wealthy Influential Donors feeling existential dread over Trump's and Carson's chances, and I still have an erection.

It has been 4 hours.

Help

Well, Marco Rubio is in the prime of his Discovery phase, expect him to become the white knight of the Establishment's hopes and come close to matching Trump in the coming weeks.

Then comes Scrutiny and Decline.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

oddium posted:

i found casablanca in color but i can't find the other two. is casablanca a good substitute ??

'Casablanca' gets colorized, but don't play it again, Ted

quote:

On the night of Nov. 9, Ted Turner will present a colorized version of "Casablanca" on cable television. And that will be one of the saddest days in the history of the movies. It is sad because it demonstrates that there is no movie that Turner will spare, no classic however great that is safe from the vulgarity of his computerized graffiti gangs.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

sounds perfect for a computerized graffiti gangster like me, thanks. glad we could get to the bottom of this lads

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

William Bear posted:

It has been 4 hours.

Help

Don't be braggadocious about your yooooge and luxurious boner, please.

And lol about the anonymous GOP sentiment of "What if something terrible happens and Hillary isn't elected? We'll have 4 years of President Trump."

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I'm cool with movies being in black and white but it's weird that writing and acting were both so much less naturalistic in the old days.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Nonsense posted:

President Obama today came out saying 'Castle Black' would cost hundreds of billions of dollars.

That's what's so good about it. Imagine frontrunning that bad boy.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Patter Song posted:

Well, Marco Rubio is in the prime of his Discovery phase, expect him to become the white knight of the Establishment's hopes and come close to matching Trump in the coming weeks.

Then comes Scrutiny and Decline.

The Rubio campaign seems to be pretty good at getting ahead of attacks and turning them into minor issues.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Base Camp Blanket posted:

I'm cool with movies being in black and white but it's weird that writing and acting were both so much less naturalistic in the old days.

i assume they still lived with the memory of the days when normal people cared about live theater and all of its silliness

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

oystertoadfish posted:

i assume they still lived with the memory of the days when normal people cared about live theater and all of its silliness

All the actors and writers and whatnot came from theatre.

jerk1000
Dec 3, 2014
nm was thinking of blackboard jungle

jerk1000 fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 13, 2015

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 22, 2016

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

jerk1000 posted:

nm was thinking of blackboard jungle

I don't know, I'm not a big film buff. I just thought it was a really solid heist film. But I guess let's say Touch of Evil.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Triglav posted:

All the actors and writers and whatnot came from theatre.

Yeah, and you get this sense that old film-making is suffused with the idea that it knows it is a fiction, it knows that the audience knows that it is a fiction, so why even bother making too much effort at realism? Almost like it served a fundamentally different purpose as entertainment qua entertainment than our media & movies & games do today.

This has something to do with the postmodern cultural turn and the disillusionment brought on by late capitalism but I'm too tired to fake a Zizek tonight.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Where can I go to see one of the older black and white plays performed?

I've actually seen plays done in black and white - set was painted in monochrome, lighting, and grey/white/black makeup. It made it look like an old movie, which was exactly the style they were shooting for. Very cool effect when done well.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If you prefer the new Manchurian Candidate to the old you will be the first against the wall

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i dont like this ben carson candidacy - i prefer the old minstrel shows

i guess thats a hamhanded unfunny way to call him an uncle tom. oh well

i guess2 theres probably an uncle tom's cabin black and white movie i couldve referenced if id wanted to maybe not be embarrassing

is trump the color version of citizen kane

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Nov 13, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

oddium posted:

did they just not realize they weren't filming in color or what ??

Calvin's Dad: The original online forum troll.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i was wishing i still had all the calvin and hobbeses ever when i read that

vvv it all makes sense now

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

oystertoadfish posted:

is trump the color version of citizen kane

No, Mussolini.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

oystertoadfish posted:

i was wishing i still had all the calvin and hobbeses ever when i read that

vvv it all makes sense now

Literally the best. Everyone should own the complete collection.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Jeb! offering "chest-bumps" for new supporters. http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/12/politics/jeb-bush-ted-cruz-chest-bump/

:cripes:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
All new supporters will get a small percentage of my superPAC's budget.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

when that guy opened up Baby Got PAC a day or three ago i think a lot of political money grubber people reacted like the reporter lady in the background did to the 'would you abort baby hitler' question

these idiots really dont deserve their smug sense of Serious Personage and its nice that their lie-world is fragmenting into dead hitler baby shaped shards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So, Carson's a massive hypocrite about punishment/justice for wrongdoers. Of course his convictions disappear when they would apply to someone he likes. Being in business with his felonious best friend might be a factor too, admittedly.

• Locked thread