Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
The only celeb turning him down for a picture story he wasn't mad at was Nic Cage. Still a great story.

HUH?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Who was that celebrity Rich Vos pissed off by handing a permanent marker to tip first and got ink all over their hands? Best Vos call-in ever.

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005

Chromatic posted:

The only celeb turning him down for a picture story he wasn't mad at was Nic Cage. Still a great story.

HUH?!

Is that the one where Jimmy was watching a documentary featuring Nic Cage/a Nic Cage FEATURE FILM on his laptop while the dude was sitting right next to him?

Jesus Christ, Jimmy truly is a loving worm.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
http://time.com/4102387/jim-norton-donald-trump-snl/

Jimmy with the deep, cutting political insight.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TL posted:

http://time.com/4102387/jim-norton-donald-trump-snl/

Jimmy with the deep, cutting political insight.

He writes like a third grader doing his first essay. Which explains why he wants to vote for Trump but wants 'a more in-depth explanation about making America great.' Has Jimmy always been this stupid, or am I just picking it up now?

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Jimmy is quick witted, doesn't mean he knows poo poo about anything.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
In the 11/5/15 show, I think Ron slipped at one point and accidentally called Gail "Kim". Dunno if it's part of kayfabe or just some random slip of the tongue.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Morter posted:

In the 11/5/15 show, I think Ron slipped at one point and accidentally called Gail "Kim". Dunno if it's part of kayfabe or just some random slip of the tongue.

Gail's real name is Gail so it must've been a slip.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

He always talks about 'his girl' like he wants to keep his private life private. Maybe Kim is his girlfriend or wife?

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

He writes like a third grader doing his first essay. Which explains why he wants to vote for Trump but wants 'a more in-depth explanation about making America great.' Has Jimmy always been this stupid, or am I just picking it up now?

You're asking if Jim Norton, a man who goes on rants about Europe being terrible because World War 2 happened there, is stupid?

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Try listening to his advice show. Sniff sniff grunt meetings.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

I was curious about Lady Di for some reason so looked her up on the subreddit. Apparently, she's in some sort of rehab/hospital/nursing home now and is in the midst of Alcohol-related dementia/delirium tremens. According to one poster, they got her into treatment after someone found her in the bathroom yelling at some dog that wasn't there. She's also been texting people thinking that they're Bill and to come pick her up.

Kinda lovely but she was the drunk all day every day type for 20 years. There's only one end to that story.

https://www.reddit.com/r/opieandanthony/comments/3qwe27/update_from_lady_dis_son/

https://www.reddit.com/r/opieandanthony/comments/3s1p14/get_yet_lady_di_updates_here/

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Nov 11, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Her internship was one of the most fascinating things I've ever listened to. I can't remember a time before (or since) that I was so interested in the show and had to listen ASAP. Hilarious and ultimately depressing.. I truly am thankful for the veteran Diana Orbani.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

She would just drop into the studio to drop bombs and then leave. "Oh and I forgot to mention that I lost my virginity in an abandoned building on a door." She was definitely going through withdrawals during that time too. Puking, making GBS threads and scaring America Ferrera out of the restrooms.

Definitely the last classic thing that show ever did.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8AoyoA3GlE&t=2301s

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Chromatic posted:

O&A went out making GBS threads, puking, making old ladies feel terrible, with a whimper of a racist blowout.

Seems appropriate.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Morter posted:

O&A went out making GBS threads, puking, making old ladies feel terrible, with a whimper of a racist blowout.

Seems appropriate.

I still believe there's one big Opie-Jim on-air argument left before the flame goes out.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
It's pretty loving sad when Kenny is one of the most engaging people on the show.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
This popped up in my youtube feed, seemed appropriate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0dfOI934Ow

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Thanks for this, I was feeling all bored and depressed on my day off, now I'm happy again. WATER BUFFALER.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Lady MNYEHH

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Not sure if it was during the intern week but, about "Tough Guy" Marion, the line that Ant says about her: "She couldn't come to the phone, because she was too busy putting up her dukes."

Always slays me.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Her internship was one of the most fascinating things I've ever listened to. I can't remember a time before (or since) that I was so interested in the show and had to listen ASAP. Hilarious and ultimately depressing.. I truly am thankful for the veteran Diana Orbani.

Chromatic posted:

She would just drop into the studio to drop bombs and then leave. "Oh and I forgot to mention that I lost my virginity in an abandoned building on a door." She was definitely going through withdrawals during that time too. Puking, making GBS threads and scaring America Ferrera out of the restrooms.

But what a way to go out: finally dealing with Lady Di's issues, and showing how bad off she was while having her just wreak havoc on Sirius. The America Ferrera story still has to be one of the best things ever, just to hear how Ugly Betty had to deal with a horrific, EC Comics-like look into the life of an addict. It's like an afterschool special made by Lucio Fulci.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
It was just announced that East Side Dave is getting a show on Anthony's network. Apparently it means no more Watchers or Davey Mac Sports Program.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

TL posted:

It was just announced that East Side Dave is getting a show on Anthony's network. Apparently it means no more Watchers or Davey Mac Sports Program.

Anthony will be smart to keep concentrating on getting other awesome people for the network, because his own show is the crappiest. I'm hoping Dave doesn't do a sports centric show (even though Davey Mac Sports Program barely is)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

How Much Art posted:

Anthony will be smart to keep concentrating on getting other awesome people for the network, because his own show is the crappiest. I'm hoping Dave doesn't do a sports centric show (even though Davey Mac Sports Program barely is)

Only Roy's going to be his cohost so I can't imagine them doing a sports show.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Dave was at his peak being a bitchboy for Ron and O&A. I really wish he'd just shove balloons up his rear end again.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

onemillionzombies posted:

Dave was at his peak being a bitchboy for Ron and O&A. I really wish he'd just shove balloons up his rear end again.

dave's peak was doing chinky the puppet every single week on davey mac sports program until it got too racist for even him

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
dave loving kicks rear end and i'll listen to any show he hosts.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZBNn_S53SE

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

oh my god yes. this is the greatest episode of any podcast in history.

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005

Under the vegetable posted:

dave's peak was doing chinky the puppet every single week on davey mac sports program until it got too racist for even him

Excuse you, Dave's peak was sticking his dick in Fez's jelly jar while loudly demanding that Lilly look him in the eyes.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i kinda wish Dave didn't get absorbed into the Cumia Network

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

It's been interesting listening to Jimmy the past few days in light of the Charlie Sheen news. You can literally hear how freaked out he is over the whole thing. He said the other day on Anthony's show that he might be done loving hookers.

Probably not though.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I love that it took this to get Jimmy to realize that maybe unprotected sex with hookers might not be a great idea.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Paul Kersey posted:

It's been interesting listening to Jimmy the past few days

That is not possible.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TL posted:

I love that it took this to get Jimmy to realize that maybe unprotected sex with hookers might not be a great idea.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I've love to hear the reasoning for it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

He hosed Brea Olsen right? I think that would be the reason it's hitting close to home for him.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I never thought about it too much, but his whole brag about banging hookers without a condom sounds more like something a dumb 20 year old would say to show off to his friends. And since Jim mentally never really grew out of his late teens it isn't shocking that he runs with that to make him sound cool. Just about all prostitutes will not let you have sex with them condom-free ... especially ones you find on Craigslist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I'd have guessed that somebody who bangs hookers without a condom and has money would be on PrEP by now, but eh.

• Locked thread