Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Yes, you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

You're meant to compare pre-tax income as opposed to liabilities and determine who has the lowest debt/income ratio and then they pay the bill.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Generations are a pseudo-scientific concept that means nothing and has no relevance and you're a big fat idiot goon for believing in any of it.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Drone_Fragger posted:

You're meant to compare pre-tax income as opposed to liabilities and determine who has the lowest debt/income ratio and then they pay the bill.

'Hey boys I'm here to date and meet new people - don't message me unless you have a portfolio of taxable income and subsidies organised going back at least 3 years! xoxo'

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

extra stout posted:

tell yourself that if it makes you feel better but I talk woodworking with some 90 year old WWII vets and they make it very clear that they're disappointed not with my generation or yours, but with every human being who doesn't work with their hands and who won't fist fight for what they believe in

this puts the average generation x person slightly below the average millennial kid growing his own weed in terms of the value of their life to the oldest toughest men on the planet

You realize this is in the context of veterans talking to one another, right? Not just some random kid talking to them, but someone with a similar background. Because WW2 vets normally don;t like the Vietnam era guys, I mean I know it might sound silly, but a lot of those guys see Vietnam as a disgrace and blame it on the poor bastards forced to fight there.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know if any of you noticed but babies are born all the time, so it must mean that putting artificial borders around generations is a bunch of bogus hoo-hah.

What's just as bogus is ascribing personalities to entire groups like they're bugs. This generation is courageous/selfish/disillusioned/entitled. It is actually annoying. I am annoyed by this whack pop-science.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Booblord Zagats posted:

I mean I know it might sound silly, but a lot of those guys see Vietnam as a disgrace and blame it on the poor bastards forced to fight there.
It is silly. They're wrong.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Justin Tyme posted:

my hobbies are watching netflix and playing video games and listening to music

you'll find me drinking wine and snuggling on the weekends, lol!

Wanna grab a bite to eat? My treat

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
My generation thinks and behaves exactly like people born in 1350 AD. To think otherwise is sudokuscience and crackery.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

m'lady chat reminded me of the only funny Amy Schumer skit that I know of

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Omi-Polari posted:

I don't know if any of you noticed but babies are born all the time, so it must mean that putting artificial borders around generations is a bunch of bogus hoo-hah.

What's just as bogus is ascribing personalities to entire groups like they're bugs. This generation is courageous/selfish/disillusioned/entitled. It is actually annoying. I am annoyed by this whack pop-science.

generational labels are primarily for marketing purposes

hth

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

I heard younger millennials are actually bad with technology because of all the touch screens and consumption focused tech. Is this true? I hope so because im mediocre and i want to keep my job

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

Brotherhood of Nod was fun, but I was always more a GDI type.

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing

Blockade posted:

I heard younger millennials are actually bad with technology because of all the touch screens and consumption focused tech. Is this true? I hope so because im mediocre and i want to keep my job

Drawing on my experience with my teenage cousins, entirely true. Other than knowing how to operate a smartphone they're all technologically retarded. Godspeed mediocre IT guy.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Ahundredbux posted:

As a millennial I only connect with middle aged women in the medical profession

mmmm, yea...

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

That raspy sound you hear at the end of their sentences is so annoying and it's everywhere now. It's not even that vocal fry thing, everything just sounds so artificial like it's audio compression done badly.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Schnedwob posted:

how am i gonna know when it's alright to be intimate with another person if i haven't first made some sort of transaction - a millenial

you think this belongs to millenials lol

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

(ancient greek man literally buys daughter from neighbor to marry, fucks her)

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Yeah, but the ancient Greek man knew it was acceptable to be intimate with her under almost any circumstances. You know, sacking a city, disguised as a ram, random encounter while bathing in a stream, pretty much anything really.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Omi-Polari posted:

Boy did you skip consumer capitalism 101

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I've never liked the whole "greatest generation" moniker given to WWII vets. They do deserve the title, but the hubris behind it is kind of off-putting.

My favourite thing though was some documentary on the History Channel where a WWII vet goes "It was a great time, and terrible too. Some people say we're the greatest generation.... and, uhhhh..... yeah, we are the greatest generation." Rock on old dude, own that poo poo.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I've never liked the whole "greatest generation" moniker given to WWII vets. They do deserve the title, but the hubris behind it is kind of off-putting.

My favourite thing though was some documentary on the History Channel where a WWII vet goes "It was a great time, and terrible too. Some people say we're the greatest generation.... and, uhhhh..... yeah, we are the greatest generation." Rock on old dude, own that poo poo.

The generation before them was even harder. The Greatest Generation were kids in 1929; their parents were the ones who had to see them through our worst decade of the 20th century. The folks who fought through the depression were tough.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I think a good global war followed by a crippling global depression will kick the pussy millennials into shape

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

plain blue jacket posted:

I think a good global war followed by a crippling global depression will kick the pussy millennials into shape

"Bombers were seen flying over the enemy capital of Baghdad, in a propaganda campaign where the dankest of memes were released in the thousands above the citizens of that war torn country. Clutching a leaflet that had fallen out of the sky, a local mother of three was heard to exclaim '..... deekbuht???'"

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Groovelord Neato posted:

what emotional game playing. i don't expect a woman to like me or sex me because i paid for dinner.

Nah, it's just a calculated risk / investment and how you feel depends on your hit rate.

Gain forty pounds and keep buying dinners and get back to us

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Isis is years ahead of the US in meme technology

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

extra stout posted:

tell yourself that if it makes you feel better but I talk woodworking with some 90 year old WWII vets and they make it very clear that they're disappointed not with my generation or yours, but with every human being who doesn't work with their hands and who won't fist fight for what they believe in

this puts the average generation x person slightly below the average millennial kid growing his own weed in terms of the value of their life to the oldest toughest men on the planet

I'll kick their asses in Call of Duty.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I am very smart and worldly wise

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Grand Prize Winner posted:

The generation before them was even harder. The Greatest Generation were kids in 1929; their parents were the ones who had to see them through our worst decade of the 20th century. The folks who fought through the depression were tough.

I agree and I think everyone should watch a documentary on the dust bowl. Those people were living through apocalyptic times, burying dead children a couple of times a week. It's some of the most horrific poo poo I've seen a group of people live through.

Pictures look like screen shots from a Fallout game.

FlimFlam Imam fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 13, 2015

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Blockade posted:

Yeah, Had to use command line on one of the receptionists' PC to get her phone integrated properly and now she thinks I am a hacker

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

this thread has really lost the .jpg aspect and that is a bad thing because i really do not care about the goon opinions of young people

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

The Puppet Master posted:

this thread has really lost the .jpg aspect and that is a bad thing because i really do not care about the goon opinions of young people

Have this

edit (drat that's some crap photoshoppery)

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The Puppet Master posted:

Yeah post more memes for this mellenial

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.generationaldynamics.com/ww2010.htm

Crazy guy goes down the "generations are real and explains everything" rabbit hole. A peek into madness.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

http://www.generationaldynamics.com/ww2010.htm

Crazy guy goes down the "generations are real and explains everything" rabbit hole. A peek into madness.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmji36q8E4o

lol just lol.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Maoist Pussy posted:

Well, sometimes they walk really slow in front of you because they have lots of children and also because time moves according to Magical Realism for them.

sick Chicano Literature burn MP

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

While this girl is dumb, so is Niel.

Niel's argument that if the 1% paid 100% of their income as taxes, they alone could only sustain medicare for 3 years.

Which means if they paid 33% of their income in taxes, they alone could sustain medicare for 1 year.

Which is what we call taxes

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Madcosby posted:

While this girl is dumb, so is Niel.

Niel's argument that if the 1% paid 100% of their income as taxes, they alone could only sustain medicare for 3 years.

Which means if they paid 33% of their income in taxes, they alone could sustain medicare for 1 year.

Which is what we call taxes

Jesus gently caress though, how is KEE-LEE the best media representative they can get?

Also, what's up with Neil Cavuto sounding so whiny and having that constant vocal fry in his speech? Has Fox Business just been the monkey fight channel this whole time and nobody told me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Pvt Dancer posted:

That raspy sound you hear at the end of their sentences is so annoying and it's everywhere now. It's not even that vocal fry thing, everything just sounds so artificial like it's audio compression done badly.

what the gently caress are you talking about

• Locked thread