Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

WHE SHE SUCC THE WHOEL SPAGGOTO

SPAGHET!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
http://info.sonicretro.org/List_of_Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Library_sequences

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
it looks like that $70k 'photoshoot' was actually a wizard of oz themed party.

i have thrown parties more expensive than $70k so that's not that concerning really

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i have thrown parties more expensive than $70k so that's not that concerning really

congrats on being first against the wall I guess

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Beast of Bourbon posted:

the photoshoot was done at an "executive offsite" and used in promotional posters for the theme party

because god knows employees love watching executives waste money on junkets

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

bump_fn posted:

congrats on being first against the wall I guess

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

e: lol phoneposting

ol qwerty bastard fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 13, 2015

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

ol qwerty bastard posted:

hedonism is the only way

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

DiggityDoink posted:

hedonism is the only way

i prefer solipsism but that's me

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

syscall girl posted:

i prefer solipsism but that's me

solipsism is perfectly compatible with living an ethical, aesthetic, or religious life.

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
its those loving cybers man

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

its those loving cybers man

cyber what

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7gxsGAsugA

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aw yea nerf those loving sabers

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

storm troopers have cortosis-weave weapons now? but that's far too rare and brittle of a metal to mass produce for a rifle like that i mean c'mon

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

ol qwerty bastard posted:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

storm troopers have cortosis-weave weapons now? but that's far too rare and brittle of a metal to mass produce for a rifle like that i mean c'mon

cortosis is out of canon

that's clearly some sort of electric thingy which makes sense considering that the lightsaber is either light or plasma so they don't have to make up some new element and oh god what is wrong with me

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's just midichlorian infused.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
It doesn't look like a rifle to me, more like some kind of crazy electric staff thing

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

duTrieux. posted:

cortosis is out of canon

that's clearly some sort of electric thingy which makes sense considering that the lightsaber is either light or plasma so they don't have to make up some new element and oh god what is wrong with me

it's prolly supposed to be phrik like the staves that the magnaguards had in the last movie (and the samurai jack guy's clone wars cartoon)

but that stuff was also supposed to be super expensive which is why only elite droids had it or w/e

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
whoo boy

i'm just so tired of all these star wars

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

you're better than this, c'mon

also i'm assuming that there's only a small cadre of troopers tasked with hunting force-sensitives so it's not like defenses against lightsabers would need to be mass-produced

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

growing_spergin.gif

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
well it sounds like the first order is pretty elite already and captain phasma of tarth has that :krad: chrome outfit so i wouldn't put it past them to have access to the metals that can resist lightsabers

i mean it's not like lightsabers are magic, and they clearly aren't even that hot if a human can hold them. you saw how long it took qui gon to cut through that door and it was probably just regular steel

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

cls: days away from London female friend visiting causing gf and other female friends to engage in a level of meta-cattiness I don't even understand :magical:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

growing_spergin.gif

you got it

easily the best star wars thing to date

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
also that stormtrooper clearly has some electric something or other and lightsabers are electromagnetic, quod sequitur he can resist it or whatever. can a lightsaber go through a deflector shield?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Light sabers can melt steel beams.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

duTrieux. posted:

solipsism is perfectly compatible with living an ethical, aesthetic, or religious life.

i don't care for it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
they also had a p good mace windu thing

he's black goku

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
here's the whole thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj07qh51zPI

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Gender Tartakovsky

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

duTrieux. posted:

cortosis is out of canon

weren't there droids in episode 3 with electro-sticks that were lightsabre proof? or was that just in the clone wars cartoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's prolly supposed to be phrik like the staves that the magnaguards had in the last movie (and the samurai jack guy's clone wars cartoon)

but that stuff was also supposed to be super expensive which is why only elite droids had it or w/e

yeah

i loving hope that the new movie shits all over the old eu as much as possible

a long scene where thrawn drunkenly crashes his star destroyer into a sun

boba fetts melted corpse is hosed out of his armour which is then melted into scrap and used to make a toilet

tatooine's sun dies out, killing everyone on the planet

• Locked thread