Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Yeah you're right, I'm just blurting out stuff without really thinking about it. Sorry about that.
No, you're not crazy or wrong. You wrote a concise criticism that was dismissed without any concrete counter. You didn't sign up for "The TwoBestFriends Markiplier Show" and you're allowed to voice that opinion and stand by it. Just because criticism might make someone upset doesn't somehow mean you're suddenly wrong. Criticism is good when it's valid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Silentman0 posted:

Please only play games that you're excited about or hate on the channel, thanks in advance. When you play games you don't care about, it really sucks.

Edit: I hope I'm allowed to post criticism since Matt posted today.

Literally your edit made you 1000 times more pissy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CJacobs posted:

It's times like these I miss my

Anime is for jerks.

avatar. In fact I have this saved still specifically so I could someday rebuy it if I felt like it, but seabass will do fine for now.

How predictably boring

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

havenwaters posted:

Do we know if they're even doing the direct
Liam posted on Reddit that the Direct Reactions video will be up on Sunday and that (Smash Bros reveal spoiler) you'll get to see him "eat crow super loving hard".

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

No, you're not crazy or wrong. You wrote a concise criticism that was dismissed without any concrete counter. You didn't sign up for "The TwoBestFriends Markiplier Show" and you're allowed to voice that opinion and stand by it. Just because criticism might make someone upset doesn't somehow mean you're suddenly wrong. Criticism is good when it's valid.

Aww, I wouldn't go as far as saying Markplier, but yeah, it's a valid (and general also) criticism worded nicely - don't beat yourself up over it, dude.

Also something I forgot to mention, Woolie is avoiding Blazblue so hard that he brought out Vanguard Fuckin' (please don't) Princess first. Looking forward to Aquapazza, Shin Koihime Musou and IaMP next!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Woolie, I get that you're try to keep a gag going, but putting pedophillia fisticuffs isn't funny

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dias posted:

Aww, I wouldn't go as far as saying Markplier
Yeah that was sorta harsh. It's more directed at the "greatest soldier in the world" "hey Yuri" etc.. injokes than Undertale really. But even that is lessening. I guess it was mostly a phase.

HGH fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Nov 13, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

Woolie, I get that you're try to keep a gag going, but putting pedophillia fisticuffs isn't funny

I remember the first time I played VP. Someone mentioned it as this anime-kinda-creepy game with some interesting mechanics and I thought "eh, it's probably about as bad as Arcana Heart, and that game is not THAT bad". So, since it was on a bundle with some cool SHMUPs, I picked it up and tweeted a joke about it. I got an immediate answer:

"Holy poo poo, Vanguard Princess, that game is creepy as gently caress, why would you play that?"

The guy that tweeted this plays Melty Blood (he's actually very good at it). He played SKM, some other questionable anime games, he gave Arcana Heart a chance...dude had some built-up anime resistance is what I'm saying. Vanguard Princess was too creepy for him. So...yeah. Vanguard Princess.

HGH posted:

Yeah that was sorta harsh. It's more directed at the "greatest soldier in the world" "hey Yuri" etc.. injokes than Undertale really. But even that is lessening. I guess it was mostly a phase.

I think the MGSV LP isn't suffering from not letting things breathe, it's just the game giving them less to talk about than expected so they just...died for a while. Even Pat died, and that doesn't happen too often! I blame it on the game 100% because even playing by myself I had to push through some of the mid-late chapter 1 missions.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Dias posted:

I think the MGSV LP isn't suffering from not letting things breathe, it's just the game giving them less to talk about than expected so they just...died for a while.

This. In their Let's Watch MGS4 video, the guys had TONS of stuff to talk and shoot poo poo about, even though Matt and Pat admitted they didn't like the game that much. MGSV is lackluster in this regard.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, it probably would have been the game that would have most benefited from editing/the classic clip show style treatment for episodes. Because when we do get to cool/lame moments, it's actually worth it most of the time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
For some reason I mixed up vanguard princess and valkyrie profile so I thought it was some anime soldier fighting game or something. I don't know what vanguard princess is but these reactions are really severe, so it'll probably be a trainwreck

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Time to inject some positivity here:

Alas poor Joe, I knew him well.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
People playing these types of fighting games has to turn off the terrible, annoying voice clips right? I'm going slightly nuts by just watching this video.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If those people are the same as Maximilian's audience, then no, they actually want them.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

HGH posted:

Time to inject some positivity here:

Alas poor Joe, I knew him well.

95% of people are terrible.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Commissar Ken posted:

:agreed:

Also, Matt, you should be ashamed you don't wanna sacrifice your honeymoon for more time in the clock.

I thought the joke setup was pretty obvious, but I guess not.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Sacrifice your wife for more time on the clock: an actual Death Note plot point (kinda).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm really looking forward to Dante from the Devil May Cry series getting into Smash next.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I'm really looking forward to Dante from the Devil May Cry series getting into Smash next.

He's already been in like 10 crossovers, he's taking a break

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

He's already been in like 10 crossovers, he's taking a break

Would you say he's NOT motivated? :rimshot:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I would be 100% on board with Smash Bros just having legendary video game characters. If they somehow got Master Chief in there or something similar, that'd be great. And the Samus x Master Chief fanart would never, ever end.

Al-Saqr posted:

This is something I've been noticing a lot in SBFP recently, in really tense and emotional moments in games there's an insistence by matt and the gang to keep talking over it with quips and catchphrases even when the game is trying to say or convey or show something central to the experience, which kind of gives a sense of dismissiveness that kills the moment or takes away from the viewers ability to really get a sense for the game, It makes me wonder whether they're actually experiencing the game or whether they're enjoying it or not. It makes the whole LP experience just feel in constant tempo rather than have the highs, lows or breaks needed to experience the games vicariously through SBFP. I remember the second I entered the new home segment I was in total silent 'oh poo poo' mode. it's not just undertale though, I'm noticing it as a general trend in SBFP, it's not as bad as game grumps, but I'm noticing it more and more, maybe I'm just crazy.
I just watched the part where they went through New Home, and I didn't get that impression one bit. Like, they weren't in SUPER SERIAL mode but they weren't yukkin' it up during the scripted story sequence aside from Liam saying "plot dump". And it is a plot dump. It's a particularly well-written, paced, and orchestrated one, but it's still a plot dump.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Sounds like Project X Zone 2 is much bettered paced and has more new attacks as you level up

but you have all the characters by the end of stage 20 and there's 20 more stages after that

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

I just watched the part where they went through New Home, and I didn't get that impression one bit. Like, they weren't in SUPER SERIAL mode but they weren't yukkin' it up during the scripted story sequence aside from Liam saying "plot dump". And it is a plot dump. It's a particularly well-written, paced, and orchestrated one, but it's still a plot dump.

Yeah, neither did I. Ain't got much to criticize about Undertale other than please faster episodes.

Also I tried to tell you to record desktop here for this game, hehe. Was worried about...future events, nice to see you got a heads-up.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

CJacobs posted:

It's times like these I miss my

Anime is for jerks.

avatar. In fact I have this saved still specifically so I could someday rebuy it if I felt like it, but seabass will do fine for now.

Why bother saving avs when they're already on SOAP forever

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dias posted:

Yeah, neither did I. Ain't got much to criticize about Undertale other than please faster episodes.

Also I tried to tell you to record desktop here for this game, hehe. Was worried about...future events, nice to see you got a heads-up.

I decided to drop 3 bucks on vessel for Undertale videos. The next ones a humdinger for sure.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Strange Quark posted:

Why bother saving avs when they're already on SOAP forever

I've still got the original psd I used to make the av because I have a folder with that stuff in it in case I gently caress it up and need to fix it or something. I have never had to do that but I'm sure the first time I upload my Jeff Gerstmann shrine avatar without keeping a version for editing something will be hosed up with it and I'll be out of luck. It's like less than 1 mb large so there's really no point in getting rid of it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
But Jeff Gerstmann is A Jerk too, you know.

So's Vinny. So's Austin. So was Ryan. Alex is somewhat of A Jerk as well, and Dan has enjoyed being A Jerk with what limited exposure to Jerkiness he's had. Drew is a conundrum, but possibly A Jerk. And Rorie's like Alex in that regard. Brad...Brad is an Imposter Jerk.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wAkvM-rttM

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Commissar Ken posted:

Okami is better than Viewtiful Joe

Tae posted:

The video is strong

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Captain Invictus posted:

But Jeff Gerstmann is A Jerk too, you know.

So's Vinny. So's Austin. So was Ryan. Alex is somewhat of A Jerk as well, and Dan has enjoyed being A Jerk with what limited exposure to Jerkiness he's had. Drew is a conundrum, but possibly A Jerk. And Rorie's like Alex in that regard. Brad...Brad is an Imposter Jerk.

Whoa whoa whoa. I can take the rest of them being jerks but there is no man more beyond reproach than Vincent 'Honest Vinny' Caravella.

Rodyle posted:

Nah.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Jerk part in that instance refers to the liking of anime, which Vinny Here's My Melted Gouf Caravella is guilty of.

Also yes, easily better. VJ is still good though.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Okami is better than VJ for the first 100 hours. I think it loses a lot of steam for the last two quarters tho.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

Sounds like Project X Zone 2 is much bettered paced and has more new attacks as you level up

but you have all the characters by the end of stage 20 and there's 20 more stages after that
I dunno, that sounds good to me. You get the freedom to gently caress around with the entire party and still have it count.
I heard they went full in on the P2W DLC though, which is sad since the previous game didn't have any at all.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

Okami is better than VJ for the first 100 hours. I think it loses a lot of steam for the last two quarters tho.

Pat kind of puts it best: Okami is a trilogy, and the 2nd game is the best entry. The last one is still good though! Yami just isn't as good as Ninetails is all.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
more importantly there's a ton of enemies and story from Streets of Rage 3, which is the best

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

more importantly there's a ton of enemies and story from Streets of Rage 3, which is the best

but the best is streets of rage 2 tho

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Ever since that Ghost Detective game that I forget the name of (Pat and I at least) try to play games we give a poo poo about one way or another. For example, Ride to Hell Retribution we knew would be something stupid/special from the start in a negative standpoint. Then I really wanted to do Until Dawn because I had been looking forward to that FOREVER. Soma we kinda organically started playing, and thought it would make a decent LP. And the next LP we do is gonna be a small break from horror, that's a short dumb story mode for a big franchise that should be good for a laugh.

I think the last few games we've played on the channel that I really didn't give a poo poo about were Degenki Bunko Fighting Climax and X Tekken. I literally had nothing to say about them.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

You are flat out wrong

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
3/4 is still a good grade. It's a B really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

HGH posted:

3/4 is still a good grade. It's a B really.

The perfect one for Viewtiful Joe.