Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
It doesn't look like the Kamen Riders I've seen but it could be one of them or some other Sentai hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

OptimusShr posted:

It doesn't look like the Kamen Riders I've seen but it could be one of them or some other Sentai hero.

I'm mostly basing it off the shape of the head and the antennae but it's a guess, yeah.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Its Ultraman

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

ElMaligno posted:

Its Ultraman

Ultraman is the dude in the forefront to the right.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ElMaligno posted:

Its Ultraman

No. They are talking about the dude who ISN'T Ultraman.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Fabricated posted:

I'm not a huge American comic guy so I'm not familiar with most of Ennis' work outside of Punisher Max and a few other things but the impression I got is that Ennis really loving hates the poo poo out of superheroes, or rather the typical ideal of a superhero.

It's not that. It's that he grew up reading comics like "Judge Dredd" in 2000 AD, so typical superheroes seem more than a little bright and safe. 1980s Marvel heroes agonize over a situation in which they pretty much had to kill one guy; classic Dredd vaporizes a couple of hundred million civilians.

I've had half an idea for an Ennis effort post at some point, or perhaps a thread, but the general thrust of it is that Ennis absolutely does have a twisted sense of humor, and the single biggest flaw with his writing as a whole is how often it's allowed to run the show. At his best, however, he's one of the single best comic book writers in the business, with a sense of fearlessness that very few other writers can match. The problem is that he spent a lot of time making fun of superheroes, so comic-book grognards hate him, and the kinds of stories he tends to write also tend to turn off Tumblr-style liberal audiences, so he's caught between two extremes, and both sides like to build up a stereotype of him and his work that doesn't match the reality at all.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There's a Punisher thread if you want to discuss Punisher. This is the Badass Panels thread. Keep it to Badass Panels here.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

ElMaligno posted:

Its Ultraman

We were more referring to the guy in the upper right of that panel.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Choco1980 posted:

B..Batman?

Pussycat! Pussycat Puss!
Neon Noodle!
Jukebox Jaw!
Wolfman!

YOU'RE ALL UNDER ARREST!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm 90% certain that's Devilman in the front next to Ultra, though :stare: I do not want that particular dream to become reality, thank you very much.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Gavok posted:

Pussycat! Pussycat Puss!
Neon Noodle!
Jukebox Jaw!
Wolfman!

YOU'RE ALL UNDER ARREST!

:glomp:

https://youtu.be/9ly35NQfZw8

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Gavok posted:

Pussycat! Pussycat Puss!
Neon Noodle!
Jukebox Jaw!
Wolfman!

YOU'RE ALL UNDER ARREST!

You're the hero we deserve Gavok

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also if I'm gonna knock out a half a page on a derail may as well post a page/panel if mangaposting this one time is alright.

The set up is that the MC (dude with the busted hand) has inherited the strength of his world's "Superman". The problem is that using anything but small amounts of it destroys his body- he can destroy walls with the air pressure from flicking a single finger if he doesn't mind shattering it; he's fighting a dude who's half Human Torch, Half Iceman here in a tournament (because its manga and there must always be a tournament) and he's been using his fingers up one by one destroying his ice.

Now he's out, and he can't move his fingers anymore.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I don't understand what's being shown, did he bite a hole in his hand and then flick blood at the guy with super force?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Flesh Forge posted:

I don't understand what's being shown, did he bite a hole in his hand and then flick blood at the guy with super force?

He straightened his busted thumb with his mouth so he could flick it again.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The main character recently received his power of super strength, rather than being born with it, so his unfamiliarity means he injures himself a lot when trying to use it. He starts focusing his strength into one part of his body so he doesn't shatter every bone in his body every time he has to call on his strength.

E: Whoops, probably should have read the posts above me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Their activities are so poorly conveyed.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Yeah, that page makes no goddamn sense.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I think the rest of the chapter shows off what he did to himself better.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
the problem is you havent seen how he attacks at that point off that one image in context it makes perfect sense (before this he shatters his entire hand on an attack that didnt work and all his fingers are broken...badly)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I honestly thought he was like, biting the skin off his hand. The art's uh, not very clear on that page.

That the translators felt we'd get things without translating the sound effects doesn't help.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980 posted:

I honestly thought he was like, biting the skin off his hand. The art's uh, not very clear on that page.

That the translators felt we'd get things without translating the sound effects doesn't help.

It's a well known fact that Japanese sound effects are very very specific so I'll translate:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I still have no idea why you would bite your broken finger into place?

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

Norns posted:

It was mentioned earlier that when he uses his powers he hurts himself, He's doing it so he can get another attack off. Probably works better in context.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Norns posted:

It's easier to set a broken or dislocated finger gripping with your teeth thanks to the tendency to bite down when in pain plus the whole teeth being designed to hold onto meat thing.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
All you need to know is his power is pretty destructive.

And one of the most badass characters in the series is a frog girl.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Ah yes, bishonens exhorting you to clench your rear end in a top hat super tight.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lets get this thread back on topic: THOR ON THOR VIOLENCE.

Secret Wars #7

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Pacra posted:

Ah yes, bishonens exhorting you to clench your rear end in a top hat super tight.

The set up is that the MC (dude with the two hands) has inherited the hunger of his world's "Chicken". The problem is that his friends ate chicken without him.

And one of the most badass characters in the series is a butt.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SynthOrange posted:

Secret Wars #7

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Captain Bravo posted:

The set up is that the MC (dude with the two hands) has inherited the hunger of his world's "Chicken". The problem is that his friends ate chicken without him.

And one of the most badass characters in the series is a butt.

This is a much better anime comic.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

"God Doom is not great... he is not even good!"

:rock: It's about time people got their poo poo together.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Man Odinson is just the best guy when he gets over his petty bullshit.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I adore Boar Thor.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

SynthOrange posted:

Secret Wars #7

"Flying Armada of Thors" is now on my list of Signs You Done hosed Up.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Duke Igthorn posted:

I adore Boar Thor.

Everything Dies.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

team overhead smash posted:

Everything Dies.

So what run of thor is this all from, cause these panels are starting to make me want to read comics again. Is this all God of Thunder?

Also, boar content:

Toadstrieb fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 14, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Toadstrieb posted:

So what run of thor is this all from, cause these panels are starting to make me want to read comics again. Is this all God of Thunder?

Thors (whole series is good) and Secret Wars (specifically #7)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Toadstrieb posted:

No its Thors aka Law and Hammers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

No its Thors aka Law and Hammers

Is it actually good in terms of story or is it just an art book of Thors tho? Not that I would be opposed to purchasing the latter.