Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

kalstrams posted:

100% or gtfo, the one true rye bread (ok, one of two :myballs:) country represent

Do they really only eat straight rye? There's got to be some more variety than that.

jc

edit: i can't believe how many rye bread recipes online don't even include rye flour in them :eng99:

Chelb fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
^^^^youre not even old enough to know who microwave is

lol

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

ZenVulgarity posted:

Which D&D poster is the best snuggler

were cuddling an olympic sport id be a silver medalist at the least

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rollofthedice posted:

Do they really only eat straight rye? There's got to be some more variety than that.
100% rye flour bread is ubiquitous and used to in latvia
id go out on a limb to say that 100% rye bread amounts to at least 1/3 of bread eaten in latvia

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

good morning new thread

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

visceril posted:

Dr. Who seems like one of those shoes that doesn't just have bad fans, but is itself bad.

It is. I liked a few episodes with David Tennant. But otherwise no.

I was invited to a watch party for an episode about the Statue of Liberty being alive. It was v bad.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i bought fo4

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

nutranurse posted:

bold statement

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

How do you talk to someone about lovely language usage and not have them shut down about it

Rape seems to be a big one on like 'c'mon man don't say that'

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

nutranurse posted:

but only if they're wearing sexy outfits and know which fork to use, ofc

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

How do you talk to someone about lovely language usage and not have them shut down about it

there is no way to do this that it doesnt become a whole thing

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

nutranurse posted:

I've heard worse reasons to go to Atlanta.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

kalstrams posted:

100% rye flour bread is ubiquitous and used to in latvia
id go out on a limb to say that 100% rye bread amounts to at least 1/3 of bread eaten in latvia

Well, at least they're getting a lot of fiber. Can't handle that much rye personally, flavor's too strong. balts are more hardcore than i am i guess (but then again so is everyone)

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

ZenVulgarity posted:

Pretty sure it's always gonna be a fight, sorry

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
When I saw the final episode of Key and Peele I just thought it was a season finale.

I was predicting that Jordan would be the one to crack and pull a Dave Chappelle and cancel his show because of white people shouting at him if he's going to negro town or calling him a "biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch"

I guess I was right and they smartly decided to head it off

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

Rollofthedice posted:

Hey, dadchatters who like rye bread, how much rye do you actually like in it? 50% rye? 100% rye? just curious

imo i think the fact that a transgendered individual is able to be seen so (relatively) positively is great, and a good step forward. But we should def. keep in mind that most aren't as lucky as she is; the attention caitlyn brings should be used in a positive way, to help fix the discrimination and many socioeconomic problems trans individuals face every day.

but i'm also a cis white guy, so i'm not the most important opinion in a discussion like this

alternately:

Edit:

You're mistaken if you think they squeeze it down my throat. i am not a participant in their taco shenanigans

Go with 100% rye so you can fully take in the mistake you just made.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Pretty sure it's always gonna be a fight, sorry

Blehh

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
"C'mon man don't say that" is actually a good starting point and then if they want a fight just say "trying to help you out, not going to fight about it" and then move on.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rollofthedice posted:

Well, at least they're getting a lot of fiber. Can't handle that much rye personally, flavor's too strong. balts are more hardcore than i am i guess (but then again so is everyone)
yah our food is meant to be simple, almost crude, and fulfilling, nothing as extravagant as egg taco

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc4ZFjsVirU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

pangstrom posted:

"C'mon man don't say that" is actually a good starting point and then if they want a fight just say "trying to help you out, not going to fight about it" and then move on.

This is seen as a sign of weakness and gets taken as being in the right.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

basically don't laugh at their bad racist jokes until they confront you about it and then you just shrug and say i don't find rape jokes funny sorry

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

zoux posted:

i bought fo4

it's pretty cool

yesterday i was in power armor attacking a super mutant compound when a helicopter crashed into the structure as I was in it, raining fire down on me as I'm dodging missile attacks from mutants

I was like "nice"

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I shot a mininuke that a supermutant in full football pads and helmet was carrying and it killed us both

an achievement called "touchdown" popped up

I was like "nice"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

it's pretty cool

yesterday i was in power armor attacking a super mutant compound when a helicopter crashed into the structure as I was in it, raining fire down on me as I'm dodging missile attacks from mutants

I was like "nice"

heh.

so are you supposed to just make one of your settlements very nice or all of them very nice at once. sanctuary is fukken huge and id rather just deal with the gas station tbh

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

people only start showing up once you put the radio tower down

I like sanctuary though, because I like building my own lovely houses

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Gravel Gravy posted:

This is seen as a sign of weakness and gets taken as being in the right.
Well it's unlikely you will change their mind no matter what you do, but I'm interested to hear if someone has a better suggestion (I have terrible social skills and don't like arguing so I just settle on a lot of rigid "if X happens then Y" stuff with people I don't know that well, always looking for better Y options). Staying calm without being aloof or smug etc. is like half the battle for most goony folks.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
With his voice growing louder and louder, Trump questioned what sort of person would attack his mother. He questioned how a belt buckle could stop a blade, stepping away from the podium to demonstration how such an attack might happen and how his own belt buckle wouldn’t stay in place long enough to stop a knife.

“Anybody have a knife?” Trump asked the audience, which was screened by Secret Service agents who began protecting him this week. “You want to try it on me?”

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

zoux posted:

heh.

so are you supposed to just make one of your settlements very nice or all of them very nice at once. sanctuary is fukken huge and id rather just deal with the gas station tbh

ive just been putting at least a turret in each settlement as that seems to be enough to take care of anything if I'm away

honestly I've got like five settlements by now and I've barely touched them, I think sanctuary is the only one I really work on re:walls and clearing all the rubble out and putting lights up but I'm kind of thinking of just moving everyone to diamond city as that's a lot more condensed

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hmmm

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Mr. Trump said he would aggressively bomb the region, using a barnyard epithet to describe just how aggressively he would act and getting some applause from the crowd. “I would just bomb those suckers.”

is suckers a "barnyard epithet" (whatever the gently caress that means)?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
What's the best way to tell your contact list that you are getting a new number when you don't have it yet?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

boxcarhobo posted:

people only start showing up once you put the radio tower down

I like sanctuary though, because I like building my own lovely houses

oh thays why I still only have like six people in sanctuary even though I've cleared out all the debris from houses and put a bed in each and and set up prefabs where the burnt down houses were

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

pangstrom posted:

Well it's unlikely you will change their mind no matter what you do, but I'm interested to hear if someone has a better suggestion (I have terrible social skills and don't like arguing so I just settle on a lot of rigid "if X happens then Y" stuff with people I don't know that well, always looking for better Y options). Staying calm without being aloof or smug etc. is like half the battle for most goony folks.

I just went 'cmon...' and had a talk about it and the guy called me a bitter rear end in a top hat lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i gotta get an xbox controller for my pc tho, don't like how it works w/ keyboard and mouse

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

that looks like one of those movies that's destined to not get very good box office returns

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i do have two sets of power armor suits now though, one for T45d armor in minutemen paint and a raider set that looks like something out of wh40k

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

i do have two sets of power armor suits now though, one for T45d armor in minutemen paint and a raider set that looks like something out of wh40k

the raider set is the best

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

do you have to do a specific str build to take advantage of power armor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

zoux posted:

do you have to do a specific str build to take advantage of power armor

nope

• Locked thread