Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

at the date posted:

I admit I'm flabbergasted at being asked why I'm irritated about having to grind PvE events for weeks to do a jumping puzzle, or why I don't like repeating content past the point that it stops being novel and interesting. So what if it means the new content takes 20 hours to "complete" instead of 400. I'm not getting any more value out of those extra 380 hours except I guess it distracts me from thinking too deeply about how I'm spending my youth. Guild Wars didn't used to be a blatant skinner box. The only thing you had to grind for were legendaries, which is why I have never gotten a legendary. It's why I'm not playing this game in the awful state it's in. I don't have a group of GW2 buddies I love to play with that can make it tolerable. Or rather, I did, and they all realized that HoT sucked poo poo before I did and bailed.

I'm quoting this post instead of your last one because I'm genuinely not sure it's directed at me, since it seems to be directed at someone who thinks the exact opposite of what I've been saying in this thread. The question I have is not why you're irritated at having to do those things, it's why you feel that you have to do them. I am concerned about the fact that people are completing 380 hours of content that they appear to hate in order to experience the last 1 hour of those 20 hours. I feel like they must not understand that it's only a tiny amount of content, or else they would realise that the effort isn't worth it and would go do something they enjoy more. Yes, that's irritating, but that feels like a different complaint to me than "I am being forced to grind." Personally, I like doing events, so for me I'm having fun playing the game and the masteries are a bonus. But if I didn't like doing events, I'd probably have stopped playing GW2 months ago, long before the expansion hit.

I'm also kind of confused about what people who don't enjoy doing events over and over again actually do in vanilla GW2. Surely it would only take a few months at best to do map completion, then maybe another few months to do all the JPs and other bits and pieces that are hiding, but I get the impression that a lot of people complaining about the expansion have been playing for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
lol

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I want to see "it burns" and "at the date" debate on a CNN special or something. Just 2 hours of trolling, insults, eye rolling, and straw man argument.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the world would be a better place if MMO players compulsively helped people in the real world as much as they seem to want to complete dumb arbitrary tasks in a pretend place

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the world would be a better place if MMO players compulsively helped people in the real world as much as they seem to want to complete dumb arbitrary tasks in a pretend place

It wouldn't though b/c the last few pages are pretty good evidence that most normal people generally want MMO players to just leave them alone and go away

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Even when it's just limited to games, when I am doing the same thing in one game, I think about how I could be doing different things in many different games.

Then I don't actually do any of that and am filled with a sense of self-loathing.

I can't actually complain about the grinding in this game because I have been grinding in SWTOR. Taking the guild hall was pretty fun that one time though

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I get the impression you're meant to accumulate non essential mastery slowly over the course of the weeks or months you play the game, not actively grind it out. That way, you even get a drip feed of cool new stuff you haven't seen long into the expansion.

Or finish everything in a week then complain about lack of content untill season 3 comes out.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i dont even remember where i get all my xp

it just sort of happens? permanent glide is pretty great though

oh i remember i got a good bit from doing dragons stand, pop a booster and kill things with a tagging class its good xp

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Organza Quiz posted:

I'm quoting this post instead of your last one because I'm genuinely not sure it's directed at me, since it seems to be directed at someone who thinks the exact opposite of what I've been saying in this thread. The question I have is not why you're irritated at having to do those things, it's why you feel that you have to do them. I am concerned about the fact that people are completing 380 hours of content that they appear to hate in order to experience the last 1 hour of those 20 hours. I feel like they must not understand that it's only a tiny amount of content, or else they would realise that the effort isn't worth it and would go do something they enjoy more. Yes, that's irritating, but that feels like a different complaint to me than "I am being forced to grind." Personally, I like doing events, so for me I'm having fun playing the game and the masteries are a bonus. But if I didn't like doing events, I'd probably have stopped playing GW2 months ago, long before the expansion hit.

I'm also kind of confused about what people who don't enjoy doing events over and over again actually do in vanilla GW2. Surely it would only take a few months at best to do map completion, then maybe another few months to do all the JPs and other bits and pieces that are hiding, but I get the impression that a lot of people complaining about the expansion have been playing for years.

I've heard GW2 described as the MMO for people that hate MMO's because it a lacks a lot of the uber sperg poo poo that most MMO's tended to have, so I imagine people that have played for years would dislike the expansion heavily because it went in the entirely opposite direction and has been described before, even doing the events can be frustrating as hell do the over turned mobs or 0 room for error like the tangled depths meta.

Its like they took a game that was very casual friendly and decided to cater exclusive to the 1% spergs, I mean I read some complaints about some ascended poo poo that required you to salvage other ascended armor, I mean what the gently caress? Maybe you where one of the lucky few that got some randomly from a world boss but otherwise?

I hate to sound like a broken record but going back to the precursor poo poo, something like a legendary is relatively gated to either very lucky people or very wealthy players and the biggest factor was always the pre, it was to much money wise for some and otherwise relied on RNG to acquire it, I and many others figured the pre journey would change this, you'd get your pre regardless you just needed to go on an adventure, it was a grind but it was a grind built around the world, go look at the quip quest, the poo poo you need to do, some legit interesting and funny stuff or the ooze training for the colossus, that poo poo sounded awesome, that was the main thing I was looking forward to but there's to many aspects of the journey that require you to be swimming in money, so something that I figured was a solution to the precursor issue is not really a solution at all, if you have the gold to go through the steps needed for the pre chances are you have the legendary you want already, maybe even multiple legendaries.

I mean once you have the pre you still need the mats to make it, so it didn't make any sense to me that journey would be so expensive in a sense when at the very end of it you still need to gather a bunch of poo poo, but the hard part is over, you have the pre, the mats come with time.

And to be 100% perfectly honest, while the HoT story is excellent, everything else isn't the zones are pretty and I think the multi layered thing is cool but the events get boring after awhile and all 4 maps are built around doing the various scattered meta to get any sort significant reward and since I don't have a lot of time I tend to log in at hours where people just aren't around, got lucky once and got invited to an octovine that went to completion but that's about it.

The expansion is just bad, it went against what the game is entirely, added a bunch of events that are simply unfeasible for a bunch of scattered randoms on a map, nerfed all significant ways to make money, added horrible over turned mobs, and the discrepancy in the elite trees is just crazy, the elite specs that are good are absolutely amazing, things like reaper, dragonhunter, chrono, and the the ones that are bad are just BAD, there's no middle ground, they are just bad, they either provide almost no new ways to play your class or are just massively underwhelming, I've spoken about druid before but they feel so bad and quite frankly redundant with existence of revenants, revs/heralds are crazy with their healing and buffing abilities, most rev healing abilities can be done in the move to, lots of the druid abilities feel like they benefit if you stack and some have a slight delay so if people move they don't get healed which doesn't fit to well with a mobile game like GW2, I can't expect people to hold still while my little ray of light hits them from the sky or my seed blooms and explodes and covers them in plant jizz, or wait for me to channel an ability that forces ME to stand still thus opening me up for harm.

Anyway that's to many words probably, I'm not looking to change anyone's mind or convince anyone of anything, just speaking from my side and potentially why others may be upset at the state of the game, Anet's lack of communication really doesn't help either, I mean poo poo the last story instance is still massively bugged, that kind of stuff does not bode well for the raid which is coming out very soon, then again if we get some epic moment where you have to take an updraft to avoid the boss mega wipe attack and everyone just splats because it doesn't work I am going to laugh my rear end off.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

I saw someone with like 110 mastery levels today, another with 133, and I just don't get it, how on earth do they have so many, how do you do that and also have a job/social life

That's nothing, I saw some people with 130 mastery levels in dragons stand, on the FIRST WEEK.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I didn't even know there were that many mastery points to spend.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
For all the complaints about HoT it's even worse for newer players because on top of all the grind that you will eventually have to do just to catch up, it's also nearly impossible to do some of the base content now because nobody bothers anymore and everyone is busy grinding in Maguuma Falls anyway. I've only ever seen two dungeons from the inside because they're so pointless even goon guilds won't run them with me. :v: It's probably impossible when you're a guildless pleb.

That and if you want to stay in sequence you have to level to 80, finish the Ruins of Orr and your personal story, finish LS2 and then you go to Maguuma and start working on your masteries/elite spec. I feel like a lot of HoT has been designed with veteran players in mind and I have 15g in my wallet and half-a-dozen pieces of haphazardly arranged exotic gear so I don't even bother thinking about it too much.

Aug 24, 2011

Alteisen posted:

I've heard GW2 described as the MMO for people that hate MMO's because it a lacks a lot of the uber sperg poo poo that most MMO's tended to have, so I imagine people that have played for years would dislike the expansion heavily because it went in the entirely opposite direction and has been described before, even doing the events can be frustrating as hell do the over turned mobs or 0 room for error like the tangled depths meta.

Its like they took a game that was very casual friendly and decided to cater exclusive to the 1% spergs, I mean I read some complaints about some ascended poo poo that required you to salvage other ascended armor, I mean what the gently caress? Maybe you where one of the lucky few that got some randomly from a world boss but otherwise?

I hate to sound like a broken record but going back to the precursor poo poo, something like a legendary is relatively gated to either very lucky people or very wealthy players and the biggest factor was always the pre, it was to much money wise for some and otherwise relied on RNG to acquire it, I and many others figured the pre journey would change this, you'd get your pre regardless you just needed to go on an adventure, it was a grind but it was a grind built around the world, go look at the quip quest, the poo poo you need to do, some legit interesting and funny stuff or the ooze training for the colossus, that poo poo sounded awesome, that was the main thing I was looking forward to but there's to many aspects of the journey that require you to be swimming in money, so something that I figured was a solution to the precursor issue is not really a solution at all, if you have the gold to go through the steps needed for the pre chances are you have the legendary you want already, maybe even multiple legendaries.

I mean once you have the pre you still need the mats to make it, so it didn't make any sense to me that journey would be so expensive in a sense when at the very end of it you still need to gather a bunch of poo poo, but the hard part is over, you have the pre, the mats come with time.

And to be 100% perfectly honest, while the HoT story is excellent, everything else isn't the zones are pretty and I think the multi layered thing is cool but the events get boring after awhile and all 4 maps are built around doing the various scattered meta to get any sort significant reward and since I don't have a lot of time I tend to log in at hours where people just aren't around, got lucky once and got invited to an octovine that went to completion but that's about it.

The expansion is just bad, it went against what the game is entirely, added a bunch of events that are simply unfeasible for a bunch of scattered randoms on a map, nerfed all significant ways to make money, added horrible over turned mobs, and the discrepancy in the elite trees is just crazy, the elite specs that are good are absolutely amazing, things like reaper, dragonhunter, chrono, and the the ones that are bad are just BAD, there's no middle ground, they are just bad, they either provide almost no new ways to play your class or are just massively underwhelming, I've spoken about druid before but they feel so bad and quite frankly redundant with existence of revenants, revs/heralds are crazy with their healing and buffing abilities, most rev healing abilities can be done in the move to, lots of the druid abilities feel like they benefit if you stack and some have a slight delay so if people move they don't get healed which doesn't fit to well with a mobile game like GW2, I can't expect people to hold still while my little ray of light hits them from the sky or my seed blooms and explodes and covers them in plant jizz, or wait for me to channel an ability that forces ME to stand still thus opening me up for harm.

Anyway that's to many words probably, I'm not looking to change anyone's mind or convince anyone of anything, just speaking from my side and potentially why others may be upset at the state of the game, Anet's lack of communication really doesn't help either, I mean poo poo the last story instance is still massively bugged, that kind of stuff does not bode well for the raid which is coming out very soon, then again if we get some epic moment where you have to take an updraft to avoid the boss mega wipe attack and everyone just splats because it doesn't work I am going to laugh my rear end off.

same

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Entenzahn posted:

For all the complaints about HoT it's even worse for newer players because on top of all the grind that you will eventually have to do just to catch up, it's also nearly impossible to do some of the base content now because nobody bothers anymore and everyone is busy grinding in Maguuma Falls anyway. I've only ever seen two dungeons from the inside because they're so pointless even goon guilds won't run them with me. :v: It's probably impossible when you're a guildless pleb.

That and if you want to stay in sequence you have to level to 80, finish the Ruins of Orr and your personal story, finish LS2 and then you go to Maguuma and start working on your masteries/elite spec. I feel like a lot of HoT has been designed with veteran players in mind and I have 15g in my wallet and half-a-dozen pieces of haphazardly arranged exotic gear so I don't even bother thinking about it too much.

Fun fact you can supposedly ignore your personal story and just do HoT, I also did all of HoT in random yellows.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
For your reading convenience you may substitute the last several pages with the sound of a deflating whoopie cushion.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Entenzahn posted:

I've been doing dungeons to unlock the PvP reward tracks, as that wasn't a thing back when I still played, and I've yet to wait more than 5 minutes to find a group for them through LFG. I think uncompleted events may be a bigger issue but I'm pretty sure that was a problem before HoT came out anyway.

I'm also ignoring all that poo poo. GW2's base story loving sucks and I'm doing none of it and going straight into HoT content — where the story is a little better and the gameplay much more interesting — with every new character.

Also, remember: it's only grinding if you don't enjoy it. This thread isn't exactly a great representation of the entire player-base.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Nov 13, 2015

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I don't like to resort to name-calling or anything, but if you don't want to grind, you don't have to grind.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Kajeesus posted:

I don't like to resort to name-calling or anything, but if you don't want to grind, you don't have to grind.

Let me try something here: positive insults.

You sir are literally a good person, and I am furious with how much I respect your opinions and your right to have them. Seriously, if you were to die in a fire, it would be a great loss for everyone in your life.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Man the lag these past few days has been terrible. Just what hell is going on?

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Kajeesus posted:

I don't have to get to 80 either, or do dungeons, or play at all for that matter, or...

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

It seems like a lot of people feel obligated to get all the masteries just because they're there, even though quite a few of them don't offer very much.

When have you ever jangled keys in front of a dog/cat and not seen them flip their poo poo about it?

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Liberatore posted:

I've been doing dungeons to unlock the PvP reward tracks, as that wasn't a thing back when I still played, and I've yet to wait more than 5 minutes to find a group for them through LFG. I think uncompleted events may be a bigger issue but I'm pretty sure that was a problem before HoT came out anyway.

I'm also ignoring all that poo poo. GW2's base story loving sucks and I'm doing none of it and going straight into HoT content — where the story is a little better and the gameplay much more interesting — with every new character.

Also, remember: it's only grinding if you don't enjoy it. This thread isn't exactly a great representation of the entire player-base.

Occasionally a lvl 80 zerker-only group pops up but I don't join them since they obviously don't want a newbie ruining their speedrun. Mostly the LFG tool stays empty. For me. I'm a Euro, so you might have a different experience.

The HoT story is better than the others, but it's my first playthrough and I'd like to finish things in sequence. Sure, my fault. I'm fine waiting until I get to the HoT stuff naturally. I just don't understand why some of the more universal new features, like masteries or elite specs, are tied to Maguuma Falls. Why do I have to unlock the Tyria Mastery System through LS3? Why are HP challenges worth 10 times in the jungle, instead of just reducing the elite spec cost to a tenth? For people inside MF it makes no difference, but for me personally it would make me feel less pressured to finish LS2 and get to the HoT content.

I realize that I'm probably a tiny subset of the playerbase, and I'm still having fun with the game, just exploring and trying out all the poo poo that I can do now that I'm lvl 80. It would have been nice is all I'm saying.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Just to clear this up, the "ascended poo poo" in question is a precursor for the legendary backpiece. Considering that you need to salvage each step of the pre to get to the next step, and that gives you 5 of the balls of dark energy that you need, the amount of ascended items you need to salvage isn't that much. I read a thread on Reddit with people complaining about this, and their complaints basically boil down to "I am furious that this exclusive and ultimately unnecessary piece of legendary equipment is not attainable by casual players unable or unwilling to spend any gold". Also, the legendary in question is very fractal-themed, and people who regularly did high-level fractals before HoT generally have a bank tab full of boxes of ascended armor and weapons.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Catsworth posted:

I don't have to get to 80 either, or do dungeons, or play at all for that matter, or...

Well, yes. Ultimately, Guild Wars 2 is a video game. I know that's an oversimplification, especially when it comes to stuff with a permanent multiplayer aspect, but it's still supposed to be a recreational activity.

Entenzahn posted:

Why do I have to unlock the Tyria Mastery System through LS3?

Yeah, that's stupid and it seems like it would be really simple to fix.

Entenzahn posted:

Why are HP challenges worth 10 times in the jungle, instead of just reducing the elite spec cost to a tenth?

Well, it's a deliberate design decision on ANet's part that you need to do HoT stuff to unlock specializations. Given that they wanted to do that, I don't think they could set it up without stepping on someone's toes. Hell, they even caught a lot of flak from the crazier MMO population for reducing elite specs from 400 points to 250.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

tyblazitar posted:

Just to clear this up, the "ascended poo poo" in question is a precursor for the legendary backpiece. Considering that you need to salvage each step of the pre to get to the next step, and that gives you 5 of the balls of dark energy that you need, the amount of ascended items you need to salvage isn't that much. I read a thread on Reddit with people complaining about this, and their complaints basically boil down to "I am furious that this exclusive and ultimately unnecessary piece of legendary equipment is not attainable by casual players unable or unwilling to spend any gold". Also, the legendary in question is very fractal-themed, and people who regularly did high-level fractals before HoT generally have a bank tab full of boxes of ascended armor and weapons.

You must be unfamiliar with the concept of RNG.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

xZAOx posted:

I want to see "it burns" and "at the date" debate on a CNN special or something. Just 2 hours of trolling, insults, eye rolling, and straw man argument.

who started the trend of whitenoise posters calling me out by name

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

That bank tab is generally ascended rings, which don't drop the salvaged items needed. Now, if it was stuff gained from salvaged fractal speargun skins, then you'd be onto something.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

at the date posted:

It's like trying to explain something to a child who keeps asking "BUT WHY?" It's just a different frame of reference. Some people don't play games for fun. Some see the purpose of playing a video game as staking out a position in a hierarchy defined not by how good your grades are, or how much money you make, nor even by how hot your wife is or how many friends you have, but by how much time you spend playing that game. Nothing but every second of your time is required to excel within that hierarchy, whereas at most other pursuits you might also need some effort or skill. Arus, nice, popular guy that he is, is being awfully polite by not calling you a hosed up retard in response to your blithe condescension but I am not that polite. I hope you get a massive hemorrhoid that pops while you're grinding spiders or whatever and you bleed out at your desk. I'm not saying that to be mean. For your sake I hope that you die quickly, doing what you love while you're young and have no regrets, rather than in forty years wondering why you spent all that time playing Guild Wars 2.

These blind, frothing rage posts from sadbrains are really the best of HoT's new features.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I actually liked thinking about the mastery stuff in terms of levels, like how the level 1 ranks are two lots of the exp needed to level at 80 in the old system. How much attention did you pay to levelling up at 80 beforehand? That thing that happened 2/3rds of the time you did a dungeon, or at a Teq? Now instead of ten meaningless things for every 2.5 mil of exp you never bothered counting before, now you can do exactly the same stuff as before only now you get to fly a glider forever, which is nice.

Aug 24, 2011

im having fun :shrug:

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Dreggon posted:

Same.

If you think the point of playing video games is to stake your claim in some position of hierarchy among a bunch of random nerds on the internet, you might need to take a break from video games.

Aug 24, 2011

i think its a really good idea to get out the boosters if you dont want to grind much, its very nice to have autoloot and permanent gliding because that way you can just chill. i am also playing a revenant which hits like a truck (i play a warrior so i know what this looks like) and they have a heal that replaces damage you take with healing instead

theres a huge amount of grind in this xpac but i elected to ignore it and just gradually play through stuff and find achievement thingies, i am saving my autistic rage for raids and you should too

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Dreggon posted:

Same. The game isn't bad either.

I tried to grind CoF last night just to blow out the Tyria points so I could make it into "doesn't have a girlfriend or job" territory but only could stomach about 7 minutes worth.

I guess I'll just have to play normally until I get the things I want.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Dreggon posted:

i dont even remember where i get all my xp

it just sort of happens? permanent glide is pretty great though

oh i remember i got a good bit from doing dragons stand, pop a booster and kill things with a tagging class its good xp

Yeah this is me, i just play the game doing whatever i want and the exp sorta just rains down all over you.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

orcane posted:

You must be unfamiliar with the concept of RNG.
Considering both ascended weapon boxes and armor boxes had around a 10% drop rate from level 50 fractals pre-HoT, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that people who regularly did that for any length of time will have gotten some. I know I had around 20 boxes before they introduced the stat conversion thing at least, just from doing 50 on a daily basis for a few months.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ItBurns posted:

Same. The game isn't bad either.

I tried to grind CoF last night just to blow out the Tyria points so I could make it into "doesn't have a girlfriend or job" territory but only could stomach about 7 minutes worth.

I guess I'll just have to play normally until I get the things I want.

I am so loving anti-grind that I can't stand stuff like this for anymore than 1 minutes. I was still able to grind out cof for an hour with some goons, and I plan on doing it again sometime.

The secret is to watch a youtube video or something while runing in a circle attacking. The mouse mode helps with this. It's just mindless running around, if you have a movie or something to watch you can do it at the same time.

Now this being something that feels necessary to some people is not ok. But I don't really feel that it is necessary anyway.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Illuyankas posted:

I actually liked thinking about the mastery stuff in terms of levels, like how the level 1 ranks are two lots of the exp needed to level at 80 in the old system. How much attention did you pay to levelling up at 80 beforehand? That thing that happened 2/3rds of the time you did a dungeon, or at a Teq? Now instead of ten meaningless things for every 2.5 mil of exp you never bothered counting before, now you can do exactly the same stuff as before only now you get to fly a glider forever, which is nice.

This is a great argument for adding mastery experience things to the pvp rank up chests. Please, anet. Also give me a way to earn hero points in pvp, thanks.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Pretty.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Don't post something like that without a source, jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

malhavok posted:

Yeah this is me, i just play the game doing whatever i want and the exp sorta just rains down all over you.

I play the game doing whatever I want and the xp doesn't just rain down on me :shrug: And my favourite thing to do, dungeons, has been nerfed to the ground for that.

It sucks how dismissive a lot of you are with legitimate complaints, be it "*fart noises*" or "you don't actually have to grind/play/do this" or "I'm not having a problem why are you" or "just get a mesmer to help you skip it". It's really frustrating to feel like the game I've genuinely enjoyed for 3 years is actively lovely to me now, personally. I totally understand that others don't agree or don't have the same issues, that's fine, but please just don't try to dismiss legit concerns that are stated in a polite way.

• Locked thread