Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
If medicine ever figures out how to make smoking not kill you, I would totally start up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I would call what you described as integrated marketing communication, while I would call "marketing" more generally to be about devising strategies for something. I separate PR out of regular marketing. Reminder, I am a trained PR person.

pr is an arm of marketing, as is advertising

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Berke Negri posted:

anyways i thought the consensus on breast cancer awareness month is its just a big fundraising plot by komen and the real issue for women isnt random screenings which doesn't change much but women being able to afford actual treatment when they find out they have breast cancer

Screening for prostate cancer actually does have a pretty noticeable outcome though, because its one of the most treatable cancers if caught early.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Disinterested posted:

The president of the United states, Ted Cruz!

It's just impossible to conceive

his negatives are astronomical and he's completely alienated every member of the party

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Aeryk posted:

If medicine ever figures out how to make smoking not kill you, I would totally start up again.

same but for consuming large amounts of booze

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

nutranurse posted:

pr is an arm of marketing, as is advertising

As someone trained from a different perspective, I disagree. I was trained from a strat-comm perspective, where we view PR/Advertising as distinct but related to "marketing."

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Look at all this false consciousness, people doing turf wars over their industries

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Disinterested posted:

Look at all this false consciousness, people doing turf wars over their industries

binow just wants to feel as if his industry isnt one of the heads of the ugly monster we call marketing

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
It's all just applied sociology

applied to pure evil, anyway

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ITS ALL MATHS

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'll head this all off, it's all just mathematics

goddammit zoux!

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

UberJew posted:

p much

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

UberJew posted:

Nah it's way more pseudoscientific than sociology already is

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
wow david geffen really likes seeing his name on poo poo

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Disinterested posted:

Nah it's way more pseudoscientific than sociology already is

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

The Warszawa posted:

As long as their are no poors involved, yes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol at the yosposser tweeting about how his open marriage backfired on him

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

White people seem to be responding to these ads with black people in them less

Let's just go ahead and cut those

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

the program has changed a little since i was in it, but we were basically trained as journalists with a side of creative and a helping of planning.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

The Warszawa posted:

why did i think you were a stenographer

that's alligator horse

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

the program has changed a little since i was in it, but we were basically trained as journalists with a side of creative and a helping of planning.

lol

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
an open marriage sounds like an unbearable amount of work. maybe I'm just lazy idk

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
also lol that ucla has an agreement with lausd to send faculty kids to the schools in westwood regardless of residency

oh it applies to "other employees" too but idk how broad that is

zoux posted:

?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Aeryk posted:

an open marriage sound like an unbearable amount of work. maybe I'm just lazy idk

the most work you should do for an open marriage is lining up a good divorce lawyer

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Just passed by a pickup truck with lifted wheels and a bumper sticker saying silly boys, trucks are for girls

The one instance of lifted wheels I'll approve of

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It's all just different ways of putting lipstick on a pig, in the words of Sarah Palin pbuh

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i made an irl WHAT ARE THOSE christmas shoes joke irl and no one knew what i was talking about

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zoux posted:

link

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

The Warszawa posted:

a private school for professors kids

such a good cause

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

idgi, i am saying in the program i went through for PR, we mostly learned how to write like journalists (we were/are based in the jschool) and make up excuses for the lovely people we worked for

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Warszawa posted:

also lol that ucla has an agreement with lausd to send faculty kids to the schools in westwood regardless of residency

?

https://twitter.com/your_mate_echi/status/664287499649323012

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Just passed by a pickup truck with lifted wheels and a bumper sticker saying silly boys, trucks are for girls

The one instance of lifted wheels I'll approve of

I've found at least one of these in every place I've lived in TN. At least only about half were pink though

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

nutranurse posted:

the most work you should do for an open marriage is lining up a good divorce lawyer

gl if you didn't have a prenup

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
it's like people that have a ten year old child and then have a baby. unless is was a mistake or something, why?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

definitely one of the cooler new things in fallout 4 is how they handle power armor. now that it requires fuel it is much more of an occasional thing than everyday ride. I only dust off one of my suits when I know I'm probably going to running into some really heavy firepower, and its cool how there's wear and tear to it

like last night I went in to clear some bandits out and after like an hour clearing house to house and then down into the sewers I emerged with like, just the torso, one arm, and one leg still in tact having everything else blown off and it felt oddly satisfying

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i bet 95% of open marriage suggestions come from men and i bet 95% of extramarital hookups in such a marriage come from wives

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Aeryk posted:

it's like people that have a ten year old child and then have a baby. unless is was a mistake or something, why?

that poo poo doesnt make sense to me either

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Disinterested posted:

It's all just different ways of putting lipstick on a pig, in the words of Sarah Palin pbuh

what i am saying is, we never talked about what our core skills were as they related to being able to sell a product, and a big portion of our training was more related to the communications aspect

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Aeryk posted:

Realising it's the last chance to do it without health risks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

definitely one of the cooler new things in fallout 4 is how they handle power armor. now that it requires fuel it is much more of an occasional thing than everyday ride. I only dust off one of my suits when I know I'm probably going to running into some really heavy firepower, and its cool how there's wear and tear to it

like last night I went in to clear some bandits out and after like an hour clearing house to house and then down into the sewers I emerged with like, just the torso, one arm, and one leg still in tact having everything else blown off and it felt oddly satisfying

what other power armor only ordinance is there besides the minigun

• Locked thread