Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Cao Ni Ma posted:

e-what the gently caress am I doing in here

trying to buy a fantastic game worth your time! I have no idea if GMG carries FNV, but your best bet is to wait for a steam sale where you can get Ultimate Edition for 75% off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is greenman the cheapest place I can get this right now (using a 20% code or some such?).
According to isthereanydeal.com, gamesplanet DE is the current cheapest place to pick up the Ultimate Edition. It´s a german site but I´m pretty sure there was never a censored version of the Ultimate Edition, so it should be good.

Edit: Oh, let me guess. You wanted the FO4 thread?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

-Troika- posted:

How hard is F4 going to be to mod compared to FNV?

File types have changed since FNV/Skyrim, so it'll take some time to open up the new data files and see how deep the changes go.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Psion posted:

Damage Resistance and Damage Threshold.

Think of it as DT is a hard stop - if you have DT of 10 and the incoming damage (that may be reduced by DR) does 9 damage, go away, nothing comes through. DR is just a percentage modifier to damage received; if your DR is 10%, you take 90% damage from all sources.

e: I got this wrong, in FNV DR is applied first, then DT.

so assume you take 50 damage and you have 50% DR; the DR is applied and 25 damage then meets DT. If your DT is still 10 like in the above example, subtract that and you take 15 damage. If, however, your DT is 26 you take basically no damage as 25 post-DR damage cannot breach your threshold.

I'm level 4, and thanks to signature armors I have a DT of 18 lol. This mod breaks the game. I can run around without bottoms on and some black tape over my nipples and tank the NCRCF like nothing.

Psion posted:

trying to buy a fantastic game worth your time! I have no idea if GMG carries FNV, but your best bet is to wait for a steam sale where you can get Ultimate Edition for 75% off.

The ultimate edition is $15.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I'm reinstalling New Vegas in light of the release of Fallout 4. The Secret Stash link seems to have gone down, can it be re-uploaded?

edit: VVVVthanks!

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 10, 2015

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Raygereio posted:

https://mega.nz/#!zlRFQaBR!WKNnO5kQtdVSBFBNAC5VbRnidjaP0OCiOXi1kRBxPyg
I don't understand what mega is doing. It doesn't delete the files, it just makes the download links invalid after some time for some odd reason.Anyone know a file hosting site that doesn't do weird stuff?

Raygereio posted:

Iretep posted:

Seems like the link to secret stash is down. Anyone have a new one?

Check my previous post on this page.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Is the fertile version of Mojave Flora Overhaul still reasonably barren?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Jack of Hearts posted:

Is the fertile version of Mojave Flora Overhaul still reasonably barren?

It just looks like a normal desert basically. Like if you were to go the actual Mojave.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Finished up New Vegas Bounties 3.

*The guilt-tripping part at the start of the mod is ridiculous. it tries to add some depth to the faceless NPCs you killed as bounties and how the consequences of opening fire on every jackass you see, but it's so hamfisted it made me roll my eyes. I melted the daughter turned druggie hooker Virgil tried to guilt-trip me with as a way to tell the mod maker that I wasn't going to take that poo poo.

*The mod tries to use children way too often as a way to make you think about the consequences of your actions. It's such a cheap way to add depth and consequences that I killed everyone with kids or a pregnant girlfriend to spite the mod maker and his atrocious plot writing.

*The town getting wiped out was stupid. I had barely knew the people there and the mod maker seroiusly thinks I'm going to be pissed they were all gunned down?

*Some of the bounties are really clever. I loved the one where you had to goad the target into attacking first so you could get some extra caps as a reward. The mine and trap-filled cave was my favorite; it really took advantage of how deadly traps can be if placed right and it had a ton of them. The ending part of that cave, which involved a Brahmin with C4 strapped to it and lots of Bottlecap Mines, was really cool.

*I never expected a mod would let you shoot an Edward Snowden expy in the face. His appearance was out-of-place, but it was quite an experience force-feeding Fallout's Edward Snowden a laser.

*Randall's resurrection makes no sense, especially since he's killed again anyway. Why bother bringing him back if you're just going to waste him again?

*Taking on the bounty hunters that betryed you was pretty drat satisfying. Effortlessly mowing them down with my modded Gatling Laser ruled.

Overall, the whole thing feels like wasted potential. The plot kinda sucks and the writing is about as subtle as having your balls chopped off. The only parts that stood out to me would've worked just as well as new bounties for NVII instead of being a part of NVBIII. I enjoyed finally being able to turn the legendary Marko into an ash pile, but it overall could've been done much better. The way the series ended doesn't suggest it'll have post-main quest content and random encounters based on your actions, like NVBII and The Inheritance do. Shame, because those were some of my favorite parts of the Someguy series.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Okay, for some reason, LOOT can't detect my game path. What do I do?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mr Tastee posted:

Okay, for some reason, LOOT can't detect my game path. What do I do?
Don't use LOOT.
Alternatively: If you haven't done so since installing the game, try running the New Vegas Launcher once (just run the game normally through Steam), then try LOOT again.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Raygereio posted:

Don't use LOOT.
Alternatively: If you haven't done so since installing the game, try running the New Vegas Launcher once (just run the game normally through Steam), then try LOOT again.

Yeah, that fixed it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

closeted republican posted:

Finished up New Vegas Bounties 3.

*The guilt-tripping part at the start of the mod is ridiculous. it tries to add some depth to the faceless NPCs you killed as bounties and how the consequences of opening fire on every jackass you see, but it's so hamfisted it made me roll my eyes. I melted the daughter turned druggie hooker Virgil tried to guilt-trip me with as a way to tell the mod maker that I wasn't going to take that poo poo.

*The mod tries to use children way too often as a way to make you think about the consequences of your actions. It's such a cheap way to add depth and consequences that I killed everyone with kids or a pregnant girlfriend to spite the mod maker and his atrocious plot writing.

*The town getting wiped out was stupid. I had barely knew the people there and the mod maker seroiusly thinks I'm going to be pissed they were all gunned down?

*Some of the bounties are really clever. I loved the one where you had to goad the target into attacking first so you could get some extra caps as a reward. The mine and trap-filled cave was my favorite; it really took advantage of how deadly traps can be if placed right and it had a ton of them. The ending part of that cave, which involved a Brahmin with C4 strapped to it and lots of Bottlecap Mines, was really cool.

*I never expected a mod would let you shoot an Edward Snowden expy in the face. His appearance was out-of-place, but it was quite an experience force-feeding Fallout's Edward Snowden a laser.

*Randall's resurrection makes no sense, especially since he's killed again anyway. Why bother bringing him back if you're just going to waste him again?

*Taking on the bounty hunters that betryed you was pretty drat satisfying. Effortlessly mowing them down with my modded Gatling Laser ruled.

Overall, the whole thing feels like wasted potential. The plot kinda sucks and the writing is about as subtle as having your balls chopped off. The only parts that stood out to me would've worked just as well as new bounties for NVII instead of being a part of NVBIII. I enjoyed finally being able to turn the legendary Marko into an ash pile, but it overall could've been done much better. The way the series ended doesn't suggest it'll have post-main quest content and random encounters based on your actions, like NVBII and The Inheritance do. Shame, because those were some of my favorite parts of the Someguy series.
Honestly, I found NVBI pretty awful. Terrible writing, scripted combat with idiotic balance, nothing much else to it really. Is II good at least?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Honestly, I found NVBI pretty awful. Terrible writing, scripted combat with idiotic balance, nothing much else to it really. Is II good at least?

NVBII is much less linear than the first one. Instead of having to go thorugh a linear set of bounties, you can choose which ones you want to pursue when you want to. There's a main quest, but you can completely ignore it by choosing not to go after Red Bear. Some of the bounties can be talked down for a greater reward, but I only did that one time just to see what would happen.

Combat difficulty is a bit more modular in NVBII; with several of the bounties, you can either fight the target normally, or use the taunt option to either jack up the target's HP or summon more enemies to fight you. Since I'm a dirty min-maxer, I went with the latter to try my skills.

Combat itself is a bit better; you'll face some serious opposition in certain parts, such as a cave filled with powerful Super Mutants and a communist Ghoul camp that has some dudes with decent gear at the end and lots of baddies to mow down throughout it. The main quest also has you clearing out a base filled with enemies that have somre pretty nice gear, like Assault Carbines and LMGs.

The writing is a little bit better, but it's not anything to write home about.

After playing the Bounties trilogy, I think NVBII is the best part of the series. It hits everything just right without a dumb story tying it down.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Nov 11, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The biggest flaw I found with NVBI was how so many bounties were just pop culture ripoffs.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

The biggest flaw I found with NVBI was how so many bounties were just pop culture ripoffs.

I thought it was fun to shoot Tony Montana and Freddie Kruger in the face with weapons like a Minigun. :shobon:

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Is it just me or does GI blues song in secret stash have a terrible sound quality? I can barely hear the music. At least I think this is GI blues.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
Is CASE 2 (the extra ammo types mod) good? I vaguely remember using it the last time I played FONV, but I don't know if it breaks the balance of the game or doesn't work with other popular mods or w/e.

Here's my load order in case I messed something up without realizing it, I haven't made any bashed patches or merged level list things yet:
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] GtabImprovedAmmoTFRMaster.esm
[X] CFWNV.esm
[X] More Perks.esm
[X] More Perks for Companions.esm
[X] More Traits.esm
[X] YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
[X] YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp
[X] CASM.esp
[X] Fellout.esp
[X] Fellout-OWB.esp
[X] PipBoyLightx2.esp
[ ] PipBoyLightx1.5.esp
[X] UniversalPerkRequirements.esp
[X] More Perks Update.esp
[X] More Perks for Companions Update.esp
[X] More Traits Update.esp
[X] Expanded Traits.esp
[X] Alternative Start.esp
[X] WeaponModsExpanded.esp
[X] CFW-DLC.esp
[X] UHNV.esp
[X] UHNV-Dead Money.esp
[X] UHNV-OWB.esp
[X] UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp
[X] UHNV-Lonesome Road.esp
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques-GRA.esp
[X] BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp
[X] MojaveExtended100.esp
[ ] MojaveExtended20.esp
[ ] MojaveExtended60.esp
[ ] MojaveExtended40.esp
[ ] MojaveExtended80.esp
[X] PerkEveryLevel.esp
[ ] NV_STTraitsandPerks.esp
[X] NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp
[ ] NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch - NVSE.esp
[ ] NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch.esp
[X] CAGE 1.9.3.2.esp

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

I'm playing the game for the first time (having sunk a fair few hours into FO3) and I seem to be having ALOT of trouble in the wasteland - I'm trying to get to the NCRCF (?) to possibly rescue someone to become mayor of Primm, and I am getting repeatedly oneshot by tiny mobs in the far distance. I DO have Monster Mod, Realistic Headshots and Project Nevada installed. Am I doing something wrong, or should I expect this?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Here's a tip: don't play the game for the first time with those mods. Try to play as vanilla as possible, to know which features you want to change.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I vaguely remember realistic headshots and P:N being a really bad combination. Or realistic headshots just being bad in general.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

OK, disabled realistic headshots. With regard to playing totally vanilla: I'm unlikely to replay this TBH, so would prefer to get full features from the get-go. Thanks for the tip though, I'll look to start pulling things out if it gets hairy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There's a version of Realistic Headshots that doesn't apply the headshots to the player, which makes it play more like a typical FPS.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Simon The Digger posted:

Is CASE 2 (the extra ammo types mod) good? I vaguely remember using it the last time I played FONV, but I don't know if it breaks the balance of the game or doesn't work with other popular mods or w/e.

I loving love CASE. I've been running it in my last few playthroughs and I haven't had any major balance issues. I'd recommend getting the Leveled List Organizer that's linked on the same page and the LLO CASE file so enemies can use the ammo, too. It makes the game more challenging when the Vipers have access to grenade-launching shotgun shells and incendiary bullets.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

I recently installed MTUI (because apparently DarnUI hasn't been updated in forever) and now I'm getting error messages from The Weapon Mod Menu and The Mod Configuration Menu. I don't know exactly what I screwed up, or if I screwed anything up at all, but I've been wondering about that User Interface Organizer mod; should I have it installed to handle all of this stuff or is my problem something that it doesn't/can't fix?

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Simon The Digger posted:

I recently installed MTUI (because apparently DarnUI hasn't been updated in forever) and now I'm getting error messages from The Weapon Mod Menu and The Mod Configuration Menu. I don't know exactly what I screwed up, or if I screwed anything up at all, but I've been wondering about that User Interface Organizer mod; should I have it installed to handle all of this stuff or is my problem something that it doesn't/can't fix?

Yes. The problem you're having is a lot of those mods have to make changes to the user interface XML files. The same XML files. What happened when you installed MTUI is you overwrote a bunch of stuff from those other mods, so their esps or whatever aren't seeing the interface options they expect, since MTUI only assumes vanilla. You could technically have installed MTUI, then MCM, then The Weapon Mod Menu, and things would mostly still work, but it's such a drat chore. Don't mess with any of that.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57174/
This dynamically 'fixes' your UI XML files based on installed mods. You may run into a few little problems, depending on mod install order, but they're usually minor.

Kiggles fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Nov 13, 2015

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
NAKY, IT'S REAL

YOU CAN MAKE A REVOLVER RIFLE IN FALLOUT 4

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Simon The Digger posted:

I recently installed MTUI (because apparently DarnUI hasn't been updated in forever) and . . .

Uh. MTUI hasn't been updated in 5 years. DarnUI v04 is newer and, from what I can tell, better. There was also an updated version linked in this thread that I can't locate.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
poo poo, everything is going fine but I just got purple hands on ghouls. I THINK it's from breezes body mod and the only reason I have that mod is because spice of life armors apparently need it. I've tried everything I know to fix it and nothing. Is there any place I should be checking to fix it? FNVedit doesn't show any conflicts and the .nif model is pointing to the right texture.

All other hands are fine. Just ghoul hands are hosed up.

*edit* Turns out it was fallout character overhaul and the modder is trying to fix it. Least I know what's causing it now.

Red Mundus fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 13, 2015

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

GrizzlyCow posted:

Uh. MTUI hasn't been updated in 5 years. DarnUI v04 is newer and, from what I can tell, better. There was also an updated version linked in this thread that I can't locate.

Jeez, I didn't know that. I saw the Nexus page said that MTUI had last been updated on October 21st of this year and I assumed that meant the mod, not the description. I'm an idiot. Thanks for the heads up.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Considering I'm poorish right now and want some Fallout in my life. Which mods should I use to spruce up New Vegas and balance the gameplay without adding a whole shitload of different elements to it?

Haven't played it since... Last year maybe...2?

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Stringbean posted:

Considering I'm poorish right now and want some Fallout in my life. Which mods should I use to spruce up New Vegas and balance the gameplay without adding a whole shitload of different elements to it?

Haven't played it since... Last year maybe...2?

I find sawyer mod and project Nevada worked really well for me.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just spent eight hours installing mods with a brief break to run out for beer. I'm 24, I wasn't supposed to still be doing this twelve years after Morrowind :negative:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I've been meaning to get back into Fallout 3, are there any good mods I should snag for that?

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

I've been meaning to get back into Fallout 3, are there any good mods I should snag for that?

Other than the UPDATED Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch? Just these three. Seriously though, you can troll this guide and pick out goodies. I'm not the biggest fan the gameplay mods or extra content suggested, but its really good for textures and poo poo.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
So my game crashes a few seconds after I start it up, and it's not a 'Missing Masters' crash because this one actually has an error message!

The only thing I changed between my last session and the crash was installing this Freeside Building mod (which, apparently, was a mistake, as, after looking at the comments thread in search of an answer, it apparently wasn't A Good Mod.) I unchecked the .esp, which didn't help, and I completely uninstalled the mod, which also didn't help. The only other thing I can think of was I installed the ENB series wrapper and the Enhanced Shaders mod this morning, but I've been playing since then and the installation of the mod without any trouble. Any ideas other than 'reinstall and cross your fingers'?
Edit: Load Order, just in case it helps.

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 16, 2015

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

FWE significantly improves the combat and survival aspects and makes it a real challenge, so if that's your thing build the game around it. The STEP guide linked above is the best way to go about this.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

I've been having a weird bug with New Vegas lately where certain locations (like Boulder City and the Crimson Caravan compound) won't register as being discovered, so I get no XP and can't fast-travel back to them. I don't know why this is happening. I Googled and found someone on the Steam forums who was having a similar problem and solved it by making a merged patch in FNVEdit, but I did that and nothing changed (I opened up Wrye Flash and it suggested merging the merged patch into my bashed patch, which I did, so I don't know if that had an effect). Here's my load order, in case it helps.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
I installed the Book of Steel and I've got a problem with the T-51b Helmet as shown in the picture. The helmet should match the armor, but obviously it doesn't.

Here's my load order:

quote:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
oHUD.esm
Advanced Recon Tech.esm
Voyager.esm
TTWFixes.esm
MBOWBExtended40.esp
TTW - Fellout.esp
TTW_XPReduction.esp
TTW_SpeechChecks.esp
TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp
TTW_MoreCookingItems.esp
TTW_Bobbleheads.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
CASM with MCM.esp
EMR-StealthSuitMkII.esp
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
Realistic Power Armor.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Merged Major DLCs.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - GRA.esp
Advanced Recon Tech.esp
MojaveExtended40.esp
ChineseStealthArmorFixed.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Armor block 90.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
outsidebets.esp
Voyager - TTW Edition.esp
Book of Steel.esp
Book of Steel - TTW.esp
jsawyer.esp

Total active plugins: 53
Total plugins: 66

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I'm enjoying a Fallout 3 replay with a bunch of mods, after beating vanilla back in 2009.

Is it normal to have the occasional crash when using this selection? I'm averaging about one per hour which is fine, but I was wondering if there was something obvious I should be doing.