Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Gravel Gravy posted:

You mean besides chemical weapons r&d?

is there even room for more chemical weapons now that we've already got nerve gas, i was under the impression that it is more of a pr or infrastructure hurdle for your dictators or terrorists of the world to get chemical weapons rather than research

i figure the number of those is small enough compared to the enormous size of the marketing sector

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i respectfully, disagree

for example you can be bribing elected officials to pass laws to support your business, which is lobbying rather than marketing, or you could be colluding with your competitors to split up regions to avoid competition or however else you choose to sidestep the tattered rags we call anti-monopoly laws, which is corporate strategy and not marketing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

Migf bring ligur here

do not summon the swamp moron

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I westernized via Africa -> Brazil, now I have colonies in Colombia, Mexico, Louisiana, Eastern US, and California too. Honestly I'm doing pretty well it's just that my finances have been stretched by inflation and loans

oh I never tried to expand the Thai empire that much, I was content hoovering up the remains of Ming China, colonizing the Pacific, and conquering India

In Vicky 2 I would conquer South America from Japan

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

Riding my bicycle on rollers is great fun. I am not sure why Loving on the Flip Side is my go-to riding album, but there you have it. Some funk/soul/R&B B-side love songs for y'all on this Friday noon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejQxTbdA9HU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Aeryk posted:

what are you talking about? the execs and managers move everyone else but themselves immediately to the open office spaces since everyone likes them so much

missed an important clause in that sentence

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

oh I never tried to expand the Thai empire that much, I was content hoovering up the remains of Ming China, colonizing the Pacific, and conquering India

I kind of colonize reflexively at this point, it's not that important but it can come in useful and I like seeing the map get painted

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

only thing weird about fallout 4 is I think this is the first one I've largely been playing with the radio off

the new dj is uh, an interesting choice

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

only thing weird about fallout 4 is I think this is the first one I've largely been playing with the radio off

yeah casting dickeye in the role was bold

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Also Sinjar is liberated, Al Hawl is liberated, and "Jihadi John" got killed in an airstrike in Raqqa:toot:

really bad week for ISIL

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cheesus posted:

The Kentucky elections are barely a week behind us we still think that there's no way, zero-chance, never-in-a-million-years that the American people won't vote for Trump, Carson, or a half-empty box of cereal over Clinton/Sanders?

I CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BTWEEN REPUBLICANS

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

he's right though, Kentucky is the entire country

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i think there are too many democrats who secretly want trump/carson to be president so they can be even more outraged

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i mean its gone red in pres elections since before that poster was born, but hell, this may be a portent of Hillary's doom

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

i mean its gone red in pres elections since before that poster was born, but hell, this may be a portent of Hillary's doom

this white male businessman who opposes obamacare is only rivaled by carson and trump for insaneness in the republican party

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I typically don't listen to the radio/music when I play bethesda games

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Berke Negri posted:

he's right though, Kentucky is the entire country

We are all Jack Conway, and we never scored

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I kind of colonize reflexively at this point, it's not that important but it can come in useful and I like seeing the map get painted

Colonies are super expensive in the new expansion without colonial ideas which is something I noticed

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is not fallout. It is a dull, high spec'd low quality, unimaginative rpg where you are shoe horned into a broad story of one individual. Dual uninspired dialogue and choices, the most you will get out of this game is using it as a walking simulator and mass murder simulator. It is incredibly non optimized, a strewn mish mash of key bindings that make no sense compared to the previous games that worked far better, and a UI in past games that worked far better, but they now have a horrid GUI.

Fallout 4 is the Oblivion of Morrowind if Morrowind was FO3/NV, they completely missed the mark and made a console game for casuals in this generation. Terrible tacked on building and mod simulator to make money off the crop of recent titles. They just didn't put the heart and feelings of the past games in this, it isn't there, there is no nostalgia to lean upon, go play FO3 and NV and mod them like mad. Mods and dlc cannot save FO4.

We can only hope they go back to the pure roots and get a developer that actually loves Fallout that in FO5 in 4 years no talking protagonist, more branching storylines, and nothing fancy to hype. Back to skills, back to actual roleplaying, back to an actual working UI, back to something made specifically for PC gamers. Graphics might just be the one semi decent thing it has going for it despite what most say, and that is all imo. It however still deserves a zero for bringing out such vitriol I had after 20 hours of play that I had to spend a day to calm down and play games I actually like, such as FO3 and Payday2 (which I don't agree with certain things such as micro transactions) but I play it because I enjoy it, and I do not in anyway as of this moment like FO4.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like marketing because it keeps me informed about new products and services and helps me make purchasing decisions that fit my lifestyle, hth.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Pure Roots sounds like some :godwin: poo poo

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

This is not fallout. It is a dull, high spec'd low quality, unimaginative rpg where you are shoe horned into a broad story of one individual. Dual uninspired dialogue and choices, the most you will get out of this game is using it as a walking simulator and mass murder simulator. It is incredibly non optimized, a strewn mish mash of key bindings that make no sense compared to the previous games that worked far better, and a UI in past games that worked far better, but they now have a horrid GUI.

Fallout 4 is the Oblivion of Morrowind if Morrowind was FO3/NV, they completely missed the mark and made a console game for casuals in this generation. Terrible tacked on building and mod simulator to make money off the crop of recent titles. They just didn't put the heart and feelings of the past games in this, it isn't there, there is no nostalgia to lean upon, go play FO3 and NV and mod them like mad. Mods and dlc cannot save FO4.

We can only hope they go back to the pure roots and get a developer that actually loves Fallout that in FO5 in 4 years no talking protagonist, more branching storylines, and nothing fancy to hype. Back to skills, back to actual roleplaying, back to an actual working UI, back to something made specifically for PC gamers. Graphics might just be the one semi decent thing it has going for it despite what most say, and that is all imo. It however still deserves a zero for bringing out such vitriol I had after 20 hours of play that I had to spend a day to calm down and play games I actually like, such as FO3 and Payday2 (which I don't agree with certain things such as micro transactions) but I play it because I enjoy it, and I do not in anyway as of this moment like FO4.

excellent

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
we should force everyone who posts like that to play pong and only pong for twenty years

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

* boring but also rushed prologue/tutorial in the most ugly environment imaginable
* yes, even more boring than the doctor's questions in F:NV
* the main plot quickly becomes completly redundant
* the forced straight marriage spouse and the baby fail to create any emotional attachment to either of them (How could they in the rushed 5 minute prologue?)
* getting the mighty Power Armor ten minutes into the game is an odd design choice
* no food/water required, a step back from F:NV
* "Survival" difficulty has nothing in common with survival games, not even F:NV
* Stimpacks heal limbs again, and you don't even have to target the broken one, just pop a Stimpack into your arm to grow a new foot
* no longer having to train skills to improve in them feels like a step back

* the village building is vastly oversimplified (I razed 3 buildings in 10 seconds) and feels like its been rushed on top of the game for feature creep
* the village building quickly becomes a chore thanks to the ridiculous UI
* still the same outworldy "hacking" of computer terminals (guess 4 times, then get locked out, although this time you can retry after 10sec), reminds me of Sudoku

* C-movie quality conversations, at least during the first hours, it gets better the moment you meet Piper
* Bethesda tries to copy Bioware's RPG dialog cutscenes ... and fails, sometimes the camera goes nuts and shows a blank wall, sometimes it zooms to intimate distances so you can count the actors nose hairs (if the detail level were that good, that is)
* Bethesda took the easy way out of the problem with followers stabbing you in the back, get a perk that disables friendly fire damage, no need to teach Piper *not* to use that Fat Man next to you
* after spending a few hours with my protagonist, its beginning to feel like she has a split personality, mine (during normal play) and hers (during conversations), extremly limited conversation options are not helping here either

* holstered weapons disappear from existance
* enemies fall out of the sky, Dragon Age 2-style
* enemies regulary get stuck, jitter arround, generally bug out
* cars still got built-in nukes that go off if you look at them funny (it's okay if you like it, I don't)

* extreme loading times even for small buildings, SSDs are a huge help, but still
* tons of loading screens in general, an engine out of its time
* ugly, washed out graphics, it could be my imagination but I remember Fallout 3 to be prettier and less cartoon'y for its time
* FPS rollercoaster, even though my Skyrim runs at constant 60 FPS with 2K textures
* don't even try to compare Fallout 4's landscape to Skyrim, it will make you weep (not talking green meadows, just detail and atmosphere)
* wax museum character models

* gigantic, oversized console UI (as usual)
* literally the most unintuitive UI controls for a PC game of all times, Bethesda tried really really hard to pi** off PC players this time, this goes especially to the Pip-boy handling
* EVE Online character creator with bonkers Gamepad-turned-into-Keyboard controls
* dialogs only offer four responses with one trying to be extra-witty, like those dumbed down Bioware RPGs
* talent tree looks pretty and funny, but also unnessecarily bloated (pro tip: you can scroll down!)
* most weapons take up a quarter of the screen, I'm not even talking about rocket launchers, just pistols

* loot menu pops up everywhere and ruins immersion, no more opening boxes to see what's inside, especially distracting in combat
* talking to sleeping people sometimes makes them stand up immediatly, instead of waking and getting up
* NPCs happily block your way in the best of Bethesda's tradition
* NPC AI seems to be from the 90's, melee's happily run into minigun fire with a pocket knife, grenades are generally thrown at walls in front of them (incinerating themselves instead of me), animals blindly charge avoid of all fear, etc. pp.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

blowfish posted:

thought experiment:

podunk flyover state U loses tax funding, goes fishing for donors

literally hitler gets hired as tenured faculty, then un-hired while in the process of moving there over allegations of genocidal tendencies that upset donors

should hitler be able to sue them for a job/money

blowfish is the worst

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

zoux posted:

Terrible tacked on building and mod simulator to make money off the crop of recent titles.

n-n-no!

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
wow that dudes really getting mad at video games

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

im afraid they sold out

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

I loving rule at making chicken picatta.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

zoux posted:

LOL

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hes right about the keybindings tho

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
you know what i love reading? long, bulleted lists about video games

its the only thing keeping me from becoming a serial killer

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
are they all aspiring to be comic book guy?

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

On the bright side, the internet giving these people a place to air their opinions prevents them from becoming the axe-wielding nutjobs they would probably be without an escape valve.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Berke Negri posted:

lol @ the quest where you help him win a bar fight and get him laid

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Aeryk posted:

are they all aspiring to be comic book guy?

essentially yes

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
that would mean they were getting paid to be curmudgeons rather than doing it for free

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

anyone comparing fo3/nv to morrowind is freaking retarded

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
maybe if I bitch about anything and everything, people will like me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i never played NV is it also good.

my pc is literally "fo4 min specs" so I can't comment on graphical quality

• Locked thread