Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Chan Gailey
2010-2012

Record: 16-32 (.333 win rate, the worst of the lot)
Playoffs: nooooooooooope (but he was a classy dude and honestly i wish him the best)

More like, Chan GAIley, amirite?

GAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So uh has anyone mentioned that the first colorrush or whatever was the single most common color conflict for the colorblind? Red Green, for real?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Eifert Posting posted:

So uh has anyone mentioned that the first colorrush or whatever was the single most common color conflict for the colorblind? Red Green, for real?

I wish I was colorblind and had to turn it off.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

mcmagic posted:

It wasn't good but Bowles has been a HC for 9 games, not 7 years. We'll see what he is...

He might be worse than Rex.....................

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I'm red green colorblind, but I could see it fine. Something about rods or cones...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ZenVulgarity posted:

He might be worse than Rex.....................

Possible but I doubt it.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

i don't get it why does anyone have trouble seeing andy dalton complete passes to his best receiver

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ozu posted:

Rex 100% wanted to move up for Sanchez.

If true then I stand 100% corrected, and also: :laffo:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

mcmagic posted:

Possible but I doubt it.

He lost to Rex Ryan, noted bad coach, in his own building and was close only due to Rex Ryan, noted bad coah's mistakes

And still lost.....................................................................

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sean10mm posted:

If true then I stand 100% corrected, and also: :laffo:

He also started Sanchez year after year after year no matter how horribly he played.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Geno Smith was the starting quarterback until he got punched in the mouth lol

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

He also started Sanchez year after year after year no matter how horribly he played.

Freebow

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Lol if you think Chips Wild Ride wont stop the Bills...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

The Ravens will be awarded a first down after gaining 28 yards on 4th and 29 again and get a wild card

please don't trigger me

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Congrats to mcmagic on his new job at ESPN.com

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm confused. RR is cool, good and a winner but everyone is posting he's not?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm confused. RR is cool, good and a winner but everyone is posting he's not?

Rex Ryan is a cool okay coach whose teams will always under perform because he has no idea what the concept of "offense" is

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The Big Jesus posted:

I'm red green colorblind, but I could see it fine. Something about rods or cones...

Great Blue Man Group song

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I don't want an NFL without Rex and Rob Ryan in it, tbh

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Eifert Posting posted:

From Reddit:

Normal

Deuteranope Filter

Protanope Filter

Those are the two most common RG color blindness filters.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I'm not colorblind and those uniforms offended me. Can't wait for Jaguars puke "gold"

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

IcePhoenix posted:

From Reddit:

Normal

Deuteranope Filter

Protanope Filter

Yeah and something like 8% of men have that kind of colorblindness which is not an insignificant amount.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
They arnt playing or coaching the game, the guy running toward the goal is on offense, the guys trying to stop him are on defense.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

pasaluki posted:

Yeah and something like 8% of men have that kind of colorblindness which is not an insignificant amount.

Apparently 100% of the Jets.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

NC-17 posted:

Apparently 100% of the Jets.

Your joke reminds me of something interesting. The red Bills helmet that some people wanted them to wear last night actually exists because of colorblindness. Our quarterback during that time, Joe Ferguson couldn't see certain colors and was throwing a poo poo-ton of interceptions because all of the AFCE teams had white helmets including the Patriots.

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Untold-uniform-stories-Fergie-behind-helmet-color-change/363e8e60-8573-42ac-8f4a-2bb56169e127

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 13, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

pasaluki posted:

Your joke reminds me of something interesting. The red Bills helmet that some people wanted them to wear last night actually exists because of colorblindness. Our quarterback during that time, Joe Ferguson couldn't see certain colors and was throwing a poo poo-ton of interceptions because all of the AFCE teams had white helmets including the Patriots.

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Untold-uniform-stories-Fergie-behind-helmet-color-change/363e8e60-8573-42ac-8f4a-2bb56169e127

I didn't know there was an actual colourblindness issue involved, I thought it was just because all the white helmets made picking out your receivers difficult, and the red helmets would make them stand out.

(Bring back the red helmets)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Bring back the red helmets immediately

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Athanatos posted:

They arnt playing or coaching the game, the guy running toward the goal is on offense, the guys trying to stop him are on defense.

http://deadspin.com/stupid-nike-uniforms-wreaking-havoc-on-colorblind-nfl-f-1742272136

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
For what it's worth, I watched the game last night with my neighbor whose kid is color blind - can't see red - and he was able to distinguish the teams, the Jets looked much darker to him.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I'm slightly red green colorblind and had no problem. When the colors are right next to each other it's easy to tell which is which.

I can't see purple at all though :( thought the Vikings were Navy/Gold til I was like 14

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
I actually kinda liked the color rush uniforms. Can somebody toss one of these color blindness filters over an average game with non red or green uniforms? Lions vs Steelers or something?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I didn't know there was an actual colourblindness issue involved, I thought it was just because all the white helmets made picking out your receivers difficult, and the red helmets would make them stand out.

(Bring back the red helmets)

Weird. This quote seem to make it definitely seem like he was

quote:

Per Chris Brown of BuffaloBills.com, quarterback Joe Ferguson was color blind.  So with four teams in the AFC East having white helmets at the time (Pats, Dolphins, Bills, Colts), Ferguson was struggling to separate receivers from defenders.

“We needed to do something to distinguish the white helmet,” said Bills equipment manager  Dave Hojnowski.  “We found that Joe saw the red helmet differently than the white.  I’m not sure if it was a darker gray to him, but it was easier for him to distinguish and that’s the reason why we made the switch.  That was under the head coach at the time, Kay Stephenson.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/23/the-story-behind-the-bills-red-helmets/

But then other sources were saying he wasn't colorblind. So who the gently caress knows but its a fun little story. I guess it's even better if he wasnt colorblind but instead sucked so badly the team was obligated to change their helmet.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Chargers are most likely gonna play the Chiefs in TNF next year, so I welcome Powder Blue Onesies vs Kansas City Red Onesies

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I mean with 8% of males having it odds are some players have the issue.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Do colorblind people also have problems with the USC - UCLA games? They are the only other two solid color matchups I can think of.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Bip Roberts posted:

Do colorblind people also have problems with the USC - UCLA games? They are the only other two solid color matchups I can think of.

Most colourblindness affects the ability to see red or green. So they might have trouble seeing the USC unis, but the UCLA unis should be alright.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

IcePhoenix posted:

From Reddit:

Normal

Deuteranope Filter

Protanope Filter

Preview of the Jags game.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

computer parts posted:

Preview of the Jags game.

Don't worry, Jacksonville fans are used to what appears to be a ton of poo poo on the field

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bills, friends :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
The Jags "Bold" uniform makes me irrationally angry. It's bad enough I have to start drinking at 9:30am once a year.

• Locked thread