Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Holy poo poo, those wings :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Don't get too attached, those are the PvP MASTA wings

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.
WTF is a

Late Unpleasantness posted:

... momfights especially... checking for an active momfight...

???

HEVampersand
Apr 2, 2005

Do you even own a toothbrush?
^^ How do I become a PVP MASTA?

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Are they rewards for the new PvP League stuff? (Cant go on the GW2 site at work)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

AmericanGeeksta posted:

Are they rewards for the new PvP League stuff? (Cant go on the GW2 site at work)
Si.

HEVampersand posted:

^^ How do I become a PVP MASTA?
No details yet but one might reasonably expect it to be a grind!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Blasphemeral posted:

WTF is a

???

mom is the last boss of the Dragon's Stand meta event. You fight it.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I play the game doing whatever I want and the xp doesn't just rain down on me :shrug: And my favourite thing to do, dungeons, has been nerfed to the ground for that.

It hasn't actually. They nerfed dungeon gold rewards, but they still give buckets of experience.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Arus = Asura.
Makes U think.

I just died in Fallout 4 because I tried to glide. gently caress this game.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Kajeesus posted:

mom is the last boss of the Dragon's Stand meta event. You fight it.

It hasn't actually. They nerfed dungeon gold rewards, but they still give buckets of experience.

Well yeah, but its the dumb tyria experience.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Arus being close to asura is much more damning than anus.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
I already grind sPVP because Im a glutton for punishment and enjoy killing people.

Xantares
Jul 25, 2006
I just don't know

Kajeesus posted:

They reduced the experience reward at the end as well. Before it was 70% of level 80 (177,800), now it's closer to 60,000.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I don't know how people misunderstand me still, I've been pretty clear. I'm not against the mastery system, I actually like alternative advancement systems in MMOs quite a bit. I'm against the time and amount of experience currently required to unlock basic things that let me explore the world and do what I want, like jumping puzzles that are literally right there staring me in the face going "sorry come back in a year" like the example I gave yesterday.

also yes arus anus asura lolololteehee i'm anus

Kajeesus posted:

No, they nerfed dungeon experience too.

e:fb

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I don't know how people misunderstand me still, I've been pretty clear. I'm not against the mastery system, I actually like alternative advancement systems in MMOs quite a bit. I'm against the time and amount of experience currently required to unlock basic things that let me explore the world and do what I want, like jumping puzzles that are literally right there staring me in the face going "sorry come back in a year" like the example I gave yesterday.

This is my complaint too and I don't understand why people find this so hard to understand.

Look, it's one thing if we had tons of different content to level the masteries through like when we were leveling 1-80. But that isn't the case. If you want to level the HoT masteries, you've got to play the HoT meta events over, and over, and over, and over, ad nauseam.

Which isn't terrible (at least I don't have to stand in one spot and kill mobs over and over) but after a few weeks of doing that I could really use something a bit new.

You know what would make it not so bad? If we could just select a single mastery and level it anywhere. I would be a lot happier if I could get XP for my HoT masteries when I go do stuff in Tyria.

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 13, 2015

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They could've at least changed the positioning so that the vendor levels were all after the corresponding exploration abilities

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
I've noticed some goons who dislike the mastery system as it is — or rather, the time required to unlock certain things — expressing the opinion that this may change. I wouldn't get your hopes up. They changed the HP required for elite specs because people complained about it, but who's complaining about this? You? Go on Reddit and tell me how many pages you have to flip through before you find a thread on the subject; I would tell you myself, but I gave up after ten pages.

Kenshin posted:

You know what would make it not so bad? If we could just select a single mastery and level it anywhere. I would be a lot happier if I could get XP for my HoT masteries when I go do stuff in Tyria.

I imagine this is something they will do once a new set of masteries (i.e. separate from maguuma and tyria masteries) is released. Presuming new content is designed with gliding in mind, of course.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 13, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

There's a thread summing up the current guild mission issues if anybody is curious.

quote:

Treks:
The only people who can get credit for the trek are ones that either activate a point, or are standing extremely close to a point when it is activated. It can be worked around, but the system is unreliable. Large guilds like mine will have to get an entire group to one point and be sure everyone is in range, but the problem extends to any size guild when the entire trek is only five points (easy mission)

Puzzles:
In theory the instance is fine, however whereas before it was possible to port people in at certain points if they got left behind and locked behind a door, that system no longer works. The checkpoints are fine, but only seem to work if you die, not if you are behind.

End rewards are buggy, only a few people who complete the puzzle get personal rewards whereas before everyone who ran through was guaranteed a bouncy chest at the end. I haven’t sorted out what the game’s restrictions are for who actually gets credit, but it seems to possibly be tied to how many people are recommended for the puzzle. I do not understand why the system no longer rewards everyone who runs the puzzle to completion.

The instance map puts every puzzle in Lornar’s pass, which removes the minimap of the maze in the Proxemics lab. As this created confusion among my veteran players, I can only imagine what it must do for a guild of newer players.

Some people who didn’t accept/decline credit still got individual bouncy chests.

Rush:
The rush states a specific time for completion, but does not give the correct amount of time. We were supposed to have 11 minutes for our rush in the PVE opportunities slot, but only received 9. The guild behind us rolled 10 minutes 30 seconds.

On completion of rushes, many players have to run back and forth through the end flag to get popped out of form and receive individual credit toward the rush.

Unlike previously, when guilds could participate in other guild’s rushes, the system no longer allows for sharing. We attempted to go to another guild’s rush and did not receive guild or individual credit for running it.

Some people who were simply afk in LA got rush credit when they hadn’t run it.

WvW missions:
Good luck to any multi-server guilds completing these in an orderly fashion. Otherwise, they seem to work the best out of any of the missions.

PvP missions:
The timer does not stay open until the end to allow for many guild members to get individual credit for these missions. Unfortunately, the only people who get credit are the ones who contribute toward the total needed wins or rank points earned, and then the mission completes and closes, making getting individual completion for PvP missions for large guilds unpleasant. Additionally, there is a cooldown on the missions so they cannot be spam activated if more guild teams are in a match, so that is not a solution.

The solution to this would simply be to leave the timer open and allow anyone who got a win/earned rank points to get individual rewards, but that is not how the system works.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Guild-Mission-Bugs/

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Liberatore posted:

I've noticed some goons who dislike the mastery system as it is — or rather, the time required to unlock certain things — expressing the opinion that this may change. I wouldn't get your hopes up. They changed the HP required for elite specs because people complained about it, but who's complaining about this? You? Go on Reddit and tell me how many pages you have to flip through before you find a thread on the subject; I would tell you myself, but I gave up after ten pages.

I'm not only going to raise my concerns about something if everyone else does, that makes no sense, other people's opinions have no bearing on mine :confused: If I don't like something, I'm not going to like it, regardless of what others think. I don't have any expectation this will change, the general direction of GW2 is changing and I'm just not on board I guess.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Honest question, what would the mastery system lose if it focused on stuff like exalted assistance, the leaderships etc? Doing dragons stand without leyline (and poison) to some degree is so loving dull.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm not only going to raise my concerns about something if everyone else does, that makes no sense, other people's opinions have no bearing on mine :confused: If I don't like something, I'm not going to like it, regardless of what others think. I don't have any expectation this will change, the general direction of GW2 is changing and I'm just not on board I guess.

He's not talking about raising your concerns, he's talking about how people keep insisting that the exp requirements are going to be changed when there is very little indication that enough people have a problem with this to make it an issue that will addressed. Unlike the HP issue.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

malhavok posted:

He's not talking about raising your concerns, he's talking about how people keep insisting that the exp requirements are going to be changed when there is very little indication that enough people have a problem with this to make it an issue that will addressed. Unlike the HP issue.

Gotcha. I definitely don't think it'll be changed. Which is partially why it bums me out :(

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Stormgale posted:

Honest question, what would the mastery system lose if it focused on stuff like exalted assistance, the leaderships etc? Doing dragons stand without leyline (and poison) to some degree is so loving dull.

I've never done DS with ley line. Do you mean updraft?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Can people still group up for the new story missions? I may end up begging for help in the last story mission, Dragon's Stand.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Changes to fractals, including more money and XP but still gated behind a literal asura gate. When will Failnet learn?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Kenshin posted:

This, really. I've been doing map completion on a dusty 80, and I'm 1/4 of the way through the last Pact Commander level. It's really no better for repetition than running loops with the Itzel or the Pale Reavers, but the trappings change more often and you're less likely to be skeletonized by a pack of sawtoothed chickens. I understand wanting people to play the new content, but that could still be accomplished with the regionally flavoured mastery points requiring you to do the story and push into the dangerous depths of Maguuma.

Some of the unlocks look like things that would be QOL bullet points in another game, or a disused configuration option. Motoring around cities quicker, and rezzing people better are nice little benefits, but c'mon-- autoloot? I get locking regional movement gimmicks behind low-level masteries, you want players to actually interact with the new terrain, maybe even appreciate the unlocks, but several of the glider unlocks should have been basic functionality.

Anyway. I don't think any of it's likely to change, and I will eventually get the useful bits and more unlocked; I just wanted to make a few comments. I'm really just glad that they're account-wide unlocks, so that I don't have to keep doing 'em.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

ItBurns posted:

I've never done DS with ley line. Do you mean updraft?

Oh I mean ley line, like the fight would be alot smoother if I didn't have to aim for up drafts in MoM's hitbox or could get to places faster.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

ItBurns posted:

Changes to fractals, including more money and XP but still gated behind a literal asura gate. When will Failnet learn?

These are good changes that I agree with.

Now, I need to start working on clearing up the 1-20 fractals I haven't done so I can actually use the drat LFG tool for 21+...

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

When elite specs used to cost a lot and every hero point counted I would have complained about mastery grind but now it's pretty much relegated to extra convenience and vendors/map completion for precursor collections.

This seems more like a case of "because I can, I have to" and yeah with that sanse of thinking you're going to have a bad time.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

jjac posted:

When elite specs used to cost a lot and every hero point counted I would have complained about mastery grind but now it's pretty much relegated to extra convenience and vendors/map completion for precursor collections.

This seems more like a case of "because I can, I have to" and yeah with that sanse of thinking you're going to have a bad time.
Well, sort of. Not so much have to, but would like to, but instead of actually working on something interesting to get my (insert item that requires high-level HoT masteries here) I'm just stuck in the same zones doing the same thing over and over.

I honestly don't think CLAM DOWN and I would be complaining about this nearly as much even with the current XP requirements that we think are too high if you could just earn XP toward the HoT mastery levels anywhere. I don't see anybody complaining about the Tyria masteries, even with the same (similar?) XP requirements, because there is such a variety of things you can do to earn the XP there (and coming soon, fractals will get even better for that, as we see in the notes above)

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Kenshin posted:

Well, sort of. Not so much have to, but would like to, but instead of actually working on something interesting to get my (insert item that requires high-level HoT masteries here) I'm just stuck in the same zones doing the same thing over and over.

I honestly don't think CLAM DOWN and I would be complaining about this nearly as much even with the current XP requirements that we think are too high if you could just earn XP toward the HoT mastery levels anywhere. I don't see anybody complaining about the Tyria masteries, even with the same (similar?) XP requirements, because there is such a variety of things you can do to earn the XP there (and coming soon, fractals will get even better for that, as we see in the notes above)

One issue with this is that you still need to do the meta for all of the collections as they all require map-specific currencies (lol) or specific meta events or other drops.

Really it just boils down to the fact that some people want everything and they want it now because they're veterans and they deserve it. That's fine, but even if they lower the XP requirements there's so much more content that will look even more out of line. I'm not saying they shouldn't, but you're not fixing much when it comes to how HoT is laid out for what Anet apparently sees as the long-game.

They either need to acknowledge that its an issue and lay out a road map for fixing it, or go on record that people have to deal with it. The weird limbo where people are just sitting around wondering whether they're ever going to get to do X or if they should wait for a balance pass is probably a lot of the consternation.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Nov 13, 2015

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Supposedly locking auto-loot behind masteries is to help fight botting. I don't know enough to say if that's a reasonable strategy or not.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

ItBurns posted:

One issue with this is that you still need to do the meta for all of the collections as they all require map-specific currencies (lol) or specific meta events or other drops.
That's true to some extent, but there are also things you simply cannot begin building up stocks of until you've gotten some higher level masteries. The currencies (particularly airship parts!) aren't actually all that hard to get. Sure, I'm not trying to buy any of the stuff that costs 1,000 of whatever currency, but I've yet to feel like the 250-500 costing stuff is all that hard to earn.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kenshin posted:

These are good changes that I agree with.

Now, I need to start working on clearing up the 1-20 fractals I haven't done so I can actually use the drat LFG tool for 21+...

Maybe they'll they change so that once you cap Tyria masteries extra xp will go towards HoT

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ItBurns posted:

Really it just boils down to the fact that some people want everything and they want it now because they're veterans and they deserve it.

I want to be able to do this jumping puzzle I am standing at the bottom of. Is that really such a I WANT IT NOW BECAUSE I"M A VETERAN unreasonable request :jerkbag:

e: ugh why am I unironically replying you, you're worse than the asuran race

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I haven't even found any jumping puzzles in the new zones. Minor things that lead to vistas or mastery insights, yes, but not proper Jumping Puzzles that give achievements and grand chests like the old zones had.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I haven't even found any jumping puzzles in the new zones. Minor things that lead to vistas or mastery insights, yes, but not proper Jumping Puzzles that give achievements and grand chests like the old zones had.

I elaborated on it a page or two ago. The one I'm talking about repeatedly is the huge ley line one behind the falls in Auric Basin.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

ItBurns posted:

Really surprised this wasn't an asura butt.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I thought I found a chest tucked away, until I tried to open it and it told me I needed such-and-such mastery to open it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Kerrrrrrr posted:

There's a pitch dark cave in a god forsaken corner of tangled depths that is some kind of jumping puzzle. I spent a half hour climbing up roots and all I found was a bedroll and a lantern with no possible interaction, so either I missed something or it's not a "real" jumping puzzle. Can't find anything about it on the internet either.

You do go into it on one path during one of the story missions so maybe the jumping puzzle part is just an easter egg.

• Locked thread