Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

You guys should do the vertical blink and goomba stomp thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
:ughh:

High Chaos indeed.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
That right there is a guy who got his own squad after a certain previous night.

Believe it.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Martin doesn't seem much like the other Overseers, who all have sticks up their asses. Maybe that's why he was on the outs with them in the first place.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh that's Havlock in front of me, I passed Martin and he opened his fuckin' trap.

E: He was also committing crimes against gravity though.

Orv fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 12, 2015

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
On the plus side he's really not in the way of the sweeping.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Orv posted:

Oh that's Havlock in front of me, I passed Martin and he opened his fuckin' trap.

E: He was also committing crimes against gravity though.

It was a stealth patch poking fun at Huey's legs from MGS5.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

The Outsider is strong in this one.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
He's just working on his glutes.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
That's just the latest crazy Crossfit workout, don't worry about it

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Huh, he didn't strike me as a vegan.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

edit: wrong thread, of course 2 threads I'm reading would be talking about crossfit at the same time

Orv
May 4, 2011
LP canceled on account of fallout.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
At least it wasn't the taser.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
oh shut the gently caress up orv

High Chaos Run update:
Post-High Overseer Interlude: Youtube Polsy
The Golden Cat, part 1: Youtube Polsy

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That synchronized dancing. Do the rat dance. Do the rat dance.

It's the Dunwell version of the classic cowboy dance.

Poil fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 13, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Someone oughtta gif that and put it with Safety Dance.

Anyhow, I never figured the whole "Galvani = the BRatman" connection but it kind of does make sense from Slackjaw's point of view... Which makes it even funnier.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 13, 2015

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
This LP is an absolute pleasure and a privilege. I played this game totally straight in murder-stealth mode, and it's really amusing to watch it just get taken completely apart in both low and high chaos runs. Really looking forward to watching Roboky do his thing on my lunch break later.

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 13, 2015

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Slackjaw is such a good character. Self-made businessman, principled, charismatic. He even hires on people with learning disabilities!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Huh, I completely missed this thread.

I'm still getting caught up, but the non-lethal route with the head church guy bugs me. "Hmmm. There was an attack on church HQ last night, and during the attack the Pope branded himself as an arch-heretic and excommunicated himself. Seems legit, toss him out onto the streets."

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Huh, I completely missed this thread.

I'm still getting caught up, but the non-lethal route with the head church guy bugs me. "Hmmm. There was an attack on church HQ last night, and during the attack the Pope branded himself as an arch-heretic and excommunicated himself. Seems legit, toss him out onto the streets."

You also stole his black book of blackmail material and the entrance to his lair full of discarded bras, drugs, wine and assorted debauchery were found. I'd say the blackmail was the only thing keeping the rest from finding an excuse to toss his rear end out and him being given the Heretic's brand was the perfect excuse.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Yeah, Martin comments later on in the game that Campbell was blackmailing half of the Abbey. So basically what happened is the first guy who walked in loving hated the guy and was like "HA HA HA gently caress YOU, MAN."

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

They're barely the heads at this point. The Empress' father had a peaceful prosperous period in charge and she pulled out the stops to be a good ruler and not deport or quarantine people because of the plague. She's been bumped off and replaced by a paranoid nutjob and his cronies who keep their rule by threats and blackmail. There's not much of the city left and they still can't really control it.

The entire place is a loving mess and they're not really in charge at all. In a properly organised system the brand probably wouldn't do the job, but when everyone is scared and uncertain and they hates their job and their boss, it probably would give them the nudge they need.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maybe the branding iron was kept at the ready because the ol' high overseer was using it to threaten the rest as part of the blackmail. It would also explain why the two guys on the street were talking about it, it's been mentioned more lately.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

There is also a letter that basically has Campbell threatening a nameless overseer with branding if he doesn't stop poking around Holger's Eye near his sin bin.

I never bother showing it off because all it does is show the sin bin exists, and the whole peeking in the very unfortunately placed window thing does that.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Speedball posted:

You also stole his black book of blackmail material and the entrance to his lair full of discarded bras, drugs, wine and assorted debauchery were found. I'd say the blackmail was the only thing keeping the rest from finding an excuse to toss his rear end out and him being given the Heretic's brand was the perfect excuse.

Fair enough, seems to be that kind of game. Which begs the question: is the final boss going to be the grizzled admiral, or the nobleman who's much more canny and dangerous than he lets on?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The final boss is a whale in a mechsuit.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Green Intern posted:

The final boss is a whale in a mechsuit.

almost, it is a rat in a whale oil suit. Think one of the Globadiers from Vermintide.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
Those loving assassins are the reason I've never managed to Ghost the Golden Cat mission.

gently caress those guys.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Cythereal posted:

Fair enough, seems to be that kind of game. Which begs the question: is the final boss going to be the grizzled admiral, or the nobleman who's much more canny and dangerous than he lets on?

well, actually...
It's the tech guy when he goes unhinged after the maid refuses his inappropriate advances one time too many
not actually a spoiler

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
♫ Wiggle to your left, wiggle to your right
Sweep your arm down and slice slice slice
It's the rat dance
It's the rat dance
Everybody everybody come on and do the rat dance ♫

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Ablative posted:

Those loving assassins are the reason I've never managed to Ghost the Golden Cat mission.

gently caress those guys.
Fairly sure you can avoid them completely.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
As far as the assassins go, you can just go through the buildings above the distillery to sneak up and give them hugs, they teleport about a bit but only in a real short pattern

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

JT Jag posted:

♫ Wiggle to your left, wiggle to your right
Sweep your arm down and slice slice slice
It's the rat dance
It's the rat dance
Everybody everybody come on and do the rat dance ♫

Please.

It's called the Ratusi.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

What's the deal with the assassins anyway? Is it just a scripted fight? Does the game explain where they came from and why they have tractor beam powers?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

CirclMastr posted:

What's the deal with the assassins anyway? Is it just a scripted fight? Does the game explain where they came from and why they have tractor beam powers?

It's the same guys from the intro who kill the Empress, or at least members of the same organization. They have magic powers like Corvo, for Reasons.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I handle them cleanly in my run.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I... don't.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I like to think you and Roboky are just doing the Dunwall ecology a service.by feeding the local rat population and/or providing good cleaning jobs to local hard-working rodent families, kinda like how all elf players in Vermintide are just hand delivering their own corpses to rats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Coolguye posted:

I handle them cleanly in my run.
Do you also leave behind the biggest treasure again in this run?

Because if you do that's going to be an amazing bit of schadenfreude.

• Locked thread