Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

limaCAT posted:

Destiny is a terrible loot based game.
Gameplay is good, but the game gives you poo poo loot, you are unable to get to the max power level by yourself alone and there is not that much variety in top level weapons. And there is not that much variety in the single player, except the days when the game decides to hold your evening hostage.

Are there any good loot based action games, for PC, PS4, PSVita or PS3? (I already have borderlands: the handsome collection, I might also play that again).

Fallout 4 is a great action based loot game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Nasgate posted:

Fallout 4 is a great action based loot game.

Yup, good choice, but I already decided I'm going to buy that when a few patches drop, had already played skyrim on pc with funny bugs on launch.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Great almost everything on that direct I want now.

I'll get Twilight Princess cause I actually liked that game despite a lot of bad poo poo in it.
I'm getting Star Fox Zero cause it looks fun.
Getting that Paper Mario & Luigi game.
Gonna probably get Xenoblade X despite being unsure about it.
Pokken Tournament because it looks ridiculous and fun.

Really unsure if I want DQ8 though, I might just play the PS2 version.

GUYS HELP I"M STARTING TO GET HYPED FOR GAMES AND I THINK I HAVE FAITH THAT GAMES ARE GOOD AGAIN.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Nov 13, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I tried to play tp not that long ago, it seemed good. if it wasn't for motion controls I might have finished it. a Wii u version with classic controls could be extremely my poo poo

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Golden Goat posted:

Great almost everything on that direct I want now.

I'll get Twilight Princess cause I actually liked that game despite a lot of bad poo poo in it.
I'm getting Star Fox Zero cause it looks fun.
Getting that Paper Mario & Luigi game.
Gonna probably get Xenoblade X despite being unsure about it.
Pokken Tournament because it looks ridiculous and fun.

Really unsure if I want DQ8 though, I might just play the PS2 version.

GUYS HELP I"M STARTING TO GET HYPED FOR GAMES AND I THINK I HAVE FAITH THAT GAMES ARE GOOD AGAIN.

*smiles at the thought of gamers hanging in there and waiting for the good times*

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

hubris.height posted:

I tried to play tp not that long ago, it seemed good. if it wasn't for motion controls I might have finished it. a Wii u version with classic controls could be extremely my poo poo

smh if you didn't own a gamecube

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I think aside from the lovely fishing thing the motion controls were fine. There were never any real need for precise slashes so you never had to do a full motion swing like Skyward Sword.

Aiming controls were fun in TP for obvious reasons.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Should I bother finishing Skyward Sword, I hated its boring dungeons and bosses so much.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lurdiak posted:

Should I bother finishing Skyward Sword, I hated its boring dungeons and bosses so much.

Just watch it on youtube.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lurdiak posted:

I'm in the same boat

Paladinus posted:

Just watch it on youtube.

Aw.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't really see a point in playing a game you're not enjoying.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Okay lol I didn't get this reference til it was pointed out to me from the Cloud in Smash trailer

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Help I feel like 99% of games are boring as gently caress lately. The only game on the horizon that I'm positive I'll have a ton of fun with is Just Cause 3. I sort of enjoyed Arkham Knight and MGSV but ended up not finishing either because by the end they both became too tedious and repetitive. What am I missing.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

Help I feel like 99% of games are boring as gently caress lately. The only game on the horizon that I'm positive I'll have a ton of fun with is Just Cause 3. I sort of enjoyed Arkham Knight and MGSV but ended up not finishing either because by the end they both became too tedious and repetitive. What am I missing.

Sounds like you need something with crazy action like Just Cause 3.

Good luck.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tomahawk posted:

The Just Cause guys made the Mad Max game, which I sunk about 60 hours into with no regrets. Maybe that'll tide you over.

Nate RFB posted:

I don't really see a point in playing a game you're not enjoying.

It's weird, I've never disliked a Zelda before. Except for the weird Four Swords time attack thing.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

if you haven't been hyped with games this year till now you have major issues

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Mr E posted:

Wasn't hyped for anything this year, it's actually kind of great.

Like I forgot about MGSV this year until five days before release and I enjoy the crap outta it.

Less hype is good.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Lurdiak posted:

It's weird, I've never disliked a Zelda before. Except for the weird Four Swords time attack thing.
At least with Skyward Sword, my enjoyment went up a lot when I went in and hacked out a lot of annoying crap with Ocarina. I don't think it's a great Zelda but enjoyed the experience overall more than say Twilight Princess or the awful DS games.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Mr E posted:

I have a weird brain

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Golden Goat posted:

smdh that you ever had doubt

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

smdh that you ever had doubt

There's just been so much terrible anime RPG maker games being shat out by Steam lately.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Wasn't hyped for anything this year, it's actually kind of great.

Like I forgot about MGSV this year until five days before release and I enjoy the crap outta it.

Less hype is good.

oh well that's fine too, it just seemed like people weren't enjoying games this year or something crazy

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
Distance is a Fun game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feGt4AEM9z4

Rave party racing that can be as casual or as insanely hardcore as you want. Great developers making a great game.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I just realized that the Steam release of ADOM is coming out in 3 days. Anyone know what the release price might be? I've never played it before and am interested.

I'd buy a Steam version of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup in a second. Support roguelikes, folks

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Tomahawk posted:

Go try crazy poo poo out of your comfort zone like a space sim or a roguelike

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Electric Lady posted:

I'd buy a Steam version of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup in a second. Support roguelikes, folks

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

Less hype is good.

The less hyped you are for games the more likely you'll be pleasantly surprised!

program666
Aug 22, 2013

my hype only goes up to "cautiously optimistic". I mean the greatest games ever are only published by awfully unreliable developers like egosoft, whoever does mount and blade and capcom

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I mean, capcom games are way more polished of course but they only put monster hunter on platforms I don't own :(

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

program666 posted:

I mean, capcom games are way more polished of course but they only put monster hunter on platforms I don't own :(

Got a PC?

There is a pay to win mmo....

program666
Aug 22, 2013

theultimo posted:

Got a PC?

There is a pay to win mmo....

the best experience on pc is with ppsspp and finding a community for you to play with, I found a local one with the lowest pings and it plays brilliantly

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Portable 3rd is the poo poo. I miss nargacuga in 4U. Not having to claw anymore is wonderful, too.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder how well would I be able to play the 3ds version, considering most people playing it online are most certainly not from near me since I live in a starving 3rd world country, they would most likely go for the filez solution, so maybe ppsspp is actually my best option forever

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
P3rd is your best bet since Tri is actually missing several classes of weapons (gunlances are missing entirely for example). Also it's the only one where they did bowguns in a weird way where you build them out of several pieces.

e: did not see edit my mistake

Electric Lady fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 13, 2015

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

program666 posted:

I wonder how well would I be able to play the 3ds version, considering most people playing it online are most certainly not from near me since I live in a starving 3rd world country, they would most likely go for the filez solution, so maybe ppsspp is actually my best option forever

I know America is now a third world country, but Japanese and US play pretty well imo in 4U

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I am playing Fallout 4 and it is kind of bumming me out because when Bethesda makes a lovely broken fantasy game, it's like "yeah well that's exactly what you'd expect" but every time they make a lovely broken Fallout game it just hurts a little more.

I really genuinely wish they would just retain publishing rights but let Obsidian be the Fallout devs forever. It has so much potential as a franchise but every other game stinks. :(

program666
Aug 22, 2013

theultimo posted:

I know America is now a third world country, but Japanese and US play pretty well imo in 4U
you don't say?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Brosnan posted:

I am playing Fallout 4 and it is kind of bumming me out because when Bethesda makes a lovely broken fantasy game, it's like "yeah well that's exactly what you'd expect" but every time they make a lovely broken Fallout game it just hurts a little more.

I really genuinely wish they would just retain publishing rights but let Obsidian be the Fallout devs forever. It has so much potential as a franchise but every other game stinks. :(

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM

Bethesda has never not made a broken game. I have no idea what you were expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Electric Lady posted:

P3rd is your best bet since Tri is actually missing several classes of weapons (gunlances are missing entirely for example). Also it's the only one where they did bowguns in a weird way where you build them out of several pieces.

e: did not see edit my mistake

Yeah, I'm aware of it, I played 1000 hours if you combine my mhfu and mhp3rd saves, I've been playing since the time it was only possible to play monhun online decently with an actual psp, xlink kay and a usb wireless card

• Locked thread