Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I wanna see n0thing call.

Uhhhhh..... let's go B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Or just make swag IGL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9TDwpwRIFE

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
protip: try out invert mouse for one game, its great :D

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Demostrs posted:

protip: try out invert mouse for one game, its great :D

doing this on a bike and actually learning it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzDaBzBlL0

makes it pretty much impossible to ride a normal bike again without going through all the learning again. i.e. its not possible to be able to ride a backwards bike and a normal bike at the same time

I don't know how true this is with reference to mouse aiming inverted vs normal but if you play cs a lot i would recommend not actually trying to learn inverted mouse cause you might actually get it

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

mcvey posted:

I wanna see n0thing call.

Uhhhhh..... let's go B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJCA-DqNUlk

(this joke is both about the sound of his voice and also his level of consequence in social situations)

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

I don't know how true this is with reference to mouse aiming inverted vs normal

it's not. it takes me 2 minutes to switch.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

clod9 gonna make the top 10 epicest fails of 2015 on youtube

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Valve, please revert the all talk changes at half time and end of the game. I miss trash talking the other team and baiting them into kicking each other.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

Ahdinko posted:

Valve, please revert the all talk changes at half time and end of the game. I miss trash talking the other team and baiting them into kicking each other.

As an avid HLDJ, half of my audience are missing out on my fresh beats.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Ahdinko posted:

I didn't think I would miss it, but I really do.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Sewer Adventure posted:

As an avid HLDJ, half of my audience are missing out on my fresh beats.

Meh, that one varies. I never play the music but sometimes they play a good tune and everyone gets involved so I like to join in the party.

And sometimes it sounds like they're playing it from their 2004 Nokia whilst holding a sock inbetween the phone and the mic, and the phone is about 0.5cm away from their mic so its mainly a large buzzing sound rather than music. Those ones get muted about 10 seconds into warmup for the rest of the game

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Valve added some "legacy" audio easter eggs in this update. I guess they felt nostalgic while doing the new footstep sounds?

1.) The CS 1.6 ricochet sounds have been readded.
2.) If you get the defuse with like, less than a second left on the C4 timer, one of the CS:S bot taunts will play.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

The Kins posted:

Valve added some "legacy" audio easter eggs in this update. I guess they felt nostalgic while doing the new footstep sounds?

1.) The CS 1.6 ricochet sounds have been readded.
2.) If you get the defuse with like, less than a second left on the C4 timer, one of the CS:S bot taunts will play.

This is good i like this

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

doing this on a bike and actually learning it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzDaBzBlL0

makes it pretty much impossible to ride a normal bike again without going through all the learning again. i.e. its not possible to be able to ride a backwards bike and a normal bike at the same time

I don't know how true this is with reference to mouse aiming inverted vs normal but if you play cs a lot i would recommend not actually trying to learn inverted mouse cause you might actually get it

True story: ever since playing N64 as a kid, I can no longer use non-inverted controllers to aim. Every time I sit down to play on a PS4 or whatnot, I have to change to inverted because my brain is forever retarded.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

On a related note: not using inverted when flying planes in a videogame is weird and should be frowned upon.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Macnult posted:

On a related note: not using inverted when flying planes in a videogame is weird and should be frowned upon.

don't you loving tell anyone what to do bitch. i will destroy you

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

This is definitely wrong because people learn to ride bikes backwards and forwards interchangeably and its used all the time in trick riding.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Ya turns out you can't just change your real planes config and get push to pitch up

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

henne posted:

Ya turns out you can't just change your real planes config and get push to pitch up

I bet you can.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Macnult posted:

Noo, if its mouse controlled, non inverted is what you want. Just point and click.
If you're using a joystick, inverted all day.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Carol Pizzamom posted:

don't you loving tell anyone what to do bitch. i will destroy you

You can be my wingman anytime.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Salt Fish posted:

This is definitely wrong because people learn to ride bikes backwards and forwards interchangeably and its used all the time in trick riding.
Do you mean pushing the pedals backwards on a fixie? The bike in the video has gears set up so turning the handlebars turns your front wheel opposite the direction you turned the handlebars. He's not moving backwards on a bike, the bike itself turns backwards.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So after destroying 3 teams in a row 16-5 or better I finally rank up to LE on a tie. We had to boot a guy for throwing and I didn't play well. But nope, rank me up now, not when I'm playing well.

And my first game as LE a guy on my team gets VAC banned and my internet drops. Great...

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Nice dude I got eagle for the first time the other day!!!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

just ranked up to LE again earlier this morning, I think I was playing with a goon crazyace? We stomped a team 16-3, picked up a pub that was pretty good, proceeded to dominatee 2 more teams 16-1 and 16-0, and then our final game was a close game ending in a tie.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

If you had two bikes that were noticeably different in appearance, and rode each for the same amount of time in the same order every day, I bet you could do both.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I'm starting to be a big fish in a Silver pond, so I can't wait to rank up and loving hate my life again. :v:

Got my first Ace from a 1v5 that i forced into 5 1v1s yesterday, and it sucks knowing that soon enough I won't be able to get that adrenaline high. :smith:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
It's all silver until LE+

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Famethrowa posted:

Got my first Ace from a 1v5 that i forced into 5 1v1s yesterday, and it sucks knowing that soon enough I won't be able to get that adrenaline high. :smith:

Last night four of us goons needed a fifth and none of our usual suspects were available, so I ended up inviting a 4 star nova as our fifth (1 SMFC, 3 le/LEM, 1 nova). It was a fun and exhilarating game that gave me a major adrenaline high because we ended up tying it (I played like dog poo poo in the first half) with some crucial rounds.

I will now take that little Nova under my wing and turn him into an unstoppable fragging machine! He said the game was intense and while we may have been hard on him at times he really valued the tips and criticism we had given him.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

mcvey posted:

It's all silver until LE+

I was talking to some of the guys I was queueing with last night/this morning and some of it really depends on when you're playing. Late night/early morning (US hours) skill level goes way down even at the same ranks. Now I know there's obviously a spread in ranks and some people are definitely higher rank than they should be either from boosting, luck or friends, but I've noticed over the past few weeks that when I play during non-peak US hours the skill level just drops a shitload, I could probably get global if I played from 3am-6am exclusively without making any sort of attempt at improving.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Turk February posted:

Last night four of us goons needed a fifth and none of our usual suspects were available, so I ended up inviting a 4 star nova as our fifth (1 SMFC, 3 le/LEM, 1 nova). It was a fun and exhilarating game that gave me a major adrenaline high because we ended up tying it (I played like dog poo poo in the first half) with some crucial rounds.

I will now take that little Nova under my wing and turn him into an unstoppable fragging machine! He said the game was intense and while we may have been hard on him at times he really valued the tips and criticism we had given him.

I'm way below nova, but would gladly be an anchor so I can learn, if you are down a person. Steam name is slurps.

I've gotten really good at not peeking, and instead lurking, and that's won me more shootouts than my aim does. My main issues is nade placement and proper pushing/rotating strategy.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Famethrowa posted:

I'm way below nova, but would gladly be an anchor so I can learn, if you are down a person. Steam name is slurps.

I've gotten really good at not peeking, and instead lurking, and that's won me more shootouts than my aim does. My main issues is nade placement and proper pushing/rotating strategy.

I just sent you a friend request (Axi0m). I've got a couple low rank/unranked smurfs to help lessen the pain if need be, but I'm down with whatever.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

If you're nova your issues aren't nade placement and high level strategy, you're still in the realm of "Need To Click Heads Better". I'm not saying ignore the other stuff, but you probably have poor crosshair placement, haven't mastered strafe shooting etc.

I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to be helpful, your largest strides towards improving (without having seen you play) are likely going to be made by improving your crosshair placement/aim ability, map sense kind of falls into that because as you're moving around you should know generally where people will be so that you can already aim at those spots as you peak them.

Game sense comes with playing a lot, you will get a general feel for how maps flow, watch some pro games and rather than watching an individual player shooting other players, watch how the team moves and creates space and plays, they will (generally) set up cross fires in specific areas because it minimizes their chance of dying and increases the likelihood that the enemy will die because the enemy exposed themselves to 2-3 people at the same moment.

But yeah anyway, work on crosshair placement and overall aim first, the rest will start to come naturally and then you can start to focus on the other stuff harder once you are hitting your "aim ceilling" In all honestly you could probably never throw a grenade until you get to MG ranks and 40 bomb and carry teams.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

MF_James posted:

But yeah anyway, work on crosshair placement and overall aim first, the rest will start to come naturally and then you can start to focus on the other stuff harder once you are hitting your "aim ceilling" In all honestly you could probably never throw a grenade until you get to MG ranks and 40 bomb and carry teams.

That definitely holds for MGE at least.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I also found when I first started that going into a map like aimbotz helped me a lot learning sprays but it didn't go much further. But going into a public aim map was far better for learning movement and how to fight actual people. Bots just don't behave like people and trying to learn their random rear end movements doesn't translate well to games.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

http://www.twitch.tv/faceittv

Somehow GOTV is loving up and swapping the team models, so this is the most confusing match I have ever seen at the moment.

they fixed it

sleppy fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 13, 2015

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

MF_James posted:

If you're nova your issues aren't nade placement and high level strategy, you're still in the realm of "Need To Click Heads Better". I'm not saying ignore the other stuff, but you probably have poor crosshair placement, haven't mastered strafe shooting etc.

I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to be helpful, your largest strides towards improving (without having seen you play) are likely going to be made by improving your crosshair placement/aim ability, map sense kind of falls into that because as you're moving around you should know generally where people will be so that you can already aim at those spots as you peak them.

Game sense comes with playing a lot, you will get a general feel for how maps flow, watch some pro games and rather than watching an individual player shooting other players, watch how the team moves and creates space and plays, they will (generally) set up cross fires in specific areas because it minimizes their chance of dying and increases the likelihood that the enemy will die because the enemy exposed themselves to 2-3 people at the same moment.

Good poo poo. I've been practicing strafe shooting and corner contol, but burst control is the toughest. Is there a good way to set up moving targets beyond DM? because sometimes i just need to shoot at defenseless bots.

That said, I know I will never be a great twitch player, and will never have a great stutter step (unless somehow you can bind rapidly pressing ad with a single click heh), so I want to excel in the things I know I can do easy, which is the meta game.

Edit: actually, maybe if I bound a macro to my mouse I could alternate between wasd and a "ad" macro. Experimenting is fun :science:

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 13, 2015

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

sleppy posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/faceittv

Somehow GOTV is loving up and swapping the team models, so this is the most confusing match I have ever seen at the moment.

All of the hit sounds were gushes too. But maybe that's just the new sounds and I'm not used to it.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i've been stuck in LE for so long :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
supreme and global are awash with 30-80 hour accounts, it's getting kind of annoying and contributes to the complete randomness of the ranking system

i really wish valve would do the simple solution of adding a casual 5v5 with the same ruleset like Dota 2 has (the game they actually pay attention to) and giving players access to ranked after some amount of wins, ideally 100-200

• Locked thread