Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Some big hungry reptiles at feeding time.

Linked because there's something distinctly less cute and uplifting going on in the sidelines. I can't help but love big waddling crocs just wobbling themselves towards the food with their mouths open though. :3:

:stonk: nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope

(An alligator eats his buddy's hand)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Question: I'm really bad with types of cats, what are the cats that have that sort of pushed in face? They always tend to be very long haired if that helps at all.

Persians?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

pookel posted:

There is a 6-year-old yellow Lab being given away free locally because the owners are moving. I can't adopt him, but I want to. Look at this guy and read this description:

JESUS CHRIST WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS? A dog can come with you to your next house. Six years? How do you explain that to your children?

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Some big hungry reptiles at feeding time.

Linked because there's something distinctly less cute and uplifting going on in the sidelines. I can't help but love big waddling crocs just wobbling themselves towards the food with their mouths open though. :3:

Void Racers movie lookin' good.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I want a sphynx kitten so bad, you guys

"Eh, how cute can it be, I don't much care for hairless ca-:magical:"

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Eponine posted:

JESUS CHRIST WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS? A dog can come with you to your next house. Six years? How do you explain that to your children?
Maybe they're moving to an apartment and they don't think the dog could handle being cooped up? I'm not sure. I'm giving this guy the benefit of the doubt since he clearly cares about the dog.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
http://i.imgur.com/ZMwWcuO.webm

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

"I'm swimming!" :3:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I love this for so many reasons

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
News update: Bad things are happening in the world, but we have the cute thread, so its not all completely terrible. :3:

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Mr Vincent is a recent graduate of the Butterscotch Academy of Advanced Nap-Sprawling

I'm so proud. He worked really hard to get this far.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
This is Bob.

He has 1/2 a curly mustache :3:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Eponine posted:

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt in these situations. We just had a dog returned to the shelter I volunteer at because a new company took over their apt complex and changed the pet policy. No grandfathering and they couldn't afford to move. Apartment life can be hard to swing with pets.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I found some cute things on the internet today

A happy little cat:

Some tiny adorable deep sea creatures:

painted bird
Oct 18, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey, my best friend's oldest cat passed away unexpectedly today. Could I have photos of kittens to share with her, please? Also, photos of gigantic, long-haired black cats also welcome.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
WHO'S THAT POKEMON?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

painted bird posted:

Hey, my best friend's oldest cat passed away unexpectedly today. Could I have photos of kittens to share with her, please? Also, photos of gigantic, long-haired black cats also welcome.

Well he's definitely not gigantic and he isn't long haired, but he's black, so here is a Max. I hope 1/3 is acceptable

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008

KennyMan666 posted:

This is just unnecessarily cute, foster kitten adopts chihuahua:

And I wasn't sure if this went in this or the badass picture thread.
http://i.imgur.com/jkTrFxa.webm

:kiddo::kiddo::kiddo:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

drrockso20 posted:

WHO'S THAT POKEMON?

No seriously, what the hell is that?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Bismuth posted:

IT'S PIKACHU :haw:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Bismuth posted:

it's a Lowland Streaked Tenrec, they make sounds by rubbing their quills together, the only known Mammal to do so

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

drrockso20 posted:

it's a Lowland Streaked Tenrec, they make sounds by rubbing their quills together, the only known Mammal to do so

Ohmy god

e. They're far cuter in motion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9kJKu4cpXM

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Bismuth posted:

Ohmy god

e. They're far cuter in motion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9kJKu4cpXM

:kimchi:

also some content

quote:

Just when you think you've heard all the stories about Mr Rogers that make you mist up and realize just how good of a person he was another one pops up.

When Mr Roger's Neighborhood started in 1968 the country was just 4 months removed from the assassination of Dr King, and Fred Rogers introduced his neighborhood to Officer Clemmons, a black police officer who was a kindly, responsible authority figure and was Mr. Roger's equal, colleague and neighbor.

Around the 1 year anniversary of Dr King's death Mr. Rogers invited Officer Clemmons to join him in soaking their tired feet in a plastic wading pool. And there they were, brown feet and pasty white feet, side by side in the water. Silently, contemplatively, without comment.

25 years later, when the actor playing Officer Clemmons retired, his last scene on the show revisited that same wading pool, this time reminiscing. Officer Clemmons asked Mr. Rogers what he'd been thinking during their silent interlude a quarter century before. Fred Rogers' answer was that he'd been thinking of the many ways people say "I love you."

TL;DR Mr Rogers is still awesomesauce.

source

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

also some content

source
Come the gently caress on :unsmith: Man, he was amazing.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Animals and their weird friends.
http://i.imgur.com/qZCFwXz.webm

http://i.imgur.com/e7HSRaV.webm

http://i.imgur.com/3iQLWg1.webm

http://i.imgur.com/pHomh8A.webm

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

also some content

source

Fred Rogers is a saint and a paragon of kindness and compassion.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh my god this cannot be real. :kimchi:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

AlphaKretin posted:

Oh my god this cannot be real. :kimchi:

Rodents are ridiculously smart.

I visited a lab where they taught pouched rats to sniff out landmines. They're heroes!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cat - "Where did you get those beads? "

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Dienes posted:

Rodents are ridiculously smart.

I visited a lab where they taught pouched rats to sniff out landmines. They're heroes!

Today I learned I am less heroic than a rat.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LMgkGesoVI

Here's the full video with more rat tricks.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

hiddenriverninja posted:

Today I learned I am less heroic than a rat.

Well, your bodyweight would set off a landmine, but a rat's bodyweight won't. So they're more suited to the task, if that makes you feel any better.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 07:42 on Nov 15, 2015

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Hyperlynx posted:

Well, your bodyweight would set off a landmine, but a rat's bodyweight won't. So they're more suited to the task, if that makes you feel any better.

To illustrate:

This is a rat receiving his reward for a job well done. :buddy:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Hyperlynx posted:

They also have very good sniffers, so they help find where the mines are. Humans gotta use metal detectors and stuff.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
The rats are also being trained to detect cases of tuberculosis by smell. And to add to the :3:, when they get to the age of 6 or so the rats are retired, and spend the rest of their lives chilling out and eating fruit.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

bobjr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LMgkGesoVI

Here's the full video with more rat tricks.
This is the proest click, holy poo poo. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Friend of mine had rats for a while and says they eventually learned to be lookouts for each other, so that when you came in the room and saw one propped up on its hind legs and squeaking, you knew to look for the other one immediately, because it was almost certainly getting up to something it wasn't supposed to. :3:

• Locked thread