Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
New patch today. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10375552.page

quote:

EASHL AI GOALIES
AI goalie attributes will be lowered in the situation where a player controlled goalie drops from game to be fair to the other team.

You win again, input lag!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

EA Patch posted:

- Increased the chance of a trip when spamming pokecheck from behind the puck carrier.
- Added ability* for players to lose speed the more they spam pokecheck
- Tuned down ability for players to perform defensive deflections behind them.
- Pokechecks will now only connect with strength on the way out, not on the sticks return back to the player.

We'll see how this actually goes (the effect will end up being terrible) but holy poo poo this needed to happen

*not applicable to superstars, of course

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

quote:

- Added 15 female heads to create player selection.

Finally. In all seriousness, there shouldn't just be 1 or 2 selections.

Everything else is terrible.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

So the changes to poke check don't work as intended?

Also this

EASHL CLUB CHALLENGES
Select the Club Challenge dressing room and search for the team you wish to challenge. When both teams are ready to play, send the challenge and start your game. The game will only count towards your Pro's Player Badges progression and personal stats.

Let's roll, dogs. The Food Network on Xbox or Tism Time on ps4 are accepting challengers.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

sellouts posted:

Let's roll, dogs. The Food Network on Xbox or Tism Time on ps4 are accepting challengers.

The Food Network challenges Tism Time

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Is there a way to bump the difficulty in HUT or do you just have to move up through the leagues?

Also, where do I turn off the "three defenders below the goal line at all times" setting?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Dangerllama posted:

Also, where do I turn off the "three defenders below the goal line at all times" setting?

:f5: ebgames.com until you see a pre-order link for NHL 17

8-Bit Dracula
Dec 31, 2007

Why did I get sent down to the minors with my BAP rookie, who happens to lead the league in assists and points??

I bumped the diff to superstar, feeling a rookie shouldn't rub shoulders with Ovechkin in the top. Is it all the turnovers game's nagging about or what? This happened after a first star game where I scored 3 points.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Just because. Maybe you didn't perform the deke your coach wanted to see?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Dangerllama posted:

Is there a way to bump the difficulty in HUT or do you just have to move up through the leagues?

In single player HUT the difficulty depends on the league you've joined. There's a Superstar league with no entry requirements where you play AHL/NHL teams on all star and superstar difficulty that you can join right away, iirc. Superstar difficulty is hilariously unbalanced and rubber-bandy, but you get decent coins out of it and once you get the hang of it it's fine.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

8-Bit Dracula posted:

Why did I get sent down to the minors with my BAP rookie, who happens to lead the league in assists and points??

I bumped the diff to superstar, feeling a rookie shouldn't rub shoulders with Ovechkin in the top. Is it all the turnovers game's nagging about or what? This happened after a first star game where I scored 3 points.

This happened in NHL 14 too. The official forums never did make any rhyme or reason out of it, but leading theories were committing giveaways, being seen "out of position", making bad passes and not fulfilling game goals (win some faceoffs, left winger who never sees 4 on 3 time!).

8-Bit Dracula
Dec 31, 2007

flakeloaf posted:

This happened in NHL 14 too. The official forums never did make any rhyme or reason out of it, but leading theories were committing giveaways, being seen "out of position", making bad passes and not fulfilling game goals (win some faceoffs, left winger who never sees 4 on 3 time!).

Glad I'm saving manually and consistently.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
If I had a goal for every time i made a good defensive play to poke/lift/hit the CPU off the puck only to have him or a teammate still be the first one there and still manage a scoring chance, I'd win every game 25-0

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:
All those changes and my LW still getting harped on to win faceoffs... thanks EA.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Bet they haven't fixed it so my female C can get in a fight yet either.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Oh, were you aiming that pass that way?

It would be a shame if it were to go

IN THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE DIRECTION

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

mods can we rename this thread

NHL 16 - That's definitely not where I wanted that to go

gman14msu
Mar 10, 2009
I may be the only one who actually plays Be A GM but does anyone know if there are guys on my minor league roster that I don't control? They are in the edit lines screen but not in contract or trade. They are some non prospects who will never make the NHL and I want to clear some room so my guys with potential can play.

Also any good guides on developing players? Also when to sign drafted players? I. E. Right away or wait a few years til they are good enough for your AHL team.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

gman14msu posted:

I may be the only one who actually plays Be A GM but does anyone know if there are guys on my minor league roster that I don't control? They are in the edit lines screen but not in contract or trade. They are some non prospects who will never make the NHL and I want to clear some room so my guys with potential can play.

Yes, those are players that are populated onto the AHL roster that have AHL contracts with those teams in real life. If you go searching for them in the Free Agent lists, you can find them there and sign them to the 50-man roster. However, there is no way to remove them from the roster or the Edit Lines roster list. You have to just continuously replace them in Edit Lines with the players that you want.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
that was the worst when I'd play beaGM and you'd inevitably have your entire roster reset every few weeks no matter what settings you have AI control to.

ah yes because I want a 30 year old useless shitbag punchman playing over my top draft pick!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is there any difference between NHL Legacy and NHL 16? I have a PS3 and a newly acquired/shared PS4 and will have a decision to make when my cheap rear end takes advantage of Christmas sales. If the lone difference is NBC graphics and Doc Emrick commentary, I may opt for Legacy.

gman14msu posted:

Also any good guides on developing players? Also when to sign drafted players? I. E. Right away or wait a few years til they are good enough for your AHL team.

On top of what Hockles said, if you call up one of your AHL goalies to the NHL and have one goalie left on that roster, the game will auto-assign you a free agent goalie you'll have no control over in similar fashion. The two I've gotten over the years had skills of 64 and 50.

e- If worse comes to worse, sign-and-trade a couple of them who might have value or higher ratings. I did that and flipped J-F Jacques from the Falcons to STL for a prospect. I think I did it another time with someone else for a pick, too.

I never sign my prospects until they're ready to go unless it's right out of the gate. Usually the second year (or, at worst, when I'm about to lose them).

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Nov 21, 2015

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I bought NHL 16 when it was 20 bux off on Monday! I am enjoying myself quite a lot despite not playing an NHL game since..... NHL 98??? Yeah...

I am on PS4! Add me and be amazed at how bad I am at this game!

PSN: AlAqsaRevo

I also play Rocket League, BF4 and sometimes GTA5

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is there any difference between NHL Legacy and NHL 16? I have a PS3 and a newly acquired/shared PS4 and will have a decision to make when my cheap rear end takes advantage of Christmas sales. If the lone difference is NBC graphics and Doc Emrick commentary, I may opt for Legacy.

Yes, the game play is completely different.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Yes, the game play is completely different.

I will go so far as to say that NHL 16 is a good enough hockey game that I can recommend it over the legacy version. I would not have said that about 15.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

NHL 16 for XBox One is $36 digitally if you have XBox Live.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Can someone link the video of hockles checking somebody into the sky from old eashl?

I think it was hockles?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Dubious posted:

Can someone link the video of hockles checking somebody into the sky from old eashl?

I think it was hockles?

It was warning, and yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_ABPaPBVY

Grizzly Christ
Sep 26, 2005

I have 98 chewing speed and 99 swallowing power.
:catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare:

Hockles posted:

NHL 16 for XBox One is $36 digitally if you have XBox Live.

Where did you see this?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
So, idk what EA did to the game but the last week or two I've had multiple games do the whole "reset time and go to a faceoff" thing in the middle of the game. Makes it pretty much unplayable at the moment. I only play 1v1 online vs so I can't comment for the rest of the online game modes but it's definitely an issue in vs.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Grizzly Christ posted:

Where did you see this?

I believe it was part of Microsoft's Black Friday special.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Just picked this up and I've been playing D in EASHL with some friends. Is there a consensus on what the best class is? Seems like the Two-Way D is pretty good since I can't check for poo poo in this game.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Offensive defenseman for me. I think Neo uses 2 way. I run a lot of 2s and 3s though so sometimes the AI rolls idiot wingers and I gotta contribute.

Not sure who else is a dedicated defenseman at this point. At least any that are worth a poo poo and play regularly.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

sellouts posted:

Offensive defenseman for me. I think Neo uses 2 way. I run a lot of 2s and 3s though so sometimes the AI rolls idiot wingers and I gotta contribute.

Not sure who else is a dedicated defenseman at this point. At least any that are worth a poo poo and play regularly.

I'm usually with at least 2 good forwards so I don't play much offense. Is enforcer the only class that is going to be decent at checking or am I just poo poo at it in this game?

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
I play 2wd basically every game. Checking is not something you will do a lot of if you're playing it right. I'd say maybe one bigish hit against the boards against an impetuous winger per game, maybe truck a guy behind the net every 2 or 3 games. For the most part your close in D is going to consist of gliding into people and keeping as much of your body as possible between them and the puck. Big hits are usually a net loss honestly because you can't grab the biscuit and can't even skate in a predictable route because of the corpse in front of you and the other side is more likely to have someone on a line to the puck's general area with momentum.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/essbeeay/video/13154399

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Hockles10/video/13154415

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Two-way or offensive D depending on who you are playing with.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYlS6c9RruA

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

so one game where you're down 2-0 with 3 minutes in the 3rd and one game that you didnt win until 18.6s left

shameful

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

sellouts posted:

I play defensive defenseman. Other than slapshots from the point off the draw, I don't have any offensive aspirations and prefer to lay back to block shots and murder people. I've noticed you take slightly less tripping penalties as a Def. D-Man as well since your pokecheck is considered good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

oh yeah, that makes sense

He does murder people, y'all. Injuring the other team is a valid tactic and it owns, just make sure someone is covering behind him

• Locked thread