Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

strap on revenge posted:

why do 95% of american cars use the brake lights as indicators? you cant tell if people are braking or about to merge in front of you if you can only see one of the tail lights

i too often get into troublesome situations where i can only see one brake light, pulsing in perfect rhythm, and i am terrified it is a robot tapping the brakes every 0.4 seconds as a warning to humanity and not a turn signal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Pringles cans should be about 1/2" wider in diameter. Makes me mad. Mad enough to kill? Probably not. Let's not find out

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

keep posting horrible bathrooms please

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

numberoneposter posted:

Saves water, neat idea

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

numberoneposter posted:

poor execution but I get the point.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

This is amazing and should be a standard bathroom fixture.

I assume the "bad design" is on every other bathroom, for not doing this.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

its redundant though

just piss in the sink

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

strap on revenge posted:

some of the european and asian made cars do but they are mostly red

Whoa never noticed that. Like I guess I'm not properly tuned into annoyance. Like all American cars use a red indicator?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I am not a big fan of the way Android answers calls and manages snooze vs silence alarm clock. You have to press in the middle of a circle and then two equally weighted icons (one of which your thumb is now obscuring) have to be slid to: one being the default option you want the other being the opposite of that. It used to be one big green icon in the middle for the thing you want and one small red icon in a corner for the other option.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Gabriel Pope posted:

This is amazing and should be a standard bathroom fixture.

I assume the "bad design" is on every other bathroom, for not doing this.

A better version of it is really common in Japanese households. Poop/pee in toilet, stand up, turn around, press flush plunger and rinse your hands in the sink that's built into the top of the tank, which will become the water for the next flush.

Actually a picture is easier, even if this is kind of a janky example:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Sheep-Goats posted:

I am not a big fan of the way Android answers calls and manages snooze vs silence alarm clock. You have to press in the middle of a circle and then two equally weighted icons (one of which your thumb is now obscuring) have to be slid to: one being the default option you want the other being the opposite of that. It used to be one big green icon in the middle for the thing you want and one small red icon in a corner for the other option.

I only vaguely know what you're talking about, so I'm just going to say I'm not a fan of the way Android consistently changes the interface to key functions like answering calls and putting your phone on silent between versions. I had to root my phone and use an Xposed module to restore the same silence functionality every version of Android before 5.0 had because some dork thought everyone wanted an overly complex priority system instead. It's like, man I just want to silence everything and not have my phone vibrate while I'm in a meeting, or whatever

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Ryoshi posted:

i too often get into troublesome situations where i can only see one brake light, pulsing in perfect rhythm, and i am terrified it is a robot tapping the brakes every 0.4 seconds as a warning to humanity and not a turn signal

its just one of those small things that makes no sense. apparently theres studies that show the orange indicators are like 5% safer. america is the only country that doesn't have regulations for making indicators the amber colour

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

That's gross, I don't want to piss into dirty hand water

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Brosnan posted:

A better version of it is really common in Japanese households. Poop/pee in toilet, stand up, turn around, press flush plunger and rinse your hands in the sink that's built into the top of the tank, which will become the water for the next flush.

It's actually a really smart idea. Surprised that it isn't more common to see.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Brosnan posted:

Just think of all that frothy, used-toothpasty water gently splashing back into your butt when you poop.

mmmmmm

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 14, 2015

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

i only poop into the purest glacier meltwater, and its disgusting to think of filthy mouthwater splashing back into my b-hole

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the tesla is just too clowny for me like you open up the hood and it's like "where the gently caress is the engine at?"

then you sit in the drivers seat and it's like "where the gently caress are all the tactile controls for standard equipment?"

and apparently it has a little remote thing that looks like a lovely knockoff console peripheral ?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Sadly, the tank-top sinks are become less common as kawaii modern bathrooms are getting little sinks put in to be more accessible for kids etc. The toilet is in a separate room from the bathroom sink and bath/shower. I bet someone, somewhere has tried to gargle with the bidet, though.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Sheep-Goats posted:

Maybe they've changed it, because on my new Android phone you answer calls just like on an iPhone (slide the green to the right when it's locked, or just tap the green button if it's unlocked), and the snooze on the alarm is just a red button in the dead center of the screen that you slide in any direction you like.

Brosnan posted:

This is what the toilets/sinks in jail look like, except they're all one piece, made from stainless steel and without the seat. Wish I didn't know that.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I post on a phone from supermax prison. A pidgeon flew into the yard with a samsung core in its belly with the awful app loaded.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Me and the lads on level 3E share this account and spend the days coming up with good rear end posts.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
they use those toilet/sinks in jail. I know, because I had to poo poo in them. Since thats also your drinking water, you can turn around butters style, and drink water while making GBS threads

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

My 2015 Fusion's voice system works perfectly like 99% of the time, including giving the satnav addresses. It's actually creepily good at recognizing addresses, even non-standard ones. It even knows what state you're in and switches the context controls. Maybe you mush-mouthed idiots should try speaking clearer? I dunno. \/:shobon:\/

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Isaac posted:

Me and the lads on level 3E share this account and spend the days coming up with good rear end posts.

mods?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Isaac posted:

If these are the best you can do no wonder you're all imprisoned. I recommend more time in the library; your time might be better spent in the gym though.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Modest Mauser posted:

dvorak supremacy

:spergin:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

1gnoirents posted:

they use those toilet/sinks in jail. I know, because I had to poo poo in them. Since thats also your drinking water, you can turn around butters style, and drink water while making GBS threads

did the other prisoners make fun of you for doing this or is it just a thing everyone does

E: well other guy who went to prison can answer now that you're banned apparently

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I am honoured and touched that this thread has been goldmined. I would like to thank you all sincerely for your contributions. You've made an old man very happy.

My former workplace had HP laserjets. Fine machines. When I went freelance I bought an HP colour inkjet printer. What an utter POS. Constantly dropped the wireless connection, constantly gave an out of paper message when there was in fact paper. Generally rubbish. I gave it away and bought a Samsung laser printer instead which, once I used a static IP address, worked like a loving charm. HP printers used to be good.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

did the other prisoners make fun of you for doing this or is it just a thing everyone does

E: well other guy who went to prison can answer now that you're banned apparently

I guess you mean me? I never saw anyone take a Butters dump, while drinking the water. You do drink a ton of water though. My skin has never looked so good. Really, you get your business done as quickly as possible, because (at least where I was) the toilet is just against one wall without any obstruction of view between you and the rest of the inmates. I was in one that was set up with about 12-20 inmates in two large rooms, one with the toilet and a bunch of steel bunkbeds, and the other with a TV behind some plexiglass and a bunch of concrete tables for eating/playing cards. The shower was next to the toilet and there was no curtain or anything, so your fellow inmates get to know you intimately.

Anyway, there is a fun rule about taking a dump in there, though. Since there's no seat, it's all just made from one piece of stainless steel, it provides a good seal on your rear end when you sit. So the rule is that when you're finished pooping, but before you wipe, you reach behind you and flush it. That way, no poop air escapes into the general area, it all gets sucked down the toilet.

There's a surprising amount of rules like that in there.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

criscodisco posted:

I guess you mean me? I never saw anyone take a Butters dump, while drinking the water. You do drink a ton of water though. My skin has never looked so good. Really, you get your business done as quickly as possible, because (at least where I was) the toilet is just against one wall without any obstruction of view between you and the rest of the inmates. I was in one that was set up with about 12-20 inmates in two large rooms, one with the toilet and a bunch of steel bunkbeds, and the other with a TV behind some plexiglass and a bunch of concrete tables for eating/playing cards. The shower was next to the toilet and there was no curtain or anything, so your fellow inmates get to know you intimately.

Anyway, there is a fun rule about taking a dump in there, though. Since there's no seat, it's all just made from one piece of stainless steel, it provides a good seal on your rear end when you sit. So the rule is that when you're finished pooping, but before you wipe, you reach behind you and flush it. That way, no poop air escapes into the general area, it all gets sucked down the toilet.

There's a surprising amount of rules like that in there.

That's a good rule. Civilised. Tell us more please.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

therattle posted:

That's a good rule. Civilised. Tell us more please.

One more, but that's it, because I like this thread the way it is and I don't want to jack it.

Toilet paper is invaluable. You can't buy it from the commissary, and you only get 3 rolls between the 12-20 inmates in your "dorm" a day. That might seem like plenty, but it's the thinnest, singly ply toilet paper you've ever seen. Now, if they come in in the morning and there's still a roll left, you only get 2 that day. So, you have to hide that extra roll somewhere or on someone, so that you get three. Under the corner bunks, where it's not as easy to see, there was usually a good dozen rolls stashed, at least until someone does something wrong and they do inspections.

Uses for the extra toilet paper:

Coffee filter. You only get hot water in the shower for about 4 hours in the morning, and while you can buy grounds from the commissary, there's no machine available to make them in. Also, everyone has their own cup for water or whatever, and it's your cup from the time you get in until you're released. So, take a few cups and fill them with hot water, and put some grounds on a wad of toilet paper. Ball that up as much as possible and float in in a cup of hot water, making very strong coffee. That way, you pour a little out into your own cup, and add water. It's pretty weak, but it's amazing how much you crave stuff like coffee.

Padding out your pillow. You get one pillow, and it's about as thick as a crepe and made from vinyl. You can run one end seam against the metal corner of your bunkbed over and over until it splits open, and fill it with balled up toilet paper. A good comfortable pillow is important, because thanks to a few unfortunate incidents, they've done away with "lights out". Therefore, especially if you're on the top bunk, you've got a very bright fluorescent light about 4 feet above you that never shuts off.

Drying off after your shower. You only get one towel, which never gets washed and never gets replaced. Since you also only get one thin blanket and it's always freezing in there, most guys use their towels as an additional blanket, so you use toilet paper to dry off after a shower. Also, you rarely shower.

OK, that's it, no more threadjacking.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

criscodisco posted:

OK, that's it, no more threadjacking.

How about making a thread in Ask/Tell?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

criscodisco posted:

because thanks to a few unfortunate incidents, they've done away with "lights out". Therefore, especially if you're on the top bunk, you've got a very bright fluorescent light about 4 feet above you that never shuts off.

that's hosed up.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Daimo posted:

How about making a thread in Ask/Tell?

Seconding this because I want to hear more about the horrible hell-life that is prison for my own entertainment.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they're rotaries.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Seconding this because I want to hear more about the horrible hell-life that is prison for my own entertainment.

I'll give it a shot but it will be a few days until I have time to sir down to draft it up. I work long hours and Fallout 4 just came out, after all.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
If you're using Chrome, try to:

1. Open a few tabs.

2. Press ctrl+F, and type something, like 's', to find it on the page.

3. Click on another tab.

4. Press ctrl+F.

5. There's an 's' in a search box, but nothing happens. You click the up and down search arrows, and nothing happens. You need to take your hand off the mouse and press Enter.

Apparently, we can't have people repeating the same search by clicking an arrow, because that would be bad somehow. We need to disable the arrow and make you press Enter. To make sure you're serious.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

That's interesting. Though why do you need to take your hand off the mouse to hit enter? Do you only have one hand? Or does your keyboard have no numpad, so the enter key is too far for your mouse thumb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Phyzzle posted:

If you're using Chrome, try to:

1. Open a few tabs.

2. Press ctrl+F, and type something, like 's', to find it on the page.

3. Click on another tab.

4. Press ctrl+F.

5. There's an 's' in a search box, but nothing happens. You click the up and down search arrows, and nothing happens. You need to take your hand off the mouse and press Enter.

Apparently, we can't have people repeating the same search by clicking an arrow, because that would be bad somehow. We need to disable the arrow and make you press Enter. To make sure you're serious.

:agreed:, what a poo poo design decision. Either that or it's a bug that they just haven't fixed.

• Locked thread