Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
hey, if this is his destiny, us stealing all that poo poo would be part of the prophecy too, so no harm, bro fowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Poland Spring posted:

no harm, bro fowl

:aaaaa:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Applewhite posted:

Allow Mois to fulfill his destiny. While he is distracting the High Avian, steal all its stuff.

This then if the High Avian annoys us we just eat him

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Poland Spring posted:

This guy is a Consultant, sort of like a scammer except you pay them to tell you things you already know

This guy knows what's up.

Here's the update:

The last page complete:

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Bring the ancient bird alien on board (but don't trust him or take him at his word - I think he may be a scammer), bring the Quadrilinium on board, and check for anything else of value. (This bird guy seems like he is playing a god-grift variant of some sort.)

the_steve posted:

Ask not what we can do for them, but ask what they can do for us.
That is to say, bring the crazy bird into the ship, let the Pole loot, as is the way of his people.

Applewhite posted:

Allow Mois to fulfill his destiny. While he is distracting the High Avian, steal all its stuff.

etc.

Re: the synergizer - that's a different item from an expansion! This guy isn't...good. As we'll see.

Moving on to 101:

And here's the card we pick up, pretty much the worst thing in the game:

I check to see who he starts glomming on to and it's the Weapons officer. He now has an EXPERTISE of 3 until the date progresses. Luckily there's nothing left to fight right this second.
552:

1. We need to make our final preparations to leave this sector (and indeed, the game). The only thing that might delay us is the weapons system being borked (and along with it the other starship upgrades). It's a 16-day job which Mois should be able to do in (or 3 if he attracts the attention of the Mentor)
Do we want to commit the little energy we have to speeding up the jump at all, or healing the injured crew members, or should we hold onto it in case it's needed in the next sector?

The cloacaing device will refill while we're in this jump and Crocmelia will return to her post during this time, for what it's worth.

2. Once we've decided on this, we also need to figure out what kind of stirring final speech we're giving. This will give us some bonuses or penalties in the next sector.

Here's the manifest:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Final Speech: Declare "CAIMAN 3:16 SAYS I JUST WHOOPED YOUR rear end" give a stone cold stunner to every crew member, flip everyone off, and start the self-destruct sequence.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Deliver a rousing speech, one which will help all of our crew prepare for the inevitable confrontation with the Threshers. One which will make our crew actually get off of their lazy asses for once in their lives.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Final Speech: Declare "CAIMAN 3:16 SAYS I JUST WHOOPED YOUR rear end" give a stone cold stunner to every crew member, flip everyone off, and start the self-destruct sequence.

Also do this.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Sometimes it's a time for rousing words and speeches. But this is not one of those times.
Sometimes it's a time where gifts should be given the men to honor their service. But this is not one of those times.
Sometimes it's a time for heroic actions that inspire the men into greatness. But this is not one of those times.
Sometimes it's a time for grabbing the nearest skink and eating it whole before giving a large belch and taking a nap.
This is one of those times.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Are the Avians and their robots a reference to the Mentors from Norby the Mixed Up Robot?

For the final speech:

We're a long way from home. We've jumped way beyond the edge of the Caiman Empire, into uncharted space. Limited supplies, limited fuel. No allies, and now, no hope? Maybe it would have been better for us to have died quickly, back on the Caimania with our families, instead of dying out here slowly, in the emptiness of dark space. Where shall we go? What shall we do? I know where we shall go! The Void. The most guarded secret we have. The location was only known by the senior commanders of the fleet, and we dared not share it with the public. Not while there was a Thresher threat upon us. For now we have a refuge to go to. A refuge the Threshers know nothing about. It wasn't an easy journey. It was long, and arduous. But I promise you one thing: on the memory of those we left behind, we shall find it, and The Void shall become our new home. So say we all!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
What? We're still Caiman, can't have a speech without mentioning the riches to be stolen in the undisturbed nebula.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF4ZTcuhixc

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
My fellow Caimen, we're about to make our final jump. The most important thing to remember now is that I have first dibs on any loot we find on the other side. Get back to work!

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
My fellow Caimen, Assembled Freemen & Sexy Older Turtles:

We are but one jump away from our target. However, it's entirely possible that The Sexless Threshers are, too.

They've destroyed countless planets. They've ripped families apart, slaughtered numerous innocents, and seem to have a bloodlust that's nigh unquenchable. There's just one thing they haven't considered.

So have we. Our Meson Beam has gotten quite the workout on this little adventure, slicing through planets like a hot knife through a valet. And, unlike the sexless threshers, we KNEW what we were doing! These things seem like mindless slugs...we were totally cool with just blowing away planet after planet, just because they annoyed us!

We're such crazy assholes, our own computer turned against us, and we warped inside its mind and killed, it and installed a DEVO-loving robot that has made our lives much worse, JUST because it hosed with us!

NOBODY FUCKS WITH THE CAIMEN EMPIRE! I'M THE KING OF THE CAIMEN EMPIRE NOW! BOW DOWN TO YOUR KING, AND LAVISH HIM WITH RICHES AND SEXUAL ATTENTION AS HE LEADS US ALL TOWARDS TOTAL VICTORY!!!

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Asterios posted:

We are but one jump away from our target. However, it's entirely possible that The Sexless Threshers are, too.

They've destroyed countless planets. They've ripped families apart, slaughtered numerous innocents, and seem to have a bloodlust that's nigh unquenchable. There's just one thing they haven't considered.

So have we. Our Meson Beam has gotten quite the workout on this little adventure, slicing through planets like a hot knife through a valet. And, unlike the sexless threshers, we KNEW what we were doing! These things seem like mindless slugs...we were totally cool with just blowing away planet after planet, just because they annoyed us!

We're such crazy assholes, our own computer turned against us, and we warped inside its mind and killed, it and installed a DEVO-loving robot that has made our lives much worse, JUST because it hosed with us!

NOBODY FUCKS WITH THE CAIMEN EMPIRE! I'M THE KING OF THE CAIMEN EMPIRE NOW! BOW DOWN TO YOUR KING, AND LAVISH HIM WITH RICHES AND SEXUAL ATTENTION AS HE LEADS US ALL TOWARDS TOTAL VICTORY!!!

This. And spit some teeth into the air, because.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Heal everyone up. It's our last jump, so just save enough energy for our weapons.

Give a Defiant speech: "gently caress those guys. And gently caress THOSE guys. And gently caress some of you too. gently caress everyone who isn't us, and gently caress anyone who thinks they're going to gently caress with us!"

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Asterios posted:

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

I wish we had used the Giant corpse as a diplomat once.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
I would say to the crew, as I said to those who have joined this Government: "You have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." You have reached the end. You have ran away in Kitalpha, you have ran way in space and on planets, you shall fight with decreasing confidence and decreasing strength in the air, you shall defend our ship, whatever the cost may be. You shall fight in the space, you shall fight on the landing grounds, you shall fight in the corridors and in the lido deck, you shall fight in the bridge; you shall never surrender. Do. Or do not. There is no try. So say we all!

Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib
There's not enough PowerPoint in these speeches.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Get the bird guru to help you write a rousing speech.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Get the bird guru to help you write a rousing speech.

if it isn't clear from the card description that mentor is no help with anything.

Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib
These scrubs don't deserve anything inspirational, in Caimen culture one's true power is proportional to the boredom to which you can subject others.

Deliver a tedious speech extolling our ancestry (20 generations should be sufficient), captaincy, and overall sneakiness. The accompanying slide-pack should use every available wipe.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Initiate repairs, and use a Caimanized version of the St. Crispin's Day speech from Henry V to rally the troops.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Asterios posted:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Asterios posted:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Nobody fucks with us, we're xenocidal space reptiles!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Asterios posted:

Time to end this poo poo

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
We're more like this version of Steve Austin:

http://i.imgur.com/swEPYDz.jpg

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Got 5 votes for the Stone Cold Stunner (available because we're tyrants)

5 for a belligerent tirade

3 for the Classic Caiman with a promise of looting

1 for boring the hell out of your space scum crew and 1 for a vaguely inspirational speech.

I'll check again soonish.

Update will probably be a short one tonight as I have people coming into my house and staying there, but I believe this is the home stretch and in a couple of days we will have either won or died pathetically close to the goal.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
belligerent tirade

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Always go for the unlocked option. STONE COLD STUNNER

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Poland Spring posted:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Poland Spring posted:

Save the stunner for the threshers

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Belligerent tirade. We are gonna gently caress the threshers, find a planet in the void to crash on, rebuild our empire then continue screwing over every species we encounter. The problem is that will be a lot of work. My fellow caimens, which is greater, our bloodlust or our laziness?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Also to clarify I was voting for the belligerent tirade I just liked that Stone Cold GIF from 1848. Save the stunner for the threshers

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Also to clarify I was voting for the belligerent tirade I just liked that Stone Cold GIF from 1848. Save the stunner for the threshers

Our only option now may be for singles combat. If we were dealing with klingons we could challenge thier captain, winner take all. I wonder if threshers have honour.......

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Tirade it is. Update soonish.

If it's any consolation this book predates Steve Austin's professional wrestling career by a couple of years and the Stunner by almost a decade, so picking the stunner option wouldn't have been exactly the same as what was being asked for. It's pretty clear Austin read this book and took his entire persona from it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I regret that we didn't find the Laser Sword.
It was a worthless item that killed or maimed you more often than not, but it led to some amusing Game Overs.

• Locked thread