Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Jordan7hm posted:

ie never.

My question is will he keep posting about it when it's the OPC doing it. Ontario politics has been bad with cronyism and short term fixes for a very very long time.

Hey, I gave the OLP 10 years of learning time so surely the OPC deserves the same. I think you have higher hopes for them than I do though, I don't think they win. Let's get Paul Dewar heading the ONDP now that he has some free time and I'll have some hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

Ikantski posted:

Let's get Paul Dewar heading the ONDP now that he has some free time and I'll have some hope.

Agreed.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

PT6A posted:

You may not. A feeling of constant persecution is the only thing that can stimulate most CanPol posters; be considerate and do not deprive them of it.

How close to self-awareness are you right now?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Well, the French are going to war. Wonder if we're going back.

They are going to gently caress "someone's" poo poo up, depending on who takes credit.

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
--

Melian Dialogue fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 2, 2016

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

3 dudes walked into a concert hall and opened up with AKs, reloading a couple of times during the process.

And then they started executing hostages one by one.

France is going to war.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
This is awful :(

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
At least report the news accurately if you're going to spread it here!

40+ dead, hostage situation in the Bataclan concert hall (possibly 100 inside), suicide bombing and/or grenades at the football stadium, a bar was shot up from outside by gunmen.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Melian Dialogue posted:

But don't worry, its all probably just a group of people with mental illness who randomly scouted out locations, geared up and assaulted and killed over 40 people. Im sure this won';t have anything to do with the Islamic State, no need to worry guys. Random event, just like a natural disaster.

Jesus Christ, Melian, now is really not the time for your weird vendetta against certain points of view that disagree with yours.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

Melian Dialogue posted:

Jesus christ, at least 40 people dead, potentially 60 people held hostage at an art venue.

Some sources for live news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60wDzZt8yg

http://live.reuters.com/Event/Paris_attacks_2

Hollande has called state of emergency, closed borders.

But don't worry, its all probably just a group of people with mental illness who randomly scouted out locations, geared up and assaulted and killed over 40 people. Im sure this won';t have anything to do with the Islamic State, no need to worry guys. Random event, just like a natural disaster.

Shut the gently caress up, Melian.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The police have apparently stormed the theater, I hope this goes better than when the Russians did something similar.

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
--

Melian Dialogue fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 2, 2016

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Yes I'm sure it was only a matter of time before the Jihadi masterminds Nuttall and Korody pulled off a big coordinated plot like this. It's just too bad France doesn't have the Mounties to keep em safe from terrorists :angel:

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 14, 2015

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Melian Dialogue posted:

"Now's not the time" as if our posting on a comedy forum in Canada has some effect on a live situation. I picture a French cop just about to gear up and storm the Bataclan but then, a pop up comes with my message and he stops and angrily has to respond, unfortunately letting precious minutes tick by.

Do you seriously not see the difference between what people were saying about Zehaf-Bibeau and this? It's not about you actually having an effect on the situation, it's about you trying to score weird points in some imaginary shitposting conflict no one else cares about.

"Heh, 40 people are dead? Sweet time for me to make a sick burn on CanPol posters who disagree with me :smug:"

Go gently caress yourself.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Generally It's inappropriate to make a political point while people are right now being killed dude.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

vyelkin posted:

Do you seriously not see the difference between what people were saying about Zehaf-Bibeau and this? It's not about you actually having an effect on the situation, it's about you trying to score weird points in some imaginary shitposting conflict no one else cares about.

"Heh, 40 people are dead? Sweet time for me to make a sick burn on CanPol posters who disagree with me :smug:"

Go gently caress yourself.

Swagger cannot tell the difference between shooting military targets and shooting civilians, so why would you think he could tell the difference between Ottawa and Paris or the difference between what happened there?

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
--

Melian Dialogue fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 2, 2016

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Well, I tried. :shrug:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Lol @ the suggestion the RCMP is good at anything except getting away with sexual assault

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
--

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

See, this is proof that C-51 has saved dozens of lives and that all of the privacy and civil rights issues are bogus. Case closed.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

eXXon posted:

See, this is proof that C-51 has saved dozens of lives and that all of the privacy and civil rights issues are bogus. Case closed.

This would never have happened if one of the people in the theatre had strong anti-terrorism legislation.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Your posting is fine, but the bit about Muslim stuff was pointless. No poo poo it was Islamic radicals. Not first time and not last time, and still not really relevant to Canadian political questions. This stuff is pretty sad and bad though. :(

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Melian Dialogue posted:

"Now's not the time" as if our posting on a comedy forum in Canada has some effect on a live situation. I picture a French cop just about to gear up and storm the Bataclan but then, a pop up comes with my message and he stops and angrily has to respond, unfortunately letting precious minutes tick by.

edit: some actual content:

https://twitter.com/newtgingrich/status/665312487147896832

Posted on the DND page. Jesus christ. Of course! Thats what a live shooting needs, barely trained old people with lovely calibre handguns facing trained armed militants with 7.62mm AK-47s. Definitely, lets throw in more chaos for first responders to deal with.

Why do you think they're trained militants? Most CC people larp with their guns all the time, they train at least as much as lovely terrorists. In a smallish theatre, I doubt the 7.62 probably shooting FMJ is giving you a huge advantage over a 9mm or 5.7x28 shooting mushrooming personal defense rounds.

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
--

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Well guys if you need a little faith I did get an email from someone begging us to stay the course with the refugees because they are fleeing this violence not the ones perpetrating it.

Also fun fact France has taken in 500. Yes 500 only.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Reports of a huge fire tearing through the refugee camp near Calais.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Melian Dialogue posted:

Reuters reporting raid on Bataclan is over. Two killed, several injured.

Agence France-Presse just tweeted "une centaine de morts au Bataclan (sources policières)"/100 dead at Bataclan, jesus christ

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Reports say they were throwing explosives at the hostages in the Bataclan.

Par for the course for ISIS.

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
--

Melian Dialogue fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 2, 2016

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Melian Dialogue posted:

gently caress. Calais Refugee Camp on fire.

I hope this wasn't set by a Frenchman.

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
--

Melian Dialogue fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 2, 2016

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

MA-Horus posted:

Well, the French are going to war. Wonder if we're going back.

They are going to gently caress "someone's" poo poo up, depending on who takes credit.

If they invoke Article 5, won't we be obliged? It's obvious that NATO wasn't conceived with non-state actors in mind, but I don't recall it making any distinction. Still, I'd be much more willing to support Canada *and the rest of NATO* attacking ISIS than I would be wiling to support us attacking them alone.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Melian Dialogue posted:

gently caress. Calais Refugee Camp on fire.

Apparently it is a false/old report.
edit: now apparently it might be real? who the gently caress knows.

Daynab fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 14, 2015

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
I dunno, I'm a pretty anti-war person, but I'd in theory support at this point NATO as a whole going after those ISIS fucks.

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007
How do we wipe out ISIS in a way that doesn't bring about the equivalent of what ISIS is to Al Qaeda?

Radicals are gonna radicalize, but what's the long game the world can play to minimize their harm to the rest of society?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I guess Trudeau is going to speak at 2030 EST

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
--

Melian Dialogue fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 2, 2016

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

rawrr posted:

How do we wipe out ISIS in a way that doesn't bring about the equivalent of what ISIS is to Al Qaeda?

Radicals are gonna radicalize, but what's the long game the world can play to minimize their harm to the rest of society?

Have regional powers take care of them instead. Getting involved more in the fight against ISIS just seems fruitless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

rawrr posted:

Not sure what you mean? ISIS was al-Qaeda before they split.