Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Three Olives posted:

Nah, CDG is operating normally, no cancellations, no diverted flights, maybe the close customs for an hour or two but they would start cancelling flights by now if they were really closing the border.

In the know right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

TITY BOI posted:

funny how they so rarely seem to hijack any other religions, though.

hahahhaha

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

rakovsky maybe posted:

loving tamil seperatists

go tigers

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TITY BOI posted:

just remeber, the terrorists are merely hijacking religion to further their political agenda!

More like: One of the world's wealthiest states (Saudi Arabia) has hijacked a religion for its own political agenda.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Omi-Polari posted:

More like: One of the world's wealthiest states (Saudi Arabia) has hijacked a religion for its own political agenda.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Volguus posted:

Chain them, wage war on them will only make things worse, not better. Right or left, does not matter.

Lefties never want to do anything about it though, it's always "some mentally ill person" etc
So instead of fixing/wiping out the cause of it they just bury their heads in the sand every time.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

crew posted:

We need to install some strongmen/ dictators back in there cuz obviously they cant govern themselves

The Saudis/Gadaffi/Assad were our ~third way~ strongmen and they were poo poo and caused this mess

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

TITY BOI posted:

We all know Islam is the problem. Now we need a solution...

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

did the lady on the left eat them?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Itzena posted:

A plan with no drawbacks.

ya

but seriously trying to flush all the petrodollars in circulation from the system would probably lead to a decades-long global recession and possibly world war

or if you let this poo poo continue a wahhabist rampage on everyone's rear end

maybe should have read that 1 single book before throwing your hat in the ring with saudi arabia

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

TITY BOI posted:

They were just waiting all those centuries for the Catholics to get it out of their system.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Omi-Polari posted:

didn't the current saudi king help fund 9/11?

I remember after 9/11 hearing radio ads saying "Saudi Arabia is our friend and had nothing to do with 9/11" lmao

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

yeah all i'm seeing are discounts on concert tickets

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Amazing it still works.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

theperminator posted:

Lefties never want to do anything about it though, it's always "some mentally ill person" etc
So instead of fixing/wiping out the cause of it they just bury their heads in the sand every time.

Please enlighten me (us) on how to "fixing up the cause" would go about? I'm sure there's a Nobel prize waiting for whoever has the solution.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Omi-Polari posted:

The Vatican did the same thing but Sean O'Leary and Frank Graboni don't seem to blow themselves and others up over it.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
This lady on BBC World News looks like a Cod fish.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Volguus posted:

Wtf has politics to do with this? Left or right what are you gonna do? Kill all muslims? Kill all people in the countries identified as possible threats?

Nah just all males over the age of 13.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I've read a few articles about this, has it been confirmed yet who the perpetrators were? In all I've read, they say 'no group has claimed responsibility for the attacks', but hoo boy, people are commenting, foaming at the mouth that they should eradicate all Islamic people so terrorist attacks don't happen anymore.

Also, I am expecting any minute now to see an article lambasting the French, and making some smarmy dig about how they were rolled so easily in World War II or something equally baseless because some people are just gigantic shitheads.

I figured I'd hit my weekly limit of depressing news when I read that the food situation in Sudan is so dire, some people have turned to eating the dead out of desperation. But no, there's always something more.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i look forward to vladimir putin taking the muslim problem into his own hands

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I thought goons hated cultural imperialism and po-lice and the man and the army

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

How do you get into a concert with handgrenades and an AK-47 anyways?

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Volguus posted:

Please enlighten me (us) on how to "fixing up the cause" would go about? I'm sure there's a Nobel prize waiting for whoever has the solution.

I never claimed to have the solution, but saying "religion has nothing to do with it" and an action plan of a serious leaflet drop won't solve the problem.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Volguus posted:

Wtf has politics to do with this? Left or right what are you gonna do? Kill all muslims? Kill all people in the countries identified as possible threats? Because both the left and the right support the war on terrorism, though they obviously disagree on how it should be carried. You cannot just go in and "shoot first, ask questions later", this will only give birth to more terrorism. They're angry, they're oppressed, they have been angry and oppressed for quite some time now (not without the help of the west), they are exploding (literally).

Chain them, wage war on them will only make things worse, not better. Right or left, does not matter.

I'm reading no solutions in this post.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

GORDON posted:

Nah just all males over the age of 13.

This is what the Kurds are doing right now.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

theperminator posted:

What do you suggest we do?

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
lotta epic loving thruthbombs being dropped in the gibbus today...

maybe this is it for us

meybe we're... awakeining

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

theperminator posted:

if we just kill everyone that will stop the killing. brilliant. also im 13 years old

Lemon
May 22, 2003

People aren't ever going to stop killing other people. Don't worry about it too much.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

crew posted:

You shoot the guy at the door trying to stop you?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

LadyPictureShow posted:

I figured I'd hit my weekly limit of depressing news when I read that the food situation in Sudan is so dire, some people have turned to eating the dead out of desperation. But no, there's always something more.

We'll give them plenty of dead to eat :911:

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

theperminator posted:

We invaded two countries as a response to 9/11 and it didnt exactly yield stunning results

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Strategic Tea posted:

The Saudis/Gadaffi/Assad were our ~third way~ strongmen and they were poo poo and caused this mess

dumbest post itt

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

KingColliwog posted:

What do you suggest we do?

Stop inviting people who despise western ideals to live in western countries on the government dole perhaps?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Strategic Tea posted:

I thought goons hated cultural imperialism

nah it owns

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

crew posted:

"We're gonna have a fuckin killer finale."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I just read a white and painfully correct-thinking leftist who was extremely angry that muslim organizations in france thought it necessary to condemn these attacks

• Locked thread